Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 13, 2019 10:15 AM

Jan 2015
• We knew Nezuko and Tanjirou were different from the very start, it was mentioned in the 1st episode.
• Then Nezuko, it was mentioned many times, that she was also special amongst other demons, so you shouldn’t be surprised if she had some kind of powers (the blood demon art technique, is a technique that only demons closely related to Kibutsuji have. It was also said A LOT of times that Nezuko had been given a lot of blood from him. So why you surprised tho).
• We knew absolutely NOTHING about the Kamado family, other than that there was something special about its family. Everyone getting slaughtered by Muzan is already a sign. So don’t be surprised if Tanjrou’s father knew some kind of hidden technique. We don’t even know HOW he died, and considering the age, I doubt he died from aging. YES, it was said that his body was very fragile, but not even once was it explained how he died.
• When Muzan and Tanjrou saw each other, Muzan clearly recognized the earrings Tanjrou was wearing, meaning some kind of connection to something. In this case, if you have some brain, you can imagine that Tanjirou’s ancestors were a treat to Muzan for some hidden reasons. MEANING, Tanjirou can be in one way or another to demons.
• Then we have the blade. Haganezuka referred tanjirou as a “child of fire” or something like that, so it was to be expected that he had some kind of fire powers.
• Then we have Shinobu mentioning the life or death situation, foreshadowing the last part of the episode (and explaining Zenitsu’s flashbacks).

Was it not foreshadowed enough? This is a clear sign many people ain’t paying attention to the show, calling it as an “asspull”. Or maybe they’ve even noticed all of this. But the thing is, when a show is getting praised more than their favorite anime, people be complaining about everything, trying to find faults everywhere. You guys are ridiculous.
Thanks for reading
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 13, 2019 10:38 AM
Jul 2019
The only thing can say is, watch this video.

https://youtu.be/ts8CuW9F4QY
Aug 13, 2019 10:50 AM

Jan 2018
I don't know how people can call it an "asspull".
Aug 13, 2019 10:58 AM
Jul 2019
Ak18reh-man said:
I don't know how people can call it an "asspull".

I agree with you,the best defence we can do is show the haters this video and it will change their mind, because they understand. It will bring them back to the front of the Waifu war, to fight Nezuko the girl of the season.
She wouldn't get girl of the year, chica is to strong. Nobody resist against cicas lovely charm.
Aug 13, 2019 11:32 AM
Aug 2019
You are right that it is not an asspull .but your explanation is wrong..let me explain and if someone tell you guys its an asspull just copy my statement..
1. In ep 19 you can see flashback where tanhiro play with nezuko..he is actually dancing..so here we know tanjiro already learn how to dance
2. In ep 19 again.. tanjiro father said he will pass down 2 things which is the earring and the dance ritual..so looking that tanjiro wear the earring mean he also know how to dance.
3. Back to ep where tanjiro training..i dont remember what episode..urodoki taught tanjiro what important is the form..so everyone can do the technique tanjiro do if they know the dance, but the dance is something hard and tanjiro been practicing since he was a kid.
4. So here we know he can use the technique if he know how to use the concentration breathing ..but he didnt use it before because he thought the dance only for ritual..i got a lot more reason to give..but some of the reason might be spoiler..sorry for the terrible english
Aug 13, 2019 1:08 PM

Jul 2013
People just want to be force-fed information, as in word-by-word, 10 episodes before the big reveal so they can call it "foreshadowing" even though KnY already did it subtly.
Aug 13, 2019 2:41 PM
FMAB is the BEST

Aug 2017
Xenocrisi said:
• We knew Nezuko and Tanjirou were different from the very start, it was mentioned in the 1st episode.
• Then Nezuko, it was mentioned many times, that she was also special amongst other demons, so you shouldn’t be surprised if she had some kind of powers (the blood demon art technique, is a technique that only demons closely related to Kibutsuji have. It was also said A LOT of times that Nezuko had been given a lot of blood from him. So why you surprised tho).
• We knew absolutely NOTHING about the Kamado family, other than that there was something special about its family. Everyone getting slaughtered by Muzan is already a sign. So don’t be surprised if Tanjrou’s father knew some kind of hidden technique. We don’t even know HOW he died, and considering the age, I doubt he died from aging. YES, it was said that his body was very fragile, but not even once was it explained how he died.
• When Muzan and Tanjrou saw each other, Muzan clearly recognized the earrings Tanjrou was wearing, meaning some kind of connection to something. In this case, if you have some brain, you can imagine that Tanjirou’s ancestors were a treat to Muzan for some hidden reasons. MEANING, Tanjirou can be in one way or another to demons.
• Then we have the blade. Haganezuka referred tanjirou as a “child of fire” or something like that, so it was to be expected that he had some kind of fire powers.
• Then we have Shinobu mentioning the life or death situation, foreshadowing the last part of the episode (and explaining Zenitsu’s flashbacks).

Was it not foreshadowed enough? This is a clear sign many people ain’t paying attention to the show, calling it as an “asspull”. Or maybe they’ve even noticed all of this. But the thing is, when a show is getting praised more than their favorite anime, people be complaining about everything, trying to find faults everywhere. You guys are ridiculous.
Thanks for reading

Pretty much every single shonen Manga ever has asspulls so......
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
Aug 13, 2019 2:41 PM
FMAB is the BEST

Aug 2017
Xenocrisi said:

Thanks for reading

Pretty much every single shonen Manga ever has asspulls so......
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
Aug 13, 2019 7:31 PM

Jan 2009
its an asspull in a sense that why now? dance of the fire god is about breathing techniques too and he was training for like more than a year on water breathing so why he did not mention he can do other breathing style

he does not even have amnesia for it too but im not complaining though its not an obvious or just a lite version of asspull anyway
Aug 13, 2019 8:13 PM
Mar 2016
Asspull or not, I'd rather call it poor writing or story telling. You're trying to defend what happened in episode 19, but the reality is that you are making a bunch of assumptions. The reality is that information is conveniently ignored or brushed aside.

I think it's important to separate how good Kimetsu no Yaiba looks and sounds from how it's written.

Yes, it's a shounen, but I'd wish it would be more consistent.
Aug 13, 2019 8:32 PM
Jan 2019
Nope dude, there is NO asspulls in this episode. Its common for shounen genre to have some power-up moments and it was perfect in this anime. If u want to talk about asspulls then talk to aot when reiner didnt die and armin still alive after burned and fell like that lmao
Aug 13, 2019 10:28 PM

May 2014
I wouldn't call it asspull because it was indeed foreshadowed. But there're still some minor things that were too convenient IMO:

-Remembering the dance in a life or death situation is a thing, but not mentioning Kamado family had this custom until that moment makes all the "Remembering the dance" a little bit convenient. I mean, we were subtly foreshadowed about remembering in a life or death situation, but the fact this had to be specifically a dance previously taught by his father was kind of out of nowhere. Since we're talking about how this sequence was subtly foreshadowed, something like Tanjiro casually saying somewhat like "You know? my father used to perform a traditional dance" in previous chapters would have been enough and would have made this life or death situation look more "natural" IMO.

-Of course Nezuko having a blood demon art technique was expected, but this technique by itself and how it worked, the fact she apparently knew how to properly use it and the specific moment of the fight when she used it (there were other moments when they were in real danger too) were... well, too convenient.

Again, I wouldn't call those as asspulls, but I wouldn't say the whole sequence was perfect. Also, why are you being so aggresive and assuming everyone who complains is someone pissed off because a show is getting praised more than his favorite anime? Following that logic I might assume you're on the defensive because you want your favorite anime getting all possible praising and no criticism at all
Rhapsody-Aug 13, 2019 10:41 PM
Aug 13, 2019 10:32 PM

Jan 2011
But you see, the dance was always there in the ED.

:>
Aug 13, 2019 10:34 PM

Jan 2009
ye Nezuko having a blood demon art is not an asspull since special demons have that and Nezuko is one special demon anyway
Aug 14, 2019 12:14 AM

May 2015
people needs to understand that not everything needs to be foreshadowed,too much foreshadow isn't a good thing,i'd rather be surprised when i see a thing that not be because i know that thing already,there was no need to foreshadow the dance,there are already a lot,if they foreshadowed it the flashback would have lost all the impact.
nanashi796Aug 14, 2019 12:19 AM
Aug 14, 2019 10:24 AM

May 2009
There is no asspull since

Aug 14, 2019 4:11 PM

Feb 2019
Xenocrisi said:

Thanks for reading

Isn`t that always the case? Some of the users here thinks they can write better story.
Aug 14, 2019 4:16 PM

Mar 2018
It's not an asspull but still a dumb power up. I like how in the episode discussions I never called it an asspull but people still went crazy and said it makes sense.. it only does so because the story is trash and illogical

@cockblockpolice lmao you're one hell of a typical fanboy, sorry but the power system here is easily one of the most poorly thought out ones, it's as dumb as the setting of this universe.

how are those parts of AoT even asspulls?

It's quite funny you think these are asspulls when they are clearly logical within its universe. Unlike KnY where breath techniques and dances learned as a child when you weren't even aware of their powers and usage somehow enhance your power when remembering them in a flashback. Tanjirou trained for years after losing his family yet never remembered it before. Dogshit story and pretty much a lite asspull to be honest. How was his dad even unaware of demons existing? Considering his background it just doesn't make sense
EsquirtitAug 14, 2019 4:42 PM
poop
Aug 14, 2019 8:16 PM
Jun 2015
I mean it wasn't all asspull, but it was a pretty convenient time.
Aug 14, 2019 9:19 PM

Apr 2016
I am gonna repost what i posted in the other thread for this @nutsie guy and the others looking for justification.

I am surprised no body bothered to write a proper explanation yet, I suppose i would have to be the one to take the pains to write it. *sigh*

Now i will explain everything about the the fight..

So, first Tanjiro was able to cut through the (regular/normal) strings with water breathing because as mentioned in the episode itself that the 10th form gets stronger with each rotation.(also why tanjiro couldn't stop later)

and now about all the foreshadowing of Hinokami:-
1) First off the main character Tanjiro has Red-ish Eye and Hair so you would expect his powers to be related to red/fire while he had water powers
2) Secondly it was mentioned that tanjiro was something like 'child of fire' so you would expect him to have powers related to fire as mentioned by others
3) Also Haganezuka mentioned that he expected tanjiro to have crimson blade and that the color of blades can change(also that the one's with black sword don't live long) so i expected the color of his sword to change anyway though not so soon
4) When Kibutsuji sent his goons to find tanjiro, he said, find the boy with 'hanada(idr the spelling) earrings', implying that he had some connection with those earrings
5) Also in case someone brings up nezuko's mother waking her up then we have already been shown that spirits can sometimes be seen to help or guide you.

Also I think it had a good enough enough set up for it, the entire arc was about familial bonds and it were the familial bonds which helped our main characters overcome their struggles Tanjrio had his father(he inherited the power from his family via earring and kagura), Nezuka had her Mother, Zenitsu had his master and Inosuke didn't have any familiar bonds before he met with tanjiro and co. and he was losing..

I would even say this is subtle foreshadowing at its finest. There was enough foreshadowing and the set up was perfect.

PS:- Other things i forgot to mention are:-

1) In the opening it says something along the lines that 'I will let the Crimson Lotus grow'
2) Another thing I found just now that in the ending tanjiro's father was wearing the same earrring while tanjiro wasn't implying that it was a family earring since the show began
Alex_AmorAug 14, 2019 9:40 PM
Aug 15, 2019 12:58 AM

May 2015
Esquirtit said:
It's not an asspull but still a dumb power up. I like how in the episode discussions I never called it an asspull but people still went crazy and said it makes sense.. it only does so because the story is trash and illogical

@cockblockpolice lmao you're one hell of a typical fanboy, sorry but the power system here is easily one of the most poorly thought out ones, it's as dumb as the setting of this universe.

It's quite funny you think these are asspulls when they are clearly logical within its universe. Unlike KnY where breath techniques and dances learned as a child when you weren't even aware of their powers and usage somehow enhance your power when remembering them in a flashback. Tanjirou trained for years after losing his family yet never remembered it before. Dogshit story and pretty much a lite asspull to be honest. How was his dad even unaware of demons existing? Considering his background it just doesn't make sense
lol no, armin staying alive after a 10-20 meter fall is plot armor,with a 20 meters fall your bones doesn't exist anymore, it's almost impossible to survive and he was burned a lot too so don't say that it is normal that he survived, he should have died in an instant,with all his bone broken,that's called plot armor,1 plot armor for story's sake isn't a bad thing,too much yes,and btw snk have much more plot armor than kimetsu,there is even a chapter called human and demons that say that humans have limits and if humans were able to win with rage and emotions,demons at this time no longer existed anymore,kimetsu doesn't have plot armor,asspull or anything like that,thats why it is one of the best shounen ever created,and the best ongoing shonen atm.
nanashi796Aug 15, 2019 1:18 AM
Aug 15, 2019 1:04 AM

Jan 2009
also in later parts of the manga i remember that Tanjiro says
Aug 15, 2019 1:20 AM

Apr 2018
Tbh asspull or not it doesnt really matter for me because
Aug 15, 2019 1:58 AM

Sep 2017
nanashi796 said:
Esquirtit said:

lol no, armin staying alive after a 10-20 meter fall is plot armor,with a 20 meters fall your bones doesn't exist anymore, it's almost impossible to survive and he was burned a lot too so don't say that it is normal that he survived, he should have died in an instant,with all his bone broken,that's called plot armor,1 plot armor for story's sake isn't a bad thing,too much yes,and btw snk have much more plot armor than kimetsu,there is even a chapter called human and demons that say that humans have limits and if humans were able to win with rage and emotions,demons at this time no longer existed anymore,kimetsu doesn't have plot armor,asspull or anything like that,thats why it is one of the best shounen ever created,and the best ongoing shonen atm.
umm if u say kimetsu doesnt have plot armor i think wrong, lets pick one example: how is possible for inosuke to survived after his head getting squeezed like that? his skulls should have been crushed and after that he is just fine like nothing happened
Aug 15, 2019 2:11 AM

May 2015
zalapeno said:
nanashi796 said:
umm if u say kimetsu doesnt have plot armor i think wrong, lets pick one example: how is possible for inosuke to survived after his head getting squeezed like that? his skulls should have been crushed and after that he is just fine like nothing happened
he was squeezing his throat,he have throat damage and vocal cord damage,he shouted and make his vocal cord damage even worse,you'll see in a few episodes,and btw inosuke have bones flexibility,giyuu saved him at the last moment,inosuke is a idiot that don't think about his wounds,as giyuu stated he was badly wounded.
nanashi796Aug 15, 2019 2:19 AM
Aug 15, 2019 3:04 AM
Dec 2014
Still an asspull my dear friend
H-X-HAug 15, 2019 3:49 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2019 3:45 AM
Oct 2013
Tanjiro didn't thought of the dance as a breath, it was just a ritual done every year by his father before he dies (Tanjiro forget about it), that's why he didn't mention it when Urokodaki tought him water breath.
The flashback brought back his memories of the dance and he just applied it as a breath, still it's a power up in the middle of the fight but it's done very well in a logical way.
Aug 15, 2019 6:39 AM
Oct 2018
It's kinda an asspull

It was a poor writing and a dumb power up
Ufotable just make it looks so good enough to make just forget about how dumb the both moments of tanjiro and nizuko

It's one of the most overrated episodes ever and DS is obviously an overrated show

All your explanation are assumptions, what make it a bad moment , the writer just make this happens without any hinting in previous episodes and it's a fuckin bad thing to do

I was just laughing of how stupid this fight's was
UchihakiraAug 15, 2019 6:45 AM
Aug 15, 2019 7:54 AM

Aug 2017
how the fuck that wasn't an asspull? when you talk about a family's tradition, you think that this is something that you wouldn't forget so easily becasue you're going to pass it for your sons, right? but then ep 19 happens
between life and death, our good boy tanjirou remember about a cool dance that was never mentioned before but according to ep 19, it was a family tradition, and for god's sake in reality it was'nt just a dance, it was a dance who requires to breath like the fucking wim hof and he, almost being dead, he decides to try that respiration without any garantee that was going to work, but we are talking about an asspull so everything goes fine
Aug 15, 2019 10:46 AM

Dec 2018
virg0 said:
how the fuck that wasn't an asspull? when you talk about a family's tradition, you think that this is something that you wouldn't forget so easily becasue you're going to pass it for your sons, right? but then ep 19 happens
between life and death, our good boy tanjirou remember about a cool dance that was never mentioned before but according to ep 19, it was a family tradition, and for god's sake in reality it was'nt just a dance, it was a dance who requires to breath like the fucking wim hof and he, almost being dead, he decides to try that respiration without any garantee that was going to work, but we are talking about an asspull so everything goes fine

Tanjiro looked like he was five or six in the flashback. Do you remember every single thing that happened at that age? I certainly don't. And it is certainly NOT just a dance if you paid attention to all the hints in previous episodes. Kibutsuji had a very pronounced reaction to Tanjiro's earrings, which are apparently a family heirloom... My guess is someone in his family line is a prominent demon slayer
Aug 15, 2019 11:16 AM
Jul 2019
Gwenze said:
The only thing can say is, watch this video.

https://youtu.be/ts8CuW9F4QY

His voice and shouting give me a headache.
Aug 15, 2019 11:43 AM
Sep 2018
It wasn't an asspull however it does seem forced. I think they should have stretched the fight to make it more realistic.

That dance was a nice touch, though.
Aug 15, 2019 12:17 PM

May 2018
Lmao at these KnY fanboys defending what is clearly an asspull power up. Just because the characters are "specials" doesn't change this fact.
Aug 15, 2019 12:39 PM

Dec 2018
Only_Brad said:
Lmao at these KnY fanboys defending what is clearly an asspull power up. Just because the characters are "specials" doesn't change this fact.

Obviously didn't bother to watch the entire anime while paying attention or read anything anyone says in the forum.
Aug 15, 2019 12:52 PM

May 2015
Anyone calling this an asspull is blind.

Aug 15, 2019 1:04 PM

Jul 2019
Surprising? Yes. Asspull? No, too much foreshadowing. I bet its gonna be an 'asspull' again when we get to know more about the family background, the scar and why his headbutt could even hurt a demon.

The anime simply had one very strong episode and suddenly its getting called out for all sorts of reasons. Just to put things in perspective. For some this show is now this years blender while at the same time Enen no Shobutai has for 6 episodes now mainly been praised for visuals.
Aug 15, 2019 2:42 PM
Sep 2018
cockblockpolice said:
Nope dude, there is NO asspulls in this episode. Its common for shounen genre to have some power-up moments and it was perfect in this anime. If u want to talk about asspulls then talk to aot when reiner didnt die and armin still alive after burned and fell like that lmao

It would seem you have made it your habit to bring in AoT out of nowhere for no apparent reason. Seems you are too butthurt to see KnY much below than Aot. But you know you can calm your tits, will ya? Since kny has no chance of reaching that score which you wish and obviously once it is finished airing you are going to see a decline only in its score which always happens with any series airing.
Aug 15, 2019 3:03 PM

Oct 2018
attacktitan_01 said:
cockblockpolice said:

It would seem you have made it your habit to bring in AoT out of nowhere for no apparent reason. Seems you are too butthurt to see KnY much below than Aot. But you know you can calm your tits, will ya? Since kny has no chance of reaching that score which you wish and obviously once it is finished airing you are going to see a decline only in its score which always happens with any series airing.

For real. I don't think it's fair to compare the two shows since they are both their own unique qualities. I don't know what score this anime will end with but the fanbase is definitely growing. There are going to be a few idiots flying off the handle while riding this hype. As for my part, I will continue watching. Also, I don't think 3-gatsu no lion 2nd season has had a score change after airing...like ever.

Aug 15, 2019 3:04 PM
Oct 2018
attacktitan_01 said:
cockblockpolice said:

if you take a look you will see that most of the critics is coming from aot fans.As for the score, you can't compare anime in his first season to anime in his third season.
SamoanAug 15, 2019 3:31 PM
Aug 15, 2019 3:43 PM

Mar 2014
Yup thats the MAL community for ya, nothing can never be too good without a certain complaint.

"Asspull" there was no such thing in this episode, thank you OP for pointing this out with evidence. I understand you anime-onlys are amaze by the animations and fights but hello stop for a second and FOCUS, the keyword is Focus here on the details and lore that the anime is presenting.

Oh and let's not forget that this is common thing in Shonens when in the heat of the moment (No pun intended) the protagonist will take out a newfound attack/transformation when all seems lost.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 15, 2019 6:59 PM

Dec 2018
virg0 said:
ShanAsuna said:
Do you remember every single thing that happened at that age? I certainly don't

focus on the word TRADITION and explain me how he was going to pass it ahead if he didn't remember her? I thought that a tradition is something that you refines all your life and pass to your sons, not something that you're going to forgot easily like this

And it is certainly NOT just a dance if you paid attention to all the hints in previous episodes.

which hints the previous episodes had about the dance? I don't remember anything

It's not a tradition. The father said the earrings and the dance at least, must be passed on to you (Tanjiro). It was a wish, probably a dying one because he looked so frail in the flashback. Childhood memories are embedded in our subconscience, thats why Tanjiro didn't consciously remember that memory but in his "near-death" moment, the memory was drawn from his subconscience. This sort of "drawing out memories in the subconscience in pressurising/stimulating moments" are nothing new in the storylines of movies/books/animes. I.e. Anastasia, the Mummy 2 (heck, this one even involves memories of past lives)

There's a reason why a hint is called a hint and not a statement. If the anime went ahead and just told you upfront Tanjiro learned the dance, then the surprise is ruined. The fact that Tanjiro's family worked with fire and his earrings suggest a powerful demon slayer in the family are HINTS , not in-your-face information blast.

Seriously, there's no ass-pull in ep 19 KNY. The only things getting pulled out of asses are these nonsensical criticism about this non-existent "asspull"
ShanAsunaAug 15, 2019 7:04 PM
Aug 15, 2019 7:43 PM
Sep 2018
Samoan said:
attacktitan_01 said:

if you take a look you will see that most of the critics is coming from aot fans.As for the score, you can't compare anime in his first season to anime in his third season.

Just because someone has scored aot hight does not mean they have to be only Aot fan, like I am aot fan, but also a steins gate , deathnote, code geass, fmab fan so saying critics are mostly aot fans doesn't make sense people have preferences and if they are criticizing that doesn't mean they are criticizing because they are fan of certain anime and not this one. I am not comparing score of Aot s3.5 and Kny 1st season, that guy constantly bring Aot without the need, and his previous posts also continue to suggest that how seriously he is affected by high aot s3.5 score and disappointed by kny current score that's why I said that.
zerotitanAug 15, 2019 8:00 PM
Aug 15, 2019 7:59 PM
Sep 2018
ThousandCuts said:
attacktitan_01 said:

For real. I don't think it's fair to compare the two shows since they are both their own unique qualities. I don't know what score this anime will end with but the fanbase is definitely growing. There are going to be a few idiots flying off the handle while riding this hype. As for my part, I will continue watching. Also, I don't think 3-gatsu no lion 2nd season has had a score change after airing...like ever.

Well, in case of 3-gatsu no lion you can see the no. of members and ratings dropped by almost half from S1 to S2 which suggests only people which were invested in the series or are fans continued watching that's why score never changed during airing or after finished airing. People say the same for aot S3.5 having hight score but that doesn't seem fair as after a 4 long years gap between S1 and S2 a lot of hype and popularity died out, Aot s3 and Aot 3.5 are very recent so to gather a big community like S1 they should be given that much time also, not that popularity will reach to the levels of S1 but surely it is increasing even now. In 3-gatsu no lion there was just a 6 months gap between S1 and S2 still no. of ratings dropped to half. As for drop in ratings, you can see jump in the score of kny after recent episode that's what hype can do, It happened to aot. During airing s1 even reached 9 but you can see where it is now.
Aug 15, 2019 8:11 PM

Dec 2018
attacktitan_01 said:

Just because someone has scored aot hight does not mean they have to be only Aot fan, like I am aot fan, but also a steins gate , deathnote, code geass, fmab fan so saying critics are mostly aot fans doesn't make sense people have preferences and if they are criticizing that doesn't mean they are criticizing because they are fan of certain anime and not this one. I am not comparing score of Aot s3.5 and Kny 1st season, that guy constantly bring Aot without the need, and his previous posts also continue to suggest that how seriously he is affected by high aot s3.5 score and disappointed by kny current score that's why I said that.

If your name wasn't "attacktitan_01" this would sound a lot more convincing.
Aug 15, 2019 8:17 PM
Sep 2018
ShanAsuna said:
attacktitan_01 said:

If your name wasn't "attacktitan_01" this would sound a lot more convincing.

Check out my profile , you can validate what I said and name doesn't mean anything. Aot, deathnote, steins gate, code geass are all in my favourites. I clearly said I am fan of aot but also others, you can't imply since my name is aot related I am only aot fan, that's absurd.
zerotitanAug 15, 2019 11:40 PM
Aug 15, 2019 11:18 PM

Apr 2016
Alex_Amor said:
I am gonna repost what i posted in the other thread for this @nutsie guy and the others looking for justification.

I am surprised no body bothered to write a proper explanation yet, I suppose i would have to be the one to take the pains to write it. *sigh*

Now i will explain everything about the the fight..

So, first Tanjiro was able to cut through the (regular/normal) strings with water breathing because as mentioned in the episode itself that the 10th form gets stronger with each rotation.(also why tanjiro couldn't stop later)

and now about all the foreshadowing of Hinokami:-
1) First off the main character Tanjiro has Red-ish Eye and Hair so you would expect his powers to be related to red/fire while he had water powers
2) Secondly it was mentioned that tanjiro was something like 'child of fire' so you would expect him to have powers related to fire as mentioned by others
3) Also Haganezuka mentioned that he expected tanjiro to have crimson blade and that the color of blades can change(also that the one's with black sword don't live long) so i expected the color of his sword to change anyway though not so soon
4) When Kibutsuji sent his goons to find tanjiro, he said, find the boy with 'hanada(idr the spelling) earrings', implying that he had some connection with those earrings
5) Also in case someone brings up nezuko's mother waking her up then we have already been shown that spirits can sometimes be seen to help or guide you.

Also I think it had a good enough enough set up for it, the entire arc was about familial bonds and it were the familial bonds which helped our main characters overcome their struggles Tanjrio had his father(he inherited the power from his family via earring and kagura), Nezuka had her Mother, Zenitsu had his master and Inosuke didn't have any familiar bonds before he met with tanjiro and co. and he was losing..

I would even say this is subtle foreshadowing at its finest. There was enough foreshadowing and the set up was perfect.

PS:- Other things i forgot to mention are:-

1) In the opening it says something along the lines that 'I will let the Crimson Lotus grow'
2) Another thing I found just now that in the ending tanjiro's father was wearing the same earrring while tanjiro wasn't implying that it was a family earring since the show began

To all those who missed this or purposely ignored as it contains all the answers^^

Infact I would say the power of fire/sun of tanjiro has had the most foreshadowing since the first episode since his character design itself has RED-ish eye and hair and his earrings has a design of SUN above the waves and these are all the distinctive features of the character shown from the very first episode. Read the quote above for more details.
Aug 16, 2019 3:33 PM
Jun 2017
Found this in the wiki that may help explain why this isn't an asspull:

Therefore
Aug 16, 2019 3:40 PM
Jun 2017
virg0 said:
ShanAsuna said:

It's not a tradition. The father said the earrings and the dance at least, must be passed on to you (Tanjiro). It was a wish, probably a dying one because he looked so frail in the flashback.

It really is a tradition and was said in the flashback. They do the dance and pray every year for Hinokami because they work with fire and he would ward off injuries and disasters, that's why i said that something like that would be hard to forgot

There's a reason why a hint is called a hint and not a statement. If the anime went ahead and just told you upfront Tanjiro learned the dance, then the surprise is ruined. The fact that Tanjiro's family worked with fire and his earrings suggest a powerful demon slayer in the family are HINTS , not in-your-face information blast.

everything you said hinted that his father could be a really badass demon slayer, alright, and that could be the reason that his family was killed, but this isn't the asspull that i'm talking about, i'm talking especifically about that dance. she appeared of nowhere when he most needed, a situation of life or death, and gave him a power up to make one of those twelve demons retreat. it looks like the author had the idea of him using fire breath all the time, but didn't think about how he could achieve that, occasioning that well executed asspull

Because that dance was something that Tanjiro learned when he was a kid(he might even took part in some of those rituals) but when his dad died he had to become the one providing for his family. He didn't have time to do rituals because he had to work(he was the only one providing for 2 brothers, 2 sisters and his mom, the rest stayed at home) therefore his conscious memory didn't need that information and it ended up in the subconscious part of his memory. Then with the "life flashing through your eyes" thing he got that information and used it. He was desperate and willing to do anything that he could to beat the demon even if he died trying.
Aug 16, 2019 3:50 PM
Aug 2019
Esquirtit said:

lol dude..you embarassing yourself lol..that scene from aot is bad..they not even explain how armin could survive the fall..dont be stupid, like i said he use the dance on a ritual..thats why he never thought to use it on battle..go watch it again, this scene is seriously no asspull, you just lack an iq and need the anime to tell you 100% things lol. Just stop embarassing yourself further when you not even read the manga or watch ep 20 yet..and nope tanjiro only learn dance when he a child not breath..thats why his father said about breathing so he could combine it with the dance..where you get this inaccurate information..are you on drug? i could explain alot more just by refering to the old ep, but not really weird..most of anime watcher is pretty dumb..
Aug 16, 2019 5:50 PM

Mar 2018
@Ozen106th that's why I said it's not an asspull, but a "lite aspull" because it's simply stupid as fuck. how in the fuck did his dad not know about demons even though the demon corps never vanished. how did tanjirou not learn more about all of this while training for years and meeting people from the demon corps. I'm not going to care about all these rituals, techniques and foreshadowing when it's just a dumb hack and slash story. this world doesn't make any sense, they know where to find demons but can't keep track of their own members and fight techniques. they even have demon allies and safehouses all over the place but no tanjirou family line with easily recognizable appearance and family treasures no idea what that's all about.

Not implying it's objectively bad, all the foreshadowing served its purpose but I don't care about it that much when the story overall is ass in my opinion.

btw armin fell on top of a building and was on the verge of death but got revived which was all to be expected considering they got their hands on one titan sperm injection
poop
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.