Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 27, 2020 1:13 PM
Jan 2017
I loved alll three episodes so far.
and formulating my theory I doubt Ulgar is the "killer" its seems waay too obvious.

I think its either: Aries, Funicia, Lu, or Zack
Apr 17, 2020 3:16 AM

Feb 2018
Good Game splash water...
Apr 18, 2020 2:51 AM

Feb 2019
It's a miracle that they didn't die all when the ship got punctured.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 28, 2020 7:14 PM
Dec 2017
Great episode. Best so far. I really wasnt feeling the character chemistry of all the main cast but this episode really made me enjoy all the different characters and their strengths. Op was cool as well. Really loving the mystery. Lets see what happens next episode
Oct 1, 2020 9:34 PM

Sep 2018
I like Ulgar. He's always aloof and want to be alone but I don't think he's the impostor.. it's too obvious if he is.
Poor Yunhua, she can't help :(
May 8, 2021 7:27 PM

Aug 2018
Ehm... glasses girl is sus, eject her.
Aug 1, 2021 1:25 PM

Jan 2021
This episode was good.
And I have my suspicions that the person responsible is the black hair girl or the black hair dude.
Aug 20, 2021 10:19 PM
Oct 2015
Faendras said:
1st episode was bad, 2nd was horrible, this was good, just good. This episode at least was not a plot joke where everything is stupid and a nonsense.

Good things:
-A small try about sci-fi stuff... but still failing in a lot of things.
-A little more seriousness, not a continuosly stupid joke when they're on a real survive or die situtation.
-First steps to some real plot instead of a insiped teen drama.

Bad things (a lot):
-Weird sci-fi stuff. Like the artifical gravity system that it's godlike, it not only provides artificial gravity inside of the spaceship, it gives artifical gravity to the spaceship so this didn't fall to the planet (maybe it has some relation with the mechanism to move the spaceship?).
-Another character that should die... but didn't happened. Yunhua, you're in a spaceship, in the space, that is losing it's atmosphere (probably with that holes that should be faster than how it was showed) so, at least, USE UR F***ING HELMET!
-The characters are still fucking idiots without a real reason. Zack, the 200 IQ guy is still commiting stupid mistakes, this time was forget to activate the antimeteorite system. Quitterie is so annoying, just a stupid dumb kid, that's her character. Kanata is still in his role, well, he is a fucking role, not even a real character. Aries... pls, she is just the cute and dumb girl that save the discussions in this stupid drama. Yunhua, I wrote about her before, nothing more to say.
-"There is a killer among us" Well... I think your logic is just wrong. That's a too rushed way to think when I don't really think that flashback conversation could be about kill this stupid kids.
-If there is a real plan to kill this kids... well, it's the weirdest, stupid and useless plan they could make... there are a lot of mistakes, specially if Ball-chan is part of the plan. C'mon, why to put a spaceship instead of letting them die in the space?
-Ball-chan is "good", or random without relation with that supposed plan to kill them, it's just logic... but right now I expect everything from this anime. (Btw, what about it's second encounter?).
-In the (extreme) case Ball-chan is part of the asasination plan... well Luca is the bad guy, he was the one to run into it with his helmet.
-Ulgar... if you're not the bad guy, why do you have what looks like a gun? Was the real bad guy so stupid that didn't hide it decently?
-Guns were banned 100 years ago? Well, I have a lot of questions about that, but... I will say it's just silly.
-Their spaceship just aproached the planet in a straight line instead of getting in orbit before go to the surface, maybe there is some logic about that... but looks so random.
-The artificial gravity cannot be activated because there is a fly? Not even a way to force the activation? Ok... another weird thing.
-A lot of failures in the spaceship, it didn't looked real in any moment.
-All the things that happen in this anime are still looking forced, characters abilities and personalities, everything happens in the right time, characters always survives despite being fucking idiots. Right know it seems like everything acts to agree with a pre-designed plot, personalities and logic twists to complete that plot.

I liked some of the things Vocassen said in this comment, I don't agree whith everything (speacially points 8, 9 and 10), but it's an interesting comment.

Vocassen said:
Unfortunately A LOT of things bothered me science-wise, wish I could not see them lol
So sorry if this interests no one and I'm picky, it's just so much serious flaws, I probably forgot a lot

The Meteor and Hole:
1. Multiple meteors at the same time are VERY unlikely, unless a bigger one split up right before they hit (within minutes at max)
2. A puncture that big should rip the air out in seconds (there's vacuum out there after all) and probably rip the hole even bigger in the process. Definitely A LOT more violent than simply some leak in a air bed...
3. How does a flying creature like that even get in there? It couldn't have come in through the holes, since the air flows OUTWARD - not to speak that there is no air outside for the fly to survive in the first place. And especially the fly, as a small mass flying creature, should be severely affected by the hole right next to it...
The Power Generator:
4. You can't tell me the ship doesn't have the backup generator automatically kick in on failure of the primary - or atleast not even connected to the main grid AT ALL...
5. Power strong enough to hover a huge ship, through a household cable. LOL fire incoming
The 'advanced' spaceship:
6. A spaceship that advanced should have basic protection against meteorites. So even assuming only ISS-levels of protection, the meteorite must have been immensely huge and fast to puncture such a hole. So much that you probably wouldn't be able to find the actual meteorite anymore because it has been absolutely pulverized.
7. Why would it make sense to lock the gravity control when a flying object is in the control room - without an override at least? Just asks for unforseen failures...
The Glue "Gun":
8. Not to speak of the laughably glue gun being able to fix a hole so large, with so much pressure on it!
9. Oh yeah, glue guns aren't actually guns, they can't SHOOT fast glue....
The Pilot:
10. As said here before, if you are only 9 minutes from falling to the ground (with even less than earth gravity and apparently same pressure), you're not really in orbit anymore. Which makes no sense for our genius space pilot, either you're up there in orbit, NOT having to expend energy to stay up there, or you are in the landing process already...

Holy shit no wonder lazy authors these days write fantasies, always morons like you who nitpicks every little thing. I bet you wouldnt critize every little inconsistency in fucking sao or konosuba no would you? Why the fuck should this be different?
This isnt hard scifi this is technically a comedy adventure done by the creator of sket dance, every thing here is fictional absolutely nothing should need to be compared to real world stuff especally not the spaceship of physics. Hell how the fuck do you even know if the physics in this world is the same as our universe?
Aug 20, 2021 10:24 PM
Oct 2015
Weasalopes said:
We still have no information in regard to how long the ship was there prior to their arrival, nor how it came to be there, nor what happened to its original crew.

When it arrived does pertain in regard to the possibility of a gun being a normal thing to find on board.
It should also impact the ease of use by the pilot; given the amount of change we've experienced in the past 100 years on Earth, but also taking into account the long periods of little or no technological advances we've had in prior times, the changes in ship's equipment and software could be severe or near non-existent.

There's one major problem I've had from the very beginning of this anime: the year it is set. That is, if it's dealing with a society which expanded from our planet and still using the BCE/CE date system, my recollection is that it's set less than 30 years from now... So I have to assume that's not the case. Either they aren't an Earth descended society, or they settled upon a new starting date for their enumeration of years.

In regard to eliminating guns a hundred years earlier...
That's just bogus.
Guns are so low tech that there is no way to prevent someone with a half decent garage shop from manufacturing some fairly sophisticated versions, and that's with our current level of technology. A star-faring society is going to have far more advanced manufacturing equipment available for home use. There is nothing unique to the design of a firearm; there is no core piece of information which if purged from the databases would prevent someone from pulling all the required information together without the purged information impacting other technology crucial to maintaining their society.

The timing of the meteorite was golden.

ETA:
I do wonder just how much power the ship's drive system requires. The cable they strung looked to match current shop use extension cords rated for US household current, and they top out around 120v... and I just cannot conceive of a ship's drive running on that low a current. So they were either constructed from a currently unknown material, or the animation took liberties with the science... Of course, if the power requirements were never provided by the author, there wasn't anyway to do the math to determine the thickness of wire required.

This is a different world to ours and doesn't have to follow any of our logic or systems, for all we know their planet might not even be the same earth or even follow the same rules of physics, why do people constantly try to tie in real world elements into these fictional far future settings that take place out of our world. I understand urban fantasy or mordern setting series but not this
Nov 29, 2021 8:01 AM

Mar 2013
I finally got to see Yunhua's thoughts in this episode.
Oh... is Ulgar the traitor? I hope not but that his skill with a gun is good.

This episode is more thrilling since Zack and Kanata found a trace of a traitor.
And Ulgar's thoughts earlier... maybe he is the one...?
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 8, 2022 3:28 PM

Apr 2019
I guess Ulgar is the culprit. Although his expression while opening the case can mean many things. But nevertheless, I stick with this opinion until proved further is revealed.

Other than that, pretty good show so far.
Apr 19, 2022 7:54 AM

Nov 2020
Pretty much everyone seems sus while also seeming innocent. Thought I had a definite answer towards the start of the ep but now almost everyone has proven why the Imposter could be them. Some more obvious than others to throw the viewers off. Eg the last scene with ultra and the gun convinces you it’s him when that may not be the case and it easily could be someone else
Nov 8, 2022 4:05 AM

Oct 2022
Honestly, I was thinking it could either be Charce, The Little Girl, Her puppet, Aries, or on a slim chance Zack, but now I'm thinking it can really, really be Kanata.

Of course, my suspicion of Kanata only comes from an assumption that I don't feel like checking. If he is the only survivor of his previous stranding (now I think him and the other kids survived), it's not impossible that his telling of the story is a lie. Rather than the teacher sacrificed himself, instead Kanata drove him to death, that sort of deal. The news wouldn't know any better. Nobody would. Nobody but Kanata.

Aside from that, Aries is probably my favorite twist, maybe the little girl but I hate seeing smartass cocky children in anime, so I'd rather she act her age and be innocent and nice. If it's her puppet, that'd be cool. Charce seems plausible too.
Jan 30, 2023 6:03 PM
Jan 2023
Well beside the cheap animation and entirely stupid plot.

Lets look at how the space craft is falling yet outside the window they still look like the gliding in space.
then it switches it towards breaking through the atmosphere scene.

Or how about how they power an entire space craft generator with little more than a standard extension cable ?

Or how they constantly add some stereotypical trauma backstory.

Or while they are falling to the ground just before they get the gravity back on they still look like the falling through the stratosphere to automatically be replaced with them breaking just above the ground.

Whoever said this animation was good or the story writing for a surival is good have cheese googles on.

The entire atmosphere of this show is too bright, bubbly and obnoxious.
Everything is just here comedy, here drama, suspense & here a trail for you to overcome but don't worry we have the tool or solution lying at your feet or just under your nose.

It's Horrid
Jun 6, 2023 3:10 PM

Aug 2019
This episode was pretty cool, but we gotta talk about Kanata. How can you not immediately think Ulgard is sus? lol he was on his own in the storage area, he wouldn't explain what he was doing, and he seemed really uncooperative in general. I think it's him. Maybe sent to kill the other students, or maybe he just wanted to kill them? But maybe he didn't know he would get sent off into space? Probably not lol I'm sure there's something else going on here. There's also Yunha but I'm not entirely convinced it was her either
Jul 14, 2023 5:19 AM

Aug 2019
Revealing that there is an imposter in the crew was really stupid.. In a better written story, all that would’ve done is cause everyone to distrust each other and isolate from one another. But I guess they just forgot about that a few minutes later lmao.

Also it was really unrealistic how the crew didn’t immediately suspect the 2 antisocial people upon learning there was an impostor.
Nov 30, 2023 1:08 AM

Nov 2023
I hope they'll survive
Dec 29, 2023 11:20 PM

Sep 2011
Loved it! they make it feel like I’m on the ship and fighting for my life. The stacked emo chick though, they painting her into a corner but I feel she’s one of the good ones.

Also cool to see that they abolished guns. What a world.
Vandelay Industries, this is George Can’t-Stand-Ya speaking, how may I assist you?
Jan 2, 5:40 AM
May 2020
Reply to Neostorm-X
Faendras said:
1st episode was bad, 2nd was horrible, this was good, just good. This episode at least was not a plot joke where everything is stupid and a nonsense.

Good things:
-A small try about sci-fi stuff... but still failing in a lot of things.
-A little more seriousness, not a continuosly stupid joke when they're on a real survive or die situtation.
-First steps to some real plot instead of a insiped teen drama.

Bad things (a lot):
-Weird sci-fi stuff. Like the artifical gravity system that it's godlike, it not only provides artificial gravity inside of the spaceship, it gives artifical gravity to the spaceship so this didn't fall to the planet (maybe it has some relation with the mechanism to move the spaceship?).
-Another character that should die... but didn't happened. Yunhua, you're in a spaceship, in the space, that is losing it's atmosphere (probably with that holes that should be faster than how it was showed) so, at least, USE UR F***ING HELMET!
-The characters are still fucking idiots without a real reason. Zack, the 200 IQ guy is still commiting stupid mistakes, this time was forget to activate the antimeteorite system. Quitterie is so annoying, just a stupid dumb kid, that's her character. Kanata is still in his role, well, he is a fucking role, not even a real character. Aries... pls, she is just the cute and dumb girl that save the discussions in this stupid drama. Yunhua, I wrote about her before, nothing more to say.
-"There is a killer among us" Well... I think your logic is just wrong. That's a too rushed way to think when I don't really think that flashback conversation could be about kill this stupid kids.
-If there is a real plan to kill this kids... well, it's the weirdest, stupid and useless plan they could make... there are a lot of mistakes, specially if Ball-chan is part of the plan. C'mon, why to put a spaceship instead of letting them die in the space?
-Ball-chan is "good", or random without relation with that supposed plan to kill them, it's just logic... but right now I expect everything from this anime. (Btw, what about it's second encounter?).
-In the (extreme) case Ball-chan is part of the asasination plan... well Luca is the bad guy, he was the one to run into it with his helmet.
-Ulgar... if you're not the bad guy, why do you have what looks like a gun? Was the real bad guy so stupid that didn't hide it decently?
-Guns were banned 100 years ago? Well, I have a lot of questions about that, but... I will say it's just silly.
-Their spaceship just aproached the planet in a straight line instead of getting in orbit before go to the surface, maybe there is some logic about that... but looks so random.
-The artificial gravity cannot be activated because there is a fly? Not even a way to force the activation? Ok... another weird thing.
-A lot of failures in the spaceship, it didn't looked real in any moment.
-All the things that happen in this anime are still looking forced, characters abilities and personalities, everything happens in the right time, characters always survives despite being fucking idiots. Right know it seems like everything acts to agree with a pre-designed plot, personalities and logic twists to complete that plot.

I liked some of the things Vocassen said in this comment, I don't agree whith everything (speacially points 8, 9 and 10), but it's an interesting comment.

Vocassen said:
Unfortunately A LOT of things bothered me science-wise, wish I could not see them lol
So sorry if this interests no one and I'm picky, it's just so much serious flaws, I probably forgot a lot

The Meteor and Hole:
1. Multiple meteors at the same time are VERY unlikely, unless a bigger one split up right before they hit (within minutes at max)
2. A puncture that big should rip the air out in seconds (there's vacuum out there after all) and probably rip the hole even bigger in the process. Definitely A LOT more violent than simply some leak in a air bed...
3. How does a flying creature like that even get in there? It couldn't have come in through the holes, since the air flows OUTWARD - not to speak that there is no air outside for the fly to survive in the first place. And especially the fly, as a small mass flying creature, should be severely affected by the hole right next to it...
The Power Generator:
4. You can't tell me the ship doesn't have the backup generator automatically kick in on failure of the primary - or atleast not even connected to the main grid AT ALL...
5. Power strong enough to hover a huge ship, through a household cable. LOL fire incoming
The 'advanced' spaceship:
6. A spaceship that advanced should have basic protection against meteorites. So even assuming only ISS-levels of protection, the meteorite must have been immensely huge and fast to puncture such a hole. So much that you probably wouldn't be able to find the actual meteorite anymore because it has been absolutely pulverized.
7. Why would it make sense to lock the gravity control when a flying object is in the control room - without an override at least? Just asks for unforseen failures...
The Glue "Gun":
8. Not to speak of the laughably glue gun being able to fix a hole so large, with so much pressure on it!
9. Oh yeah, glue guns aren't actually guns, they can't SHOOT fast glue....
The Pilot:
10. As said here before, if you are only 9 minutes from falling to the ground (with even less than earth gravity and apparently same pressure), you're not really in orbit anymore. Which makes no sense for our genius space pilot, either you're up there in orbit, NOT having to expend energy to stay up there, or you are in the landing process already...

Holy shit no wonder lazy authors these days write fantasies, always morons like you who nitpicks every little thing. I bet you wouldnt critize every little inconsistency in fucking sao or konosuba no would you? Why the fuck should this be different?
This isnt hard scifi this is technically a comedy adventure done by the creator of sket dance, every thing here is fictional absolutely nothing should need to be compared to real world stuff especally not the spaceship of physics. Hell how the fuck do you even know if the physics in this world is the same as our universe?
imma nitpick the nitpickers while i agree with a lot of the science being absolute bullcrap which makes this series a fantasy or supernatural series instead of sci-fi but if you gonna nitpick at least know your science...

Vocassen said:

i cant comment on the process of the creation of the hole but a hole like that would act pretty similar to what we saw in this anime, you can literally close a hole like that with your hand which i wouldnt recommend since most of your hand would become useless afterwards as for closing it with a viscous material like glue i dont think its too far fetched

as for other points i dont really care too much like i said i chose to treat this as fantasy instead of sci-fi but there is one point that i cant overlook
Faendras said:
Their spaceship just aproached the planet in a straight line instead of getting in orbit before go to the surface, maybe there is some logic about that... but looks so random.

i am not even mad about the science part since its pure fantasy, but as far as the story is concerned they need to land in a spot close to a water and food source and it just feels like they land somewhere totally random and somehow end up next to all the resources they need its just lazy storytelling
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

236 by naturalbrawler »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.