Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Heatmap - An extension for tracking your anime/manga consumption

New
Sep 26, 2020 6:53 AM
Mar 2019
Hi there!

I've created this little experiment, is a tool for tracking your anime/manga consumption-based on activities from your MAL history.

Link -> https://malheatmap.com

It also generates a BB Code to add an image of your progress in your profile or signature :)

With time, your profile will be like this:

Be aware that this image is using fake data. When you subscribe, you will see your current history, entries before 21 days won't show upfront, but, the app will start saving your history from now, so you won't lose your history when MAL hides it after this period.

You'll find more detailed information on About and FAQ pages.

Any feedback/ideas/suggestions are welcome. :]
andersonkrsSep 28, 2020 4:35 AM
Sep 26, 2020 5:19 PM

Dec 2019
great.
Thank you.
I already added that to my profile
Click here to see My Tampermonkey Scripts For MAL

If you like my work, please consider supporting it!
https://www.patreon.com/hacker09

Sep 27, 2020 8:28 AM
Oct 4, 2020 5:31 AM

Oct 2018
Reminds me of Anilist a bit, thanks this is cool.
I added it to my profile.

Oct 4, 2020 4:13 PM

Feb 2015
Looks great, but sadly I cleared out my history recently :(

It seems bugged though. It is counting One Piece chapter 991 as 991 entries lmao and it is the same with other stuff.

Oct 6, 2020 3:05 PM
Mar 2019
_Jordo said:
Looks great, but sadly I cleared out my history recently :(

It seems bugged though. It is counting One Piece chapter 991 as 991 entries lmao and it is the same with other stuff.

I wouldn't say that is a bug, but by desing xD. On the FAQ page there's an explanation about it, but in short, when some anime/manga appears on your public history page for the first time, MAL Heatmap will consider the current episode/chapter amount as watched/read on that day, because there's no way to get the previous position since MAL hides it.

I haven't found a better way to address this particular situation, an option would be starting to count from the next entry, but it sounds wrong to me, imagine if you just start to watch something, then you added 10 episodes at once in your history, it wouldn't appear in your MAL Heatmap on this scenario. :(

I'll think a bit more about it and try to figure out something, maybe making it more clear on the timeline. Thanks for the feedback :)
Oct 6, 2020 4:05 PM

Feb 2010
that would be useful if i updated my list daily...
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 23, 2020 1:40 PM

Oct 2018
I changed my username. If I type in the new username and copy that to my profile, it seems like all the history is erased and starts from the beginning?
What should I do?

Nov 24, 2020 3:21 AM
Mar 2019
hazarddex said:
that would be useful if i updated my list daily...

It does, the updates are executed in an interval of 12 hours.
andersonkrsNov 24, 2020 3:27 AM
Nov 24, 2020 3:26 AM
Mar 2019
BABYODA said:
I changed my username. If I type in the new username and copy that to my profile, it seems like all the history is erased and starts from the beginning?
What should I do?

Please, send me a PV with your prior username, I'll merge your profiles for you. I need to explain this on FAQ, but in short, the way that MAL Heatmap searches for your history is based on your current username.

myanimelist.net/history/<yourusername>

Although, if you change it, your profile won't be updated anymore, because there is no way to identify your account on MAL.

Mar 22, 8:30 PM

Dec 2019
is it gone forever?

Mar 26, 4:27 PM

Dec 2019
Thanks for getting it up

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
10 hours ago

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
11 hours ago

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
11 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Apr 25, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.