Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 28, 2019 12:39 PM
Mar 2016
JFuji said:
So after 100+ replies we still have no concrete evidence that anything in 19 was an asspull?

Interesting.

Asspull or not, it was poorly written.
Sep 28, 2019 12:41 PM
Nov 2015
nutsie said:
JFuji said:
So after 100+ replies we still have no concrete evidence that anything in 19 was an asspull?

Interesting.

Asspull or not, it was poorly written.

This whole show is poorly written in my standart. But I imagine I'm not the demographic which is 12-16 year old japanese boys which have power fantasies.
Sep 28, 2019 12:42 PM

Oct 2018
NecRaul said:
-Aincrad- said:

Oh no, another one of these type of guys.

There's no use of reasonable arguments here.

It's really ironic how you are on of the people you say you "hate" shown in your profile.

Of course with that I was referring to myself, not to people like you by any chance.
Sep 28, 2019 12:44 PM
Nov 2015
Sarcasm doesn't work when you're in the demographic you're joking about.
Sep 28, 2019 12:46 PM
Dec 2017
NecRaul said:

You know, no one is forcing you to watch the show or anything. I mean, why not be a good boy and play nice with everyone.
Sep 28, 2019 12:46 PM

Mar 2018
It not really a matter of whether or not it makes sense, the whole thing does. But as someone said earlier, it's pretty damn convenient.

You know what would have made this scene absolutly perfect ? Show us Tanjirou dancing in episode 1, that's it, it'd have been a nice bit of characterization for him and his family and that'd introduce the idea of him knowing the dance.

That way, when he faces Rui, him remembering it would have affected us as viewers because it would have took us back to episode 1, creating a real bond between us and him. It would have been a great payoff for what was set-up and made him using the fire dance in combat way less farfetched then it is.
Sep 28, 2019 12:47 PM

Aug 2016
NecRaul said:
JFuji said:

Interesting.

It was an asspull. It's identical to YNN's "muh fetus memories" asspull. Tanjirou trained more than a year to learn water breathing and out of blue he does something he saw as a brat and is "good" at it.

Unfortunately it was foreshadowed and not pulled out of thin air. It also didn't win him the fight as he was going to be killed if not saved. It does not fit the definition of an "asspull". Though people are entitled to call it bad writing if they want.
Sep 28, 2019 12:51 PM
Nov 2015
D0Z3R2k said:
NecRaul said:

You know, no one is forcing you to watch the show or anything. I mean, why not be a good boy and play nice with everyone.

I would rather see world burn that be nice to someone who will never be of any use to me.
JFuji said:
NecRaul said:

It was an asspull. It's identical to YNN's "muh fetus memories" asspull. Tanjirou trained more than a year to learn water breathing and out of blue he does something he saw as a brat and is "good" at it.

Unfortunately it was foreshadowed and not pulled out of thin air. It also didn't win him the fight as he was going to be killed if not saved. It does not fit the definition of an "asspull". Though people are entitled to call it bad writing if they want.

Explain please how was that "foreshadowed"?
Florent3571 said:
It not really a matter of whether or not it makes sense, the whole thing does. But as someone said earlier, it's pretty damn convenient.

You know what would have made this scene absolutly perfect ? Show us Tanjirou dancing in episode 1, that's it, it'd have been a nice bit of characterization for him and his family and that'd introduce the idea of him knowing the dance.

That way, when he faces Rui, him remembering it would have affected us as viewers because it would have took us back to episode 1, creating a real bond between us and him. It would have been a great payoff for what was set-up and made him using the fire dance in combat way less farfetched then it is.

Based
Sep 28, 2019 1:07 PM

Aug 2016
NecRaul said:
D0Z3R2k said:

I would rather see world burn that be nice to someone who will never be of any use to me.
JFuji said:

Explain please how was that "foreshadowed"?
Florent3571 said:

Based

Multiple users have posted the answer to that question on the first page of this topic. The problem seems to be that it was too subtle for some people's taste. Which is understandable.
Sep 28, 2019 1:16 PM

May 2015
tanjiro hanafuda.
tanjiro black sword.
muzan scared about the earrings.
the blacksmith said that tanjiro is a child of fire.
tanjiro has difficulty to apprend water breathing because he has fire affinity.
tanjiro saw the movements of the dance as a kid and copied it when he saw his past when facing death.
he already trained the breathing a bit.
he collapsed after doing the hinokami bacause the technique is too heavy for him.
he didn't win.

but they dind't show the dance earlier so it's an asspull.
fuck off.
nanashi796Sep 28, 2019 1:21 PM
Sep 28, 2019 1:18 PM
Jan 2016
NecRaul said:
Gwenze said:

Yes, i would it like more when Anime where niche think too. I had defending demon slayer because I like it, every discussion about was the episode good or not is truly nonsense, because it was truly amazing. I love it. And yet start a discussion how Iskai is with me ok?

KNY is fucking hot garbage. You have watched little to no anime. Your top 10 reeks of normieness. You have no idea what's good or not, you just watch what's popular and can't comprehend a single opinion about any anime by yourself. Let me ask you this. What's so great about KNY that you redeem it as a "masterpiece"?

Yo chill. Everybody has their own opinions, so there no need to go about hating on other people's preferences. If you don't like demon slayer that's your opinion, good for you. No need to bash on someone because they haven't watched as much anime as you, plus this person seems to have only gotten into anime recently since they made their profile only 2 months ago so let them explore the genre.

And come on man, half of your top ten consist of really popular shows and my top ten isn't any better. They're popular because they're good, what's wrong with that?

Oh and what's your opinion on Tenshi no Tamago, FLCL, Yojouhan, and Diebuster? I've been meaning to check them out, but something is preventing me from making the push to watch them. If you can give your opinion why you like them, that would be awesome!
Sep 28, 2019 1:29 PM
Mar 2016
nanashi796 said:
tanjiro hanafuda.
tanjiro black sword.
tanjiro saw the movements of the dance as a kid and copied it when he saw his past when facing death.
he collapsed after doing the hinokami bacause the technique is too heavy for him.
he didn't win.

fuck off.

Was it ever pointed out that he had difficulty learning the water breathing technique because of his afinity? Wasn't it expected to be hard to learn?

Are not all breathing techniques hard to master, no matter your afinity? That is why it felt like an asspull. That, out of the blue, he managed to use a really powerful technique that at no moment in the show did he even wondered it could be useful, even when he was learning the water breathing technique.

Is Tanjiro that dumb?
Sep 28, 2019 1:55 PM
Nov 2015
S0meReGuLaRGuy said:
NecRaul said:

KNY is fucking hot garbage. You have watched little to no anime. Your top 10 reeks of normieness. You have no idea what's good or not, you just watch what's popular and can't comprehend a single opinion about any anime by yourself. Let me ask you this. What's so great about KNY that you redeem it as a "masterpiece"?

Yo chill. Everybody has their own opinions, so there no need to go about hating on other people's preferences. If you don't like demon slayer that's your opinion, good for you. No need to bash on someone because they haven't watched as much anime as you, plus this person seems to have only gotten into anime recently since they made their profile only 2 months ago so let them explore the genre.

And come on man, half of your top ten consist of really popular shows and my top ten isn't any better. They're popular because they're good, what's wrong with that?

Oh and what's your opinion on Tenshi no Tamago, FLCL, Yojouhan, and Diebuster? I've been meaning to check them out, but something is preventing me from making the push to watch them. If you can give your opinion why you like them, that would be awesome!

Tenshi no Tamago is a out of this world experience and isn't like any anime. It resembles Blame! (manga) in a way because both choose to express their stories. You might not enjoy it in your first watch but be patient and try to watch and observe little details.
Diebuster is a continuation to Gunbuster which I am not a big fan of but still can appreciate because it gave life to NGE and EOE.
Yojouhan is really easy to watch as a new watcher but also enjoyable if you have been fan of the medium for quite some time. It's a fantastic adaptation of a really good book and anime gives the book life in some way.
FLCL is really hit or miss I guess. It's best if you watch it in certain period in your life because it makes sense more that way. You can still enjoy it if that's not the case too by the way. It is that good of a anime.

nanashi796 said:
tanjiro hanafuda.
tanjiro black sword.
he didn't win.

fuck off.

>black sword
How the fuck do those have any correlation to what I'm talking about?
>tanjiro saw the movements of the dance as a kid
Just split seconds before he did them which by my definition is a fucking asspull. They added a flashback out of the blue so that he could do something he never did before.
>tanjiro has difficulty to apprend water breathing because he has fire affinity.
No, it is difficult to learn breathing any kind of breathing. Otherwise why wouldn't ever single person learn it? Because it takes dedication and hard-work regardless if you have affinity or not.
>he already trained the breathing a bit.
When exactly?
>he collapsed after doing the hinokami bacause the technique is too heavy for him.
No, he collapsed because of changing breathing technique in middle of doing it.
>but they dind't show the dance earlier so it's an asspull.
No they didn't and more importantly it's hard to learn a breathing technique and nobody can do it just by "seeing" it.

Mod edit: removed abuse, fixed double post
BarnaldSep 28, 2019 10:43 PM
Sep 28, 2019 2:22 PM

Mar 2018
S0meReGuLaRGuy said:
And yeah my comment was sarcasm. I was making fun of your argument. The kasugai crows is a literal surveillance network controlled by the head of the demon corps that spans all of Japan. Tanjiro's crow literally shows up at the end of episode 5 telling him to head north because girls are vanishing in a village there.

How is that making fun of my argument when my argument was that it's kinda stupid that they know so much about demons (have demon allies and safehouses) but not their own history. All you did was point out something I already knew, that they have a system to control demons, it has no relevance to what I said. If anything, it supports my argument.

Also, is it too hard to believe that the government covers up the existence of demons. Governments hide information from the general public all the time. And if your argument is that thousands of people are dying, well seems I have to break the news to you but those are rookie numbers of avg deaths for even a day. In the US an avg of 7000 people die a day, and in japan per population of 1000 people an avg of 9.8 people die per year. Japans population is over 100,000,000, and probably even higher back in the taisho period before the world wars and declining birth rates. That's a lot of death, so thousands dying isn't really anything abnormal. On top of that demons only come out at night, where activity level for humans is usually lower since...they're sleeping. And there's a good chance that most humans that encounter a demon are killed, so it's kind of hard to spread rumors about the existence of demons.

Basically, I'm stupid because in my experience this series didn't do enough to suspend my disbelief. I'm 100% your spoilers won't refute my own personal experience broski. I've already talked with other users before in episode discussions and have seen how others have conversed. It's nothing but personal preferences, the setting is not fleshed out, it's just visually stunning and attractive to people.

Really though? Thousands, maybe millions already, we don't know. It was said they've existed for centuries. Let's not forget demons use magic and demon slayers have superhuman strength, and fight in front of regular people. If the setting made sense, 100% that some people would go corrupt after finding out techniques to become superhuman.

:edit

>makes fun of my argument
> brings up death statistics, where the cause of death is usally known. the lack of self-awareness.

people will take matters into their own hands when so many go missing or are found death.

@Tohsaka_Rukia

1.Yeah I know Muzan was the one who did it, I never said they got attacked by multiple demons. So that certain someone didn't notify the demon corps or tell them to live somewhere else to not get killed by demons, but thought it was a good idea to pass down a technique

2.I don't know why Giyu was there, was it because he knew they were valuable or did a crow tell him there was an attack? Guess I'll find out later

3.The story presents a moral dilemma to try and live with demons, doesn't make much sense when 99% of them are fucked in the head

4. We as a viewer have to accept no one in the area gave a shit about a murder house, and that children don't tell their relatives their brother got taken to that place, like what, iirc around a hundred died there

EsquirtitSep 28, 2019 3:14 PM
poop
Sep 28, 2019 2:24 PM

May 2015
NecRaul said:
nanashi796 said:
tanjiro hanafuda.
tanjiro black sword.
he didn't win.

fuck off.

>black sword
How the fuck do those have any correlation to what I'm talking about?
>tanjiro saw the movements of the dance as a kid
Just split seconds before he did them which by my definition is a fucking asspull. They added a flashback out of the blue so that he could do something he never did before.
>tanjiro has difficulty to apprend water breathing because he has fire affinity.
No, it is difficult to learn breathing any kind of breathing. Otherwise why wouldn't ever single person learn it? Because it takes dedication and hard-work regardless if you have affinity or not.
>he already trained the breathing a bit.
When exactly?
>he collapsed after doing the hinokami bacause the technique is too heavy for him.
No, he collapsed because of changing breathing technique in middle of doing it.
>but they dind't show the dance earlier so it's an asspull.
No they didn't and more importantly it's hard to learn a breathing technique and nobody can do it just by "seeing" it.
>fuck off
Kill yourself darling

-the black sword is an important thing,if he had water affinity then the sword should be blue,the sword turn black for a reason
-tanjiro already learned the dance as a kid watching his father,he didnt' know that was a technique,when facing death he used the movement by instinct
-he can't use the full potential of water breathing because he doesn't have affinity to it,he has affinity with fire
-he trained the breathing in urokodaki training
-and because his body and breath dind't have the strenght to perform the hinokami
-even him didn't know how he managed to do that technique,he remembered his father doing the dance and copied the movements,it's not impossible since he already learned the breath of water and know how to breath,everybody can copy movements.

nanashi796Sep 28, 2019 2:29 PM
Sep 28, 2019 8:03 PM
Jan 2016
@Esquirtit
Again your arguments are contrived of assumptions and ignorance. You've literally seen 20% of the story so far, and most of your arguments is stuff that the story gets to in a bit or later down the line.

Just don't even bother replying, since you can't seem to come up with a good argument or even properly refute mine.

Basically, I'm stupid

This was by far the most factual thing you have said in our conversations.

It'll be explained in the future, but it's still going to be vague and illogical, that's a given lol. Don't need to read spoilers for that.

This is the proof to back it up, since this is by far the most ignorant thing some one could say in an argument. Congrats.
Sep 28, 2019 10:47 PM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread locked

It's been derailed enough and will only continue to be derailed into back and forth arguments between people who liked the show and ones that disliked it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.