Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 4, 2020 8:02 PM
Dec 2013
I got this idea from the Fire Emblem Heroes reddit.

Every time a new hero launches the mods make HYPE and SALT threads for all the people, so why not here?

This thread is for the people who's not hyped about the series, whatever the reason.

I will start.

While I was neutral about this one before, after watching Re: Zero S2 I started to notice major problems with the writing, specially after the 2nd part of the 1st season.

It's not SAO levels of bad writing, but clearly has a lot of problems in the way the story progresses.

so yea, I'm not hyped about this one...
AdorelisSep 4, 2020 8:08 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 4, 2020 9:42 PM

Jun 2020
Shield Hero is a valiant attempt at trying not to be what it exactly is, a power fantasy harem isekai. Naofumi and his moral policing of the other heroes is so boring, and ofc everyone except Naofumi and his party are a bunch of no-good losers and Naofumi has to fix up everyone's messes. Add in slavery and animal-women hybrids into the mix, and it's an automatic success amirite.

That said, some of the episodes were enjoyable.
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 4, 2020 9:46 PM

Jul 2017
Nope. This is the last thing MAL needs.

Sep 5, 2020 1:29 AM

Dec 2018
Adorelis said:

Every time a new hero launches the mods make HYPE and SALT threads for all the people, so why not here?

This thread is for the people who's not hyped about the series, whatever the reason.

I will start.

While I was neutral about this one before, after watching Re: Zero S2 I started to notice major problems with the writing, specially after the 2nd part of the 1st season.

It's not SAO levels of bad writing, but clearly has a lot of problems in the way the story progresses.

I wasn't hyped over Re:Zero, you might not be hyped over Shield Hero, that's how it goes. If SH is overhyped so is Re:Zero.
Sep 5, 2020 11:04 AM
Mar 2018
ReaperCZ said:
Adorelis said:

I will start.

I wasn't hyped over Re:Zero, you might not be hyped over Shield Hero, that's how it goes. If SH is overhyped so is Re:Zero.

I disagree. Re:Zero is an objectively much better show.
Sep 5, 2020 1:38 PM

Dec 2018
malinoski554 said:
ReaperCZ said:

Then provide me some facts. Everyone is hyping Re:Zero chars, I can't really say that I like even one of them. By the way, I am not comparing the 2 shows, just saying that both can be overhyped.
Sep 17, 2020 7:22 PM
Apr 2020
Back when Shield Hero was first airing and I was watching it, I was hoping it was a show about a dude rising above in spite of being hated by society, and dealing with the problem of demi humans being enslaved and in the process freeing his own slave.

Instead, what I got was a harem anime with boring side stories. It's hard to care about the relationship between Naofumi and Raphtalia when the show is entirely focused on the relationship between Naofumi and some other female character who will become less important in a few episodes and replaced.

Naofumi as a character doesn't really evolve or change or grow for most of the show. He remains a whiny crybaby because "society wronged me" for much of the show.

We also don't see how he got his some of his abilities.
We don't see much about trying to live in such a society other than he kills monsters to sell for coin and he crafts meds for people to sell for coin. He buys food and rents lodging with that coin. That's it. Very little about the rules and how others live.

The timeskip in the first few episodes was really bad. It should've been spent building the relationship between our 2 main characters that were merely introduced about a couple episodes ago.

The waves of monsters could have been made more intimidating and something much bigger, scarier, and extraordinary to await for to build the tension from anticipation.

All in all, the anime starts well. The rest is ruined because some executives of whatever publishing company thought "needs harem", "needs beach episode", "needs spa episode", and other nonsense that don't belong in what is supposed to be a dark action adventure romance anime.

I'm so happy I don't waste money to stream anime because then I'd be subsidizing mediocrity in an industry afraid of taking risks
Sep 24, 2020 6:16 AM
Jun 2020
ReaperCZ said:
Adorelis said:

I will start.

Another retard trying to trash talking re zero while the adaptation is currently at 8.65 *facepalm
Sep 24, 2020 10:57 AM

Dec 2018
Coldpain said:
ReaperCZ said:

Another retard trying to trash talking re zero while the adaptation is currently at 8.65 *facepalm
More than that it seems to me that you are another ReZero tard. No one was yet able to provide me with some facts why is ReZero that great. Even in first season there was way too much hype. :)
Sep 24, 2020 10:58 AM

Dec 2018
Coldpain said:
ReaperCZ said:

You did not even read the LN what in the actual F are you talking about? Get lost.
Sep 24, 2020 11:23 AM
Jun 2020
ReaperCZ said:
Coldpain said:

You did not even read the LN what in the actual F are you talking about? Get lost.

ReaperCZ said:
Coldpain said:

More than that it seems to me that you are another ReZero tard. No one was yet able to provide me with some facts why is ReZero that great. Even in first season there was way too much hype. :)

ReaperCZ said:
Coldpain said:

yeah, i understand what's going on here. i'm pretty sure some sh fans find out that re zero is more popular and better than SH. That's why they trying to compare it with re zero (in it's own thread). Actually this is the 2nd time i see this kind of thread where you can see the first one on SH season 1 thread by yourself (the thread is about poll asking people to compare re zero with sh even though in the end it did not go as the op predict lol)

I'm not hating on SH you can see on mylist i gave it 8 and yeah i gave re zero 10/10 you don't need to be salty about it lol. if you think i'm a retard for liking re zero then i could tell you the same for liking aobuta :p

Ps. You don't need someone to provide you an explaination to liking a series. It's all up to you to decide which is good or bad. This kind of mindset is literally toxic for your future :)
ColdpainSep 24, 2020 11:34 AM
Sep 24, 2020 11:27 AM
Jun 2020
ReaperCZ said:
Coldpain said:

What did you know about me bruh? I read the LN i even bought the hard copies of vol 1-12, maybe you should stop judging someone just because they did not add something to their playlist
Sep 29, 2020 1:26 AM
Jan 2020
always remember it could be way worse cough cough reki cough cough
Oct 9, 2020 1:42 AM
Jul 2018
This is all because of The Church of the Three Heroes!

removed-userOct 9, 2020 1:47 AM
Oct 12, 2020 1:29 PM

Oct 2018
On the bright side nothing could be as bad as the arifureta mess...
Oct 23, 2020 9:08 AM
Sep 2020
ReaperCZ said:
Coldpain said:

shield hero genric shit isekai
Oct 23, 2020 9:11 AM
Sep 2020
ReaperCZ said:
Coldpain said:

rezero is best isekai and shield hereo genric with edgy protagonist getting all fame + fanservice and tell me one ep of it that is demonstrats real thing
Oct 23, 2020 9:30 AM

Dec 2018
Swapnil12345 said:
ReaperCZ said:
Nobody said that Shield Hero is great. But I ReZero is far from being best Isekai :) It way too overdramatized. They story just drags and drags.......getting almost nowhere.
Oct 23, 2020 9:37 AM
Sep 2020
ReaperCZ said:
Swapnil12345 said:
Nobody said that Shield Hero is great. But I ReZero is far from being best Isekai :) It way too overdramatized. They story just drags and drags.......getting almost nowhere.
its best isekai and its every ep have real suffering + it have good story and what is drag ?? Explain me please
Oct 23, 2020 9:42 AM
Sep 2020
ReaperCZ said:
Swapnil12345 said:
are you saying time looping is drag have you ever heard about world building rezero s2 is covering best arc of all isekais it not have a edgy and genric plot like all isekais and a mc which suffers to achive his goals + side characters get proper respect even minor character like rem have huge fanbase its power of story which you saying drag drag
Oct 23, 2020 9:45 AM

Dec 2018
Swapnil12345 said:
ReaperCZ said:
its best isekai and its every ep have real suffering + it have good story and what is drag ?? Explain me please
You are just another ReZero fan pretending that its the best show. You only watched/read about 10 things and you "COMPLETED" all "ONGOING" ReZero books and gave all of them rating 10. Can you be quiet? I really want to use some mean words but I wont. Get your s**t together pls
Oct 23, 2020 9:49 AM
Sep 2020
ReaperCZ said:
malinoski554 said:

Then provide me some facts. Everyone is hyping Re:Zero chars, I can't really say that I like even one of them. By the way, I am not comparing the 2 shows, just saying that both can be overhyped.
ahem ahem story of rezero is much better then shield boy i cannot understood that after reading it voloume shield hero gets worse it literally turned into shit isekai why is gets so much hype story is pretty medicore as compared to rezero and side characters are uselesss
Oct 23, 2020 9:51 AM
Sep 2020
ReaperCZ said:
Swapnil12345 said:
You are just another ReZero fan pretending that its the best show. You only watched/read about 10 things and you "COMPLETED" all "ONGOING" ReZero books and gave all of them rating 10. Can you be quiet? I really want to use some mean words but I wont. Get your s**t together pls
i have read all books and they best top selling in japan aslo and when i said its best show i have said best isekai bro
Oct 23, 2020 9:54 AM
Sep 2020
ReaperCZ said:
Swapnil12345 said:
i have just joined mal bro i d and not read all books of other animes
Oct 23, 2020 11:03 PM
Mar 2020
Re:zero>>>>>SH.
Oct 24, 2020 8:05 AM

Oct 2017
yo its no use to arguing bruh, every people has its very own taste.. just respect.. for me i like both series Re:zero & SH
Oct 31, 2020 3:09 AM
Sep 2018
ReaperCZ said:
malinoski554 said:

Overhyped doesn’t necessarily means Re Zero is a bad show.

Yeah I know, most of 10 on 10 rating comes from fandom. But even so, most of fandom aren’t idiot. Nor the general mass.
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Jan 8, 2021 3:24 PM
Nov 2017
Coldpain said:
ReaperCZ said:

Call me trash idc but I finished season 1 of re zero but I won’t watch another episode until I know the mcs kiss or start to date I’m tired of attempted bait romances without an ending in site so I’ll just bide my time. And the new show the hidden dungeon is how romance and harems should go. First episode and there already making out and she’s ready for marriage. I don’t really like the incest angle though
Jan 13, 2021 6:11 PM

Mar 2020
I didn't bother reading the OP I came here to simply vent on the fact that shield anime even had a green light to get aired. It has to be one of the worst anime in existence. From the MC spam ability to the shitty writing and awful OP there is nothing good about this anime. There are so many wonderful and great Mangas out there waiting to get adapted and we get this disgraceful!
Jan 13, 2021 6:14 PM

Mar 2020
L-Mo-Reppin said:
Coldpain said:

Call me trash idc but I finished season 1 of re zero but I won’t watch another episode until I know the mcs kiss or start to date I’m tired of attempted bait romances without an ending in site so I’ll just bide my time. And the new show the hidden dungeon is how romance and harems should go. First episode and there already making out and she’s ready for marriage. I don’t really like the incest angle though

Re Zero was awful the only reason I also bothered to watch it was I thought it was a romance. It turned out to be an outlet for horny kids and a facade of a well-written story. dont waste ur time I didn't even bother with season 2
Jan 13, 2021 6:15 PM

Mar 2020
Birdsanddrugs said:
On the bright side nothing could be as bad as the arifureta mess...

How could such a shitty show get a green light for season 2 dumbfounds me
Jan 14, 2021 10:10 AM

Jul 2020
malinoski554 said:
ReaperCZ said:

Sorry for late reply but saying X anime is "Objectively" better than X doesn't make you smart you know.We need "Facts" not opinions.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 14, 2021 2:06 PM
Oct 2015
Imo I'm not very hyped for the 2nd season since I feel it will be alot worse than season 1 because it will either dismiss a whole arc or change the order of certain events, which will make it easy for holes in the story to happen and will diminuish the overall experience.

Plus at least to me, ignoring certain moments of the anime, the LN was more enjoyable. I will watch since it has been a long time since i read the LN and it'll be good to remmember the story if it doesn't have much filler, but my expectations aren't very high.
Jan 15, 2021 2:09 AM
Oct 2020
I got mad salt for this franchise. How is this #1 upcoming??
They boasting about 2 seasons confirmed but the only trailer is a PowerPoint of season 1 with NO Release date! ?
Jan 18, 2021 10:02 PM
Sep 2018
ReaperCZ said:
malinoski554 said:

I have read up to the arc 6 of web novel. and Re zero is so far on the top tier of Isekai, you see, Re:zero story focus more on character driven , not plot driven type of story. so you need to understand the characters to know what it's about ,the series specially about Subaru devlopment,how he grow from an arrogrant guy thinking he special or sum shit to a character who always improving/relying on other people and better, tho i don't want to wasting time talking about what Subaru learned in every arcs, both positive and negative development. Re:zero is a series about self-improving and self acceptance , for example : during the scene where he talking to Rem during arc 3 , subaru got 2 choices : self-acceptance (rem and runaway with her ) or self-improving ( Emilia ) , he choose self-improving , to change for a better person , yet he haven't accepted himself yet ,that will happened in the future tho , arc 1 is about his pride and how he choose humility , arc 2 is about wrath and temperance, arc 3 is about sloth and diligence.etc . we also have the world building of re zero , consists of 4 countries and is a FLAT world. in Wilhem flashback, you notice there is a civil war , the demi-human wars , this is important in the elections events, because Emilia is a demi-human,etc , there is a lot to talk really, too much to talk about , I recommend reading Tappei Faq answer , there like 90 of questions and answers somewhere on internet so you can know more about Re zero
Jan 18, 2021 11:27 PM

Dec 2018
hoangmy_son said:
ReaperCZ said:

I have read up to the arc 6 of web novel. and Re zero is so far on the top tier of Isekai, you see, Re:zero story focus more on character driven , not plot driven type of story. so you need to understand the characters to know what it's about ,the series specially about Subaru devlopment,how he grow from an arrogrant guy thinking he special or sum shit to a character who always improving/relying on other people and better, tho i don't want to wasting time talking about what Subaru learned in every arcs, both positive and negative development. Re:zero is a series about self-improving and self acceptance , for example : during the scene where he talking to Rem during arc 3 , subaru got 2 choices : self-acceptance (rem and runaway with her ) or self-improving ( Emilia ) , he choose self-improving , to change for a better person , yet he haven't accepted himself yet ,that will happened in the future tho , arc 1 is about his pride and how he choose humility , arc 2 is about wrath and temperance, arc 3 is about sloth and diligence.etc . we also have the world building of re zero , consists of 4 countries and is a FLAT world. in Wilhem flashback, you notice there is a civil war , the demi-human wars , this is important in the elections events, because Emilia is a demi-human,etc , there is a lot to talk really, too much to talk about , I recommend reading Tappei Faq answer , there like 90 of questions and answers somewhere on internet so you can know more about Re zero
I do understand that ReZero focuses on characters. The problem is that I don’t really like Emilia or Rem, therefor there ain’t much left for me to really enjoy about the show :D
Jan 19, 2021 1:54 AM
Sep 2018
why you don't like emilia or rem ? why don't you like someone like Elsa or something ?
Jan 19, 2021 2:21 AM
Sep 2018
ReaperCZ said:
hoangmy_son said:

I do understand that ReZero focuses on characters. The problem is that I don’t really like Emilia or Rem, therefor there ain’t much left for me to really enjoy about the show :D

you need to dwell deeper to understand both of them , Rem and Emilia and they inner stuff , at the end of ss1 ,Rem, who have inferior complex due to Ram is a prodigy , after arc 2 event and subaru influence , she learn to self-accepted but still haven't changed that toxic personality of her. , while Emilia especially you will know more about her in ss2 part 2. but before that , On first view, Emilia look like your typical good girl type, but when your notice the world in re zero, you know that despite being hatred due to she being a half elf , she is and trying to be a good person, during ss2 part 1 loop when Emilia wake up in horrified, the first thing she notice and care of is Subaru face, she ignore her own pains to care for other, there is minor details that you can notice is special , like how she used old school language, the way she acting is important for how old she is, after all I have tried to come up with facts if you want more , you can read this question and answers https://web.archive.org/web/20200606140246/https://pastebin.com/TUV8u3yq
( the original is privated and I have to use this one )
Jan 19, 2021 2:26 AM

Dec 2018
hoangmy_son said:
ReaperCZ said:

you need to dwell deeper to understand both of them , Rem and Emilia and they inner stuff , at the end of ss1 ,Rem, who have inferior complex due to Ram is a prodigy , after arc 2 event and subaru influence , she learn to self-accepted but still haven't changed that toxic personality of her. , while Emilia especially you will know more about her in ss2 part 2. but before that , On first view, Emilia look like your typical good girl type, but when your notice the world in re zero, you know that despite being hatred due to she being a half elf , she is and trying to be a good person, during ss2 part 1 loop when Emilia wake up in horrified, the first thing she notice and care of is Subaru face, she ignore her own pains to care for other, there is minor details that you can notice is special , like how she used old school language, the way she acting is important for how old she is, after all I have tried to come up with facts if you want more , you can read this question and answers https://web.archive.org/web/20200606140246/https://pastebin.com/TUV8u3yq
I get what you are saying and I do understand their stories and how they are written but I can’t just get to feel them. Its a bit unfortunate but you know how it goes. You can’t enjoy everything and it sometimes happens like this. No matter how hard I try I cant get to like ReZero :D I am not saying that ReZero is bad, it is not. I just hate when people compare Shield Hero and ReZero while both focus on different story telling and different aspects. It just doesnt feel right.
Jan 19, 2021 2:28 AM

Dec 2018
ReaperCZ said:
hoangmy_son said:

I get what you are saying and I do understand their stories and how they are written but I can’t just get to feel them. Its a bit unfortunate but you know how it goes. You can’t enjoy everything and it sometimes happens like this. No matter how hard I try I cant get to like ReZero :D I am not saying that ReZero is bad, it is not. I just hate when people compare Shield Hero and ReZero while both focus on different story telling and different aspects. It just doesnt feel right.
I appreciate your effort nevertheless.
Jan 19, 2021 2:53 AM
Sep 2018
I have read the web novels , the 90+ faq, for example , did you know that Subaru and the archbishops names after stars and constellations , subaru is japanese name of Pleiades , Regulus ,Aldebaran, Ley batkenkattos ( interestingly , it's the white whale ), Betelgeuse,etcs is importantly connected, like when ss2 SUPPOSED To air on April fool/2020 ( subaru birthday lmao) , pleiades lines up with Venus , this transition don't happened every years , the only other time it's lined up again is april first 2012 which is when re zero first published as web novel, the witches of sins name is also based on Asteroids instead of stars, if you can go really in-depth about them , you can speculate what the next will happened in the next arc ,

I have read the shield hero web novel to the end of it and I can say it's was rather disappointed with generic comical villains level and asspull power "No u" attack. some characters going to appear in the upcoming of ss2 is going to be quite annoyed because they are 2d dimensionals characters when react on situation , they static stereotypes. and I am not compare the two , i jut said that shield hero is overall 5/10 bad types , well goodbye have a nice day.
Aug 21, 2021 1:15 PM
Sep 2020
I think I'm losing brain cells at re:zero being compared to shield hero. Shield hero is 3/10 imo and rezero is like 8 or 9. Unlike shield hero, Re:zero has well-written characters like Subaru. He may be unlikable, but his development starting at episode 18 of S1 is done well. Shield hero has 0 good characters. Raphtalia is mentally 12, but is trying to be with Naofumi, Naofumi is just an edgy op harem mc, and Filo is just there.
Aug 21, 2021 1:15 PM
Sep 2020
I think I'm losing brain cells at re:zero being compared to shield hero. Shield hero is 3/10 imo and rezero is like 8 or 9. Unlike shield hero, Re:zero has well-written characters like Subaru. He may be unlikable, but his development starting at about episode 18 of S1 is done well. Shield hero has 0 good characters. Raphtalia is mentally 12, but is trying get with Naofumi, Naofumi is just an edgy op harem mc, and Filo is just there.
Aug 28, 2021 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
every show has its pros and cons, for example, re:zero acts like a bait for those that like romance animes and it takes at least 10 chapters to reach the interesting point every season and hero shield has a bad story writting and blah blah blah... but you have to realize that one tries to tell a deep history and the other tries to entertain. coparing thm would be like comparing "that time i got reincarned as a slime" and "isekai douchuu", both are isekais that have similarities but one tries to tell a more "intelectual" story and the other tries to entertain
Aug 31, 2021 11:12 PM
Mar 2021
Adorelis said:

I will start.

respectfully disagree I found that the 2nd season of Re:Zero was one of the best seasons of anime I've ever seen maybe it was the timing of everything with lockdowns but the hope and satisfaction that it brought filled my entirety with pure endorphins. RotSH is made for a specific audience as well. If you aren't hyped for this season, I'd humbly ask that instead if trying to make us all discouraged, just humbly and quietly move to a different show more suited to your tastes without harsh and unneeded criticism 🙏
Sep 6, 2021 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
indeed i am extremely salty that this trash gets a second season and ngnl still doesn't have one after all these years...
Sep 6, 2021 3:51 PM

Nov 2019
Umm, SH is good, and can be compared with Tensura, Bookworm, Tsukimichi or even Kumo. Don't go on to compare with something of Re:Zero or Mushoku Tensei tier XD.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Sep 12, 2021 1:44 AM
Sep 2021
I don't understand the success of this show other than it being a slightly disguised power fantasy. I guess that's all it takes sometimes.

However if it gives Kinema more money to make more Made in Abyss then I'm all for it.
Sep 16, 2021 3:58 AM

Apr 2020
Demon_of_Korasan said:
Back when Shield Hero was first airing and I was watching it, I was hoping it was a show about a dude rising above in spite of being hated by society, and dealing with the problem of demi humans being enslaved and in the process freeing his own slave.

Instead, what I got was a harem anime with boring side stories. It's hard to care about the relationship between Naofumi and Raphtalia when the show is entirely focused on the relationship between Naofumi and some other female character who will become less important in a few episodes and replaced.

Naofumi as a character doesn't really evolve or change or grow for most of the show. He remains a whiny crybaby because "society wronged me" for much of the show.

We also don't see how he got his some of his abilities.
We don't see much about trying to live in such a society other than he kills monsters to sell for coin and he crafts meds for people to sell for coin. He buys food and rents lodging with that coin. That's it. Very little about the rules and how others live.

The timeskip in the first few episodes was really bad. It should've been spent building the relationship between our 2 main characters that were merely introduced about a couple episodes ago.

The waves of monsters could have been made more intimidating and something much bigger, scarier, and extraordinary to await for to build the tension from anticipation.

All in all, the anime starts well. The rest is ruined because some executives of whatever publishing company thought "needs harem", "needs beach episode", "needs spa episode", and other nonsense that don't belong in what is supposed to be a dark action adventure romance anime.

I'm so happy I don't waste money to stream anime because then I'd be subsidizing mediocrity in an industry afraid of taking risks

you might think like that but the society is really f*cked up here...
naofumi isnt whiny crybaby the society is soo wrong that naofumi's actions were justified and which cant those are just byproduct of how society changed its mentallity
and become kinda anti hero
this maybe spoiler but

Sep 16, 2021 6:53 PM
May 2020
What the actual f**k did this thread turn into? A thread that was designed to attract people who were 'meh' towards the new season somehow achieved the complete opposite of what it was supposed to do.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2022

232 by FuchsiaBC »»
Apr 27, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2022

294 by somedudetalon »»
Apr 16, 7:34 PM

» Why the hate? ( 1 2 )

RealityChanges - Mar 14

63 by ziovice »»
Apr 6, 12:15 PM

» Tbh Just SKIP the Turtle Arc

Br3dWinn3rs - Jun 25, 2022

33 by sakuraspace »»
Mar 1, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2022

173 by ookamiAki »»
Feb 7, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.