Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 5, 2020 7:43 AM
Mar 2020
@enjay1 you told all the things that I wanted to tell and if I were that blockhead Nariyuki I would have asked Uruka looong ago. If magnika decided otherwise, I would have hate him to his very bones I mean how many of us are lucky to find a girl who was with you from your zero to hero and accept all your rough edges?? How many girls out there accept you even if you are poor and a bookworm? Forget about asking for your homework it'll be a miracle if they even talk with you I mean how may of the girls out there even notice a guy like Nariyuki if not forcefully made him a tutor??
SithAwzMar 5, 2020 7:52 AM
Mar 6, 2020 9:16 PM
Jun 2019
TLL said:
Generic manga with generic characters and a generic ending, nothing really to see here. Mangaka doesn't know how to write a story, nor how to write proper character development. Wouldn't matter who won; would've felt uninspired anyways.

Nisekoi did it way better.

And at least 5tb had a very interesting story for most of it.

Bokuben was doomed from the start cause Nariyuki might've been the worst written harem mc I've seen in a while.

And can we laugh about how Rizu was such a non-character? I think I can count on one hand the amount of interesting chapters she had.

I don't care to finish the rest of the manga. gg

4/10

Lmao...nisekoi did it better? In fact i just saw the anime, but my fav became Seshirou, before was the blonde girl. But what annoys me in this happening 99% of the time in this mangas where it isnt never defined a main girl that you know it's going to win and the others are just there for comedy and fan-service purposes, so if from the start all the girls are in euqla levels, why they don't get equal opportunities to confess? That's why i dont like this mindset of writing manga...where the others just give up and support the win girl without a fight, when from the start they were pratically even! And this manga was the example of this kind! C'mon, let's be real here...is this some japanese way of life/philosophy or is just rushed writing? Bcz, who the hell have all that altruism in themselves? 99% of people try to the last moment get the person they like...they just dont give their romantic interest served in a plate to a "rival", that's even non-natural if we that it to the evolutionary point of view of human development since our dawn...you know...spread our genes, try win over the competition...
Another thing that annoys me is this "virgin chilvary mentality" in mangas, dude...we're talking about teenagers here...jumping hormones! If i was him, i would get crazy to have 5 hot girls interested in me....yes, i'm a white knight, i would not play the playboy guy, but probably one of them would pick my interest at least! This nariyuki had sooo much opportunities to get attached to five and apart from some blushes, the guy didnt made a move! Neither the girls! That's why this is bullshit! You see, the 3 main girls made like an oath that they woud think about themselves (which in reality is what we do 99% of the times, much more in romantic issues) but they never did anything, excluding Uruka! The senpai, the one who had less problems in "jump" towards naryuki and tease him, even her did anything! And my favorite, Kirisu, she had a plenty of chapters where it looked like it was going to be the choosen one, secondary chars implying that even, like teasing about their "future marriage" and nothing...
Listen, like a said...there's two kind of harem types to me and both are ok to me if well written, so the two types are 1) the generic ones where you have from the beginning a romantic couple who rarely dont stay together and the others girls are there just for the lolz and 2) the type where there's no defined girl from the start and all of them have an opportunity! Which was the way this manga was made, but in the end, they rushed so much the finale,that no other got a chance; each one gave up so easily; the moment when they decide that they would fight for him, they dont!!! Bcz...they gave up bcz the one who had the least progress in the story (althought i even feel that rizu had even less), confessed to him first! I guess that's the main reason why Uruka isnt the most accepted by the readers...my fav was Kirisu...cliche of teacher-student? Sure...but, it wasnt such a clichê plot. Kirisu had a lot of deep characterization to explore like er personality, her thinking that the time to be happy had pass, it could explore the taboo of a older woman to get a younger man, (although zhe probably wasnt in her 30's yet even) and it could match with Nariyuki mature personality too...i think in the end the most cliche girls were kirisu (teacher student) uruka (childhood love) and fuminu (the "i was just a friend, i support his romances but in the end i discovered i loved him clichê), bcz btw this last two, i prefer the childhood love cliche...at least
Vito-kun_PTMar 7, 2020 12:57 PM
Mar 7, 2020 10:37 AM

Aug 2014
Vito-kun_PT said:
TLL said:
Generic manga with generic characters and a generic ending, nothing really to see here. Mangaka doesn't know how to write a story, nor how to write proper character development. Wouldn't matter who won; would've felt uninspired anyways.

Nisekoi did it way better.

And at least 5tb had a very interesting story for most of it.

Bokuben was doomed from the start cause Nariyuki might've been the worst written harem mc I've seen in a while.

And can we laugh about how Rizu was such a non-character? I think I can count on one hand the amount of interesting chapters she had.

I don't care to finish the rest of the manga. gg

4/10

Lmao...nisekoi did ot better? In fact i just saw the anime, but my fav became Seshirou, before was the blonde girl. But what annoys me in
S this happening 99% of the time in this mangas where it isnt never defined a main girl that you know it's going to win and the others are just there for comedy and fan-service purposes. That's why i dont lie this mindset of writing manga...where the others just give up and support the win girl without a fight! And this manga was the example of this kind! C'mon, let's be real here...is this some japanese way of life/philosophy or is just rushed writing? Bcz, who the hell have all that altruism in themselves? 99% of people try to the last moment get the person they like...they just dont give their romantic interest served in a plate to a "rival", that's even non-natural for the evolutionary point of view of human development since our dawn...you know...spread our genes, try win over the competition...
Another thing that annoys me is this "virgin chilvary mentality" in mangas, dude...we're talking about teenagers here...if i was him, i would get crazy to have 5 hot girls interested in me....yes, i'm a white knight, but probably one of them would pick my interest! This nariyuki had sooo much opportunities to get attached to five and taking off some blushes, the guy didnt made a move! Neither the girls! That's why this is bullshit. You see, the 3 main girls made like an oath that they woud think about themselves (which in reality is what we do 99% of the times, much more in romantic issues) but they never did anything, excluding Uruka! The senpai, the one who had less problems in "jump" towards naryuki and tease him, even her did anything! And my favorite, Kirisu, she had a plenty of chapters where it looked like it was going to be the choosen one, secondary chars implying that even, like teasing about their "future marriage" and nothing...
Listen, like a said...there's two kind of harem types to me (the generic ones) where 1) you have from the beginning a romantic couple who rarely dont stay together and the others girls are tere just for the lolz and 2) the type where there's no defined girl from the start and all of them have an opportunity! Which was the way this manga was made, but in the end, they rushed so much the finale,that no other got a chance; each one gave up so easily; the moment when they decide that they would fight for him, they dont!!! Bcz...they gave up bcz the one who had the least progress in the story (althought i even feel that rizu had even less), confess to him first! I guess that's the main reason why Uruka isnt the most accepted by the readers...my fav was Kirisu...cliche of teacher-student? Sure...but, it wasnt such a clichê plot. Kirisu had a lot of deep characterization to explore like er personality, her thinking that the time to be happy had pass, it could explore the taboo of a older woman to get a younger man, (although he probably wasnt in her 30's yet even) and it could match woth Nariyuki mature personality too...i think in the end the most cliche girls were kirisu (teacher student) uruka (childhood love) and fuminu (the "i was just a friend, i support his romances but in the end i discovered i loved him clichê), bcz this last two, i prefer the childhood cliche...

Yeah what you described is a big reason why I don't usually like most of these type of manga... The mangaka can't seem to make it believable that a certain girl wins. Bokuben did a horrible job at selling us on uruka, and same with 5tb selling us on yotsuba, to the point they both basically felt shoehorned.

I said Nisekoi did it better in the sense that I could actually get behind Chitoge being the end girl, cause I guess the mangaka sold it better. Not gonna lie, I read it back in 2016 so it's been a long time so I could kind of be talking out of my ass.

And like I said, Nariyuki was a huge pussy throughout the entire manga so it was really tough to read most of the chapters. Simply bad writing all around.
Mar 7, 2020 1:52 PM
Jun 2019
[quote=TLL message=59289482][quote=Vito-kun_PT message=59284934]
TLL said:

Yeah what you described is a big reason why I don't usually like most of these type of manga... The mangaka can't seem to make it believable that a certain girl wins. Bokuben did a horrible job at selling us on uruka, and same with 5tb selling us on yotsuba, to the point they both basically felt shoehorned.

I said Nisekoi did it better in the sense that I could actually get behind Chitoge being the end girl, cause I guess the mangaka sold it better. Not gonna lie, I read it back in 2016 so it's been a long time so I could kind of be talking out of my ass.

And like I said, Nariyuki was a huge pussy throughout the entire manga so it was really tough to read most of the chapters. Simply bad writing all around.

Before all i must said that i edited the comment, i fix some spelling erros due the fact i was writing in the cellphone! xD

Ok, so, i will highlight one factor that i said before, the problem with Uruka not being well accepted is because that the plot didn't made sense. So many questions arises, like:
1) If the 3 main girls made an oath that they would think in themselves, why they accepted so easily their defeat just bcz Uruka confessed first?
2) They even knew how Naryuki felt towards Uruka? If not why not make the fucking move and confess to if they now were "each one for themselves"?
3) I don't think Kirisu and Asumi have been "notified" about Uruka's confession. Again, why not make a freaking move if all of them resolved that they were going to fight for their hapiness?!

The reason why people are pissed if bcz Uruka was the one with less development, or at least, the plot went from a point where pretty all of them were irrelevant and the other 4 were the only ones with more development/changes to get him/woke in him love/sexual interest, much more with Kirisu...all that intimacy in he locker room. xD And then bam! Here Uruka for you from a sudden. Not saying that she didnt deserve it, but, if this was the harem type with non-defined win girl from the beginning and the others just for the comedy/fan service moments, then, if all had similar odds from the start, why waste their potencial? That's the question.
Jul 14, 2020 2:33 AM
May 2009
I clapped. Perfection.
Mar 1, 2023 5:48 AM

Mar 2021
Wow. Reading the replies in these threads made me realise how dumb some manga and anime fans are
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 24 Discussion

animefan8800 - Jul 24, 2017

15 by Celestialshard »»
Mar 2, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 187 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MegamiRem - Dec 18, 2020

71 by DavidM_27 »»
Apr 23, 2023 12:44 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 176 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

21 by _Zanga »»
Mar 3, 2023 4:31 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 44 Discussion

animefan8800 - Dec 24, 2017

9 by T0PP4 »»
Mar 2, 2023 4:55 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Chapter 150 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Mar 5, 2020

114 by _Zanga »»
Mar 1, 2023 5:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.