Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2020 5:43 AM

May 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What an interesting chapter. Due to the historical nature and Japanese terms used throughout this manga and Koike's other works that I've read, I've done a lot of research on my own to learn more about the subject matter. I couldn't find anything about these Asaji women that help female prisoners. I was also wondering why they dig a hole next to the person being executed. I guess it's for the blood to drain into as it squirts out after the person is decapitated. Makes sense. It's a means of being clean, which is also why they wash the decapitated head.
This chapter focused on an Asaji woman and showed some of her backstory. Even for being a one chapter character, she was written very well into this manga. As an Asaji, she lives as a lesser human. It's her duty to take care of female prisoners. Eventually a man she knew was brought to the prison she works at, which is what she's been waiting for the entire time she's been there. The man she knew was responsible for killing her husband on their wedding day and kidnapping her. She was sold to brothels and essentially used as his slave. Eventually she is able to get away from that life and makes her way to work at the prison. She begs Yamada Asaemon to allow her to wash the man's head after his execution. Yamada agrees after hearing her story, but he tells her not to do it out of hate. When the man is about to be decapitated, he recognizes her and begins to lash out in anger because he doesn't want her to wash his head, but in the end, she gets the last laugh. As she's washing his head, Yamada is watching her and can see that she's having feelings of hate, but also love. After getting her "revenge", she commits suicide and is now able to rest peacefully. Great chapter.
Oct 27, 2023 12:57 PM

Mar 2023
So intense. Nice.
e

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Executioner Chapter 8 Discussion

Beatnik - May 26, 2008

4 by Katakiki »»
Oct 27, 2023 12:58 PM

Poll: » Samurai Executioner Chapter 7 Discussion

LiarK - Jan 26, 2010

3 by Katakiki »»
Oct 27, 2023 12:58 PM

Poll: » Kubikiri Asa Chapter 6 Discussion

zomik - May 6, 2020

2 by Katakiki »»
Oct 27, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Samurai Executioner Chapter 4 Discussion

Beatnik - May 25, 2008

4 by Katakiki »»
Oct 27, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Kubikiri Asa Chapter 3 Discussion

zomik - Apr 22, 2020

3 by Katakiki »»
Oct 27, 2023 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.