Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2020 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
glamazon said:
edit: and here i am again! just a quick question: are the ranks cumulative? for example I am a hobbyist. will i have completed the challenge if i complete 20 mangas or 30 mangas (10 from beginner + 20 from hobbyist)?
It's total items, so 20 for hobbyist
glamazon said:
Also,

#87. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.

looking for a rec! the only requirement I have is that the manga is completely scanlated in english, spanish or portuguese. (it would be nice if it isn't a super long 100+ chapters manga because i had struggled with these before but well)
Senyuu. 32 chapters but most of them are really short, comedic and wholesome
Jan 9, 2020 9:30 AM

Mar 2012
Bunille said:
glamazon said:

oh so we can read works that are not listed here on MAL? didn't know that
Speaking of that, I've read a few manga not on MAL. Do we need any other proof of completion or is it okay to just list so on the challenge?
glamazon said:
edit: and here i am again! just a quick question: are the ranks cumulative? for example I am a hobbyist. will i have completed the challenge if i complete 20 mangas or 30 mangas (10 from beginner + 20 from hobbyist)?
You'd only need 20 for hobbyist. It's your Total Items Needed.

Gythia said:
glamazon said:
It's total items, so 20 for hobbyist
glamazon said:
Also,

#87. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.

looking for a rec! the only requirement I have is that the manga is completely scanlated in english, spanish or portuguese. (it would be nice if it isn't a super long 100+ chapters manga because i had struggled with these before but well)
Senyuu. 32 chapters but most of them are really short, comedic and wholesome

Thank you both!!!

I'll probably have more questions coming soon so thanks for all the help so far
Jan 9, 2020 9:33 AM

Nov 2010
I would also like to ask for some nice recommendations for the following two items:

#85. Read a manga with weather conditions on the cover.

Thanks in advance!
Jan 9, 2020 10:22 AM

Dec 2015
Gythia said:
Gwathgor said:
Could someone recommend me something for "#87. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.", please? ^^
Itoshi no Karin

(char limit)

Thank you! ^^

Orochiro said:
I would also like to ask for some nice recommendations for the following two items:

Thanks in advance!

I can't think of anything for #85, but here are a few recs for #87 - Kingyosou, Murasakiiro no Qualia, Sugiru Juunana no Haru.
Jan 9, 2020 11:08 AM

Nov 2010
Gwathgor said:
Orochiro said:

Thanks in advance!

I can't think of anything for #85, but here are a few recs for #87 - Kingyosou, Murasakiiro no Qualia, Sugiru Juunana no Haru.

Thanks! I picked one of your recommendations, and I'm still interested in suggestions for item #85. if anyone else has something to recommend. I can also use a joker for that one later on though.
Jan 9, 2020 11:45 AM

Jul 2017
Orochiro said:

Thanks in advance!

Snowing (Volume 1 cover): https://myanimelist.net/manga/5674/Negative_Happy_Chainsaw_Edge
Snowing (Volume 1 cover): https://myanimelist.net/manga/72467/Shoujo_Shuumatsu_Ryokou
Raining (Volume 3 cover): https://myanimelist.net/manga/3285/Holyland
Raining (Volume 2 cover): https://myanimelist.net/manga/25977/Bloody_Maiden__Toomarimiki_no_Shima

"if it isn't the main cover on MAL please provide a link/picture"
Jan 9, 2020 11:54 AM
Jan 9, 2020 1:17 PM

Mar 2016
k3ti said:
@MRC_mod
I made some badges donations for challenge ^^

They are fantastic, thank you so much! We will add them ASAP! :)
Jan 9, 2020 2:37 PM

Mar 2012
So another help

[Started: DATE] [Finished: DATE] #10. Read the first or earliest work of your favorite creator.

I searched for the first work of my favorite mangaka, but it turns out that it isn't available ANYWHERE. Do I go for her second oldest work?
Jan 9, 2020 2:50 PM

Mar 2016
@glamazon Yep, the earliest available.
Jan 9, 2020 3:39 PM

Aug 2012
awarii said:
Liaeves said:

Hanagaya Eigyousho no Kare

Thank you~
Already looks so good *^*

You're welcome! Good luck on the challenge and have fun reading *v*d
Jan 9, 2020 3:42 PM

Aug 2012
fraideii said:
Liaeves said:
#98. Read a manga that is scored higher than its anime adaptation.

This applies for Donten ni Warau, right?

manga | anime

I always get confused with the "higher" and "lower" numbers because I mix them up both ways.

Yup, it applies :)

Bunille said:
Liaeves said:
#98. Read a manga that is scored higher than its anime adaptation.

This applies for Donten ni Warau, right?

manga | anime

I always get confused with the "higher" and "lower" numbers because I mix them up both ways.
Yes, that’d be correct as long as the manga has a higher score than the anime.

Thank you both so much!
Jan 9, 2020 5:33 PM

Mar 2016
Bunille said:
Speaking of that, I've read a few manga not on MAL. Do we need any other proof of completion or is it okay to just list so on the challenge?

Link to the database where it's listed, just the same way you're doing it with MAL-entries. Adding the dates of your reading is sufficient in those cases.
Jan 9, 2020 10:00 PM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
Hey hey~

For #59. Read a manga that is about or includes a character with a serious illness, would Flower of Life count? MC is recovering from an illness, no idea if the symptoms persist since I haven't read it yet lol

Also just want to make sure it's acceptable, #85. Read a manga with weather conditions on the cover, Basara has a sandstorm thing going on in the bg, is that cool?

While I'm at it could I get a rec for #87. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread?
Anything completed and fully available online in English is fine :)

thanks to my lovely Secret Elf Santa
for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Jan 10, 2020 12:57 AM

Aug 2012
Dancho said:

While I'm at it could I get a rec for #87. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread?

Lovely Complex. It's a hilarious one (and one of my personal favorites)~
Jan 10, 2020 2:30 AM

Apr 2015
Dancho said:
Hey hey~

For #59. Read a manga that is about or includes a character with a serious illness, would Flower of Life count? MC is recovering from an illness, no idea if the symptoms persist since I haven't read it yet lol

Also just want to make sure it's acceptable, #85. Read a manga with weather conditions on the cover, Basara has a sandstorm thing going on in the bg, is that cool?

Both of those are valid!

Jan 10, 2020 9:22 AM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
Liaeves said:
Dancho said:

Lovely Complex. It's a hilarious one (and one of my personal favorites)~

Already going to use that one for #94. Read a manga with a symbol in the title. (now I'm looking forward to it more~)
Open to anything else not on my list, since I've already planned out a majority of what I want to read for the challenge. xD

@KuraikoDesu Thank youuu!!

for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Jan 10, 2020 9:45 AM

Mar 2016
Dancho said:
Open to anything else not on my list, since I've already planned out a majority of what I want to read for the challenge. xD

Mhh, maybe one of those then?
https://myanimelist.net/manga/99316/Mou_Ichido_Nandodemo
https://myanimelist.net/manga/42545/Half___Half
https://myanimelist.net/manga/16692/Suiiki
https://myanimelist.net/manga/70273/Sayonara_Heron

Also since you seem to have a variety of genres and stuff already planned, let me look for some "wilder recs"... :D
https://myanimelist.net/manga/44267/Baka_ga_Zenra_de_Yattekuru (it's entertaining enough to be a rather fun read imo)
https://myanimelist.net/manga/87404/Baito-saki_wa_Aku_no_Soshiki
https://myanimelist.net/manga/1572/G_Senjou_Heavens_Door
Jan 10, 2020 10:55 AM
Haru Choi

Mar 2012
I feel dumb cause this is the first question...

"Read a collection of short stories"

does this mean those oneshot type of managa's that have like 1 volume filled with different one shots? if not I'm confused on what this means.

Jan 10, 2020 11:05 AM

Mar 2016
HaruChoi said:

does this mean those oneshot type of managa's that have like 1 volume filled with different one shots? if not I'm confused on what this means.

There's no such thing as dumb questions. ;)
Yes, it's just as you explained. The manga description often varies a bit when it comes to those, so things like this: Love Letter or this Yaneura no Majowould would be valid for it as an example.
Jan 10, 2020 11:17 AM
Haru Choi

Mar 2012
Schlopsi said:
HaruChoi said:

There's no such thing as dumb questions. ;)
Yes, it's just as you explained. The manga description often varies a bit when it comes to those, so things like this: Love Letter or this Yaneura no Majowould would be valid for it as an example.

Phew, okay, thank you very much! XD ha ha still felt awkward cause it's challange 1 ;; o ;;)b but thank you for making me feel better.

Jan 10, 2020 1:15 PM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
@Schlopsi Those all look interesting, and yeah weird manga is always welcomed lol. Thanks! ^^

for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Jan 10, 2020 2:42 PM

Aug 2015
Hi there. I have a question.

#07. Read a manga that got cancelled/axed.

Does G-Maru Edition count?
In MangaUpdates, appears as cancelled. Also, I edited my post like

[*][Started: Jan 10, 2020] [Finished: DATE] #07. Read a manga that got cancelled/axed.
(G) Edition [MangaUpdates link] | G-Maru Edition [MyAnimeList Link].

To avoid problems, but, this manga count as cancelled and the item is well write?
Thanks in advance,
Jan 10, 2020 3:06 PM

Mar 2016
UndefinedProfile said:

[*][Started: Jan 10, 2020] [Finished: DATE] #07. Read a manga that got cancelled/axed.

To avoid problems, but, this manga count as cancelled and the item is well write?
Thanks in advance,

Yes it does count and yes, that's a great way to write it, since it makes inspection a bit faster for us if the MU-link is at hand! :)
Jan 10, 2020 3:11 PM

Aug 2015
Schlopsi said:
UndefinedProfile said:

Thanks in advance,

Yes it does count and yes, that's a great way to write it, since it makes inspection a bit faster for us if the MU-link is at hand! :)

Thanks you. I'll try my best to type every item like that :)
Jan 10, 2020 3:25 PM

Mar 2016
@UndefinedProfile thank you! You don't have to do it for stuff that is apparent on the MAL_link already, though (like published in [year, magazine, etc], genre tags [if they refer to the ones on MAL], etc.). Otherwise it would be way too much work for you. ^^
Just make sure you do it for those requiring some sort of (external) proof, so it helps us getting the info we need - from the perspective of someone not having read the manga.
Jan 11, 2020 11:23 AM

Feb 2018
Yo! If anyone is looking for a great gender bender manga then you should read Kanojo ni Naru Hi

It's wonderful
Jan 12, 2020 11:32 AM

Jul 2012
@MRC_mod

I've made some banners :)

Jan 12, 2020 12:06 PM

Jan 2017
taynis said:

Thank you so so much! Will add them right away! :)
EDIT: @taynis just noticed the Noragami(?) badge is set for completed twice and embedded in participants as well. I guess it wasn't supposed to be this way and if you want to fix it, you can hit me up with the participant version as well, so i can swap it out. :D
MRC_modJan 12, 2020 12:21 PM
2024 Manga Reading Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

2024 Anime Watching Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

Discord server for MRC/AWC
Jan 12, 2020 1:06 PM

Jul 2012
MRC_mod said:
taynis said:

Thank you so so much! Will add them right away! :)
EDIT: @taynis just noticed the Noragami(?) badge is set for completed twice and embedded in participants as well. I guess it wasn't supposed to be this way and if you want to fix it, you can hit me up with the participant version as well, so i can swap it out. :D

Oh, thank you! I didn't even noticed!
Here it is:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/pEzn2NR.png[/img]

:D

Jan 12, 2020 2:18 PM

Aug 2015
Quick Question.
In #04. Read an award-winning manga, did the manga have to win any position or first position?
For example, Blue Giant won the 62nd Shougakukan Manga Award in the general category, counts?
Jan 12, 2020 2:52 PM

Jan 2017
taynis said:
Oh, thank you! I didn't even noticed!
Here it is:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/pEzn2NR.png[/img]

:D

Thanks lots! Swapping them out. :D

UndefinedProfile said:
Quick Question.
In #04. Read an award-winning manga, did the manga have to win any position or first position?
For example, Blue Giant won the 62nd Shougakukan Manga Award in the general category, counts?

Yes, it's fine - it just needs to have won any officially recognized award. And Blue Giant already won two of them: 'Won the 62nd Shogakukan Manga Award for general manga. Won the 20th Japan Media Arts Festival's Grand Prize for Manga.'
The 62nd refers to the edition of the prize giving ceremony, not that it took the 62nd place - if this was the confusing part. ;)
----
Also you guys and gals are on fire with the banner donations! Thank you very much! Go check them out here: Banners.
Had to put them in spoiler sections already, because the amount got a bit overwhelming. :D
2024 Manga Reading Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

2024 Anime Watching Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

Discord server for MRC/AWC
Jan 12, 2020 7:33 PM

Apr 2013
taynis said:
@MRC_mod

So many banners! :D
Jan 12, 2020 10:33 PM

Jun 2015
Hello, for item ##11. Read a manga by an artist/author duo, can I use Shindere Shoujo to Kodoku na Shinigami?

Jan 13, 2020 12:30 AM

Aug 2012
Onodera_Riku said:
Hello, for item ##11. Read a manga by an artist/author duo, can I use Shindere Shoujo to Kodoku na Shinigami?

Yes, the manga is valid for that category.
Jan 13, 2020 12:40 AM

Aug 2012
renejayde said:

Could someone please give me some recommendations for this? I don't mind what length the manga is, so long as it has a complete english scanlation available
Thank youu !!

Here are some recommendations:

Pandora Hearts
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
W-Juliet
Ouran High School Host Club
Hana Kimi
Jan 13, 2020 1:14 AM

Mar 2016
renejayde said:

Could someone please give me some recommendations for this? I don't mind what length the manga is, so long as it has a complete english scanlation available
Thank youu !!

Since you seem to enjoy some horror, I throw in:
http://www.myanimelist.net/manga/1215/Doumu

http://www.myanimelist.net/manga/28361/Hideout
http://www.myanimelist.net/manga/1796 (Dawn: Tsumetai te)
http://www.myanimelist.net/manga/22945/Conductor (less horror)
Jan 13, 2020 1:53 AM

Apr 2015
Greetings, I have also come in search of a manga for#87. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.

Thank you in advance~

Jan 13, 2020 7:22 AM
Jul 2018
KuraikoDesu said:
Greetings, I have also come in search of a manga for#87. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.

Thank you in advance~
Planetes
Chikan Otoko
Marie no Kanaderu Ongaku
(since you've read Fairy Tail)
Fairy Tail Zero
Jan 13, 2020 8:50 AM
M♛RRIED BL L♥VER

Jan 2013
For #57. Read a manga with at least 5 family members in the cast. Do all the family members need to be a part of the same family? Also, Do all the family members need to be listed on MAL? Can we show a screenshot or manga page listing them?
RachelPandaJan 13, 2020 8:53 AM

LINKS
☆:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::☆
Members Cards
Clubs
Challenges
Favorites
Forum by Evil Club - snowman 2023

Jan 13, 2020 11:10 AM

Mar 2016
RachelPanda said:
For #57. Read a manga with at least 5 family members in the cast. Do all the family members need to be a part of the same family? Also, Do all the family members need to be listed on MAL? Can we show a screenshot or manga page listing them?

Yes, they have to belong to the same family (in a broader sense, taking in account both sides of a couple and further - like in Suiiki for example).
If those characters aren't listed on MAL (or any other database), please do as you wrote and add a screenshot.

KuraikoDesu said:

Thank you in advance~

Additionally:
Conductor
Elhanburg_no_Tenshi
Gozen_3-ji_no_Muhouchitai
Kamisama_ga_Uso_wo_Tsuku
Tomodachi_no_Hanashi
SchlopsiJan 13, 2020 11:14 AM
Jan 13, 2020 11:26 AM
M♛RRIED BL L♥VER

Jan 2013
Schlopsi said:
RachelPanda said:

Yes, they have to belong to the same family (in a broader sense, taking in account both sides of a couple and further - like in Suiiki for example).
If those characters aren't listed on MAL (or any other database), please do as you wrote and add a screenshot.

So would Something like This be a good example??

LINKS
Members Cards
Clubs
Challenges
Favorites
Forum by Evil Club - snowman 2023

Jan 13, 2020 11:54 AM

Mar 2016
RachelPanda said:
Schlopsi said:

So would Something like This be a good example??

Yep, that's perfect.
Jan 13, 2020 3:51 PM

Mar 2014
#90. Read a manga with the same first and last letter.

Does it have to be one word? Or for example would Seven Days work?
Jan 13, 2020 7:44 PM

Apr 2013
Shuichi2 said:
#90. Read a manga with the same first and last letter.

Does it have to be one word? Or for example would Seven Days work?

That would work, sure. :)

jiejen said:
Quick question for webtoons, are we still allowed to use them if they aren't in the MAL database? For example, True Beauty or Metropolitan Supremacy System.

You can use it, as long as you provide us with a database link (from other sites), just to make it easier on checking. :)
Some webtoons would probably not be valid, but those are okay!
KazzeonJan 13, 2020 7:58 PM
Jan 14, 2020 8:04 AM
Jun 2008
It's my first time taking part in the Manga Reading Challenge and I'm a bit confused about the MRC Jokers. I've already read a few from the list - can I use them as Jokers or should I reread them first?

Also #93. Read a manga with 6 or more words in its title.
Do we count all parts of speech as words (prepositions, articles, conjunctions, etc)?
Jan 14, 2020 8:17 AM

Mar 2016
-Yomi- said:
It's my first time taking part in the Manga Reading Challenge and I'm a bit confused about the MRC Jokers. I've already read a few from the list - can I use them as Jokers or should I reread them first?

Also #93. Read a manga with 6 or more words in its title.
Do we count all parts of speech as words (prepositions, articles, conjunctions, etc)?

Regarding the jokers: If you've read some of them already, you can either reread and use them as jokers or just ignore them (remember, everything needs to be read during the current challenge period).
Or you just focus on the other jokers you haven't read yet.
Or you don't bother with them and ignore the section completely (or read jokers and use them for items - in this case the restriction of how many you can use doesn't apply).
In general: 1 joker you will read and use as such = one item less you have to do for a difficulty (i.e. Manga Expert needs 65 items; or 64 items + 1 joker, 63 items + 2 jokers,... etc.)
I hope this isn't too hard to understand ^^"

#93: Yes, as long as they are words they count (i.e. Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka)
Jan 14, 2020 3:37 PM

Sep 2016
Yo, I'm kind of (very) slow.
I'm not sure if I understood how to participate properly.
My difficulty is "enthusiast", does that mean I have to do the first 50 challenge items or can I choose whatever 50 I want from the 111 there are?

;;;
Jan 14, 2020 4:18 PM

Mar 2016
NJGore said:
Yo, I'm kind of (very) slow.
I'm not sure if I understood how to participate properly.
My difficulty is "enthusiast", does that mean I have to do the first 50 challenge items or can I choose whatever 50 I want from the 111 there are?

;;;

You can choose from all of the 111 items (+ jokers) for your difficulty. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you aren't sure. :)
Jan 14, 2020 5:21 PM

Jan 2016
Is a collection of one shots the same as a collection of short stories?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How do you read your Manwha/Manhua ?

TheDefCrypt - May 8

3 by Nekoburger »»
3 hours ago

» Any manga out that opposite to world end harem?

Darkrazor22 - May 10

1 by Nekoburger »»
3 hours ago

» Western Studio Adaptation of Berserk (Thoughts?)

FlydayEthan - May 2

4 by Old_School_Akira »»
4 hours ago

» Why so much ntr in manhwa?

TheRacist11 - 11 hours ago

0 by TheRacist11 »»
11 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

396 by Reisho-Teki »»
Yesterday, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.