Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 4, 2019 10:01 AM

Jun 2013
Very poor directed for a comedy, they should have taken the sket dance aproach, I don't know what they trying to prove, at the meeting scene, people is so stiff and serious, i thought it gonna be like that danganronpa anime. I try to read the manga and it has a totally difference atmosphere.
The pacing is a problem too, they throwed in a bunch of random still life scene, totally unnecessary.
The VA is sometime cringy as f, I have had enough of cute sounding girl.
Kakalot977Jul 4, 2019 1:06 PM
Am I thou, thou art I
Jul 4, 2019 10:16 AM

Apr 2019
Hmm, i have to disagree on some things.
The Comedy was done excellent in my Opinion, also they were similarly stiff at the meeting in the beginning in the Manga, it would be weird if they weren't, like who acts like they are best friends with strangers they never saw? me certainly not.
Can't really talk about the pacing after 1 Episode, i do think it could ve been faster but i don't really have an issue with that for the first Ep, they managed to create decent tension especially the Gravity-like thing they did with Aries was cool.
As long as they take a faster approach in the upcoming episodes i don't have an issue with that, if they only do 2 chapters per ep, yes that would be too slow for my taste, still life? except for the comedic still life scenes i don't remember any, and they were decent, i liked it.
The only thing that bugged me was that they included that anime only friendship handholding- catch Kanata scene since it wasn't in the Manga and Kanata grabbed the wire.
That said i do headcanon it that they were just under intense pressure and didn't think of it, and thats why they didn't grab the wire and jump to catch them.
Ah yeah the cinematic aspect ratio change was so fucking unnecessary as well seriously..
I like all the VA's so i gotta disagree there too, except for Luca, he sounds weird, but i know why they chose a VA like that..
The Sound directing was absolutely on point though.
Nim0174Jul 4, 2019 11:22 AM
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 4, 2019 12:57 PM

Aug 2012
Hmm i don't mind comedic scenes that fall flat as long as they pull of the story twists well. But i do agree that some comedic lines didn't work for me too and you are right about it being a poor direction in there. They cut of an intense background music immediately for Kanata's joke which comes of weird in one of the scenes. Also that hand holding/chain thing bugged me too, because at this point in the story noone really trusts one another (except Quitterie and Zack maybe) to hold hands and create a chain in space. I bet they did add this scene so they can make this a flashback in a future episode to remind "trusting each other is important" theme.
Overall these are little things, and there are more positives than negatives if you ask me. Kanata no Astra manga won the Manga Taisho Award this year which is given by bookstore clerks. So of course anime will have it hard surpassing the manga. But i am really happy that one of my favorite science fiction story getting an adaptation which is rare nowadays, because every studio throwing money to isekai genre.
Jul 4, 2019 1:19 PM

Jun 2013
sanovagobong said:
Hmm i don't mind comedic scenes that fall flat as long as they pull of the story twists well. But i do agree that some comedic lines didn't work for me too and you are right about it being a poor direction in there. They cut of an intense background music immediately for Kanata's joke which comes of weird in one of the scenes. Also that hand holding/chain thing bugged me too, because at this point in the story noone really trusts one another (except Quitterie and Zack maybe) to hold hands and create a chain in space. I bet they did add this scene so they can make this a flashback in a future episode to remind "trusting each other is important" theme.
Overall these are little things, and there are more positives than negatives if you ask me. Kanata no Astra manga won the Manga Taisho Award this year which is given by bookstore clerks. So of course anime will have it hard surpassing the manga. But i am really happy that one of my favorite science fiction story getting an adaptation which is rare nowadays, because every studio throwing money to isekai genre.

As if they are trying to copy Kyoani direction, cute little girl running around, cute girl running around, girl try to be cute, is it becoming too bland, ez, just throwing a bunch of still life in it, it will become a piece of art

Yeah it does generate some "asmosphere" but then fall flat completely and totally ruins the funny part, instead of trying to follow the trend, they could have make it like naruto, funny, light heart but can becomes serious.

But no, they will just think: Just make it simple and cute, those otaku guys will drool over it it and we have the money
Am I thou, thou art I
Jul 4, 2019 1:57 PM

Aug 2012
Kakalot977 said:
sanovagobong said:

As if they are trying to copy Kyoani direction, cute little girl running around, cute girl running around, girl try to be cute, is it becoming too bland, ez, just throwing a bunch of still life in it, it will become a piece of art

Yeah it does generate some "asmosphere" but then fall flat completely and totally ruins the funny part, instead of trying to follow the trend, they could have make it like naruto, funny, light heart but can becomes serious.

But no, they will just think: Just make it simple and cute, those otaku guys will drool over it it and we have the money

I don't know how much of the manga you've read but so far anime only adapted the first 2 chapters and those were introduction to characters and an intro to the story. The story will become serious (especially later half) and the characters will evolve. I wrote this in an another discussion but i will put it here too so you can understand why "we" (who have read the manga) regard this as a great manga.
When Kanata no Astra was publishing readers were expecting another great comedy manga from Shinohara Kenta who previously done SKET Dance, fans were confused because it was a straightforward science-fiction story about a group of kids lost in space. And unlike SKET Dance, this series published as an online series which mangaka had trouble to advertise it in this form. He tells the story of him creating a twitter account just to spread the news of him working on this manga. His tweets then started to get more attraction when the manga entered its second half of the story.
The reason that the manga getting popular was mostly about unexpected plot twists in the story which explained why all the 2 dimentional archetype characters (that you don't like) were making sense and evolving. The cherry on top was the last volume which had the big twists that noone saw coming made the manga an award winner.
Now you seem pretty dissatisfied with the anime and it is okay noone has to like the anime, but if you like good science fiction i highly suggest you read Kanata no Astra manga to the end.
Jul 4, 2019 1:58 PM

Nov 2014
I haven't read the manga so I have nothing to compare it to but I really enjoyed this first episode so maybe I'll enjoy the anime on it's own merits and then read the apparently superior manga afterwards.
Forum Signature
Jul 4, 2019 2:28 PM
Apr 2016
Blah blah ... Blah

If that is the kind of comedy they have in the original source, please, by any and all means, don't adapt it. Me, my braincells and refined humour taste will be just fine.
Re:formed
Jul 4, 2019 2:47 PM

Apr 2019
Daniel_Naumov said:
Blah blah ... Blah

If that is the kind of comedy they have in the original source, please, by any and all means, don't adapt it. Me, my braincells and refined humour taste will be just fine.

Thats what i think about Gintama, should've skipped all kinds of comedy and just done the serious Arcs.
Stop going on Threads of Anime you don't enjoy in order to bash them unconstructively.
Look at me, i have class, i don't go to threads about Koe no Katachi and Gintama or other Anime and tell them all how shit their stupid Anime are directly, or indirectly. How about you stop crawling around at the level of some peasant and get that same human decency instead of always inticing bullshit because your empty life is solely fueled by online conflict.
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 4, 2019 3:06 PM
Apr 2016
Nim0174 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
Blah blah ... Blah

Thats what i think about Gintama, should've skipped all kinds of comedy and just done the serious Arcs.
Stop going on Threads of Anime you don't enjoy in order to bash them unconstructively.
Look at me, i have class, i don't go to threads about Koe no Katachi and Gintama or other Anime and tell them all how shit their stupid Anime are directly, or indirectly. How about you stop crawling around at the level of some peasant and get that same human decency instead of always inticing bullshit because your empty life is solely fueled by online conflict.

I will spare you further humiliation (since you clearly did not learn) and openly tell you that I am amazed with this series and am looking forward to the children's adventure through the stars. But well done trying to paint yourself a human decency at my expense. Very heroic, bandit.

However, as I posses a properly working consciousness, it does not mean I will blindly take in every aspekt of it. The humour we were slapped throughout the episode (hopefully it takes more serious approach as they face dire situations on their journey) is somewhat 2.5 rate and does not hold candle to, say, GINTAMA. Maybe children would actually enjoy this kind of out-of-place gestures and expressions. Either way I do not let subpar humour anyhow get in a way of my admiring yet another outstanding series, which properly employs symbolism and creates an encompassing atmosphere.and has a tall girl that has already fallen in love with little prince
Re:formed
Jul 4, 2019 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
There's been one episode out. Calm your obnoxious tits.
Jul 24, 2019 3:30 PM

Apr 2014
If the manga is better then read the manga. Don't watch the anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.