Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 2, 2020 1:38 AM

Sep 2017
Sea Slug does make sense, I know foxes and cats etc are more traditionally commonplace, but I'm actually surprised they haven't included more aquatic animals than we have currently

Also on the subject of Ryuuhou's design - because pointless trivia is fun obviously.. The artist responsible for it (Tony Taka) also did the design for Centaur, and when I mentioned a few months ago that I found her very similar to Kirika from Shining Resonance I didn't realise that he was also also responsible for the character artwork in that game. So Centaur is pretty much an adapted version of her, it's a nice design though so I can't say I don't approve of the recycling lol
Jan 3, 2020 6:12 PM

Oct 2010
Just got Ikazuchi #2. Yeah, I'd like to see more variety (obviously since I like monster girls) but they've been slow to progress away from the standard floof, not that I can blame them. :P

Ah, I knew Tony was the designer of both ships but I didn't know that connection with Shining Resonance. :D Same thing happened with Kawakaze's artist: https://www.reddit.com/r/AzureLane/comments/e2hni1/headnod/
Jan 5, 2020 2:48 AM

Sep 2017
I remember during the event they had dialogue about them being similar, but didn't realise it was the same artist. That's another addition to my following list on Pixiv :)

I've not been doing any non event maps recently aside from the daily missions, and also got Ikazuchi yesterday on my 3rd hard mode clear. Inazuma has been pretty effective in lower cost squads, so I'll prob use them together for farming purposes
Feb 15, 2020 4:12 AM

Sep 2017
Me who's never used Admiral Hipper - I quite like her new event skin, would probably use

Game - Admiral Hipper.. Did you mean Akagi, Gascogne, Gascogne, Cleveland, Gascogne, Gascogne? I wanted all of them, but it sure likes making me work for any preference. I had to use over 100 cubes last time around for Kasumi, but got everyone else easily

ArcaedesFeb 15, 2020 5:01 AM
Feb 15, 2020 6:40 PM

Oct 2010
Nice :P I saw a guy say he built 5 or 6 Noshiro (at 0.5% rate up!) but couldn't get Suruga. I built a Noshiro myself.

To my surprise, my Bismarck hit 120 during the Royal Maids event. I used her and Phoenix (who was around 110, now 115) to grind the hard level (never tried EX) and ground up to the 700 core data reward. Biloxi was the rate-up ship I wanted and I got her within 30 builds, plus Yat sen, who was added to the general light pool but not rated up. Plan is to grind Shangri-la affection with her and oath both of them. :P Looking at CN poll results last year, I'd been thinking Yat Sen would be one to oath if she got an oath skin. I also bought Biloxi's "gangstress" suit skin. After that I did one light/day, didn't bother trying to get Gloucester or Dido, also chose to ignore Dido at the end of the event story.

So far I haven't done any builds from the Polaris banner, I'll get Sheffield (my first rhythm game lel) but I'm not bothered about the others.

JP is teasing the Russian ships event for the end of the month, meaning we'll likely get it before Shangri-la, pretty much worst case scenario. I should be able to get all of the Russian girls and still get Shangri-La, considering I'm approaching the 600k gold hard cap and have over 1000 cubes.

Also this should be my first portrait frame, I've saved over a dozen purin for a future HMS frame but Russia is a good one too.

Edit: Forgot to mention I finally got Inazuma ;P
nDroaeFeb 15, 2020 9:01 PM
Feb 22, 2020 1:19 AM

Sep 2017
Dido can have a few headpats if it means that much to her ^_^

The builds can be like that, I also got 4 Ryuuhou's and only one Noshiro & Suruga during the Sakura event. Noshiro is now in my fleet 1 vanguard with Yukikaze & Kasumi. I've mostly retired my level 120's from PvE and only use them for PvP now. I do miss out on the free xp from Exercises, but Warspite and Sandy are only 115, so they at least get some of it.

That Biloxi skin is a nice one :) although I've got just under 700 gems at the moment and had to pass on most of the newly added skins. I got Hipper from my daily 3 builds a few days ago, so have everyone from Polaris now. Using the new update to raise Enterprise further - currently at level 101 for me. I assume part 2 will be fully limit breaking all the xp up girls for a portrait frame, which I've already done for all, so I'll be waiting to see what comes up at the end of the month.

My desire to not miss any limited builds doesn't impact well on my resources ^_^ my gold is only just now getting back up to the level where I don't need to collect from HQ, and cubes are around 30 - I only had about 90 at the start of the Polaris event. So a couple weeks without any new ships would probably do me some good lol. I managed to complete the EX mode a couple of times in Polaris - by hiding in the bottom left corner and relying heavily on Warspite and Centaur to dish out the damage (Warspite is now most op even at level 115) The preferred method for earning the most points seems to be using Helena in vanguard with no gear, but my Helena is nowhere near leveled enough to survive, so I used Eugen with a toolbox to ensure there was enough HP to take the few unavoidable hits.

Inazuma & Ikazuchi are in my low-mid level farming fleet. Not the most cost effective, but oil is the one resource I never seem to run low on, and I like using them
Feb 23, 2020 10:36 PM

Oct 2010
Russian girls coming in 3 days https://i.imgur.com/FPAeGR1.jpg

Sandy kai is really carrying me in PvP versus the usual Enty/Akaga mobs, with her and my Dev30 Monarch the rest of the team can be pretty much whoever I want up to somewhere past rank 4000, I've been using "worst CA" Trento in PvP to level her and she usually survives. Congrats on Hipper! :) Now I've given Enterprise my prepared Shangri-La gear and with Portland finally retrofitted and nearing 100, I'm debating whether to use the free SSR from the training mission to get an Enterprise dupe (I only need one more for MLB), or Illustrious since I need 2 more dupes of her for MLB. Doesn't really matter either way, since both are in the exchange even if I don't build more dupes, while on the other hand it's not actually necessary to do the missions with all four ships to get the frame as long as you MLB enough of the event ships, and I have 17 gold bulins, which is more than I could possibly need assuming I get all SSRs (I *was* saving for an HMS frame, and will again....) I hope the NP frame bear looks okay if it has one (which it will). Though actually what they should do is like the Iron Blood frame but with the new frozen blue dino rigging.

I would have hit the 600k ceiling in a few hours if I didn't upgrade some gear just now to avoid it. Nice. Guess I can spend a few purins and MLB some Sakura girls for points toward Azuma. Or I could switch PR development back to FdG and get her instantly for 60k, but nope, not right now.

Still haven't tried Polaris EX :P

Recent happenings:

My speculation based on the first reveal of Avrora's prison skin https://www.reddit.com/r/AzureLane/comments/f6lncw/avrora_skin_revealed/fi5lp89/ though the other prison skins shown since have cast the prison in a much less serious light, as well as showing that some of the Russian ships are running the prison. And AFAIK it's not even clear yet whether the prison ("gulag") is actually involved in the story or not. It could just be a costume theme they went with.

Some thoughts about the coming new fully voiced secretary quests
https://www.reddit.com/r/AzureLane/comments/f77kpg/russian_event_live_stream_megathread/ficoy2n/

(They're also going to be adding post-oath EX lines to old ships, which is great news, as well as changing expressions that some ships have in Crosswave cutscenes but not yet in the original game)

And I'm a bit disappointed with the Russian designs so far.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AzureLane/comments/f8fx9i/this_subreddit_right_now/filuz6o/

Feb 25, 2020 11:03 AM

Sep 2017
My Sandy has the best survivabilty in the vanguard, but the damage dealt is usually pretty evenly spread between them and less than half (or a third depending on the length of the battle) of the damage Centaur and Warspite put out. The timing of their first attack is pretty much in synch too, so when Centaur launches her first strike, Warspite's first barrage gets fired at the same time, and is then immediately followed by her skill activated critical barrage, which is often enough to end the battle.

I've currently got 8 proto bulins, and dupes of a few SR's mainly not used because I can't choose who to upgrade first. I've MLB'd all my SR IJN/HMS & Eagle Ships, but not done Subs or other factions except Aqua & Prinz Eugen. I'd like to MLB both Sardegna's, but also want to upgrade the Subs, and/or a couple of my 4 non LB'd Iron Bloods. So naturally instead of making a decision on what to do I just do nothing lol

I kind of see where you're coming from re the Russian ships, personally I wouldn't say the designs are disappointing overall, but as you mentioned there's no one or two with quite have the same stand out value as some of the new additions from previous factions. Although that opinion is heavily influenced by high the standard that Azur Lane has already set when it comes to character design. Most gacha type anime style games are at their core just waifu (or husbando) collectors, and the level of attention that goes into the artwork, voice acting, and giving them all their own personality in AL sets the bar pretty high - and with Arknights now doing the same Yostar are in a monopolising position as a publisher when it comes to games that have multitudinous viable characters that people can debate/argue about over waifu tier statuses.

Although I've seen a few comments from people saying they dropped AL because of Ark, I think most players are happy to have both - I certainly am, and having more voice lines added will be very welcome, especially post-oath as most people oathed their favorites first. Crosswave is kind of fun, but only as a novelty accompaniment to Azur Lane itself
Feb 25, 2020 6:16 PM

Oct 2010
I guess Monarch (level 114) pretty much works like Warspite for me. I still don't have a high level star carrier, I guess Ryuuhou could have been one if I got her but most of the time I'm still using Unicorn (level 117) in PVP for her heals. I don't have any other carrier over 110.

In preparation for Izumo (who is weak by PR standards, but I'll get her anyway) I've been bringing up Mikasa, Hiei and Kirishima, and for the first time did the fine tuning on the guns with skills in mind - Mikasa's main gun fires slightly before Hiei's, guaranteeing that if Mikasa's BB/BC-boosting T-Cross Formation skill procs then Hiei will get it, in addition to Mikasa's basic IJN boost skill.

My purin count went up to 19 yesterday, but then I MLB'd Suruga and Noshiro. Getting within reach of starting Azuma now.

I did MLB Minato Aqua, and raised her up to level 104, so now I have her with level 104 U-47 and level 102 Iroha (I-168) in my main sub fleet. Minato Aqua has two oxy torps at +10 and +7, and my first completed gold sub torpedo at +10. Last week I was able to beat the level 70 weekly sub mission for the first time. I find it seems best to save her OP torpedoes for the boss, and use the only other two to take out the cargo ships on the way. The problem is that Minato Aqua doesn't have a torpedo barrage in that mode (though she does in the normal game), so I have to just mash the regular torpedo button while trying to stay on target (the torps are magnetic which really helps) and trying to avoid the siren boss's depth charges. It's a pretty fun challenge, but good grief do you need some dedication to subs to get to this point.

Yeah, it's tough to pick which girls to focus on, isn't it? :P I finally purged most of my favorites list so that it's only the ones I use now or plan to use in the near future. Doesn't mean I won't come back to the others later. Removing some of them from favorites was difficult.

I'd agree that the bar is set high. The Russian designs are mostly not targeted at me, which is not really something I can complain about:

Chapayev is kinda generic-looking, and her breasts in her default skin don't look soft at all, actually they look like implants. But people seem to like that.

Minsk is too young to be a waifu, but she looks cool, I like her.

Gangut and Pamiat Mercuria look crazy. As for Gangut's dominatrix thing, I'm more into Konigsberg :P

Grozny and Tashkent are cute I guess.
Mar 22, 2020 11:57 PM

Oct 2010
What I ended up getting from 10 builds first day (got Rossiya), 6 builds second day (got Tashkent), and 3/day after that (Chapayev had to be purchased):

The ships for the upcoming USN event look cool, no must-haves but I'd definitely like to collect them all, which is often not the case.
Mar 30, 2020 12:24 PM

Sep 2017
I've been intending to check back in here for a few weeks, but my usual limited free time has been pretty much zero. Managing a courier service when the vast majority of the population are staying at home and ordering anything and everything they can think of to be delivered to their doorstep is beyond impossible, but it's a situation that won't improve any time soon, so I'll just have to stick with it for as long as I can - I slept pretty much all day on Sunday after getting less than 10 hours sleep in total last week ^_^

Anyways, for the previous event I got Sovetskaya and Grozny 3 times in early builds, so similar there, and Tashkent, Minsk and Gangut all quite easily. Pamiat took about 100 builds after I already had the rest. I did get the complete collection and got the frame though so there's that at least

The current even is kind of similar, not done too many builds but got Marblehead 4 times, Intrepid 3 times, and one each of the rest except Reno. Not sure if it's worth using my remaining cubes to try and get her as I don't have time to farm the event, or max LB enough to get the chat frame. So I'll prob just have to settle for whatever I get. Also I've never been able to get Baltimore either and the nice new skin is just a reminder of that lol

I did get Zuikaku at some point just before the event - presumably from a daily build, I didn't even notice until I saw her in my dock, and she wasn't locked either so no idea what happened there. So my IJN fleet now has 3 carriers, because I'm using Crane Sisters with a level 115 Ryuuhou who's just too useful to swap out. I'll wait until 120 before I try her for heals in PvP though. Had a run at using my exercises a few times per day instead of only once during the Northern event and I finished around 1800. I like to have a go at top 1k once things get back to some kind of normality and I have free time again
Mar 30, 2020 9:04 PM

Oct 2010
Wow, it's good to still be able to work, but I don't envy that. Server problems were bad for me in this event, I couldn't get into my account at all for over 24 hours after the initial 10-hour maintenance ended. Tweet about that: https://twitter.com/AzurLane_EN/status/1243618937402732546

I've been doing only 3/day, so after missing Thursday I've done 12 builds, #11 being Intrepid. It would be nice to get Reno, but the one I really want is the easiest to get, Marblehead :P I have extra bulins, but I'm not planning to go for the chat frame this time. I wasn't impressed with the understated Sakura one, but at least its S looked a lot cooler than "EAGLE UNION" on this one. "NORTH" on the NP one is not ideal but not bad, at least it's a word I like. Iron Blood will probably always be easily the best-looking one. Will be interesting to see what happens when Scherzo reruns later this year. They could modify the frame slightly to show that it's the rerun version.

Yeah, a lot of people were hoping that Baltimore would be available in this event like happened with Essex (Air Raid Drills on JP) and Avrora recently. Would have been a smart move for the company to do that, IMO.

Haha, ninja Zuikaku. Nice, congratulations!
Apr 2, 2020 11:35 AM

Sep 2017
I missed the first 24 hours too, almost missed the second day but the server was suddenly perfect on my last ditch attempt at logging in before my brief ration of sleep. My thoughts on the chat frame are similar, I actually like the Sakura quite a lot though. It's a nice sleek design, I suppose somewhat understated but in a way that I like.

I had enough gems for a couple of skins from this event and opted for Intrepid and Marblehead. Would also like to use them after the event, but that leads to more who to switch out kind of decisions as there's not really a shortage of good Eagle Union Carriers or Cruisers
Apr 2, 2020 10:12 PM

Oct 2010
The Sakura one looks good up close, but it can be difficult to notice, depending on which ship you use it with. Not that looking good in chat really matters anyway.... (but still I want the IB frame)

Got my Marblehead. I'm now grinding an SP level for the first time, and feeling my lack of carriers with the Air Superiority factor, though the fact that I'm grinding Izumo to unlock Azuma also weighs in on that. I'll be using the bunnies + Houshou (+15% XP) for the backline part of Azuma, and probably will also continue with them for the frontline part.

I was disappointed with the Intrepid skin, because at first I thought she'd get something space themed in keeping with her character / real life, like her sister from the same artist Shangri-La did (replace the real life part with her fictional name origin), didn't know they'd all be sports-themed at the time.

A fact about that Intrepid skin though, someone checked and the score displayed in the background behind her is a real score from the game played on that date at Wrigley Field. Nice touch.
Jul 18, 2020 4:46 AM

Sep 2017
I've just about managed to play enough on AL to avoid missing any limited/event rate up characters over the past 5 months (still dealing with even less free time that usual due to covid related increase in demand for courier services) and on Girls Frontline - Arknights on the other hand has reversed the luck I had at the start and I missed out on all of the new Operators, despite throwing the resources I had available at all the banners.

During the process there was one ship in particular that's now holding the record for hardest to obtain character in a gacha game, and that would be Miss Shangri-La. I had to buy cubes and gold when the Ink Stained event started because I'd completely wiped out both previously, and fortunately I got everyone except Nagato within 20 builds, and another 30 was enough to get her too. I don't actually know how many cubes, or gems I spent on Shangri-La but as a rough guide I had over 900 quick finishers at the start of the Essex Event, and around 430 at the start of Ink Stained. So at 2 cubes per build, she's by far my most expensive shipfu ^_^ (again I had everyone else within first 30 builds)

Also the Essex event was the first time I've used all my maxed out ships in the same squad, usually in harder stages and PvP I use one or two of them with others that I'm trying to level. So it was interesting to compare them all against each other - even if it was only a damage output comparison, rather than other aspects like survivability or buffing. I already knew Warspite would come out on top for damage, but didn't realise quite how high her power spike is.

Typical distribution of damage

This was the closest I saw anyone else ever get

Also I noticed on Nagato's skill description on the Wiki it shows the 5-20% damage increase for Sakura Carriers does not work on Aviation Battleships, ie Fusou, Yamashiro, Hyuuga, Ise. But doesn't mention it in the skill description in game. So not sure if it was changed or they just omitted it from the description. Aaaand on the subject of Aviatation Battleships it would be nice to see HMS Furious added to the game at some point. We have Cheshire and one of the many HMS Drakes now (or maybe she's an amalgamation on all of them) so it's a possibility. Perhaps if we get a rerun of the Glorious event - which I totally missed the first time around, it would be an opportune time to add one of her sister ships.
ArcaedesJul 18, 2020 6:02 AM
Jul 18, 2020 1:11 PM

Oct 2010
Wow, what happened to you with Shangri-La was what I was prepared for :P https://imgur.com/a/2S2E0xz I only had to spend a little over 300 cubes for her, got her the day she came out on June 24 and oathed her on June 25. The Easy air raid drill was good for grinding affinity.

For normal EX I used my level 120 Bismarck (was grinding Gascogne at the time) and level 120 Monarch and ran it on auto, got around 250 points per run. Bismarck was consistently taking MVP at first, but then I upgraded Monarch's gun and she started taking it much of the time (no surprise). Now I'm getting XP for Drake, I'd been raising Amazon for retrofit but had completely forgotten she had a DD XP boost skill, so I'm raising that now. PR ships are collabs with WOWs that are always based on the never-built ship that appears in WOWs:
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Drake
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Cheshire

Coming next week to CN/JP and soonish to EN is the first major Royal Navy event in two years.

HMS chat frame:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AzureLane/comments/hs4v1k/new_event_royal_navy_chat_frame/

Ships revealed so far:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AzureLane/comments/hs3lhp/hermione_officially_revealed/
https://www.reddit.com/r/AzureLane/comments/hsor5y/howe_revealed/
https://www.reddit.com/r/AzureLane/comments/htaa81/icarus_revealed/

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/AzureLane/comments/htuarc/eagle_revealed/
nDroaeJul 18, 2020 10:09 PM
Jul 19, 2020 2:17 AM

Sep 2017
Yeah I was definitely unprepared for Shangri-La, never really had too much of an issue obtaining anyone in AL before, Kasumi & Pamiat took around 100 builds each, but I can't think of anyone else that required more than 50-60. Also with the cubes and gold obtainable from daily missions, the gacha part of the game is usually quite self sustainable, and gem purchases are generally for skins. So yeah 400+ builds for one ship did catch me off guard ^_^

The HMS chat frame is quite nice, and the event will prob come well before I finish the combat xp research for Drake. So it's timed well

I can see the similarities between Icarus and Ardent that people are mentioning. Although my immediate thought was a younger Z-62 from GFL
Probably more so with the beach skin https://en.gfwiki.com/wiki/Z-62#/media/File:Z-62_costume1.png

I like the wings and bird eye looking parts on Eagle's design. It looks good overall, actually they're all pretty decent design wise

Edit - one of the Colossus Class Light Carriers is also being added, although without an actual translation I don't know if it's Colossus or one of the others like Triumph or Vengeance, and can't really tell from the design https://twitter.com/azurlane_staff/status/1284849846185103361/photo/1
ArcaedesJul 19, 2020 5:15 PM
Jul 19, 2020 11:49 PM

Oct 2010
Sorry, didn't mean to rush you :) Yes, that's Perseus:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AzureLane/comments/htzl6b/perseus_reveal/
https://www.reddit.com/r/AzureLane/comments/hu10ht/hms_perseus_announced/

And here's Valiant:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AzureLane/comments/hudnfs/valiant_revealed/

So far my favorites are Eagle and Hermione. I'm not really into the nurse thing, but Hermione looks super cute in her nurse L2D.

Also this just happened

https://twitter.com/FUKITAKENOKO/status/1284788358678380547?s=19

GFL has a lot of strong designs, everything else about it seems unappealing to me though.

Azur Lane has generous rates but can get bad, the worst I've heard so far was 600 builds/1200 cubes for Akagi Muse, but 800 cubes would be #2. People were saying not to spend too much on Shangri-La because she went right into the permanent build, but that wasn't going to stop me. :P I guess that was probably the most I've spent for one ship, #2 being Amagi at 137 builds. But I usually let some ships go, so there haven't been many opportunities for RNG to give me trouble.
Jul 20, 2020 10:06 AM

Sep 2017
Perseus... So yesterday I was trying to think of a Colossus Class that would have some kind of link to an owl or any bird and came up with nothing at all. During the past several weeks I re-watched the first season of Danmachi for a refresher, and followed that up with the second season. I also play Memoria Freese (not that I've had time for it recently, but it's the kind of game that can be neglected for extended periods of time without doing much harm) which means I've had numerous recent reminders that it was Perseus who had the winged sandals. So yeah, really should have made that connection >.<

That Eagle fanart certainly made me chuckle, Azur Lane facial expressions could be a new meme template :) I got a random Swiftsure today during daily builds, which is useful because I didn't have her before and I now have another ship I can level up while grinding combat xp for the new PR3's before the HMS event

Re GFL it has a looot of story, which can either be a good or bad thing depending on preference (and/or amount of free time available) the current event, Isomer, has 61 stages, and only 19 of them are combat maps. The rest are all story only stages that require nothing but reading and watching, or pressing skip. They do develop the character personalities well though and there's even as Cafe in the base where you can unlock and view backstories and past events for each character - which again is good only if you enjoy or have time for reading in a game. The combat also depends on preference, it can be quite tactical which is good for people in the mood for playing something that requires planning & thought, but not so good for just chilling or spamming through when tired/half asleep ^_^ So very much a game that can either be great or totally unsuitable depending on personal taste
ArcaedesJul 20, 2020 10:17 AM
Jul 21, 2020 8:50 PM

Oct 2010
I guess that Swiftsure was from light build, if you're done with the event build? I'm still waiting to get mine from daily light build :P I got my first Ise today from the event build, I'd been planning after Swiftsure to pull for her (and Hyuuga dupes) from Heavy, but this means the VDIR ships are in the event pool now, and Ise/Hyuuga should be as common in it as Kent (their current rate will be a bit less than Kent has been, since there are more Rare ships in the pool now).

Kirara Fantasia would be a very different experience if I could read the stories, there's a lot more to them than Azur Lane's :P (But not nearly as much as FGO, or GFL from the sound of that)

Jul 22, 2020 12:14 PM

Sep 2017
Yeah Swiftsure was from Light. I did my event builds on the first day, actually got most of them in the first 10 build, then only took several more for Nagato (along with the others, 3 Dup Kawakze and many many Harutsuki) First 10 -

I also got a two each of Hyuuga and Ise, but couldn't actually remember if they were from this event pool or just from the multitude of builds I did for Shangri-La. Paying attention outside of work hours is not my forte ^_^

I've not been able to spend much time playing the event stages unfortunately, still about 2k off the points requirement for Mutsu, and only got Haruna from exchange, but I should be able to get Mutsu and Kongou at the weekend, and that's prob as far as I'll go with it.
Jul 22, 2020 7:06 PM

Oct 2010
Wow, that is a great first 10-build. I've been doing three per days because I didn't feel like I particularly need any ships from this event, and on day 3 I got I-13, the one I was most interested in because she's a nudibranch. https://www.reddit.com/r/AzureLane/comments/dndv76/the_ultimate_sakura_ship_girls_classification/f59xaez/

After KanColle it still bothers me that Nagato is a pseudo-loli, and even though she's a critical part of the IJN meta, I probably wouldn't really want to use her unless I bought her sleepwear skin :P (Which is tempting since it's discounted) That said, ships have grown on me in the past, so maybe it'd work out. But I don't think I'll do any extra builds.

Hmm, Shangri-La was a rateup on the Special banner, not Event, so Ise and Hyuuga (normally Heavy only) wouldn't be in that pool.

I didn't even start the ISSS map until, uh, day 3? And I'm in the process of clearing D2 now, which is probably the fastest I've done a big event yet, counting from whatever point I actually started at. It's very tiresome how the fleet movement restrictions stay on even after you've killed all mobile units, until the map is lowered to Safe.
Jul 28, 2020 11:11 AM

Sep 2017
I just finished C2 and started C3 today. I can't recall if the end date of an event means it finishes in the morning (GMT) of that day or at the end of the day. I think it's the latter one though, so I may get to the D maps if I'm not on the road all day tomorrow. My work days are down to about 14hrs now, and some time is spent in the office. So it's a little better, but I also have too many games that have daily log in rewards/missions and time limited stuff and I can never bring myself to skip them

To be honest the move restrictions on event maps has always seemed fairly pointless to me. It's not like combat in AL is particularly strategic or tactical, the basis of it is be stronger than the enemy ships. So the tactical aspect is centered around using the right equipment for each ship in your fleet to maximise the effectiveness of their skills and strengths. So having "turns" in combat serves no real purpose other than requiring more screen taps/clicks and taking slightly longer.
Jul 28, 2020 9:47 PM

Oct 2010
Yeah, the sirens chasing my boss fleet while I want them to fight my mod fleet can be sort of a challenge I guess, but it mostly is just annoying extra work.

That was supposed to be "mob fleet" but now it sounds like a bunch of forum moderators or 60's mods lol

And yes, the end date is normally the last day to play on. It should end at 8 AM on Thursday morning, British time. I was able to get D2 (there's no D3) down to safe, buuut it's pretty pointless to grind it, since there's hardly anything of value in the shop after the DR blueprints. I got Kongou from D2 and then started grinding Fallen Wings again, was just about to enable clearing mode when a second North Carolina dropped (got the first from build, haven't fully limit broken her yet) followed immediately by my target, West Virginia. So that's some core data saved.

Continued 3x daily build has yielded Nagato and another I-13, but no Suzuya (would be nice but can wait) or Kawakaze (not really interested). Also no Fumizuki, who's rated up at at 5%. She's cute, I'll probably put in some extra rolls for her.
Dec 7, 2020 12:47 PM

Sep 2017
Barely had any time to play recently - not exactly a new, issue but it as become worse the closer we get to Christmas. I did manage to put the remainder of my cubes to some use though, got 2 of Princeton from a single 10 build at the end of the last event - which I did not play at all, and since I ran out of cubes completely I've been doing the 10-15 mins of daily missions required to get 6 for the 3 per day builds on the current one. Thus far I have Monica, Nagisa and Marie Rose. I may attempt to play it enough to get Misaki from the event shop but not really sure how that will pan out.

Dropped a few other games entirely but trying to stick with AL because it doesn't really restrict you in any way if you're not throwing money at it. More of a pay to waifu game than pay to win/play, and I do enjoy the art and the (sometimes tenuous) historical references
Dec 7, 2020 6:58 PM

Oct 2010
Ganbare :)

What's even happened since July, uh, I got Shinano after 140 builds and another at 170, then completed 200 to get the spare for LB, not sure I even needed it (the UR bulin currency comes pretty quickly if you have time for dailies) but anyway I was able to quickly MLB my Shinano while keeping my first URin locked. I got Princeton by grinding the map, I like her in general but I don't like how she's obsessed with Saratoga... because I'm not really a fan of Saratoga, I don't like it when big/older ships are lolis or young teen size, there are more than enough DDs and unintroduced submarines as it is. (There are also too many large-breast ships, need more medium- and small-chested adults, but whatever)

I got the DoA ships and I've been grinding the event well, I haven't played a single volleyball minigame yet though :P

Have you been doing the free pulls in Kirara Fantasia?
Dec 20, 2020 11:27 AM

Sep 2017
Tbh, I didn't get around to manually updating it again after the last time I managed to get it working on my phone. Hopefully once Christmas is out of the way I can get back in to another game or two
Dec 20, 2020 12:11 PM

Oct 2010
Aww. I got some nice SSRs from the free pulls (though I missed the first two so I only got 18x 10-pulls instead of 20x)

Operation Siren looks cool apart from the level 128 bosses, I wonder how much will be locked behind them. Maybe just a faster rate of reward collection.
Feb 8, 2021 8:54 AM

Sep 2017
I went through chapter 1 of Op siren pretty quickly, but haven't done much on it since. I do think it's a pretty decent thing to have added to the game, but restricted by usual free time bs

Current update has some nice artwork. Prior to this I already had every Noshiro skin that's been added, and the most recent one is now in use on my secretary roster. Also never had one for Birmingham before so I grabbed that also. It's still very much winter in the UK and I like my aesthetics to match the season. The build pool has been very mean though, 3 new ship girls from a 1 cube 600 gold cost build seemed easy, but as of now I've had Ying Swei 8 times and Penelope twice, and I'm now down to zero quick finishers - I think for the first time ever. And I only got the 2 Penelope's on my last 10 build, along with Dups of Swiftsure, Denver, and my 7th & 8th Ying Swei. A pretty good pull in some ways because my Swiftsure and Denver are both level 60something and will need LB'ing soon, but I would rather have just had one Chao Ho.

Also I noticed a few weeks ago that they made guilds a bit more worthwhile now, but there still does seem to be much of a system for you to be able to view a guild & active members etc before sending or accepting a join request

Edit just remembered I also got a Biloxi in that same 10 build, it was interrupted part way through because I needed to buy more dock space and she was in the first half and (Biloxi I also have close to max LB'ing). Definitely lots of purple and yellow but not getting far with collecting the new additions - not got Mullany or Kimberly yet either.

Edit edit - I complained too soon. I left 3 ships building earlier - due to the absence of any quick finishers, and just checked in to launch them and got.. yeah Ying Swei number 9, follwed by a Koln, then Chao Ho. I've since used the two normal rarity ships I got from that last 10 build and now I'm not frustrated I can appreciate that it was a good 10 build. I Sorted by time joined, so minus the two I used for enhancing my last 13 builds run backward from the first Penelope - The dup Sirius I got in the build before will also be useful, Montpelier was my first ever SR though, so already maxed long ago

ArcaedesFeb 8, 2021 10:04 AM
Feb 9, 2021 7:51 PM

Oct 2010
I've ended up becoming an officer in the guild Ara Armada, there's not much to do in-game but the Discord is pretty fun :P

I haven't progressed past the OpSi tutorial. From the way the guild guys talk about it, it sounds like too much effort for not enough reward, and the devs keep making QoL improvements, so it seems waiting will pay off. I don't need any of the Ashes ships shown so far. Bismarck Meta could be a must-have, if she turns out to be the IB ship they choose. (Or they could be lame and pick someone like Eugen)

I also retired a dupe Montpellier from this banner :P I've done 60 builds, 10 per day, and I've got 4 Penelope and 1 Chao Ho, no Ying Swei. Here's today's:

There are a couple more free 10-pulls coming in KF: https://www.reddit.com/r/KiraraFantasia/comments/l59uau/campaign_magazinespecific_summon_renewal/
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Getting the Anthology Manga into the database?

Chiakiiis - May 6, 2018

0 by Chiakiiis »»
May 6, 2018 12:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.