Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 6, 2021 11:27 AM
Nov 2020
I need season 2. Maybe like kaguya sama.
Jan 16, 2022 7:08 AM
Jan 2022
overall I like it, but a little annoyed with the characterization. Yukimura could easily hug Kanade without thinking about the possibility that it was immoral (based on the mother hug experiment). On the other hand he was so ashamed of being labeled a 'pervert' when dealing with Himuro. Hey, could it be that Kotonoha-san is considered a real gorilla by him?
Feb 13, 2022 10:35 PM

Aug 2017
Skipped from ep 2 to 12 to finish this one. Main girl is kind of hot and appealing, otherwise didn't find anything to like here.
Mar 1, 2022 3:01 PM

Sep 2021
NO HELIKOPTER HHELIKOPTER !!!!!!!!
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Apr 6, 2022 6:25 AM

Dec 2020
WHAT A WAYYY TO RECONCILE LOL. at first i thought it was ridiculous, they i cringed, but when yukimura hinted of a kiss i was just Amazed. DAMN BRO. SMOOTH AS HELL. throughout the ep i was making fun of how he's carrying his suitcase everywhere but all was planned. i underestimated the science man o7

god that drama was just so bad but i think we all know this show isn't far from being ridiculous. i really enjoyed it tho!
May 16, 2022 12:48 PM

May 2020
A predictable yet sweet finale, atleast they kissed up at last this time around, and lol mood level peaked up with the highest theoretical value. Fun characters all around, but I guess I liked Kanade the most, and for everything that mangaka did, glad Ibarada made her pay down to the very last penny.

Proving love with science may sound a bit absurd, but this series did a decent enough job to atleast have us watchers feel what will it be like if someone actually tried lol. Fine and entertaining series overall, and now onto the second season.
6/10.
Jun 20, 2022 8:19 PM
Feb 2020
Good finale to a somewhat lacklustre anime series. I love the science (and economics too) behind each scene, but the artificial drama at the end dampened my enjoyment. Well, I guess what's more important is the destination, not the journey.
I hope Season 2 won't have any more bs like Episode 10 and 11.
Jul 12, 2022 8:45 AM

Jan 2020
Despite one of the most toxic anime characters I may have ever seen, Yamamoto, looks like things ended pretty well. I can see where she's coming from, but she also seems to have no other characteristics, so it's hard to not hate her. Maybe the next season will flesh her out a bit.

All-in-all this was a pretty cute series. It was a slow start and I wanted it to be a big hit out of the gate, but I think it got better with each episode. This finale was probably my favorite of the season. I think the interactions with Yukimura and Himuro were well done, they pulled a fast one with the rolling credits too soon just to cut them off-gag, and I think the playful bickering post-kiss; between Yukimura struggling to carry her and the criticisms were cute.

I'm somewhat torn about the rating since the first few episodes dragged, but at the same time I really did enjoy it as a whole. Either way, I have high hopes for the next season.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 8, 2022 10:12 PM
Jun 2021
Overall show was fun and good... Except last 2 episodes.. that cringey and lame plot was showkiller..
Better skip ep 11 and half of ep12.
DynamicGuy
Sep 9, 2022 1:32 AM
Apr 2022
Awesome, a science fellow like me loved it.
Sep 16, 2022 10:03 AM

Jul 2019
Kosuke looked for Himuro in a trashcan. Brilliant!

I'm always amazed when they actually kiss in anime. I thought this would end more or less anti-climactic without any hug or anything but they actually kissed. Good for them! I love how both Yukimura and Himuro wanted more but decided to mask it with "it was flawed and needs more research!".

8/10
Nov 27, 2022 10:53 AM

Aug 2018
Well.. To be honest.. Himuro should learn to deal with something not going the way she planned.. And it was just present breaking in this case.. I think she can learn from this to control her own emotions.. But of course it's not only sunshines as well, of course.. Creating stressful situation for her is still putting her into one.. With time such experiments became considered to be less and less ethical.. Some time ago even making people prisoners experiments were allowed.. Like some random example.. Nowadays putting test subjects through stress can easily not get you through ethics.. Is it for the better or worse - I have no idea.. Only time will tell, current norms exist like 50 years at best, probably.. Experiment with prisoners I mention is literally in the 90s.. And even now.. Some not ethical stuff done as well, in case of pandemic, for example, with testing things on people, and putting them in stressful situations all around, but it's for greater good, right?.. In the end, no universal answers here, probably.. I myself don't think that Arika did right or wrong.. It probably is both something bad and good for everyone involved, and for Himuro specifically.. Show is probably making it more safe for itself and making Arika as if more a villain of the story.. Though, painting her like 70% so, and 30% being some more things said, like her not actually breaking the glasses case..
Also kind of ironic, how show tells about villain being needed in the story.. It's kind of ironic, because I feel that maybe Arika was introduced exactly for this reason.. To literally add some villain.. And I think that this show certainly would become boring sooner.. If all they'd do is just have experiments all the time.. Added conflict even before Arika's actions.. The show itself knows that it adds this negative things to the story.. To make it even more enjoyable..
It's not about manga, though.. It's about forcing Himuro to grow.. This is more questionable and interesting point of the whole ordeal right here, I think.. I don't think show should or should not tackle it from this angle, though.. It kind of hints about it more.. With Himuro admitting she's being a mess.. But it's also alright to be a mess in these situations as well, at times.. So growth is also questionable concept in itself, of course.. At the end of the day, it is stimulating for thought, and that's what is the best here, I think..
It seems in the end everything was resolved by the power of both Himuro and Yukimura.. They both did their thing to resolve the situation..
Overall, series could push even further with some of the points it touched.. But overall, it was unique enough already, going even further could make it too niche for people not into that.. To look from things from scientific perspectives.. It was an interesting anime..
Dec 2, 2022 2:24 PM
Dec 2022
bacán! Si me gustó
Jan 11, 2023 11:31 AM

Apr 2013
Well that was not as bad as I thought it would be. The ending was actually kinda cute, despite all that drama in the last episode.

Show started off very strong, but then got gradually a bit more boring as it progressed. When Yamamoto got introduced, it definitely lost a lot of enjoyment. Still was a good show and I'll definitely watch the second season. 7/10
Apr 15, 2023 10:27 AM

Aug 2019
this was a very funny series but its not really something you should watch if you are looking for romance as there is very little of it and even when there is some romance its immediatly followed by a science joke. i will not watch the 2nd season. at least for now.

ibarada was the best character and the manga artist was the worst.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2023 8:14 AM

Dec 2022
Wasn't great, wasn't bad. Some of the over the top scenes made me wretch a little in this episode, as they wee bit corny.
Sep 23, 2023 7:41 PM

Jun 2023
sorry I'm late to the party, the equation engraved in the glasses case was (x²+y²−1)³ = x²y³. if you draw the graph it will form a heart shape <3
Feb 5, 9:25 PM

Apr 2021
This episode was good, it was actually funny and exciting xD. Only the teddy bear didn't show up. In the calculations, the culprit is discovered.
This season was good. 7/10
Apr 18, 12:59 PM

Dec 2022
Unfortunately, I found this dull. It had no grasp of how to establish the mood of any given scene, unimpressive lighting, and two characters who can only communicate through a contrived, overly analytical lens that makes them seem like mock parodies of their profession. The interactions between the side characters were, ironically, much more engaging than those between the main couple.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

uninstallthegame - Jan 13, 2020

56 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 21, 6:20 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 12, 6:04 PM

» Should I?

Jai_akash - Jan 6

12 by MK17_2 »»
Jan 8, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 9 Discussion

49 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 5, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

54 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 20, 2023 7:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.