Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 7, 2019 11:15 AM
Jun 2019
Everyone who just loved the series and want to know more about the plot and world-building I suggest them to watch recently released Live Action of the same name...you can get it on WeTv for free..just search it online..
Its actually quite good and explain mechanism of the glory in depth. Also it gives every characters their time and interesting backstory which will definitely make you love them...Also the CGI used is good and Actors also did a great job..
Watching 12ep+3specials I was just amazed by the animation but after watching Live Action now I know that its not about animation or anything but its story in itself is quite Unique..I know many of you might think that its nothing but MMORPG genre anime which just looks promising in start but later will turn into some harem stuff... but you are quite wrong.
Also .Its not about mmorpg but its about the players...its about professionals .. E-Sports players....Also don't think that its going to be some shit l which starts as a gaming mmorpg anime but later turns into a romcom and then into a Harem....
It sticks to its basic principle throughout the story ..that is about the professionals playing e-sports and how a Veteran makes his comeback...Its about Glory and its Lovers..
Hope u will understand what i mean also sorry for my Grammar and thnx for reading...
#waiting for season 2...
Nxt_ArsenicSep 7, 2019 11:19 AM
Sep 8, 2019 6:30 PM

Mar 2007
The live action is now available in Netflix. 40 episodes. I was shocked at how addictive it was.
Sep 10, 2019 3:20 PM

Nov 2014
I can't agree more. I've never watched a single chinese drama and i rarely even watch Chinese animes. Imagine my surprise when the king's avatar live action is SO FUCKING GOOD i binged A QUARTER of the show in one day cause i just cant put it down! It's addictive! Plus they used motion capture for the gameplay which is ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING and it looks so real so fucking good and immersive the background aren't just still images either, they have background characters moving around doing their own individual things it's super realistic and engaging.

And what i luv even more is the lack of emphasis on romance as gaming and friendship take priority. The girls also treats gaming as more important than dating XD love it!
Sep 10, 2019 9:11 PM

Mar 2007
I started kind of slow and like you ended up binging A Quarter Of The Show in one day as I couldn't stop once I reached 30 and had to watch till the last frame of the last episode 40 before I could sleep. Now watching the anime.

It reminded me of the heyday of MMORGs and friends I still miss. The strong nostalgia of when the MMORG world was still fresh, for me it started with Everquest in 1999. Recruiting matters if you want to keep a guild alive. And Friendship lasts even if you're not in the same city or server, it doesn't matter where you live we all log into the same game world and enjoy our lives there.
Nov 22, 2019 6:09 PM

Apr 2015
hhmmm i rarely watch chinese tv series,i might will try the live action
Feb 3, 2020 10:17 PM

May 2009
I've never seen the drama yet. I tried checking it once but when I learned they changed several stuffs like they can use voice chat, that turned me off. Since I aready finished the novel, I knew how big the change is gonna be. Several interesting matches and character progression made use of the fact that the competition cannot use voice chat.
BUT I absolutely understand if the drama changed it to that because it's gonna be a PITA to show to the audience every chat logs during the battle.

If anyone is interested, read the light novel too.

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Feb 8, 2020 2:46 PM

Oct 2009
I watched the drama first and I really miss the cast, Yang Yang is an excellent Ye Xiu. Right now I'm watching the donghua and if I have time I would like to read the novel someday. It's very interesting to know a story from different points of view.
Feb 9, 2020 12:05 AM
Jun 2019
Yeah..I am also missing the cast....they were so cheerful....

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

NettoAzure - Apr 6, 2017

225 by Rineczka »»
Jan 11, 12:47 PM

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjohn »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bubbletea - Apr 28, 2017

82 by AshleyHawk1 »»
Dec 18, 2022 6:08 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

163 by Nat_V »»
Oct 13, 2022 11:53 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

eplipswich - Jun 15, 2017

148 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 18, 2022 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.