Forum Settings
Forums

More Cast Added for 'Honzuki no Gekokujou' Second Cours

New
Mar 6, 2020 3:55 PM
Jan 2017
The official website of Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen (Ascendance of a Bookworm) added two cast members on Friday who will appear in the second cours as shrine maidens. A new promotional video featuring the opening theme was also released. The second cours will premiere on April 5 at 2:10 a.m. on ABC TV, followed by Tokyo MX and others.

Rosina: Minori Suzuki (Macross Δ)

Wilma: Kiyono Yasuno (Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata)

The opening theme, titled "Tsumujikaze," is performed by Sumire Morohoshi, who also performed the opening theme of the first cours.

On March 24 at 7:00 p.m., Niconico Live will broadcast a special program wherein cast members Yuka Iguchi, Mutsumi Tamura, and Megumi Nakajima (Myne, Lutz, and Turi, respectively) will review the first part of the series.

Honzuki no Gekokujou adapts Miya Kazuki's fantasy slice of life light novel series of the same name. The first cours of the anime began on October 3, 2019 and ran for 14 episodes. Director Mitsuru Hongou and the rest of the staff are returning to work on the second cours at Aji-Do. Crunchyroll simulcast the first season worldwide excluding Asia.

Source: Moca News
vanillaguardMar 6, 2020 8:42 PM
Mar 6, 2020 7:15 PM

May 2017
Looks good hngggh can't wait for it!!
Mar 7, 2020 2:05 AM

Apr 2013

From the new promotional video + the characters announced so far, I'd say we may only get around two volumes adapted in this second part, rather than the full 4 volumes.
That's a way better episode/volume ratio if they do that for sure, but that means the end won't be at the end of an arc this time so that's that~

Mar 7, 2020 2:41 AM
Jul 2018
Yay! Can't wait for 2nd season!

Hopefully Ferdinand will get more screentime this season. And also - Benno-san is back! As well as all the folks from the 1st season. That's a good news.
Mar 7, 2020 3:20 AM
Apr 2016
This is definitely popular with the old and not-so Japanese men who like spending off work time in maid cafes. This is... definitely... dangerous.
Re:formed
Mar 7, 2020 3:40 AM
Jul 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
This is definitely popular with the old and not-so Japanese men who like spending off work time in maid cafes. This is... definitely... dangerous.

Really? I thought mainly women watch this one. I can't get what's in it for the old guys? The [god, forgive me] "loli" MC? I hope that's not the case
Mar 7, 2020 3:47 AM
Apr 2016
ysphyr said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Really? I thought mainly women watch this one. I can't get what's in it for the old guys? The [god, forgive me] "loli" MC? I hope that's not the case

You answered it yourself. Have you never heard of maid cafes with 16 year olds in it sitting on laps of their "masters", who are 60 year old supporters of Nippon Kaigi?
Mar 7, 2020 3:55 AM
Jul 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
ysphyr said:

You answered it yourself. Have you never heard of maid cafes with 16 year olds in it sitting on laps of their "masters", who are 60 year old supporters of Nippon Kaigi?

Wtf? "Sitting on laps"? How is that even legal? Damn, these old creeps need some gulag time to rethink their disgusting ways.
I actually thought the girls in maid cafes just talk to customers and maybe draw ketchup hearts on omurice...
Mar 7, 2020 4:08 AM
Apr 2016
ysphyr said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Wtf? "Sitting on laps"? How is that even legal? Damn, these old creeps need some gulag time to rethink their disgusting ways.
I actually thought the girls in maid cafes just talk to customers and maybe draw ketchup hearts on omurice...

Normally. But as you know, money is a great motivator in circumventing norms and morality. Which is why some of them enjoy this kind of treatment.
Mar 7, 2020 5:05 AM

Nov 2019
Daniel_Naumov said:

What the heck are you talking about?
Mar 7, 2020 5:16 AM
Apr 2016
Supercueca_ said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5435530/japan-sex-obsession-little-girls-clubs-dancers-underage/
Worth a read if you feel like being educated.
Mar 7, 2020 5:17 AM

Nov 2019
Daniel_Naumov said:
Supercueca_ said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5435530/japan-sex-obsession-little-girls-clubs-dancers-underage/

What does that has anything to do with the anime
SupercuecaaaMar 7, 2020 5:22 AM
Mar 7, 2020 5:53 AM

Aug 2015
Can't wait for this. Hope they announce another season once this is done, so we get a full adaption of part 2.
Mar 7, 2020 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
Kami-Koto said:
Can't wait for this. Hope they announce another season once this is done, so we get a full adaption of part 2.

Have you read the original novel/manga? Can you please spoil it for me a bit?
Mar 7, 2020 6:02 AM
Apr 2016
ysphyr said:
Kami-Koto said:

Sick.
Supercueca_ said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

What does that has anything to do with the anime

What does demand have to do with supply?
Mar 7, 2020 6:09 AM

Aug 2015
ysphyr said:
Kami-Koto said:

Mar 7, 2020 6:20 AM
Jul 2018
Kami-Koto said:
ysphyr said:

Thanks!

I was reading the manga, but the translated chapters end right where the 1st season leaves us. Guess I'll try reading a web novel now.

Mar 7, 2020 7:41 AM

Nov 2019
As far as new supporting characters go, Myne needs an SGF before she tries to kill herself again..

Mar 7, 2020 2:36 PM

Aug 2015
ysphyr said:
Kami-Koto said:

Thanks!

I was reading the manga, but the translated chapters end right where the 1st season leaves us. Guess I'll try reading a web novel now.

Just in case you don't know, the manga is separated into parts as well (just like the novel). Each part usually has its own manga entry and part 2 has three chapters scanlated so far.

There are fan translations of the web novel, but they're not finished and from what I've heard at some point there's only machine translated chapters. If you want to read this series till the end, your best bet is the light novel. It will take a few years to finish, but I think the publisher releases a volume about every 2 months.
Mar 21, 2020 12:28 AM
Sep 2017
So, hinami from tokyo ghoul will sing a song in this anime

Great. (her parents and karasuno members must heard her voice)

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

14 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Today, 1:21 AM

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Apr 26

10 by Deoxyribo9 »»
Yesterday, 6:55 AM

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

20 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:23 PM

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - May 9

5 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:21 PM

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 9

2 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.