Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 19, 2020 5:53 PM

Jul 2020
Just about a few months ago I started watching anime, and most of my friends clown on it super hard. I only have one friend who I can talk to it about. I just am not sure what to do because I don't have anyone to will talk about anime with, and I respect my friends that they just watch netflix and american shows. but it's whenever they talk about shows it's so different. Should I just tell them that I watch anime if they bring it up or keep it to myself?
<3
Jul 19, 2020 5:57 PM

May 2013
If they mock you for watching foreign cartoons then they are assholes, simple as that.

No need to worry so much about it since in adulthood people care less about what you do. Just be yourself and everything will be fine.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jul 19, 2020 5:58 PM

Mar 2018
Cluttering your mind with thoughts of others is but the staple example of what mongrels partake in.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Jul 19, 2020 6:14 PM
Apr 2020
What you watch is your choice in the end. Whether you tell them or not is truly up to you. Friends are supposed to support your likes and dislikes, though they might not enjoy it themselves.

Personally I am the same way, I have very few people around me in real life to talk about anime with. I really look towards people on the internet to meet and talk about what I am watching and that stuff with. But I understand where you come from. I think having someone face to face to talk about anime is very nice as well.

Don't let this thought take over your life, you don't need to negative energy! But don't let it take over yourself like a shell to where you need to walk on eggshells around people. (I hope it makes scenes)
Jul 19, 2020 7:14 PM

Jan 2016
I second what the others have been saying. Don't let other people's thoughts get into your head. Friends should be the ones who accept you for who you are, even if you might differ on TV show or other tastes.

Watching anime should be a source of relaxation and entertainment, not a flashpoint for argument or ridicule.
Jul 20, 2020 4:34 PM

Jun 2019
If you like anime, you like anime, don't worry about what other people say.
Jul 21, 2020 3:37 AM

Jan 2020
You should keep it to yourself until you meet people who are more progressive unless you want to be the constant butt of the joke. No hopes dealing with kiddos. In the meantime, you could use MAL to discuss anime.
"You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe."
Rei Ayanami
Jul 21, 2020 5:51 AM
Jul 2020
My friends also make fun of it but idc seriously. I used to to the same thing before someone conviced me to give Naruto a try. I just make fun of myself w them hahahaha just dont take it too serious! I would tell them if I were you, but it depends a lot on you relationship with them. Just dont worry about it too much. I just call myself a weird weeb when I talk to my friends and take things in a light way.
Jul 21, 2020 6:47 AM

Dec 2016
Next time they make fun of you pull out a gun
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Jul 21, 2020 6:53 AM
Jun 2020
They laugh at you for watching anime and yet these people like Miraculous.

Yikes! Just Yikes!
Jul 21, 2020 10:57 AM

Aug 2018
Thankfully, most of my irl friends are webs (which seems to be rare in this app) so I have no problem bringing it up in normal conversation. If you care about your social life, it's probably not the best idea to lead with the fact that you like anime bc it is seen as "weird" in a lot of places. But if someone is going to give you shit about liking anime without even taking the time to form constructive criticism about it, they probably aren't worth your time.
Jul 21, 2020 11:14 AM

Aug 2018
You should tell them, and in the end if they still make fun of you then they are just bad friends and you should stay away from them.

Jul 21, 2020 11:21 AM

Dec 2008
Erokk said:
Just about a few months ago I started watching anime, and most of my friends clown on it super hard. I only have one friend who I can talk to it about. I just am not sure what to do because I don't have anyone to will talk about anime with, and I respect my friends that they just watch netflix and american shows. but it's whenever they talk about shows it's so different. Should I just tell them that I watch anime if they bring it up or keep it to myself?

I can tell you for sure. 200%. Your interests will change by yourself. You will talk with your friends about:

- Classes and homework
- Relationships
- Traveling
- University and profession
- Where to move
- Diet
- World events

Believe me when I say this: Fuck anime and manga. FUCK ONE PIECE! How about that?

I'm a teacher and genuinely honestly enjoy talking to my friends at work about

Real Estate
The status of salaries
Anything but anime

Sure, some of friends teachers ask me for recommendations about anime or movie. I'm glad it is rare for one to ask me about anime, because I honestly don't enjoy talking about anime. I even don't hide it from my students. They know, and I rather ask them

What do you do after school?
Any question about my subject?
Talk about cars.

things like those

Much love and respect, Erokk, but fuck anime.
Jul 21, 2020 12:56 PM

Oct 2012
That depends on how much you value the company of your friends as opposed to self respect. If your friends can't respect your interests, then they're not real friends anyways, but sometimes people need other people's company even if they're fake pieces of shit.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 21, 2020 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
Should I just tell them that I watch anime if they bring it up or keep it to myself?
>I made my irl friends watch anime. Perfect crime. You just need to find an anime, they will like.
Nov 2, 2021 7:33 AM
Nov 2021
Perhaps someone will see that the antique verbal exchange has come to existence and also proportion their love for Japanese way of life. I do not see anything incorrect with that! Otaku for animekung, I urge, resurrect vintage topics! Don't permit all of us suppose this is wrong!
jdr4433Nov 2, 2021 5:10 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

49 by Meusnier »»
4 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

27 by cyandaqil »»
15 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 9 hours ago

4 by LoveYourEyes »»
22 minutes ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

25 by Jozuwa-_- »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

46 by scarydragon »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.