Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 8, 2020 5:07 PM

May 2015
Like seriously! I was gonna happily read the manga after starting the anime but Im on episode 9 and it had such a sudden shift that I dont even know what this is anymore!! Suddenly a happy, wholesome slice of life anime has turned into a WW2 drama out of nowhere over one little world building thing that was just mentioned throughout the anime subtly. Cause if they continue this they've ruined the series for me so I want to know if the manga is much different.

Please tell me its just like a one time thing and they go back to the good stuff afterwards.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 21, 2020 11:27 PM

Nov 2015
The quick answer is no.

The long answer is that things get much weirder, although there's still more SoL than weirdness...but...if you can't/won't roll with what this series will throw your way then it's best to give up.

I love it and am up-to-date (chapter 140ish) but it's a very niche manga. Nobody would criticize someone for finding that the manga is not to their taste.
Apr 23, 2020 3:51 AM

May 2015
delta5 said:
The quick answer is no.

The long answer is that things get much weirder, although there's still more SoL than weirdness...but...if you can't/won't roll with what this series will throw your way then it's best to give up.

I love it and am up-to-date (chapter 140ish) but it's a very niche manga. Nobody would criticize someone for finding that the manga is not to their taste.

Ok. Thanks you letting me know.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 24, 2021 1:28 PM

Feb 2016
There are definitely times where I skip a chapter because it's about the weird b-plot regarding the embassy or the government. I don't know about the digital versions or the Japanese versions, but the physical English versions are packed in every possible free space (like the inside covers) with *paragraphs and paragraphs* of the history of the creatures and the land. I honestly don't even read most of it, I find it boring.

There were a few plots that I did like, like the ancient horse girl and the ancient tiger girl growing up together only to end up in a museum side by side. And I find most of the occult related stuff and Antarctican plots interesting. Everything else I just skip. Some of those chapters are pointless, in my opinion. I haven't seen the anime, but I'm curious if they even gave those subplots many scenes like you said.
Jul 8, 2022 5:35 AM

Nov 2013
i enjoy every chapter that have one of the girls in it (not just the mains, it could be the mermaids or that other school) and skip everything that has giant toads/snakes/etc on it lol

but yes, there's a point where those chapters are almost half of the manga, which is annoying :D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 10, 2022 6:16 PM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
I like the political/historical chapters, It's a great balance from the more generic SOL stuff, and even then, the slice of life stuff is quite good on it's own.

Your whole opinion will depend whetever you like those chapters, since those are the ones that get the plot going
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

Jul 24, 2023 3:28 PM
May 2009
I'm up to current as of this date and stopped by to see if anyone was talking about whatever the hell this has become.
It switches rapidly from slice of life, to historical documentary, to furry Apocalypse Now, to some random isekai (for a volume), to mad scientists who are on to some space mushroom wars that slides right into Invasions of the Body Snatcher: Chill Edition.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Chapter 42 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2014

6 by abystoma2 »»
May 2, 2022 11:09 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Chapter 43 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2014

4 by winddevil1 »»
Oct 30, 2019 4:46 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Chapter 39 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2014

3 by winddevil1 »»
Oct 26, 2019 5:33 PM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Chapter 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2013

3 by winddevil1 »»
Oct 15, 2019 4:35 PM

» This series can pretty much run on cliche's!

vansonbee - Oct 15, 2012

2 by ChildishFaust »»
Jul 20, 2019 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.