Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 9, 2019 1:58 PM

Aug 2018
ezikialrage said:
No I would not betray my country for anime regardless of who the president is. Only a piece of shit would betray their country. I am sure someone will bring up Nazi German, Soviet Union, Cuba, North Korea, China or some other shithole dictator ran country. the US is not any of those places.
very well said mate, people here talk about betraying their country so easy...
Enjoy the ride...
Jun 10, 2019 11:34 AM

Aug 2009
Noboru said:
If my country declared war on Japan, because my country would be evil, then I would go against it even without the freebies. However, if Japan were the evil country, then I'd rather have it liberated and get the goods the usual way. In the end, peace time is better than war, anyway, so I would try to prevent it in the first place... or so I say, but in reality, I would most-likely just try to get away from the conflict zone.

ezikialrage said:
No I would not betray my country for anime regardless of who the president is. Only a piece of shit would betray their country. I am sure someone will bring up Nazi German, Soviet Union, Cuba, North Korea, China or some other shithole dictator ran country. the US is not any of those places.
What if the government betrays the country? Also, who says the US can't become a dictator-run country or that dictator-run country have to be shitholes? The US aren't as clean when you look at San Francisco. It's so bad, there's even a map with all the incidents (warning: may take long to load/high resources)

San Fransicso is the way it is because loony libs kept electing other loony libs to office. The US is not a dictator ran country. Our system of government is set up to prevent dictatorships.
Jun 10, 2019 11:49 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
never been "loyal" to it in the first place.

I'm only loyal to people close to me.
Jun 10, 2019 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
My country was long colonialized by western countries and Japan (total 3.5 centuries) and it was hard to get the Indepence. Even now, my country is still in struggle of capitalism's influence through economy. Rich people in town may not feel it, but there's a so large gap between the poor and the rich in reality. I dislike some corrupt governments but betraying my whole country isn't the answer. Not mention betraying my country will betray Sukarno and other Indonesian heroes' struggle in the past. I am a nationalist btw.
Jun 11, 2019 6:09 AM

Jan 2009
ezikialrage said:
San Fransicso is the way it is because loony libs kept electing other loony libs to office. The US is not a dictator ran country. Our system of government is set up to prevent dictatorships.
But that's democracy. You get what the majority elects. On the other hand, if America were run by a dictator who would be against any form of littering, the streets would look cleaner than nowadays.
What is not now might become so in the future. How can the system of government guarantee that it won't come to that?
Jun 11, 2019 6:10 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Yeah, sure. I like my country, but I don't owe it my absolute loyalty and if something preferential to me comes my way then I'd sell it out in a heartbeat.

Getting shit like that is preferential to me, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm not a hard-sell, especially if I disagree with what we're doing. It'd also depend heavily on *why* the war started, though. If I'm neutral towards or unhappy with my country's role in it, I'd be infinitely more likely to take that bribe than if I were in agreement with whatever the reason for going to war with Japan may be.

I think the only thing I wouldn't sell out for the things that are listed - and, assuming I'm neutral or unhappy with my country's role in the war - are individuals close to me specifically, or if the selling out would help prudes and the type of social fearmongers who target media specifically in the long-term while only helping me in the short term. People who want to control what media is allowed to portray on moral grounds should not be given any room to work with and I really would rather die than help them out in any way.

I assume neutral or unhappy because I can't think of a context in the current global environment where I'd be anything other than neutral or unhappy with my country declaring a war on another country, let alone Japan, a democratic and capitalist nation. It'd have to be in response to something incredibly significant, like an invasion from an authoritarian regime. Unless Japan randomly decides to try to recolonize South Korea or something and we're stepping in to help fight off an invader in that sense, I doubt I'd consider war an option.
ManabanJun 11, 2019 6:21 AM

Jun 11, 2019 6:14 AM
Oct 2018
For a bunch of blu ray and dvd and manga releases then absolutely yes no doubt
Jun 22, 2019 5:09 PM

Jul 2017
i don't care and i'll continue to do what im doing
but losing access to anything japanese is a hard loss for me since im a weeb
i can still live without anime/manga or anything oriented from japan but it would be quite anti-fun without anime and manga
Jun 22, 2019 5:28 PM
Jun 2019
I can't do it as much as I love the fanservice I could never call myself an American by turning my back on my country no matter who is at the helm. I'm sorry eechi hentai library but I'll just befriend an old pervert and inherit his stash instead
Jun 22, 2019 5:33 PM
Jul 2018
wtf bro you just posted cringe you're gonna lose subscribers bro not funny dislike 😠👊👊👊👊
Jun 22, 2019 5:42 PM

Oct 2013
Yes of course I'm totally for but Id prefer not to have Swedish manga
make it english for manga and then just english subs for the DVD/BLURAY

The reason I'm so willing is because my country already betrayed me the second they let in rapists/criminals and more religious people into the country yet our own people dying from lack of funding for what is needed as our tax money is wasted on the wrong things
Jun 22, 2019 7:05 PM

Nov 2018
depends.. if they get a japanese dude to do the german Im going to die reading that xD but Id probably do it for the hentai tbh, there isnt much to spy anyway
Jun 23, 2019 12:36 PM

Jul 2015
Yes, I would sell the good ole USA out for anime!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» When was the last time you felt happy/satisfied after watching an anime episode? :)

Rinrinka - Mar 27

15 by bucciest »»
4 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - Today

47 by Pinoffin »»
6 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - Today

6 by IpreferEcchi »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » hate watching

deg - Apr 14

49 by Kenzolo-folk »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

60 by bucciest »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.