Forum Settings
Forums

Weirdest and best experiences at anime events [Tell me yours]

New
Sep 28, 2020 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
This is always a fun topic to tal about. What were the weirdest and best experiences that you had when attending to anime events?

Weirdest for me: Finding and dealing constantly with some cosplayers that wore that creepy/weird masks with anime character faces that freak you out. Most of you saw that kind of stuff on memes already. I would say it was that and dealing with a bunch of Furries.
(Fun Fact: Now i kinda like that masks hahha but in the past they freaked me out)

Best: Uh this one is hard, i always have a bunch of amazing experiences but i would say it was either being able to spend a good time with a very nice girl that was cosplaying as Rem and then taking professional pictures of me with Ram and Rem. Ah that was an amazing time~~ Or meeting some guys that were cosplaying as characters from Nanatsu no Taizai and spending the day with them and at the end of the day we became friends and we took a bunch of pics also aahha
(Fun fact: Meliodas was a girl haha I wont say that i didnt fell in love with him kek)

Now, its your turn!!
Sep 28, 2020 2:59 AM

Apr 2018
Weirdest : I was 20 at the time. I met a weird girl who attached to me for unknown reason. I was in an online manga club. And this girl as well, but she never attended offline gathering so it was the first I saw her. I dunno why she seemed so attached to me. She even asked me to play hide and seek inside the mall far away from the crowd and we explored the mall together while playing hide and seek for hours. She was really attractive but I felt that she was really weird tbh. Even until today, I still wonder if it was just my illusion, but I have her picture from that time. I had a chat with her that night but we lost contact after that. The fb she used to join the manga club wasn't her real one I think. It was fun, but weird.

Best : Hm.. I think it was the first time I got to be on the newspaper, lol. Our manga club got a section on the newspaper.
Sep 28, 2020 3:32 AM
Jul 2018
InJ_Mataga said:
Weirdest : I was 20 at the time. I met a weird girl who attached to me for unknown reason. I was in an online manga club. And this girl as well, but she never attended offline gathering so it was the first I saw her. I dunno why she seemed so attached to me. She even asked me to play hide and seek inside the mall far away from the crowd and we explored the mall together while playing hide and seek for hours. She was really attractive but I felt that she was really weird tbh. Even until today, I still wonder if it was just my illusion, but I have her picture from that time. I had a chat with her that night but we lost contact after that. The fb she used to join the manga club wasn't her real one I think. It was fun, but weird.

Best : Hm.. I think it was the first time I got to be on the newspaper, lol. Our manga club got a section on the newspaper.

woah
that sure was weird aaha, did u got a bit sad since you could not contact her after that?XD

Sep 28, 2020 3:34 AM

Jun 2007
InJ_Mataga said:

Those types are ones you're lucky if you avoid and you did so you dodged a bullet. They're crazy and always a regret if you accidentally go out with them or do the naughty.
Sep 28, 2020 6:34 AM

Apr 2018
@TrveAnimu
Kinda, lol.
But tbh, I was so innocent at the time, and she really made me curious about her.
I knew that she had a close someone (a girl) in the club because how they interacted in real and I tried to find her real fb by searching through that person's friend list , but I couldn't find a pp resembles her ( lol, really, I wasn't trying to stalk her, I was just curious about her)

@TallonKarrde23
I think I didn't dodge anything at all looking at how I followed her game, lol.
I can see what you mean though..
But I personally think that maybe she had rough days before and wanted to do something fun and unusual for stress relief..
I think she was just emotionally unstable at the time
Whenever I tried to be serious she always dragged me then ran
Maybe she chose me because my appearance ( I looked so innocent despite my age)
Either way, I don't think she wanted a friend
But well, I don't know and maybe will never know her true reason doing that
_Mataga_Sep 28, 2020 7:04 AM
Sep 28, 2020 7:16 AM

Aug 2007
The best memory I had may seem weird. This was more than 10 years ago, but I encountered this drummer on a social media site who belongs to a band which covers Japanese songs. They're not popular or whatever, but I followed their content and eventually became casual friends online due to my relentless comments lol. Needless to say, I had a crush on him. We never really spoke in real life, and he doesn't know how I look like. Unfortunately, due to school, I can't find ways to attend conventions they participate in. But there's this one time that I attended one weekend, and to my surprise they were there. I didn't introduce myself because I'm shy and I was alone, and also he's 22 at the time while I was still a minor. But I stood there amidst the pool of weebos cheering in as they play a song from supercell which I was a fan of. It was magical yet bittersweet, admiring someone from afar like that.

I don't have any weird experience from conventions, although at the time I find it odd that there are grown-ups during events, which of course I understood as I grew up.
もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

Sep 28, 2020 7:22 AM

Jun 2015
Finding the hentai booth out in the open and browsing through it all without even trying to hide what I was doing. It was awesome.

💖 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝒶𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓃❣ 💖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 💝 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 💝 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝒯𝓊𝒷𝑒 💝 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
💝 𝑀𝓎𝐹𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 💝
Sep 28, 2020 7:43 AM

Apr 2016
One convention I went to I had a girlfriend at the time, I bought Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt on blu-ray, she thought it was hentai -_-

There was also a Nintendo booth and got to try out Star Fox Zero before it came out
Sep 28, 2020 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
haydenluvsanime said:
Finding the hentai booth out in the open and browsing through it all without even trying to hide what I was doing. It was awesome.

Very stonks i would say ahhahahah XD
Sep 28, 2020 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
Poulain said:
The best memory I had may seem weird. This was more than 10 years ago, but I encountered this drummer on a social media site who belongs to a band which covers Japanese songs. They're not popular or whatever, but I followed their content and eventually became casual friends online due to my relentless comments lol. Needless to say, I had a crush on him. We never really spoke in real life, and he doesn't know how I look like. Unfortunately, due to school, I can't find ways to attend conventions they participate in. But there's this one time that I attended one weekend, and to my surprise they were there. I didn't introduce myself because I'm shy and I was alone, and also he's 22 at the time while I was still a minor. But I stood there amidst the pool of weebos cheering in as they play a song from supercell which I was a fan of. It was magical yet bittersweet, admiring someone from afar like that.

I don't have any weird experience from conventions, although at the time I find it odd that there are grown-ups during events, which of course I understood as I grew up.

Nice experience!
And its amazing to see people from all ages attending these events right? One of the firsts i went there were ppl around their 60s and no they were not there bcs their grandchildren hahah they were full on otakus! That sure is amazing:)

Sep 28, 2020 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
InJ_Mataga said:
@TrveAnimu
Kinda, lol.
But tbh, I was so innocent at the time, and she really made me curious about her.
I knew that she had a close someone (a girl) in the club because how they interacted in real and I tried to find her real fb by searching through that person's friend list , but I couldn't find a pp resembles her ( lol, really, I wasn't trying to stalk her, I was just curious about her)

@TallonKarrde23
I think I didn't dodge anything at all looking at how I followed her game, lol.
I can see what you mean though..
But I personally think that maybe she had rough days before and wanted to do something fun and unusual for stress relief..
I think she was just emotionally unstable at the time
Whenever I tried to be serious she always dragged me then ran
Maybe she chose me because my appearance ( I looked so innocent despite my age)
Either way, I don't think she wanted a friend
But well, I don't know and maybe will never know her true reason doing that

ahaha i did that many times too after events, searching for that one girl that you spent the day with><
Sep 28, 2020 10:44 AM

Jul 2016
I've only ever been to a con twice, and both times it was Manchester Anime Con.

The first year (2017) was great. They have this small stage set up to do shows or contests on. I headed back to that area after everything was over, and I got to meet this bunch of cosplayers just dicking about to the background music. No clue what any of them were cosplaying as, but I took a photo, so if anyone recognises anything, please tell me. There was also a guy dressed as the Joker, but he'd already fucked off by that point.
They were lovely and we ended up in an impromptu dance session on the stage which two or three people came to watch. I saw one guy filming us, so I know that somewhere out there, there exists footage of me and a bunch of cosplayers dancing badly to YMCA on a plywood stage on an indoor basketball court. I want to see that footage.
Also made friends with an Okabe cosplayer and one of the staff members was nice and paid for my drink when the vending machines were card-only and all I had was cash. Thanks, good samaritan guy.

Less happened in the second year, but it was still fun. I played a bunch of kids at Smash Bros and filmed an (official this time) dance contest on that same plywood stage. There was a female-Natsu Dragneel dancing to 5, 6, 7, 8 and Pour Some Sugar on Me, and a Tokyo Ghoul cosplayer dancing to Shout Out to My Ex.
ChilliePeppersSep 28, 2020 10:48 AM
Sep 28, 2020 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
_Dusty_ said:

The first year (2017) was great. They have this small stage set up to do shows or contests on. I headed back to that area after everything was over, and I got to meet this bunch of cosplayers just dicking about to the background music. No clue what any of them were cosplaying as, but I took a photo, so if anyone recognises anything, please tell me. There was also a guy dressed as the Joker, but he'd already fucked off by that point.
They were lovely and we ended up in an impromptu dance session on the stage which two or three people came to watch. I saw one guy filming us, so I know that somewhere out there, there exists footage of me and a bunch of cosplayers dancing badly to YMCA on a plywood stage on an indoor basketball court. I want to see that footage.
Also made friends with an Okabe cosplayer and one of the staff members was nice and paid for my drink when the vending machines were card-only and all I had was cash. Thanks, good samaritan guy.

Less happened in the second year, but it was still fun. I played a bunch of kids at Smash Bros and filmed an (official this time) dance contest on that same plywood stage. There was a female-Natsu Dragneel dancing to 5, 6, 7, 8 and Pour Some Sugar on Me, and a Tokyo Ghoul cosplayer dancing to Shout Out to My Ex.

Nice!! I love to hear all these stories haha
Funny that i also had a Female Natsu dragneel on my last eventXD
Sep 28, 2020 11:17 AM

May 2013
My favorite story to tell of anime conventions is about my former friend cause this is a wild story:

I met this one person at locals for Cardfight. He was odd, autistic but really nice. Eventually comes out as trans and says I inspired them. Find out this individual has a crush on me and sends me a message during a match saying they want me to take their virginity. Weird but okay.

Now fast forward to the convention. The whole time this person has been acting like a child. Freaking out because I happened to be homeless at the time. Apparently that makes me a potential thief. We get back to the hotel room all 4 of us were sharing. It was me, my fiance, individual and mutual friend. Individual pulls out a knife and starts threatening me to have sex, turns out individual is a predator. We diffuse the situation after an hour.

Now whenever I go to the local anime convention I sometimes run into individual and they growl at me like a furry or something. It's actually really shitty. This person took advantage of my being homeless to get close to me and reveal they are a predator. Now I only really go to the convention with my fiance to avoid situations like this.

Ultimately this is a weird story, now it is funny story. Well, I find it funny. Most people don't.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Sep 28, 2020 11:26 AM

Jul 2016
TrveAnimu said:
_Dusty_ said:

Nice!! I love to hear all these stories haha
Funny that i also had a Female Natsu dragneel on my last eventXD

Apparently, it's a pretty popular outfit for women. I guess I can see why.
Oct 2, 2020 1:13 PM
Jul 2020
My favorite story:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

27 by Dracowyn »»
19 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

23 by Ejrodiew »»
41 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

676 by Hitagi__Furude »»
1 hour ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.