Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 15, 2023 2:36 AM

Feb 2021
What a beautiful ending. I am so happy for my boys!
Jul 15, 2023 5:10 AM

Nov 2014
Not a fan of the ending. Also I rarely read romance manga so I have to say the artwork really surprised me so well drawn, really impressed. I've noticed Shoujo manga which usually is a romance looks often mediocre but this having just the Romance tag was surprisingly well fkin drawn, probably unrelated tho. Hands down Kaito-sensei

Wholesome, great character design, decent story. What I didn't like were sometimes those ideological almost a preachy dialogues that shit kinda annoyed me and broke the investment string lot of the time. I don't know I get that they were necessary given the topics such as gender identity, acceptance, self-hatred, social norms and stuff but there were good ones that perfectly fit and some that didn't which felt artificial like out of place.

8/10 but ending 3/10

Also Masumi best grille and they did her dirty.
RizzlahJul 16, 2023 12:06 PM
Jul 18, 2023 8:36 PM

Aug 2021
The ending is a whirpool of emotions. I can see certain issues people may have with it (particularly Masumi's ending, which I still think is fine), but I only care about one thing: Touma got his happiest ending. That's all I care about. Incredible.
Aug 26, 2023 12:13 PM
Jan 2021
I didn't realize we were seeing tomas perpspective i was so confused for 30 seconds but oh my goDDDDDDDDDD
Aug 30, 2023 5:32 PM
Feb 2021
The ending was a huge disappointment for a manga I did really enjoy probably brining something t what could of been a decent 8 to a mediocre 7.

I think everyone agrees the ending was massively rushed to a point where I genuinely I couldn’t believe the way it ended.

Where the manga ended I didn’t have massive problems with but I did feel like from how the whole manga has been building it wasn’t going to end like that.

But I think everyone can agree the main issue is the lack of explanations, the mangaka just done multiple volumes worth of development in about a 30 page chapter. Why did Taichi and Futuba break up? What changed Taichis mind? What happened to Masumi? So many questions left unanswered.
Oct 9, 2023 1:57 PM
May 2019
I had heard that people hated the final chapters but had avoided any spoilers so i was pleasantly surprised when i thought it was quite alright. The only thing i have a real issue with is Masumi ending up with a man. imo she was clearly written as a lesbian not as a bi woman not having realized it yet. Overall im kinda iffy how Masumi was treated like with her never being on a cover. I think Taichi and Futaba mutually breaking up and still ending up happy was nice and tied into the mangas themes well tho
Oct 10, 2023 5:08 AM

Mar 2020
I am replying a bit late since I finished the manga a while back
But I think people kind of miss the message... The author really goes far in portraying the message that life is a series of choices and what goes on etc isnt visible. Or we are here for entertainment when we involve in someone else s drama etc. Not to mention the choice some people make would be senseless to some. I also felt like he was breaking the fourth wall during this time period. We were the audience who were supposed to react to this sudden twist... which is senseless till we get the entire context. HOWEVER thats the thing... Do we always need to make sense of the choices people make personally? When we have our lives to focus on? And I also like how it shows that time heals stuff... and the future is unpredictable and for that reason we might have to take it a little easy... Since while it doesnt make sense, things might take a good turn later on...The ending is abrupt... a choice and well while it could have been executed better, i think thematically its awesome tbh. Since the author really potrayed the theme in a very bold manner. For which I always consider this a flawed masterpiece
234MannanOct 10, 2023 5:16 AM
Oct 16, 2023 8:06 PM
Oct 2020
I think overall it's still an overall 8/10 for me with a 5-6/10 ending. I really did enjoy reading it and loved the characters even the side otaku friends that didn't show up much. The ending is certainly not the best. I just wish it was expanded upon a bit more I guess. Felt rushed to me. Like we just went from them I'M IN LOVE on the beach to Oh time skipped they broke up, this is the ending for each character, etc. So I wish it wasn't so abrupt I guess? Also so much between MC and girl and then declare best friend and then all that is just undone in a time skip? I get people change like how Masumi ended up with a guy and I totally accept that but still the ending was done poorly in my opinion.
Still, I really loved the dialogue of some parts.
RexnihiloOct 16, 2023 8:10 PM
Nov 9, 2023 3:27 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to Rarity
What a confusing ending. Taichi and Touma ending up together is certainly a bold direction for a shounen manga to take, but it would have made more sense if it, I don't know, had some actual development? Instead of happening at literally the very last second. Futaba and Taichi breaking up made perfect sense to me, as they never really had much chemistry, but all the hints throughout the manga that Taichi could possibly like Touma in that way were so vague it could easily be written off as friendship.

Masumi being married to a man doesn't sit right with me. This is not a character who was written as bisexual, we saw her struggles as a teen when she admitted that she can't love any of her boyfriends. Why include such a detail if she was intended to end up with a guy? At least she's happy with her husband instead of using him as a beard.

Overall I appreciate what they were trying to do here, especially how they made Tai and Touma's marriage explicit with the rings and Touma's surname being Ichinose now, even if it came totally out of left field. The manga always seemed to be building to a climax it never quite delivered on, and the whole last arc was kind of a mess. If only they'd cut out a few of those pointless chapters after the confession where every side character got to voice their irrelevant opinion on the situation, and used them to further develop the main four.
@Rarity thank you for voicing what I felt from reading this ending, I loved the manga as whole, but this conclusion had me doubting my feelings for the work.
Nov 13, 2023 9:32 AM
Mar 2021
Shit timeskip ending honestly. I agree with anyone saying that this is a complete character assassination. This is coming from Touma x Taichi shipper
Jan 4, 11:59 AM
Nov 2011
wtf then why show he chose futaba then and in the last chapter pull a domestic girlfriend out of nowhere and go for touma. Should have just had them get together in the last few chapters than in last chapter. Man that ending kind of soured it for me.

I liked where it was going but I hate endings that just change course at the last minute. 2.5/5
Feb 16, 4:14 PM

Jul 2017
this ending really hurt me, and i think this is the exact emotion that the author wanted to cause in the readers.
i think that the central themes of this manga are ''the possibility, the choices, the unpredictability of the future'' and seeing toma and taichi married completely confirmed this, even because during the story there were subtle hints of an unconscious attraction for taichi towards toma.
seeing Futaba married really hurts but it's ok thinking that she also had a life outside the highschool part of the manga and made her own choices that led her to that point.
in my opinion everything is clear if you read carefully the panel where toma and taichi are watching the poster of that horror movie they watched years prior and criticize the characters for making weird choices, saying that people could say the same thing about them too.
overall i LOVED this manga, absolutely one of my favorites, and even if the ending is controversial and i would've preferred to see taichi and futaba together, i think it fits perfectly.

A 9.5/10 for me
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Feb 19, 7:31 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Neemesis_2
this ending really hurt me, and i think this is the exact emotion that the author wanted to cause in the readers.
i think that the central themes of this manga are ''the possibility, the choices, the unpredictability of the future'' and seeing toma and taichi married completely confirmed this, even because during the story there were subtle hints of an unconscious attraction for taichi towards toma.
seeing Futaba married really hurts but it's ok thinking that she also had a life outside the highschool part of the manga and made her own choices that led her to that point.
in my opinion everything is clear if you read carefully the panel where toma and taichi are watching the poster of that horror movie they watched years prior and criticize the characters for making weird choices, saying that people could say the same thing about them too.
overall i LOVED this manga, absolutely one of my favorites, and even if the ending is controversial and i would've preferred to see taichi and futaba together, i think it fits perfectly.

A 9.5/10 for me
@Neemesis_2, mine too! I like the story and boys so much!! I wish that the anime will be announced soon!!
Feb 19, 7:34 AM

Jul 2017
Memore said:
@Neemesis_2, mine too! I like the story and boys so much!! I wish that the anime will be announced soon!!

i have a strong feeling that they will announce the anime adaptation very soon.
We can only hope.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Feb 19, 7:51 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Neemesis_2
Memore said:

i have a strong feeling that they will announce the anime adaptation very soon.
We can only hope.
@Neemesis_2, I hope for it! I like our boys so much!!
Mar 26, 4:04 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Elyon_Holic
I just know i won't like this ending, how disappointing

Taichi rejected Touma last chapter I thought that Was the end of it.

and Taichi can't you at least go to your ex's wedding just to show support =="

another manga with a shit ending ><"
@Elyon_Holic his friend’s wedding was on the same day, so it’s pretty normal to chose your friend over an ex you haven’t seen in 5 years
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Flag Chapter 53 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 3, 2020

33 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 16, 12:53 PM

Poll: » Ao no Flag Chapter 52 Discussion

removed-user - Jan 29, 2020

4 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 16, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Ao no Flag Chapter 51 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Dec 17, 2019

7 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 16, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Ao no Flag Chapter 48 Discussion

alejandrina - Sep 10, 2019

12 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 15, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Ao no Flag Chapter 47 Discussion

Dessssy - Aug 13, 2019

10 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 15, 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.