Forum Settings
Forums

So do you rate anime based on enjoyment, or do you score harshly?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 16, 2019 10:27 PM

Jun 2016
Johan said:
I rate them solely to piss off Digibro and Andocommando and the other elitists. Cause yes you can complete 2900+ anime and still find SAO, Promised Neverland, Erased, Re:Zero, Death Note, Code Geass, Angel Beats, Shigatsu, Clannad, Akame ga Kill, etc amazing.

In fact people who think those shows are bad probably haven't seen enough anime. Love using their points against them lol.

I'll never conform to their sophist rhetoric and ideology.

Plus someone has to balance out all the faggots that score Kimi no na wa a "4".

The fact you care about my feelings so much after all we've been through, warms my itty bitty heart of darkness :^)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2019 10:30 PM

May 2010
AndoCommando said:
Johan said:
I rate them solely to piss off Digibro and Andocommando and the other elitists. Cause yes you can complete 2900+ anime and still find SAO, Promised Neverland, Erased, Re:Zero, Death Note, Code Geass, Angel Beats, Shigatsu, Clannad, Akame ga Kill, etc amazing.

In fact people who think those shows are bad probably haven't seen enough anime. Love using their points against them lol.

I'll never conform to their sophist rhetoric and ideology.

Plus someone has to balance out all the faggots that score Kimi no na wa a "4".

The fact you care about my feelings so much after all we've been through, warms my itty bitty heart of darkness :^)

That's okay i know nothing quite warms your heart like taking the piss out of the most popular shows of each season <3

Looking forward to your Fireforce review !

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 16, 2019 10:36 PM

Jun 2016
Johan said:
AndoCommando said:

That's okay i know nothing quite warms your heart like taking the piss out of the most popular shows of each season <3

Looking forward to your Fireforce review !

Ahh you know us too well. The Hivemind commands it so :^)

You can be the first one I show it to. Need the guidance of Mr. 3000 completed anime to show me de wae. uwu
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2019 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
I do both, I score harshly based on my enjoyment. If a show didn't entertain me, it gets an instant 4/10.
Jul 17, 2019 1:58 AM

Jan 2008
Those two options are not exclusive.

I rate only based on enjoyment and that could result in me giving very harsh scores to otherwise high-quality and popular shows. If I did not enjoy them, it does not matter to me.
Jul 17, 2019 7:15 AM

Oct 2012
I rate based on a combination of enjoyment and how much something effects me.
Jul 17, 2019 9:21 AM

Nov 2016
My ratings mostly depend on how well something achieves its implied purposes, whether the purpose is to be 'mindless entertainment', deeply philosophical, heavily political, a heart-wrenching drama, relaxed SoL etc., but also somewhat on how much I enjoyed it as well as its technical production aspects. It may sound like I'm over-complicating everything and it's 'just anime so what's the point of being critical', but this is how I like to consume media so I'm not gonna change it just because a lot of people here think that 'low mean score' = 'i hate anime'.
currently: doing my best!

Jul 17, 2019 9:23 AM
May 2019
I don't have any complicated scoring system or anything like that I rate shows based on my enjoyment, since that is what I value the most in anime.
Jul 17, 2019 11:45 AM
Apr 2016
Enjoyment mostly but i also rate them taking into account things like art, animation, music, story and characters, for example i gave Hellsing ultimate a 6/10, didn´t like it at all, but i gave it a 6 because i think the art, animation, and voice acting were mostly good, but i found the story and characters really bland, so i guess i tend to value things like story and characters mostly when i rate and anime.
Jul 18, 2019 2:24 AM

Jul 2019
Enjoyment mostly I don't score anime harshly unless it pisses me off.

Never explain,
Never retract,
Never apologize
Just get the thing done
And let them howl
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Apr 25

51 by luckyrune »»
6 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

22 by Spunkert »»
14 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

27 by Prupel1 »»
17 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

9 by Catalano »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 2 hours ago

7 by Jonas-K »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.