Forum Settings
Forums
New
Will Berserk see an end before Miura dies?
Mar 28, 2008 1:37 AM

Oct 2007
Miura I just read is 42 years old...

It seems to have took 18 years to reach where we are now, and there is way that it will finish soon...
Also looks like every now and then he stops for a month or two or more...

So here is what we vote for:
Will he be able to finish Berserk before he dies....
Yes or No... I'll also add a median option for those to bored to think.... :P

I'm voting NO, as it looks like there is too much work/progress to be done with Berserk before it finishes, so i think he wont live that long...

P.S. Its only a guess, not a bad omen :P
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 28, 2008 6:29 AM

Sep 2007
I forget how long ago it was, but I don't think it was more than a volume ago that Miura was reported as saying he was only around 50% done with the series. I remember thinking that if it were true, then I would likely be in my 40's by the time the story finally concludes. Just making matters worse is the fact that Miura seems to have no sense of obligation to a set schedule.
Mar 28, 2008 7:55 AM

Oct 2007
BlackMagic said:
I forget how long ago it was, but I don't think it was more than a volume ago that Miura was reported as saying he was only around 50% done with the series. I remember thinking that if it were true, then I would likely be in my 40's by the time the story finally concludes. Just making matters worse is the fact that Miura seems to have no sense of obligation to a set schedule.

Which scares everyone who likes and wants to see the series end :P
Till now everyone is voting that he will die before Berserk finishes...
Mar 28, 2008 4:52 PM
Jul 2007
Well in about 2-3 years he will relize ( Like Akira Toriyama did) I want to do other things in my life.

So he will hire 5 more ppl to help him with Berserk and it will be finished before he is 50.
Mar 28, 2008 5:31 PM

Sep 2007
Considering he's already been at it 18 years...I wonder why he wouldn't have realized that already lol
Mar 28, 2008 5:33 PM
Jun 2007
Roronoa_Zoro said:
Well in about 2-3 years he will relize ( Like Akira Toriyama did) I want to do other things in my life.

So he will hire 5 more ppl to help him with Berserk and it will be finished before he is 50.

he's an old-school manga-ka. the chances of him hiring an assistant is slim.
Apr 9, 2008 7:31 PM
Jan 2008
Avarice said:

he's an old-school manga-ka. the chances of him hiring an assistant is slim.

He already uses multiple assistants, as does just about every prolific mangaka including said old-schoolers. Miura likely does not use them much, though, considering the multi-month gaps that have been occurring between installments.

"Miura Kentarou with Studio Gaga"
Aug 24, 2008 9:01 PM

Aug 2008
Honestly I just finished 297, looked at his profile and this is the first thing that popped into my head. I think as long as he stops taking large breaks, he can still finish the other half or so of the series. Even if he only releases a chapter every couple weeks, he can still finish by the time he's 60.

I just hope he isn't becoming less motivated about the manga because he's been doing it so long. He might very well be the most talented person in manga today and I hope he buckles down on Berserk so he can leave a complete legacy behind him before he kicks the bucket.
I thought what i'd do was your mother
Nov 25, 2008 10:46 PM
Dec 2007
Don't jinx it, sheesh. I hope he doesn't though, seriously. That would be terrible. I wish Miura would pick up the pace though, biweekly-monthly releases are killin me. And if this series is already 18 years old, it's older than me =x
Jan 10, 2009 9:24 AM
Jan 2009
I'm afraid there's going to be a rushed ending, despite the good pacing and build up this far. The plot is just way too overarching. To weave all leads together at this point and at the current pace could easily take another 18 years. If he won't make haggle about art quality or character development, he'll simply run out of time.
Jan 12, 2009 10:57 PM
Dec 2007
Whatevers lol; now that I think about it 18 years is fine. He's 42 now + 18 years is only 60! My dad is 62. And Miura wouldn't have any motivation to STOP producing Berserk simply because it's an easy revenue for minimal (not really) work. So anyways I'd rather witness the end of a legendary series 18 years from now than a mediocre one in 2 years. There's just so much stuff in Berserk left unsettled that I'm excited every time a new chapter comes out.
Apr 30, 2009 9:47 AM

Dec 2007
Actually, Miura stopped doing berserk for a while to be a IDOLM@STER fanboy full time, but eventually, his money will run out and he'd have to go back to doing berserk. if you don't mind nudity and stuff, you can go onto sankakucomplex.com and look for it.
May 16, 2009 6:44 AM

Apr 2009
Aja said:
Whatevers lol; now that I think about it 18 years is fine.
[...]So anyways I'd rather witness the end of a legendary series 18 years from now than a mediocre one in 2 years. There's just so much stuff in Berserk left unsettled that I'm excited every time a new chapter comes out.

I'm with you all along! ^^
Jun 7, 2009 8:21 PM

May 2009
well I hope miura does live long eough too see the series come to an end.....I mean the guy is in his mid 40's now, I think and he is 50% complete with the series or so I've heard and he takes way too much breaks....really I hope he does...

...rNr...
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

Aug 24, 2009 7:26 AM

May 2009
I think miura wrote the whole story way in advance and all he's doing now is visualizing the events through the manga. Well, I hope that's what he did. Otherwise, he won't be giving us a magnificent plot if he didn't carefully planned it. If he somehow dies accidentally, which I really hope not, then his assistants can just follow the story he made and then draw it. The worst thing that can happen is miura dying without giving us a final conclusion for the story. If that happens, I'll commit suicide. And guys, I think he's not doing the manga for money's sake or fame whatsoever. I think the real reason he's motivated is that he wants us readers to understand how he sees life in a very highly philosophical way and to leave a legacy in this world through his manga. That's how special it is for him. So i think that's the reason for the long release dates. He wants us readers to be not disappointed as much as possible.
Aug 25, 2009 8:32 PM
Aug 2009
I'm in the not sure category.. i really hope he will.. but the last couple chapters seem like a stall tactic or something.. i get that it's to show changes and stuff.. but it makes the wait kinda suck..
Sep 28, 2009 2:56 PM
Jul 2009
The fucker better finish the goddamn manga.
Sep 28, 2009 4:34 PM

Apr 2008
and 42 years old means that he may die soon? since when? He's fairly young if you ask me and he may live another 40 years or more. It's not like we are in the middle ages when people used to die at a young age.

My point being, for example, I'd rather read a Conan comic drawn by 70 year old late Jonh Buscema than by any other artist around at the time and he was pretty capable of working at it at the time.

So yeah, why not?
Feb 27, 2010 2:29 AM
Jul 2018
No sure.
Mar 17, 2010 6:11 PM

Jul 2009
-Claymore- said:
No sure.

My vote as well, it's the most reasonable one since even if he don't die from old age he might get hit by a card or die from cancer xD

I sure do hope he gets to finish this masterpiece of his though =)
May 4, 2010 6:36 AM
Sep 2009
RyuuSlayerGattsu said:
I think miura wrote the whole story way in advance and all he's doing now is visualizing the events through the manga. Well, I hope that's what he did. Otherwise, he won't be giving us a magnificent plot if he didn't carefully planned it. If he somehow dies accidentally, which I really hope not, then his assistants can just follow the story he made and then draw it. The worst thing that can happen is miura dying without giving us a final conclusion for the story. If that happens, I'll commit suicide. And guys, I think he's not doing the manga for money's sake or fame whatsoever. I think the real reason he's motivated is that he wants us readers to understand how he sees life in a very highly philosophical way and to leave a legacy in this world through his manga. That's how special it is for him. So i think that's the reason for the long release dates. He wants us readers to be not disappointed as much as possible.

this!
May 11, 2010 7:51 AM
Jan 2010
if he dies we will see the news of mass suicides in the next day newspaper : | (including me)

i hope no ._.
May 18, 2010 5:19 AM

Oct 2008
It'd be a serious shame if he passed away before he could complete his work, i mean, the guy love's it. otherwise he would've stopped at volume 10 when he was already rich enough xD

But these breaks that are occuring more often are starting to make lots of people wonder if he will continue or if he started something else...

Not me though, actually i just started Berserk.. I bought the first volume a couple of months ago and i'm waiting for 7 till 10 which i recently ordered.

But i think that if he would pass away, that loads of fans would somehow try to complete it for him with their own art and storys
I mean, we know the characters now, we know the univers Guts lives in, so we can complete it with our own fantasy's.. Though it will never be as epic as when Miura would complete it :P

JP_rNr said:
well I hope miura does live long eough too see the series come to an end.....I mean the guy is in his mid 40's now, I think and he is 50% complete with the series or so I've heard and he takes way too much breaks....really I hope he does...

...rNr...

He's in his mid 40s now, so if he is at 50% and if he's publishing his stuff as fast (or slow) as he used to the last 18 years... Than he would be almost 70 when he's done.

That's quite a normal age for people to stop working, you know...
Jun 8, 2010 1:59 AM
Dec 2008
Miura is though guy. He is overpowering already Chuck Norris, so what can stop him now? And in Japan 40 years old is still not enough for someone to call him self a mature. Maybe 50 or up ... so dont write down Miura so easy from manga pages.
Gambare Miura

Jul 17, 2010 2:21 PM

Sep 2009
I sincerely hope that he makes it to then end of the series, i'm only up to Book 10 and got started on this series by a friend of mine.
Ever since reading the first one i've been hooked by the gripping storyline and colourfully developed characters.
I don't want him to rush it, but if he's only just at 50% of the way through the series, he won't be done until he's about 80. Unfortuantely old age is a cruel mistress who likes to make your brain work far slower than it used to when you were younger.
So while i will hope that he finished the manga before he passes on, i find myself not believing that he will.
Dec 27, 2010 1:40 AM

Oct 2008
AncestralSpirit2 said:
I sincerely hope that he makes it to then end of the series, i'm only up to Book 10 and got started on this series by a friend of mine.
-
-
So while i will hope that he finished the manga before he passes on, i find myself not believing that he will.

First off, that friend of you is a great guy for hooking someone to Berserk (i am at vol. 27 right now, and my friends just don't want to try, quite a shame tbh.. Maybe i should ask my comic loving cousin :P)

Secondly, i really hope that it's not true that he's just at 50% of the story, i hope that he's at something like 65%. That would make a genuine ending a lot more realistic.
Apr 4, 2011 1:35 PM

Dec 2007
Welp, it's probably old news, but he's alive.
Jun 14, 2011 10:49 PM

Jan 2011
if he lives long enough to enter the stage when we can transmit our consciousness into a fully prosthetic cybernetic body where we can surf the nets using our very consciousness yes maybe he'll live long enough to show guts pwning Griffith and going back to banging casca
unless he his brain hacked by a certain puppeteer and he is no longer remembers his own memory any more thus can no longer to write berserk anymore ;(

If we don't reach that stage yet, well if he stops these fracking delays already and get his ass moving on the story, MAYBE he will finish off berserk and we'll have the ending above^
"Where will a newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite" - Motoko Kusanagi
Aug 28, 2011 7:19 PM

Aug 2011
I have only read 2 volumes so far. Not really into manga yet, but I decided to start with Berserk so how many volumes he going to finish at?
Oct 11, 2011 8:23 AM
Apr 2007
sn00k said:I have only read 2 volumes so far. Not really into manga yet, but I decided to start with Berserk so how many volumes he going to finish at?
Oct 11, 2011 8:30 AM

Jan 2009
Nobody knows =)
Nov 4, 2011 7:01 AM

Feb 2011
Since Miura is a fan of Guin Saga ( 1979-2009 ), I think the guy is not in a hurry. Personally I think we will wait another 10 years before the End.
Forever Berserk
Nov 8, 2011 2:42 PM

Feb 2011
AncestralSpirit2 said:

I don't want him to rush it, but if he's only just at 50% of the way through the series, he won't be done until he's about 80. .

Miura has 42 years. If 50% = 20 years, how in the hell he will have 80 years in 20 years ? XD
Forever Berserk
Nov 29, 2011 12:30 PM

Sep 2009
TBSM said:
AncestralSpirit2 said:

I don't want him to rush it, but if he's only just at 50% of the way through the series, he won't be done until he's about 80. .

Miura has 42 years. If 50% = 20 years, how in the hell he will have 80 years in 20 years ? XD

I was also accounting for him slowing down as he gets older.......
Yeah......
Let's go with that, and not me being a total bean brain *nod nod*
Feb 20, 2012 10:33 PM

Jun 2008
This worries me.

If he passes on while leaving Berserk unfinished, the Behelit will come back to him. Miura will then sacrifice his loyal fanbase to make a newer, darker Berserk where the God Hand are the heroes.
Jul 15, 2012 7:57 PM

Feb 2011
If he do that, if he betray us... I will hunt him down ! No demons shall stop me from my vengeance ! I'LL AVENGE MY BROTHERS !!!!
Forever Berserk
Jul 24, 2012 11:59 AM
Jun 2012
TBSM said:
If he do that, if he betray us... I will hunt him down ! No demons shall stop me from my vengeance ! I'LL AVENGE MY BROTHERS !!!!

haha wtf, that would be a total let down for all the things that could possibly happen if he dies before finishing the manga.
Your comment just made me lol, but i still put my vote on "No... I dont think so... ;"
Jul 26, 2012 1:54 AM

Jun 2008
Is something wrong with Miura that you think he will not make it with ending the Berserk story?
People nowadays don't die at the age of only 46. Please do not overreact :)
He is certainly well protected:)
May 20, 2015 7:27 PM
Aug 2012
berserk-chan said:
Is something wrong with Miura that you think he will not make it with ending the Berserk story?
People nowadays don't die at the age of only 46. Please do not overreact :)
He is certainly well protected:)

Yea, people nowadays die at there 20's. So lay off. Anything is possible.
Jul 8, 2015 6:48 AM

Aug 2013
yea probably
huh
Aug 21, 2015 1:56 PM

Oct 2014
I'm a pessimist, ok? Or rather being realistic lol. Anything can happen so...
Apr 28, 2016 5:16 AM

Mar 2016
i think he'll have enough time to finish berserk in animehell
May 20, 2021 4:34 AM
Oct 2018
Spoiler:
sadly He didn't. im so fucking sad right now..............
May 21, 2021 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
I don't remember when I voted on this, 5-6 years ago at least...I hate how it became true :(
Rest in peace Miura sensei...
Oct 1, 2021 4:34 PM
Mar 2021
gavvoru said:
i think he'll have enough time to finish berserk in animehell
are you happy now?
Jul 8, 2022 8:01 PM
Feb 2021
No
Dec 11, 2023 12:52 PM
Sep 2023
This didn't age well...
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What do you guys think of Blind Reviews of Berserk?

abiisu - Oct 13, 2021

2 by abiisu »»
Jan 21, 2023 12:21 PM

» Characters you will kill

pabloerk - Apr 9, 2016

4 by kaiki_fan_boy »»
Jun 5, 2020 10:14 AM

» What do you think of iDOLM@STER as a fan of Berserk?

removed-user - Apr 29, 2020

0 by removed-user »»
Apr 29, 2020 7:14 AM

» Berserk is the GOAT

RandomChampion - Apr 7, 2018

0 by RandomChampion »»
Apr 7, 2018 9:10 AM

» Next chapter

NFMaster - Jan 14, 2017

0 by NFMaster »»
Jan 14, 2017 11:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.