Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 27, 2019 5:19 AM
May 2019
Last winter was an amazing season for anime. Spring was meh but the upcoming season looks pretty good with anime such as fire force, vinland saga, dr stone etc... What are your thoughts
j_coleman15Jun 27, 2019 6:26 AM
Jun 27, 2019 5:26 AM

Oct 2014
Dr. Stone's animation in the PV doesn't seem like it's there, so i'm not convinced on it.

Fire Force and Vinland Saga definitely, as they're both being done by proven studios and shown great animation in their PVs (spare Vinland's very awkward 3D), i particularly think Vinland Saga will be the best going into the season as the source material is very high rated.

I know people are excited for Danmachi S2 from JC, and Accelerator fans. Seems a bit much though, JC Staff has 6 things coming out this summer, 4 of which are TV series.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Jun 27, 2019 5:31 AM

Oct 2017
I never trust hype for new stuff. I will watch the first episode of most shows and judge from there. I will say that the art looks good in Dr Stone and what I hear about Fire Force sounds like it might work for me.

New stuff aside, I'm super excited about season 2 of DanMachi and Takagi-san.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jun 27, 2019 5:34 AM
May 2019
Yea ur right on the dr stone, looks really weird and stupid tbh but apparently the manga is amazing so im still going to try it

A couple of people have said that the vinland saga manga was amazing but they wish they never created it as an anime coz they reckon its going to be ruined, kinda sad but we'll see

Fuck i cant wait for fire force, looks epic as

Jun 27, 2019 5:36 AM
May 2019
Why first ep? Alot of animes take a bit to warm up, you should probably continue them to at least ep 3 to fully decide tbh

Ive never seen DanMachi and Takagi San, is it good
Jun 27, 2019 5:44 AM
May 2018
I've heard Dr. Stone is going to be pretty good. But, some people say that it'll be bad. I've watched a lot of anime that are pretty boring, but you have to remember that the first episode is just an introduction and foreshadowing. Who knows? Maybe, it's just the anime you were looking for. I sometimes watch the first episode and find it boring so I leave it, but when there's nothing to watch just continue watching even just an episode. You'll get hooked and hey, if you don't like it you don't like it. If someone starts going "How do you not like--?!", it's probably a joke, but if it's not, just remember that otaku typically hold on to their opinions as this stuff. Because, for some people this type of stuff is the only thing nice to them.
Ari26Jun 27, 2019 5:47 AM
Jun 27, 2019 5:50 AM

Jan 2009
im just gonna watch Fire Force (sakuga fest and Soul Eater mangaka) and Vinland Saga (to see what the hype is all about)
Jun 27, 2019 5:51 AM
May 2019
deg said:
im just gonna watch Fire Force (sakuga fest and Soul Eater mangaka) and Vinland Saga (to see what the hype is all about)

Yea same here but maybe a couple others
Jun 27, 2019 5:53 AM
May 2019
Pylia said:
Considering my dissatisfaction with the spring season, I hope for summer to turn out not so bad, which I'm a bit afraid of for now since there isn't anything as promising as Sarazanmai was, to at least have one save anchor to deliver a mesmerizing show, or a huge quantity of promising and, at least, good shows.
That said, it's not like there aren't any interesting titles like Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo or Fire Force(mainly for the visuals), but they're definitely not enough to carry a whole season for me.
As for sequels, I've to see how Accelerator turns out since I can't deny my doubts after the latest developments. For the other one, Symphogear XV is probably my safest bet on a satisfactory experience, and possibly my AOTS, depending on how the new titles are able to deliver, so there's still hope for summer to be better than spring, or even good.

Additionally, Totsukuni no Shoujo is definitely my highest expected anime, but it isn't a weekly seasonal but an OVA-short, hence my distinction from the other "seasonals."

Dissatisfaction from last season? I thought their were plenty greats, promised neverland, kaguya sama, dororo, and plenty more i havent got around to
Jun 27, 2019 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
Dr. Stone is the only one I really am looking forward to, the manga's great.
The rest I will check once one or two episodes are out, but I do plan to limit my seasonals to 2 or 3 this summer, there's just so much older stuff I wanna see, that has priority right now.

Jun 27, 2019 5:56 AM

Oct 2014
j_coleman15 said:
Pylia said:
Considering my dissatisfaction with the spring season, I hope for summer to turn out not so bad, which I'm a bit afraid of for now since there isn't anything as promising as Sarazanmai was, to at least have one save anchor to deliver a mesmerizing show, or a huge quantity of promising and, at least, good shows.
That said, it's not like there aren't any interesting titles like Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo or Fire Force(mainly for the visuals), but they're definitely not enough to carry a whole season for me.
As for sequels, I've to see how Accelerator turns out since I can't deny my doubts after the latest developments. For the other one, Symphogear XV is probably my safest bet on a satisfactory experience, and possibly my AOTS, depending on how the new titles are able to deliver, so there's still hope for summer to be better than spring, or even good.

Additionally, Totsukuni no Shoujo is definitely my highest expected anime, but it isn't a weekly seasonal but an OVA-short, hence my distinction from the other "seasonals."

Dissatisfaction from last season? I thought their were plenty greats, promised neverland, kaguya sama, dororo, and plenty more i havent got around to
None of those are from Spring, those are from Winter.

Spring is here https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2019/spring

Jun 27, 2019 6:01 AM

Mar 2018
I don’t see anything interesting, I will probably watch Mix and catch up with previous seasons.
Jun 27, 2019 6:04 AM
Dec 2013
Vinland Saga is going to get most people's attention, seeing that the manga ranks #30 on MAL, and I expect the anime to be as good as its source material. Fire Force manga ranks pretty low on MAL, so I don't really see many people liking the anime.
wildhoodJun 27, 2019 6:21 AM
Jun 27, 2019 6:18 AM
May 2019
wildhood said:
Vinland Saga is going to get most people's attention, seeing that the manga ranks #30 on MAL, and I expect the anime to be as good as it's source material. Fire Force manga ranks pretty low on MAL, so I don't really see people liking the anime.

R u going to still watch it? Coz animation nice and creators promising
Jun 27, 2019 6:19 AM

Oct 2010
Looking forward to Joshikousei no Mudazukai and Tejina-senpai, I love ecchi anime and don't know why but they are fewer each season. Vinland Saga and Takagi-san shoulb be fine I guess.
Jun 27, 2019 6:19 AM
May 2019
mneav3 said:
I don’t see anything interesting, I will probably watch Mix and catch up with previous seasons.

Still watch it in case, u might really enjoy it
Jun 27, 2019 6:21 AM
May 2019
Lunilah said:
j_coleman15 said:

Bahahahaah sorry for my confusion only kinda new to the game, and yea last season was pre meh
Jun 27, 2019 6:22 AM
May 2019
Pylia said:
j_coleman15 said:

All the ones you mentioned are from the winter season which I thought to be good too, although I didn't like Promised Neverland, Kaguya-sama, and Dororo.

Bahahaha yea just realised, sorry new to the game... But anyways u didnt like Promised Neverland, Kaguya-sama, and Dororo? Ive never seen dororo but kaguya sama and promised neverland were amazing as, what didnt u like about them?
Jun 27, 2019 6:23 AM
May 2019
Catalano said:
Looking forward to Joshikousei no Mudazukai and Tejina-senpai, I love ecchi anime and don't know why but they are fewer each season. Vinland Saga and Takagi-san shoulb be fine I guess.

Bahahahah ive never seen an ecchi anime idk if i ever will
Jun 27, 2019 6:24 AM

Oct 2014
j_coleman15 said:
Lunilah said:

Bahahahaah sorry for my confusion only kinda new to the game, and yea last season was pre meh
Looking at summer before experiencing it, i would say Spring is better for what i've watched. That being OPM, AOT, Demon Slayer, Isekai Quartet, and Carole & Tuesday.

Jun 27, 2019 6:26 AM
Dec 2013
j_coleman15 said:
wildhood said:
Vinland Saga is going to get most people's attention, seeing that the manga ranks #30 on MAL, and I expect the anime to be as good as it's source material. Fire Force manga ranks pretty low on MAL, so I don't really see people liking the anime.

Yeah, I'm still going to watch it. I mean yeah, it's by the creator of Soul Eater, but the thing is, I didn't like Soul Eater. But I might like this, though.
Jun 27, 2019 6:28 AM
May 2019
wildhood said:
j_coleman15 said:

Yeah, I'm still going to watch it. I mean yeah, it's by the creator of Soul Eater, but the thing is, I didn't like Soul Eater. But I might like this, though.

Oh shit that sucks.... Ive never seen soul eater, what was your problems with it
Jun 27, 2019 6:28 AM

Oct 2010
j_coleman15 said:
Catalano said:

You can always start, but only when you're ready. Still, there are some few ecchi shots in code geass.
Jun 27, 2019 6:30 AM
May 2019
Lunilah said:
j_coleman15 said:

Looking at summer before experiencing it, i would say Spring is better for what i've watched. That being OPM, AOT, Demon Slayer, Isekai Quartet, and Carole & Tuesday.

Demon slayer is quite good but pre generic with some hidden gems, but i stopped watching aot cos it got really weird for me idk, apparently this was their best season aye, might have to get back into it
Jun 27, 2019 6:32 AM
May 2019
Catalano said:
j_coleman15 said:

You can always start, but only when you're ready. Still, there are some few ecchi shots in code geass.

Yea i guess so but idk about watching an anime entirely for the reason of ecchi, ecchi means like sex or sexual scenes and shit aye
Jun 27, 2019 6:35 AM

Oct 2014
j_coleman15 said:
Lunilah said:

Demon slayer is quite good but pre generic with some hidden gems, but i stopped watching aot cos it got really weird for me idk, apparently this was their best season aye, might have to get back into it
I think there's a lot more wrong with Demon Slayer than it being generic, since generic is just a blanket term, but it's too much for me to go into before it's even over. But last season (spring) was very successful with shows from both high profile studios and otherwise, there isn't as much of it in summer but it's still there. I don't think Summer looks bad at all.

Jun 27, 2019 6:37 AM

Oct 2010
j_coleman15 said:
Catalano said:

Yea i guess so but idk about watching an anime entirely for the reason of ecchi, ecchi means like sex or sexual scenes and shit aye

Ecchi also means hot girls in skimpy outfits, the plot can be good and the sexual innuendos be not that in the face, stuff like Kiddy Grade.
Jun 27, 2019 6:39 AM
May 2019
Catalano said:
j_coleman15 said:

Ecchi also means hot girls in skimpy outfits, the plot can be good and the sexual innuendos be not that in the face, stuff like Kiddy Grade.

Bahahahaha yea i guess i might start one day, what do u recommend that aint to messed bahahah
Jun 27, 2019 6:49 AM

Oct 2010
@j_coleman15 Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai, comedy
Amanchu, (no ecchi) slice of life but the girls swim in their swimsuits all the time
Fairy Tail, battle shonen
Darling in the FranXX
Dragonaut, it has a plot, romance

But back to the thread, I'll try Cop Craft too because it's from the same author who made Full Metal Panic, so it should be something.
CatalanoJun 27, 2019 6:54 AM
Jun 27, 2019 7:22 AM
Jean Michel Salt

Oct 2015
I will probably watch vinland saga and dr stone to see why most people are hype about them also i will watch some sequel to aru accelerator, dan machi and yami shibai.
Then i will probably ad some random seasonal or just watch something already release.
PS: I am hype about the second season of king avatar also.

Jun 27, 2019 10:25 AM

Jun 2017
Well, Vinland Saga is probably not my type but I will watch it anyway, Dr Stone seems not bad and Fire Force seems good but there is always SoL and CGDCT stuff and I look for Machikado Mazoku the most among others
Jun 28, 2019 12:04 PM
Feb 2014
For me it looks like a good season, according to my tastes, i'm interested in Dr. Stone, Enen no Shouboutai, Cop Craft, Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga and Ni no Kuni.

Usually, i have found that in the last couple of years the summer season matches my taste the most when it comes to the anime that are airing then.

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Jun 28, 2019 2:37 PM

Oct 2008
Manga I've read:

1.Vinland Saga (read most of the manga, reminds me of "Berserk" . If done by "Wit" I think it should and will be brilliant) Same for "Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e"

2.Arifureta (read some of the manga, not impressed but hopeful it doesn't turn in to a "Death March" clone, that is my only hope). Same for "Maou-sama, Retry and Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba"

Anime I'm familiar with:

1.Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator (because of this I'm gonna have to rewatch all of "index and railgun", not sure if I should be happy or tense.

2.Lord El-Melloi II (it's "Fate" so I am looking forward to it)

3.DanMachi - well I hope it's good (I liked the original and Sword Oratoria as well)

Anime I know nothing about but am hopeful for:

Cop Craft
Bem
Dr. Stone
Tejina-senpai
Kochouki

And about 10 others.
Jun 29, 2019 12:56 AM

Jul 2017
im certainly going to watch dr.stone and vinland saga
and recently my friends somehow managed to convince me into watching lord el-melloi
Jun 29, 2019 1:41 AM

Apr 2015
I have word from good sources that of the upcoming season the production schedules of Vinland Saga and Fire Force are coming along incredibly well, so they should hold up well even at the end of the season. The only thing that worries me is the couple occasions of poor CG in the Vinland Saga PVs, hopefully they're a once off and it's not being left to WIT studio's B-Team.

Dr. Stone will undoubtedly do well thanks to its manga popularity in Japan, however I wouldn't trust TMS Entertainment, the studio behind the show.

In regards to continuing anime, ufotable have given the go ahead to Kimetsu no Yaiba, which they have confirmed will be continuing right into next season without a break. Probably the best animated show I've ever seen alongside AoT S3 P2. Fruits Basket is also continuing nicely and I hope it holds up.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

114 by vampirismsxc »»
57 seconds ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

86 by vampirismsxc »»
4 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - 18 minutes ago

2 by deg »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

40 by deg »»
10 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

228 by KeyiOs »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.