Forum Settings
Forums

Nintendo Direct Coming Soon! Predictions and After Discussion

New
Sep 4, 2019 10:35 AM

Jul 2017
I'm excited but it will be aired on 5 am in my countr. Probably will catch the Direct later. I haven't been following Nintendo news for awhile now and haven't been playing the games at all (I just got Fire Emblem Three Houses and haven't even touched it and I also really really wanna try Astral Chain).

I'm guessing more Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and maybe updates on Metroid? And one big new announcement (Switch Lite???). I heard some rumors about Overwatch but I'm not sure. They did say this will be the biggest Direct of the year (from SpawnWave), but I don't understand how they'll topple E3's Direct. I don't know if my heart and wallet can take it...

deimos96Sep 4, 2019 10:41 AM
Sep 4, 2019 10:42 AM

Jun 2014
They're also supposed to be announcing a special release of "Adult Only" titles that traditionally would never get released on a Nintendo console. Those announcements will be called "Nintendo Erect."

Sep 4, 2019 10:48 AM

Jul 2017
Seiya said:
They're also supposed to be announcing a special release of "Adult Only" titles that traditionally would never get released on a Nintendo console. Those announcements will be called "Nintendo Erect."
Seiya said:

BRUH lmaooo. Your joking right xD
Sep 4, 2019 10:48 AM

Jun 2014
deimos96 said:
Seiya said:
Seiya said:

BRUH lmaooo. Your joking right xD

Nope.

What made you think that I was joking?

Sep 4, 2019 10:50 AM

Mar 2013
I prefer to not hype myself too much but I hope we get news about MonolithSoft and Metroid.
Sep 4, 2019 11:09 AM

Dec 2017
"You asked. We listened. We're bringing back the National Dex... just kidding. Here are some new images of the Pokémon in the game."
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Sep 4, 2019 11:25 AM

Jan 2018
Hyped for all about new Pokemon, more gym leaders and more galarian forms, also hoping for new Eeveelutions!
Sep 4, 2019 1:35 PM

Apr 2010
Reina_Orikasa said:
"You asked. We listened. We're bringing back the National Dex... just kidding. Here are some new images of the Pokémon in the game."

Lol, no way gamefreak goes back on its word.
Sep 4, 2019 2:41 PM

Nov 2013
My guess is a chunk of pokemon, minor metroid update, smt5 revived from the dead, zelda info, animal crossing info,new third party games,a medium sized new announcment,banjo and another smash character.
Moderately high expectations since there are a lot of things that can or should be talked about.

I can see you

Sep 4, 2019 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
first actual hot fire character in the smash DLCs... too bad at the current rate of releases ill only get to play Terry for about 5 minutes before the heat death of the universe
Sep 4, 2019 4:35 PM

Nov 2013
I expected a xenoblade port to the switch, but this announcement made me thoroughly moist. We seem to be getting new content.

More smash fighters is expected, and welcomed.

I'm very curious to see how they will handle the tms port and if it's still ridiculously censored. The jp and en versions share the same cartridge,so both or none might be censored, or it may have a switch depending on language. If jp is affected that will surely piss people off.

I can see you

Sep 4, 2019 4:47 PM

Apr 2010
holy shit, we can make a ton of curry dishes in pokemon now!

I don't think anything really got me excited. It's nice that Tokyo Mirage Sessions is getting ported as I would really hate dusting off the Wii U.
Sep 4, 2019 5:01 PM

Dec 2017
fuck your National Dex. Here is the CURRYDEX instead.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Sep 4, 2019 5:31 PM

Jul 2017
Just waiting for Wii Sports port. but Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games should do for now lol.
Sep 4, 2019 7:21 PM

Sep 2018
I was happy with the direct today, probably the highlight for me were the smash announcements and finding out that toby Fox has beaten sakurai in smash. That must mean we are in the correct timeline

Although sword and shield hasn’t been received well by most people, the announcements for it today were alright
Sep 4, 2019 7:55 PM

Aug 2012
I'm gonna be honest here, i grew up on Neo Geo so when they showed that classic startup and all those fighters i cried a little, just a little. Sakurai, you beautiful sonufabitch!
Sep 4, 2019 8:22 PM

Jul 2017
Overall happy with today's Direct. Still a weird Direct though.

Really excited about smash getting more than the original 5 dlc characters. With all these characters what i'm worried about is how is the next smash gonna top this lol. Sakurai outdoing himself.

Animal Crossing looks great! Crafting seems fun. Should be a nice chill game to come back to during slow hours of my day.

Pokemon? Yeah they didn't sell me on it but i guess curry on rice will do. The character customization seems nice. And that girl character is k-k-k-kawaiiii. Anyway no matter what they say about it i'm buying the game anyway lol. (like everyone else is going to probably)

Xenoblade Chronicles! I have no idea about this series though. Is it chronologically connected? Will there be more stupid thicc blades? Well it seems the game has a nice fandom. If it has a physical release i guess i might get it. I did play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but i never finished it. The story got too weird once i started the later chapters.

No Zelda news though, sad.

No where near as hype as E3's Direct, but ok. Bravo Nintendo.
deimos96Sep 4, 2019 8:28 PM
Sep 4, 2019 9:29 PM

Jul 2019
I'm pretty hyped for Xenoblade Chronicles and Tokyo Mirage Sessions: Encore for the most part.
Sep 5, 2019 7:08 AM

Jan 2018
I am really excited for the Pokemon Sword and Shield new method and new Pokemon, but still shame about not all Pokemon won't be in the games.
Sep 5, 2019 10:52 AM

May 2018
My impressions on the things I cared about:
>Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
I welcome that as my last Nintendo console was the Game Cube so I've never played that game. It's on the "To buy"-list.
>Pokemon SwSh
Whatever. Big PKMN fan but with the removal of a lot of Pokemon plus Mega Evolution, those extras they've shown could not hype me up even a bit.
>Animal Crossing
I'm undecided on that. Never played an Animal Crossing game but as a big Harvest Moon / Stardew Valley fan, it SHOULD be my genre. From the looks of it though, it seems like there is not THAT much to do. Hm.
>SNES library for Nintendo Switch Online
Okay, I might get the online service now. Great inclusion. And we have bombs like Demon's Crest, A Link to the Past, Super Metroid and others on release.

>Everything Smash Ultimate related
- Banjo Kazooie out now! Perfect.
- Terry...okay. I won't bitch about that though since I was super hyped already for Joker, a bit hyped for Banjo and entertained by Hero's inclusion.
- More DLC fighters incoming. Love it. The more fighter's Ultimate gets the better the name "Ultimate" is fitting for that Smash installment. Sakurai himself said this might be the last time having such an impressive roster.
- Sans as MiiGunner skin. I laughed. And am super grateful for having at least an Undertale skin. Especially when it's so high quality, including the Megalovania remix.

One more thought regarding the Smash part. It might just be me but it is defining that the announcement of another fighter pass and the addition of a Mii skin is generating more traffic (especially the sans skin) on the likes of reddit and youtube than the addition of Terry-who.
I said I wouldn't bitch about it but that one thing really baffled me: How these SNK enthusiasts wanted to put that Ryu/Ken wannabe on a high pedestal while downvoting/smacktalked everyone who was disappointed by his inclusion or downright didn't know who this NeoGeo fighter is. In my regard, these so called "Beat 'em Up-gamers" put a really bad light on themselves.
I give that character a chance though. On the fighting-gamer scene, not so much. What a bunch of losers.
ArrRtiSep 5, 2019 10:55 AM

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
27 seconds ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
4 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
5 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
7 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.