Forum Settings
Forums

Should I implement upvote/downvote system on my website?

New
Should I implement upvote/downvote system on my website?
Oct 17, 2019 7:51 AM

Oct 2018
Hey everyone, almost 2 months ago, I created a thread where I asked If I created a website where you could rate anime songs, people would use it or not.

I think like a week after that I'd actually started working on it, and I spend like 6-10 hours a day working on it, so it's doing good so far. But in the past couple of days, I couldn't decide If I should implement the upvote/downvote system for the comments, kind of like on Reddit(or several other sites).

I actually want to do it, but the problem is with this system is that trolls and haters would spam the downvote for absolutely no reason, like you share an opinion of yours which they don't agree with and suddenly "fuck you I disagree downvoted", and I hate when that happens.

But there would be advantages of it too, like you could give a feedback to the user about their comment/opinion. By the number of up/downvotes you could see what comments would actually be worth reading etc. And if a comment would get too much downvotes, it would automatically be either hidden or deleted.

So I'm asking your opinion on it. Would you like to see it on the page?
-Aincrad-Oct 17, 2019 7:57 AM
Oct 17, 2019 11:02 AM

Sep 2015
If you make it upvotes only you won't have the issue with inappropriate downvotes. Works OK on YouTube.
can dis sig fit
Oct 17, 2019 11:22 AM

Apr 2015
I won't tell you what to do, but having an "upvote / downvote" system usually leads to good comments getting trashed with downvotes because people don't agree with what's being said.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Oct 17, 2019 11:26 AM

Jan 2009
learn from MAL the reason they removed the downvote (not helpful) button on reviews is because all reviews tend to be downvoted more than upvoted

so just implement the upvote button so that the least upvoted will be buried fast that way too (so it will also work like a downvote button would do)
Oct 17, 2019 5:10 PM

Feb 2019
I agree with @Tropisch the upvote/downvote button does more harm than good. People downvote something they disagree with and that prevents other people from ever seeing it, which prevents the conversation from ever really happening.
LunaEstlinOct 17, 2019 5:20 PM

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

More topics from this board

» English essay

Jeycopp - Feb 3, 2015

12 by JeanParcks »»
2 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

362 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 11:56 AM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Yesterday, 6:15 AM

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Apr 24

4 by Kinspie13 »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
Apr 24, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.