Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2019 11:58 AM

Jun 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This anime was made for western audiences who do not watch Japanese anime. Therefore, it has a more serious and sober style. Certainly most users of this site will not like it. I really liked it because I'm tired of this moe-shonen mood from Japan. It's a great sci-fi action thriller. I recommend.
Rod_RussSep 7, 2019 12:02 PM
Sep 13, 2019 4:08 PM

Jun 2011
Actually I felt this second season was more well written and directed than the first one. The succession of the scenes were well done and the ost was not bad and quite fitted.
Tina was a good character.(or became)

But this ending really... It's just too open... I guess the blond girl is Tina ? She had her face changed by her grandfather maybe.

Hoping for a S3, but this time I wish they won't throw away Tina after all the time spend to develop her... Just like they did with the girl of S1.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2019 10:29 AM

May 2012
Just like the first season I really liked it. In general they should have just waited and released it as a 24 episode series. In general I do quite like the different tone and pacing than your general anime and I do like the conclusion quite a lot.

Not too shabby franchise in general, I do see why not many would like it but for that reason I like it just that bit more as it is different!

All in all a good watch!
Oct 13, 2019 1:43 PM

Dec 2013
Jeez, I'm just glad this is over. I legit fell asleep every other episode with this show. I did get a few good laughs when the officer punched the old guy out of no where. 2/10 would never watch again.
Apr 6, 2020 4:10 PM

Jul 2015
Overall I felt like this was a decent series but a lot of things could have been done better. Like the masks themselves could have been used a lot more in this series. In my opinion the ending of the sidestory with Harry felt kind of as a letdown as he just vanished from the scene. I kind of missed some characters like Sarah even though they don't play any important role in this part compared to the first part, they could have at least mentioned them or something. Also to be honest they could have developed James character a bit since we only know a little bit of his background and personality but nothing is really developed over the course of this entire series. Most of the episodes kind of felt stretched and in my opinion could have been reduced. I kind of appreciate the way they don't show everything and keep certain things as a sort of mystery, fitting the crime story theme.

Aug 28, 2020 4:55 AM

Nov 2019
These extra 9 episodes, along with the stinger at the end of the first 15, honestly have no reason whatsoever to exist.

The exploding plane was a perfect place to end the series; everything else may as well be filler.
Nov 27, 2021 3:05 AM

Mar 2013
While I do like the series, to think we get this fast end at the end... that was disappointing.

I never got to see someone being a "hero" while using the "mask" as the title is hero mask.... -_- I was expecting James to use the "mask" while being the "hero" but meh, I didn't get to see this happening. I enjoyed the ending scene tho even if it's just within seconds. Tina is probably that blonde girl. XD

6-7/10
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 22, 2023 11:10 AM
Feb 2014
I like the opening theme but what the police commissioner? Is it just going to left hanging and what about the guy he was talking too? Will there be another season maybe?🤔

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hero Mask (2019) Episode 3 Discussion

Unkrowned - Apr 5, 2020

1 by L01MK »»
Aug 17, 2023 2:04 PM

Poll: » Hero Mask (2019) Episode 2 Discussion

Unkrowned - Apr 5, 2020

1 by HiddenSilentMe »»
Dec 24, 2020 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hero Mask (2019) Episode 8 Discussion

Unkrowned - Apr 6, 2020

0 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 6, 2020 3:51 PM

Poll: » Hero Mask (2019) Episode 7 Discussion

Unkrowned - Apr 6, 2020

0 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 6, 2020 3:40 PM

Poll: » Hero Mask (2019) Episode 6 Discussion

Unkrowned - Apr 6, 2020

0 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 6, 2020 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.