Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2020 10:10 AM

Mar 2016
Gythia said:
A humanoid God counts as non-human right?

Yes, if it's apparent that he's not a normal human, it's fine.

This manga has both Japanese and non-Japanese MC, can I still use it for "#54. Read a manga with a non-Japanese main character that takes place in the real world."

Yeah, that works.
Jan 31, 2020 5:32 PM

Feb 2019
I'd like some recommendations for #87. I like romance but other genres are fine as well! :D
Jan 31, 2020 7:35 PM

Feb 2018
Bee__ said:
I'd like some recommendations for #87. I like romance but other genres are fine as well! :D

Okay, ummm
Read Kenrantaru Grande Scène

It's pretty damn wonderful
Feb 1, 2020 8:16 AM

Mar 2017
Bee__ said:

A couple of romance manga I liked were Bonnouji and Dengeki Daisy.
Feb 5, 2020 2:43 AM

Feb 2011
#87. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.

Hi, could someone recommend me a good slice of life (not 4-koma please) ? :)
Feb 5, 2020 3:52 AM
Jul 2018
Ikare said:
#87. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.

Bonnouji
Chikan Otoko
Hoshi Mamoru Inu
Feb 5, 2020 4:33 AM

Mar 2016
Ikare said:

Futari no Renai Shoka
Haru Niwa
Ne Ne Ne
Ritou no Umi
Feb 5, 2020 6:13 AM

Feb 2011
Gythia said:
Ikare said:

Bonnouji
Chikan Otoko
Hoshi Mamoru Inu
Schlopsi said:
Ikare said:

Futari no Renai Shoka
Haru Niwa
Ne Ne Ne
Ritou no Umi

Thank you both, they all look interesting. I think i'll start with Hoshi Mamoru Inu but i'll read all of them ^^
Feb 5, 2020 7:37 PM

Mar 2014
Might be a stupid question but for #58. Read a manga with a listed cast of 8 or more people.
Does it just mean 8 or more characters? Not main or anything?
Feb 5, 2020 7:42 PM

Mar 2016
Shuichi2 said:
Might be a stupid question but for #58. Read a manga with a listed cast of 8 or more people.

Yes, they can be main and/or side characters. It doesn't matter as long as there are 8 or more characters listed.
Feb 5, 2020 7:50 PM

Mar 2014
Schlopsi said:
Shuichi2 said:

Yes, they can be main and/or side characters. It doesn't matter as long as there are 8 or more characters listed.

Awesome, thanks.
Feb 6, 2020 8:54 PM

Feb 2019
BrainpanSonata said:
Bee__ said:

A couple of romance manga I liked were Bonnouji and Dengeki Daisy.
The-Mighty-Ranzo said:
Bee__ said:

Okay, ummm
Read Kenrantaru Grande Scène

It's pretty damn wonderful

Thank you both! I plan on reading all of these when I have the time!
Feb 7, 2020 2:13 AM

Sep 2013
I've been reading manga all year, but I just signed up for the 2020 challenge. Can I still use the stuff I read as far back as January 1st? Or can I only count things I read from February 7 (my sign up date) on.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 7, 2020 3:26 AM

Mar 2016
Talon184 said:
I've been reading manga all year, but I just signed up for the 2020 challenge. Can I still use the stuff I read as far back as January 1st? Or can I only count things I read from February 7 (my sign up date) on.

Hey! You can use anything you've started since Jan 1st. Your sign-up date will be the date of the first manga you've read this year.
Feb 14, 2020 6:44 AM

Mar 2016
How is everyone doing? Has anyone discovered hidden manga gems doing the challenge yet?
I'm down for some random recommendations.
Feb 14, 2020 8:45 AM

Mar 2017
Schlopsi said:
How is everyone doing? Has anyone discovered hidden manga gems doing the challenge yet?
I'm down for some random recommendations.

Eagle was fantastic, and Kakei no Alice renewed my appreciation for Yuki Kaori. Wolfsmund was great, too, but you already knew that. ;)
Feb 14, 2020 9:16 AM

Mar 2016
@Gythia (still replying to your post - hope you're okay with it ;)) They look lovely. The first or second one that was still ongoing - love the cover on that one already. Hope it keeps up with the rest, too! Taishou Otome Otogibanashi went straight to my list.
BrainpanSonata said:
Eagle was fantastic, and Kakei no Alice renewed my appreciation for Yuki Kaori. Wolfsmund was great, too, but you already knew that. ;)

Dang, always appreciating your input, Sonata. Eagle looks interesting to say the least. Might get around it later (had too much time invested in politics lately, lol). Is it rather fast paced? Or a slow cooker?
Kakei no Alice completely went by me, will look into that one. Haven't read much from Yuki Kaori besides the short "Die", which was rather okay. Still want to check out Ludwig Kakumei, God Child and Iiki no Ki by her.
Glad you enjoyed Wolfsmund. It was pretty fun, having the sage of Wilhelm Tell told this way.
Feb 14, 2020 10:00 AM

Mar 2017
Schlopsi said:
Dang, always appreciating your input, Sonata. Eagle looks interesting to say the least. Might get around it later (had too much time invested in politics lately, lol). Is it rather fast paced? Or a slow cooker?

On the slow cooker side, in that it doesn't gloss over a long process that the plot entails, but it's a gripping read. Describing it in just a sentence, it's the spiritual sequel to the movie Primary Colors.
Feb 15, 2020 12:09 AM

Mar 2013
I'm looking for a recommendation for #87. I'm looking for any manga that's BL or LGBT.
Also for #86 is it ok if I read manga that's recommended on manga updates instead? I've already read all the manga recommended to me from my favorite on MAL.
Feb 15, 2020 4:52 AM
šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

Jan 2020
EION said:
I'm looking for a recommendation for #87. I'm looking for any manga that's BL or LGBT.
Also for #86 is it ok if I read manga that's recommended on manga updates instead? I've already read all the manga recommended to me from my favorite on MAL.

Wow, you really are an authority on BL manga from the looks of your list - you've read an impressive amount! As someone who is absolutely brand new to BL/yaoi manga it seems a bit odd that I would be recommending you something (it should be the other way round!) but I noticed that you haven't read:

Tadatada Suki to Iu dake de
Fuck Buddy

I'm not sure what your tastes are necessarily when it comes to manga but I enjoyed them and they are both really short, cute and imo pretty hot (smut level is fairly high). Also, I can see from your list that (like me) you're a fan of consent and they're both fully consensual, which as I'm sure you know, can be rare in this genre!
HendyFeb 15, 2020 4:57 AM

šŸ”„ šŸ”„ šŸ”„ . é˜æč‰Æ怅ęœØ ꚦ, 傷 ē‰© čŖž . šŸ”„ šŸ”„ šŸ”„
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Feb 15, 2020 10:13 AM

Apr 2013
EION said:
Just to be clear, this item means "recommended to any of your favorite manga listed on profile", not just one.
If that's the case, then you can read recs from mangaupdates. :)
Feb 15, 2020 12:33 PM

Mar 2016
EION said:

Adding to Henry's comment: Please leave a note somewhere on your form referring to MU, otherwise we'd be looking for the rec in vain ^^"

Additional recs:
Boys Love
Hakidame to Tsuru
Life: Senjou no Bokura
Yume no Kodomo
Feb 15, 2020 1:47 PM

Mar 2013
horridhendy said:
EION said:

Wow, you really are an authority on BL manga from the looks of your list - you've read an impressive amount! As someone who is absolutely brand new to BL/yaoi manga it seems a bit odd that I would be recommending you something (it should be the other way round!) but I noticed that you haven't read:

Tadatada Suki to Iu dake de
Fuck Buddy

I'm not sure what your tastes are necessarily when it comes to manga but I enjoyed them and they are both really short, cute and imo pretty hot (smut level is fairly high). Also, I can see from your list that (like me) you're a fan of consent and they're both fully consensual, which as I'm sure you know, can be rare in this genre!
Schlopsi said:
EION said:

Adding to Henry's comment: Please leave a note somewhere on your form referring to MU, otherwise we'd be looking for the rec in vain ^^"

Additional recs:
Boys Love
Hakidame to Tsuru
Life: Senjou no Bokura
Yume no Kodomo

Thank you! I will read all of these!!
Feb 19, 2020 6:54 AM
Jul 2018
My turn to ask for recommendations for #87. I'm fine with anything, just make sure it's not too long

Thanks in advance
Feb 19, 2020 7:16 AM

Jul 2017
Gythia said:
My turn to ask for recommendations for #87. I'm fine with anything, just make sure it's not too long

Thanks in advance

Basilisk [34 chapters]
Coffee Jikan [17 chapters]
Franken Fran [71 chapters]
Grashros [47 chapters]
Happiness [50 chapters and in your ptr]

Just some (short) random ones. ¯\_(惄)_/¯

Btw, if I could get some recs too that would be great.
ArmandorielFeb 19, 2020 10:40 AM
Feb 20, 2020 7:42 AM

Dec 2015
Anyone fancy recommending me a series for #87? Open to most genres as long as they aren't overly long.

Feb 20, 2020 11:36 AM
Jun 2012
Hi, I need help with #87: "Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread".
I'd prefer something completed if possible but other than that anything is fine.
Feb 20, 2020 11:58 AM

Jul 2017

Thanks! I'll go with Rude 39 for this item and i'll see where can i fit some of the others.
Feb 20, 2020 12:18 PM

Jul 2017
ClavisM said:
Anyone fancy recommending me a series for #87? Open to most genres as long as they aren't overly long.

Taken from your PTR:
Akumetsu (Really enjoyable)
Kamisama no Iutoori (And you can use its sequel and prequel in some other item)

Also:
Sengoku Youko (I love it)
Spirit Circle (I love it too)

yube said:
Hi, I need help with #87: "Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread".
I'd prefer something completed if possible but other than that anything is fine.

Taken from your PTR:
1 (Interesting read, and you can also use its sequel in some other item)
Aoi Uroko to Suna no Machi
Feb 21, 2020 1:10 AM

Dec 2015

Thanks guys, lots to look through, much appreciated!

Feb 24, 2020 3:57 PM
Dec 2009
Read a manga ranked BELOW 10,000/5,000/2,500. - Example:10001, 10002, ... , etc. It has to be ranked. (No N/A!)

For this challenge, it's supposed to be easy/medium/difficult right? Isn't a manga ranked below 2,500 easier than a manga ranked 10,000 below? Could I get a clarification on this?

Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread. - Link to their post or add a screenshot, making sure to include their username.

Can I have a recommendation for this please? Thank you.
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Feb 24, 2020 5:16 PM

Mar 2016
Hexcellion said:
Read a manga ranked BELOW 10,000/5,000/2,500. - Example:10001, 10002, ... , etc. It has to be ranked. (No N/A!)

For this challenge, it's supposed to be easy/medium/difficult right? Isn't a manga ranked below 2,500 easier than a manga ranked 10,000 below? Could I get a clarification on this?

Now that you say it :o) It might would've made sense reversing those numbers. But I don't think it's a question of being easy or difficult, rather if you want to go with something more obscure (i.e. below 10,000) than something rather popular (2,500). You can still pick one of the three options.
(The way it is sorted is just to fit in with the other items in this category, which are descending in numbers. :P)

Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread. - Link to their post or add a screenshot, making sure to include their username.

Can I have a recommendation for this please? Thank you.

Since you liked Onani Master Kurosawa you might want to check out Chikan Otoko as well.
Wolf Guy: Ookami no Monshou if you are looking for something rather brutal.
Some completely different vibes: Necromancer.
And throwing in those as alternatives, since your fave list is pretty diverse:
The Breaker
Kanata no Astra
Bonnouji
Feb 24, 2020 6:58 PM
Dec 2009
@Schlopsi

Thanks! It seems to have been a mistake, so I won't do that for now. I'll probably start Chikan Otoko, it's been on my PTR for a while now. I'll take a look at the other ones as well, since it might help with filling in my entry.
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Mar 1, 2020 9:23 AM

Jan 2010
e-er, excuse me, I have a question

8. Read a colored manga

about this item, there's a version of "Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku" that is full colored (https://www.bookdepository.com/Attack-On-Titan-No-Regrets-Complete-Color-Edition-Hajime-Isayama/9781632365323), and I bought it recently, but since there's a black and white version too, I don't know if this manga would apply to this item. If I re-read them when mypurchase arrive, it count to this item or not?
Mar 1, 2020 9:34 AM

Apr 2015
maaah said:

8. Read a colored manga

about this item, there's a version of "Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku" that is full colored (https://www.bookdepository.com/Attack-On-Titan-No-Regrets-Complete-Color-Edition-Hajime-Isayama/9781632365323), and I bought it recently, but since there's a black and white version too, I don't know if this manga would apply to this item. If I re-read them when mypurchase arrive, it count to this item or not?

That's perfectly fine! Please just add a note somewhere that you read a colored version ^^

Mar 1, 2020 9:44 AM

Jan 2010
KuraikoDesu said:
maaah said:

That's perfectly fine! Please just add a note somewhere that you read a colored version ^^

thank you ā™”ā™”ā™”
Mar 3, 2020 12:32 PM

Jul 2011
Just to be sure, does this fit the 6 or more words in title challenge (#93) ?
https://myanimelist.net/manga/1260/Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni__Tatarigoroshi-hen

I would think it does, but I'm not sure about the rules on the "no" and the "-"
Mar 3, 2020 12:35 PM

Apr 2015
Eyth said:
Just to be sure, does this fit the 6 or more words in title challenge (#93) ?
https://myanimelist.net/manga/1260/Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni__Tatarigoroshi-hen

I would think it does, but I'm not sure about the rules on the "no" and the "-"

Yes, that's exactly 6 words so it works! Tatarigoroshi-hen would be considered one word but it's still long enough. Particles like "no" are counted as words.

Mar 4, 2020 10:18 AM

Jan 2020
There is an item in the challenge list that instructs me to read a manga where the main character studies in a high school or a college.

Is it absolutely necessary for the MC to stay in high school or college thoroughout the whole manga? Or does the MC only need to stay in high school or college for a certain period of time,not for the entirety of the manga?
Mar 4, 2020 10:53 AM

Nov 2014
IrrelevantGuy said:
There is an item in the challenge list that instructs me to read a manga where the main character studies in a high school or a college.

Is it absolutely necessary for the MC to stay in high school or college thoroughout the whole manga? Or does the MC only need to stay in high school or college for a certain period of time,not for the entirety of the manga?

The entire time is not needed, but they need to be enrolled in school for at least half of the manga^^
Mar 4, 2020 10:33 PM

Jan 2017
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2019 Manga Reading Challenge!

We have finally finished checking all the forms from last year, and have updated the Completed Users List, as you may already be aware.

If there's someone missing, or who didn't receive a message from us, please send us a PM, and we'll try to get that fixed as soon as possible.
MRC_modMar 4, 2020 10:42 PM
2024 Manga Reading Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

2024 Anime Watching Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

Discord server for MRC/AWC
Mar 8, 2020 4:29 AM

Jan 2017
Height said:
Do One-shots count?
i think yes,,i had the same problem but for safety i still didnt read them for my MRC
Mar 8, 2020 5:22 AM

Mar 2016
quazisourav said:
Height said:
Do One-shots count?
i think yes,,i had the same problem but for safety i still didnt read them for my MRC

No worries, they count and you can use them.
Mar 8, 2020 4:48 PM

Dec 2016
Do i have to add the start date and finish date of the jokers that i've read or i just leave the link?
Mar 9, 2020 8:45 AM

Nov 2014
Hikky_ said:
Do i have to add the start date and finish date of the jokers that i've read or i just leave the link?

Please add dates on the jokers too^^
Mar 12, 2020 6:09 PM

Jan 2020
Mar 12, 2020 6:25 PM

Mar 2016
IrrelevantGuy said:
Do doujinshis count as mangas?

Yes, they do count.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How do you read your Manwha/Manhua ?

TheDefCrypt - Yesterday

2 by JaniSIr »»
31 minutes ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

390 by Paahaakka »»
4 hours ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

12 by Ashyguy »»
Yesterday, 9:15 AM

» Name of this manhwa?

Notadmin - May 7

1 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 6:17 AM

Poll: » why do some people hate manhwa/ua so much???

FruitPunchBaka - May 6

11 by bcasey25raptor »»
May 7, 11:36 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.