Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2019 12:31 AM
Dec 2018
Just finished watching Sugar Sugar Rune for the second time, my favorite anime since ever.

so after the second time watching, I found the ending is not what I was really expecting, I think the writers must make it clearer for us.
for example:

So I think just another season of it will make everything clearer.

+ any suggestions for some related series?

Sep 20, 2019 12:55 AM

Feb 2013
it's been over 10 years, the mangaka moved on long ago, the chance of a sequel is virtually nil
why dont you go read the manga now..it's all that's left of the series
or perhaps you would also want a yuyu hakusho remake by madhouse; at least that would make a tad more financial sense
Sep 20, 2019 10:34 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Nour_ said:
Just finished watching Sugar Sugar Rune for the second time, my favorite anime since ever.

Seems like you may want to enter the realm of magical girl anime if you want to watch something like Sugar Sugar Rune...
Your anime list is restricted, so idk what you've seen or read... I'll try suggesting things anyway
  • Ojamajo Doremi - another kid-friendly magical girl anime featuring witches. also has great character development and touches on some sensitive topics (e.g. divorce, loss, etc.) with the care it needs. has four other seasons as well
  • Shugo Chara! - another kid-friendly magical girl anime, this time featuring little fairies born from eggs ("charas") that represents the dreams of a person. a good amount of MAL recommendations between this and sugar sugar rune, so maybe give this a shot if you haven't already
  • Majokko Megu-chan - if you don't mind a show for a bit older audience that was made in the 70s, consider this one. another MAL user has compared sugar sugar rune as this anime's successor, since that they're both anime featuring witches trying hard to be the next queen in their world. it seems that this show is barely subbed, unfortunately.
  • Ultra Maniac - this is another kid-friendly anime about a witch coming to the human world. i've only read the manga, so i dont know how much the anime changed from the source material—the only changes i know were added to the anime was that the witch gets a magical girl costume, the witch's motivation is changed slightly to include that she wants to be the next queen, and that a new character was added to be her rival.
    this series also got an OVA a year before the TV series aired that adapted the first chapter of the manga.
  • Nanatsuiro Drops - i still have to finish this, but maybe you may want to watch this too. this is about a boy who gets turned into a small animal, and the only way to change himself back is to get a girl to become a magical girl and collect seven rainbow-colored drops. recommending because i hear that the magical girl eventually gets a rival
Sep 20, 2019 10:46 AM
Dec 2018
Fario-P said:
Nour_ said:

Seems like you may want to enter the realm of magical girl anime if you want to watch something like Sugar Sugar Rune...
Your anime list is restricted, so idk what you've seen or read... I'll try suggesting things anyway
  • Ojamajo Doremi - another kid-friendly magical girl anime featuring witches. also has great character development and touches on some sensitive topics (e.g. divorce, loss, etc.) with the care it needs. has four other seasons as well
  • Shugo Chara! - another kid-friendly magical girl anime, this time featuring little fairies born from eggs ("charas") that represents the dreams of a person. a good amount of MAL recommendations between this and sugar sugar rune, so maybe give this a shot if you haven't already
  • Majokko Megu-chan - if you don't mind a show for a bit older audience that was made in the 70s, consider this one. another MAL user has compared sugar sugar rune as this anime's successor, since that they're both anime featuring witches trying hard to be the next queen in their world. it seems that this show is barely subbed, unfortunately.
  • Ultra Maniac - this is another kid-friendly anime about a witch coming to the human world. i've only read the manga, so i dont know how much the anime changed from the source material—the only changes i know were added to the anime was that the witch gets a magical girl costume, the witch's motivation is changed slightly to include that she wants to be the next queen, and that a new character was added to be her rival.
    this series also got an OVA a year before the TV series aired that adapted the first chapter of the manga.
  • Nanatsuiro Drops - i still have to finish this, but maybe you may want to watch this too. this is about a boy who gets turned into a small animal, and the only way to change himself back is to get a girl to become a magical girl and collect seven rainbow-colored drops. recommending because i hear that the magical girl eventually gets a rival

Thanks for your suggestions :D !!
They'll looks to be good enough!
Btw, edited my ANIME List privacy, it is no longer restricted.
Sep 20, 2019 1:19 PM

Jun 2007
Nour_ said:

As the one who translated eps 41-51 of Sugar Sugar Rune, and did some other work on 33-40, I'm glad you enjoyed it. That said, the last 3-4 episodes of SSR are an anime-original ending; the manga has all the conclusion and finality you're looking for.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL

More topics from this board

» Do you take screenshots of Anime

ST63LTH - 1 hour ago

14 by MeguSae38 »»
56 seconds ago

» What is the biggest problem in the world of anime in your opinion?

castle2001 - 12 hours ago

37 by Stygian_Prisoner »»
8 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 )

707supremacist - Yesterday

50 by thewiru »»
11 minutes ago

» we already have anime about 30 year old men so why not anime about 30 year old moms be the next trend?

tappioca - 15 minutes ago

0 by tappioca »»
15 minutes ago

» Are Risqué Anime Bad for the Industry?

Dragevard - 11 hours ago

28 by thewiru »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.