Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 25, 2019 6:33 AM

Dec 2018
Oh shit, I was trying to update the other day and it said "Manga Rock is no longer working" but I kinda bypass it. This is big sad, hope they'll find some way around this.
. . .
Sep 25, 2019 6:36 AM

Jan 2015
That's kinda sad. I used mangarock all the time in the past few months.
Sep 26, 2019 8:40 AM

Feb 2017
Gythia said:
It's September 25 and nothing has happened aside from them removing their app from the Play Store, any more news on this?
they decided to keep mangarock running until they get their new legal site up and running. Once that happens then mangarock will be gone. They didn't give a deadline of when that will happen
Sep 26, 2019 8:41 AM

Feb 2017
Preachee said:
Oh shit, I was trying to update the other day and it said "Manga Rock is no longer working" but I kinda bypass it. This is big sad, hope they'll find some way around this.
they are making a new legal subscription based site and will show original content from creators
Sep 26, 2019 9:05 AM

Jan 2019
Well I'm not gonna lie that I read some manga from MangaRock too because it always popped up when you search it on Google but I guess rules are rules. If they shuts down it, then I might to find another source
Sep 27, 2019 7:26 AM

Dec 2018
AllMightY said:
Preachee said:
they are making a new legal subscription based site and will show original content from creators

Wow that's great, would u mind providing me the site's name?
. . .
Sep 27, 2019 9:14 AM

Feb 2017
Preachee said:
AllMightY said:

Preachee said:
AllMightY said:

mrcomics.com is going to be the new site name
Sep 27, 2019 11:17 PM

Dec 2018
AllMightY said:
Preachee said:

Preachee said:

mrcomics.com is going to be the new site name

Thanks a lot! I'll be sure to check out.
. . .
Oct 12, 2019 10:18 PM
Jul 2018
Why is the app still working on my phone without failing? Y'all use the same manga rock right? It does need update but only for proper bug fixes and not obstructing it.
Oct 14, 2019 11:52 PM
Jul 2018
edelgord said:
Why is the app still working on my phone without failing? Y'all use the same manga rock right? It does need update but only for proper bug fixes and not obstructing it.
Yea, it's still working. Asked the same question a few weeks back and apparently they're going to keep MR running until they manage to get MRComics up. No confirmed dates yet tho
Oct 17, 2019 7:57 AM
Dec 2009
Even though I never used MR, it's of course sad that yet another big manga reader goes down. Especially one that I've heard had a good app too.
Feb 21, 2020 5:34 AM
Sep 2015
So, what happened until today:
They stopped online reading on their website
Removed app from playstore and appstore
Removed the Rocks feature (in the app)
But still kept online reading on app for those who have already downloaded it.

But they just announced that they will stop online reading on the app as well in beginning of March. So people can download manga right now and still read it later on, but they won't be able to read new chapters and all.

Time for me to abandon ship and switch over to a new website/app..... But wtf am i supposed to do with my +3000 favourites...? Refavourite them 1 by 1 on the new site? No way in hell.........
Feb 21, 2020 7:53 AM

Jun 2012
KuroHaruto said:

But they just announced that they will stop online reading on the app as well in beginning of March. So people can download manga right now and still read it later on, but they won't be able to read new chapters and all.

Time for me to abandon ship and switch over to a new website/app..... But wtf am i supposed to do with my +3000 favourites...? Refavourite them 1 by 1 on the new site? No way in hell.........
RIP XD

How about just sorting out only those whose still publishing? Btw, is this also going to be the case for the Definitive version?
Feb 21, 2020 8:22 AM
Sep 2015
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
KuroHaruto said:

RIP XD

How about just sorting out only those whose still publishing? Btw, is this also going to be the case for the Definitive version?

Yeah, that's what i was thinking on doing. Like going on the app/site every day, checking the latest updates and favouriting those that i remember reading before.
And yes, they will remove online reading from the definitive app. It was announced today.
Feb 21, 2020 9:02 AM

May 2018
I use manga rock for practically all the manga I read... this is so shit :( I know pirating isnt the best but I cannot afford to NOT pirate manga. I have the app still on my phone, if I dont uninstall it will it stay there?
Feb 21, 2020 11:30 AM

May 2018
@Seijatachiiii

Yes. There will be no updates of course, but that means that it could potentially be more liable in the future to attacks. At least for the time being, you should be fine.
Feb 21, 2020 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
imagine using manga rock.

but anyway I feel like they're heading in the same direction as crunchyroll did with anime. only problem is that manga publishers are so hardarse with licencing of manga online I think
Feb 23, 2020 12:05 PM
Dec 2015
will mangarock definitive be also taken down?
Feb 23, 2020 12:08 PM

Feb 2017
johnmaracigan said:
will mangarock definitive be also taken down?
yes it will be. As of now the mangarock app has stopped working and the website too. I imagine the definitive version will stop sometime soon
Feb 23, 2020 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
As of today the app on my phone is still working. It has a notice at the top saying online reading will be disabled early March. Better read fast I guess. For anyone on IOS there is an app called Manga Reader, I think it's new because I don't remember seeing it before. It sources from different sites. It also seems to have a lot of what's available on Manga Rock.
Feb 24, 2020 12:02 PM
Aug 2016
I hate reading manga from a screen so. no opinion tbh.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

379 by LyLord »»
3 hours ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

22 by Timeline_man »»
3 hours ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Today, 1:00 AM

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

17 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.