Forum Settings
Forums

Anime characters you like that everyone else hates.

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 31, 2021 1:10 PM

Jan 2019
Not sure if she's hated all that much, but I really like Mako from Kill la Kill. She's mental.
Jan 31, 2021 1:12 PM

Apr 2020
AquaMailman said:
Nina Einstein. It's not that "everyone" hates her, but the SJW mob gives the appearance of such because virtue signalling is their lifeblood. Nina knows how to treat foreigners and tables, but she's also capable in her duties. She's also one of those "librarian" type hidden gems who just needs to take off her glasses and let down her hair to become a bombshell. The only people who can genuinely hate Nina are Buzzfeed writers, faggots (I don't mean regular normal gay people), and cucks, but I repeat myself.

We just want justice for Table-kun.
Jan 31, 2021 1:14 PM

Apr 2020
CallMeHoot said:
Not sure if she's hated all that much, but I really like Mako from Kill la Kill. She's mental.

Who would dislike Mako ??? Literally best character from Kill la Kill (with our boy Gamamori)
Jan 31, 2021 1:16 PM

Aug 2019
probably Misa Amane, she wasn't all that bad of a character, though watching her get used by light was indeed frustrating :/
Jan 31, 2021 1:16 PM
Feb 2019
sogegesoge said:
shaiapouf from hxh, dunno if he's hated though, but he's kinda annoying in general, but in elegant way

Shaia is hated? Oh... I think now I have a character to answer this question.
I didn't know is hated, but... Shaia, yeah, I liked it.
Jan 31, 2021 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
Technically, Jojolion hasn't been adapted yet (and let's face it probably won't be for a long ass time) but I actually really enjoy Joshu as a character lol
Jan 31, 2021 1:20 PM

Apr 2017
Sengoku Nadeko from the Monogatari series, amazing character arc.

Nina from Code Geass, lowkey hot as fuck.

Shinji Matou from the Fate series, I am not capable of hating a character voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi.
cunnysseur
Jan 31, 2021 1:20 PM
Jul 2018
People dislike Minoru Mineta I think. He's the only funny part of the show
Jan 31, 2021 1:24 PM

Jan 2019
SupChoco said:
CallMeHoot said:

Who would dislike Mako ??? Literally best character from Kill la Kill (with our boy Gamamori)

Yeah I was so disappointed there wasn't anything more than a nod toward their relationship. I would have liked to have seen them end up together.

Classic "neat freak who needs someone messy and chaotic in their life" scenario.
Jan 31, 2021 1:36 PM

Apr 2020
I would say Tomoko for Watamote. A lot of people find her cringe and akward and just dislike the show in general. But for me this anime was special. Even tough all the situations she's in are ridiculous, I still relate to her and sometimes even to this day.

Just like her I stupidely thought things would change and be better just because I changed school. Worst thing in school was the loneliness, for a long long time I would only be noticed by bullies. I would often isolate myself upstairs to not be found. Worst thing than feeling alone is feeling alone in a crowded place. I was ashamed and didn't want to be seen. The scene when Tomoko is just alone by herself eating her bento in the classroom waiting for someone to notice her just crushed me. Just like her, I have sometimes anxiety and trouble speaking up and expressing myself. I'd sometimes imagine stupid scenario in my head where people would notice me. That's the stupid same paradox I was in, I wanted to make friends but at the same time I wasn't able to speak to anyone. For most of my time in school, I felt like trash. Just like in the ending song, I'd often just ask myself ... am I retarded ? what's wrong with me ? why can't function like everyone else ? it just seems so easy but it isn't for me ...

What's worse is that some things just haven't changed. I'm just as akward and stupid as I was before. And I fooled myself once again thinking things would be better in a new school. I'm in University now and I've never felt so dumb and disconnected from others. And the quarantine didn't help. I'm just stuck at home now, waiting to fail the year because I'm too dumb to fucking concentrate and study behind a stupid computer.

Jan 31, 2021 1:43 PM

Apr 2017
SupChoco said:
I would say Tomoko for Watamote. A lot of people find her cringe and akward and just dislike the show in general. But for me this anime was special. Even tough all the situations she's in are ridiculous, I still relate to her and sometimes even to this day.

Just like her I stupidely thought things would change and be better just because I changed school. Worst thing in school was the loneliness, for a long long time I would only be noticed by bullies. I would often isolate myself upstairs to not be found. Worst thing than feeling alone is feeling alone in a crowded place. I was ashamed and didn't want to be seen. The scene when Tomoko is just alone by herself eating her bento in the classroom waiting for someone to notice her just crushed me. Just like her, I have sometimes anxiety and trouble speaking up and expressing myself. I'd sometimes imagine stupid scenario in my head where people would notice me. That's the stupid same paradox I was in, I wanted to make friends but at the same time I wasn't able to speak to anyone. For most of my time in school, I felt like trash. Just like in the ending song, I'd often just ask myself ... am I retarded ? what's wrong with me ? why can't function like everyone else ? it just seems so easy but it isn't for me ...

What's worse is that some things just haven't changed. I'm just as akward and stupid as I was before. And I fooled myself once again thinking things would be better in a new school. I'm in University now and I've never felt so dumb and disconnected from others. And the quarantine didn't help. I'm just stuck at home now, waiting to fail the year because I'm too dumb to fucking concentrate and study behind a stupid computer.

I feel you my dude, I love WataMote so much.

Stay strong and don't give up anon, it gets better.

You don't need friends if you can learn to love yourself and focus on yourself instead of trying to form shallow connections with shallow people, that's what I do.
cunnysseur
Jan 31, 2021 1:53 PM
Laika Moonlight

Dec 2020
Gentle Criminal from My Hero Academia. Honestly I think he's probably the best written villain so far (I'm anime only) Plus his relationship with La Brava, his "YouTube" channel, his love of tea and his backstory are all really interesting character traits

Plus his Quirk was pretty cool IMO
My greatest contribution to this website:
Jan 31, 2021 1:56 PM

Apr 2020
Tasel said:
SupChoco said:

I feel you my dude, I love WataMote so much.

Stay strong and don't give up anon, it gets better.

You don't need friends if you can learn to love yourself and focus on yourself instead of trying to form shallow connections with shallow people, that's what I do.

Thanks man. \(^w^)/ I appreciate it.

Had a lot of self doubt lately, often feel lost and started thinking if I made the right choice of studies. Already failed most of my January exams wich is kinda new for me since I was a good student. I think it's mostly because a current situation we're all in. The stress of the first year of Uni multiplied by the quarantine just fucked me up really bad this year.
Jan 31, 2021 1:57 PM
May 2016
Gabi from attack on titan, I wouldn't say she's a favorite, but I like her character and her arc
Jan 31, 2021 2:01 PM
May 2019
Orochimaru from Naruto..Well i don't really know if they hate him, but he seems creepy to people for sure.
Jan 31, 2021 9:52 PM

Jul 2013
Mineta... No question. Tbh he's one of the few characters I genuinely liked besides Todoroki in MHA.

Mar 19, 2022 1:18 PM
Jun 2020
shozee said:
I honestly think that Levi gets too much hate, I don't understand why everyone hates him.. I feel like I'm the only one who loves his character and that doesn't make any sense. He has beautiful purple balls on his head and a super cute hero outfit!! And he's super good at killing titans?? That's pretty much the perfect man. And NO ONE likes him.. for what? Like yeah he's short and annoying, but he's also really good at cleaning! Levi stans where u at

Are you talking about Levi and Mineta as if they were one person?
Mar 19, 2022 8:38 PM

Oct 2021
Katsuki Bakugo - Everyone hates him for being a bully, but his character development in the manga (one of the few anime/manga character developments that I like) made me like him. He is one of the very few characters that everyone hates and is my favourite character.

Agatsuma Zenitsu - Everyone hates him because he screams a lot which made him annoying and that's what I like about him. I like him, but he's not one of my favourites.

Rudeus Greyrat - Everyone hates him for being too overtly perverted and accused of being a "pedo". I have a high tolerance for perverted characters. I like him, but he's not one of my favourites.
Jan 24, 2023 6:08 AM
Oct 2021
Zenitsu, why everyone hating on him?! He has the best character development in the manga. He's only annoying for a while. He's way better than shitty Bakugou
Levi, i hear alot of people badmouthing him in MAL, I'm not like over obsessed with him, just find him cool. Luffy too, he's funny and cool
Nami, she's a decent shonen girl, don't know why people hate her just for her money obsession
Touka Kirishima, pls, she's awesome
Jan 24, 2023 6:10 AM

Feb 2020
Mio Honda from The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls.

Matsuri Mizusawa from Citrus.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 4 hours ago

20 by tchitchouan »»
31 seconds ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 3 hours ago

5 by tchitchouan »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 6 hours ago

26 by Catalano »»
11 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Yesterday

22 by deg »»
12 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 1 hour ago

12 by zoeanime13 »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.