Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 4, 2020 7:47 AM

Nov 2011
Second season is scheduled to air July (Summer) 2020 this year

https://twitter.com/mahouka_anime/status/1213486459136573440

Key visual

PV

https://twitter.com/mahouka_anime/status/1241597977615097857
Stark700Apr 24, 2020 1:07 AM
Jan 4, 2020 7:51 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yup, just came across the info a few moments earlier.

I was expecting Spring in all honesty but Summer isn't half-bad. Definitely wasn't expecting this announcement this early either. Looking forward to this!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 4, 2020 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
Well, it's finally set. Let's see if this season can pull me into this show, unlike the 1st season.
Jan 4, 2020 2:10 PM

Aug 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
Yup, just came across the info a few moments earlier.

I was expecting Spring in all honesty but Summer isn't half-bad. Definitely wasn't expecting this announcement this early either. Looking forward to this!

A bit funny that the trailer got leaked in early-october, i actually didn't believe it, but i'm glad to see it's true, we'll see how they adapt it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORh0QZKLFLg
Mar 21, 2020 10:17 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Mar 25, 2020 10:50 AM

Jul 2008
WaterLord said:
Well, it's finally set. Let's see if this season can pull me into this show, unlike the 1st season.

I feel like they should be retconning the original adaptation of the first few story arcs covered in season 1 before starting a second season. With a different studio and staff along with the 6 year gap between seasons, it seems like a wasted opportunity to actually improve the adaptation for a visual medium and keep continuity between seasons. Hell, I can’t even understand the purpose of just continuing it now as is since the LN and it’s adaptations for other mediums and spinoffs are already ridiculously popular and successful, so it’s not like they need an anime to serve as advertisement at this point. And if they are planning anime adaptations for the entire story now that it appears to be reaching the end, it’s better to do it right or just not at all.
Apr 24, 2020 1:06 AM

Nov 2011
Apr 24, 2020 1:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh well, here is starts.

Expecting a flurry of Summer and Fall shows in the next couple of weeks or so to follow suite now...

Apr 24, 2020 2:03 AM
Feb 2019
At least they did not try to rush and have bad animation
Apr 24, 2020 2:04 AM

Oct 2017
By delaying mahouka to October,The isekai of Rimuru (Tensei Shitara Slime) the second season and its spin-off are also very likely to be delayed for other seasons, they are all anime from the 8-bit studio.
Apr 24, 2020 3:32 AM

Oct 2017
So after spring now summer animes sigh.
Apr 24, 2020 7:36 AM

Aug 2019
Fuck 2020 and Fuck Covid-19
Apr 24, 2020 8:38 AM

Apr 2020
shit !! now it's 100 % tensei shitara slime datta ken will be delayed too , not to mention other new animes and sequels that were decided to be broadcasted in summer and fall since the pandemic is getting worse day after day

For your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And honour your parents. If one or both of them reach old age in your care, never say to them ˹even˺ ‘ugh,’ nor yell at them. Rather, address them respectfully.
And be humble with them out of mercy, and pray, “My Lord! Be merciful to them as they raised me when I was young.”
(Holy Quran 17:23-24).

May 11, 2020 11:43 AM

Aug 2013
This sucks. I was really waiting for this series since it's one of my favourites.

Jul 5, 2020 10:48 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
New cuts revealed in the Aniplex Online Fest Panel.

https://twitter.com/mahouka_anime/status/1279834175378345984

Pretty hyped for this ~

Jul 7, 2020 3:19 AM
Nov 2017
Stark700 said:
It's postponed to October 2020 this year.

https://mahouka.jp/news/?id=54045

One thing I don’t get is why in the teaser and picture it shows Tatsuya as a weed. I could’ve sworn he was moved up but that could just be me
Aug 10, 2020 7:43 PM
Dec 2019
L-Mo-Reppin said:
Stark700 said:
It's postponed to October 2020 this year.

https://mahouka.jp/news/?id=54045

One thing I don’t get is why in the teaser and picture it shows Tatsuya as a weed. I could’ve sworn he was moved up but that could just be me
he moved up in the second year which is vol 12 and the anime adapt vol 9-11 *cmiiw
Aug 11, 2020 12:02 AM
Nov 2017
Deadmandream said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:

he moved up in the second year which is vol 12 and the anime adapt vol 9-11 *cmiiw

So I think I see him with it in the movie but like I said I could be wrong or the movie could be with original content or skipped ahead. I really hope this season isn’t overly dramatic and they actually show a little romance or maybe the aunt will finally put them together. The best part of the show for me is how OP he is and his harem or could’ve had a harem if he had feelings. But Miyuki is perfect. I’ll take the first student council prez too
Aug 11, 2020 8:38 AM
Dec 2019
L-Mo-Reppin said:
Deadmandream said:

So I think I see him with it in the movie but like I said I could be wrong or the movie could be with original content or skipped ahead. I really hope this season isn’t overly dramatic and they actually show a little romance or maybe the aunt will finally put them together. The best part of the show for me is how OP he is and his harem or could’ve had a harem if he had feelings. But Miyuki is perfect. I’ll take the first student council prez too

From what i've seen the movie is original content so maybe its not included, in terms of romance we will see him getting a chocolate in valentine's day and Miyuki serving him a private dinner ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Aug 11, 2020 11:46 PM
Nov 2017
Deadmandream said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:

From what i've seen the movie is original content so maybe its not included, in terms of romance we will see him getting a chocolate in valentine's day and Miyuki serving him a private dinner ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

That’s better then nothing I guess lol. I must have read about him and Miyuki at a much further point in the source which probably means I will never see that on the anime bc they probably won’t allow it to continue after this season. You know one more thing, other then Naruto, one piece, dbz, fairy tail, why don’t they animate full sources? I’ve never understood it even though I know Th he want u to buy The books. Like I’m probably in the minority but I would love to see dxd, trinity seven, and New Testament completed. I haven’t heard any news on any of those since there last movie or season
Aug 12, 2020 4:05 AM
Dec 2019
L-Mo-Reppin said:
Deadmandream said:

That’s better then nothing I guess lol. I must have read about him and Miyuki at a much further point in the source which probably means I will never see that on the anime bc they probably won’t allow it to continue after this season. You know one more thing, other then Naruto, one piece, dbz, fairy tail, why don’t they animate full sources? I’ve never understood it even though I know Th he want u to buy The books. Like I’m probably in the minority but I would love to see dxd, trinity seven, and New Testament completed. I haven’t heard any news on any of those since there last movie or season

Yeah i'm agree with you, i would love to see a full anime adaptation of those anime you mention. from what i know if the anime sales is pretty good(bluray, dvd, merch, figures) they would most likely get another season, but if it's only average we could only pray for a new season. anyway i don't think Mahouka will get a full adaptation because of how long the story is and the new season only covers 1/3 of the story.
Aug 12, 2020 4:40 AM
Nov 2017
Deadmandream said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:

Yeah i'm agree with you, i would love to see a full anime adaptation of those anime you mention. from what i know if the anime sales is pretty good(bluray, dvd, merch, figures) they would most likely get another season, but if it's only average we could only pray for a new season. anyway i don't think Mahouka will get a full adaptation because of how long the story is and the new season only covers 1/3 of the story.

I’m happy we’re going to get a new season but just like everyone else it makes no sense to do something 6-7 years later, luckily it’s on Netflix and CR for me to watch again. Heck I don’t even think they will have another season for overlord after that fiasco of a tremendous drop off in quality the last few episodes. If there a company that wants to revive old anime I wouldn’t mind marksman and the Vanadis, smartphone(one of the few who liked it), aesthetica of a rogue hero, and chivalry of a failed knight. Last thing is I’m happy we’re getting this show again along with slime, tate no yuusha, and I think bofuri at the end showed they planned a second season
Aug 20, 2020 6:56 AM

Feb 2018
October 3rd.

The anime's second season will include a Visitor Arc - the fourth arc in the series. The arc starts from volume 9 to 11.

SyureriaAug 21, 2020 3:15 AM
Aug 27, 2020 10:07 AM

Apr 2020
Damn , an epic anime like this gets a second season after all these years and only 12 or 13 episodes instead of 24 and which is probably the last one
Why always good animes like this one end faster ?!

For your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And honour your parents. If one or both of them reach old age in your care, never say to them ˹even˺ ‘ugh,’ nor yell at them. Rather, address them respectfully.
And be humble with them out of mercy, and pray, “My Lord! Be merciful to them as they raised me when I was young.”
(Holy Quran 17:23-24).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

83 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2020

88 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2020

82 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:51 AM

» Lina's Weaknesses

FiddlePie - May 20, 2022

16 by Mq84jdk »»
Mar 1, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

z00nex - Oct 3, 2020

160 by amf85 »»
Feb 29, 6:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.