Forum Settings
Forums

Call of Duty Modern Warfare , is CoD going back to classics ?

New
May 30, 2019 11:54 AM

Dec 2015
Hey guys today it got revealed a new trailer for a new CoD game.
I was playing almost all cods excluding cod4-mw1 and black ops 4.
But Today they give us a hope for a really good old Call of Duty , because Captain Price is back , Infinity Ward with New Engine and with a modern military gameplay with real novadays weapons.
I can't wait to see a gameplay and to buy this game.

May 30, 2019 2:39 PM

Aug 2012
So it's Moderner Warfare? They better remake MW2 next year.
May 30, 2019 2:42 PM

Dec 2016
Anecdotally speaking, it feels like Call of Duty's recent installments have been so bad that they just dragged the series' reputation down so much that it will never recover. I know that's the way I feel about Call of Duty, at least. I'm not really interested in their games anymore even though I used to play them all the time.

What's the difference?
May 30, 2019 5:28 PM

Dec 2014
I actually quite liked this. I bought BO4 last year and that was the first CoD game I played since I don't know MW3? It was fun for a while but I eventually stopped playing it, totally wasn't worth the money I spent especially since there was no campaign and I generally do like CoD campaigns, at least back in the golden age of CoD I did.

This on the other hand looks pretty interesting, I think I heard somewhere it'll be an alternate telling of sorts to the first MW which I'm assuming means we're getting a campaign. :)
Will definitely be watching this, will wait for gameplay and other reveals before deciding to buy.
May 30, 2019 6:32 PM

Nov 2011
will the game come with free doritos?
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
May 30, 2019 6:48 PM

Oct 2015
DreamingBeats said:

It comes with free DLC and no season pass
May 30, 2019 6:59 PM

Nov 2011
Nightmare21st said:
DreamingBeats said:

but what about doritos?!
edit: cheetos are good too.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
May 30, 2019 9:07 PM
Jul 2018
Nightmare21st said:
DreamingBeats said:

until all the positive reviews come out, then a month later they update the game and add all the aids microtransactions/season pass/p2w/dlc/etc
May 30, 2019 9:43 PM

Oct 2015
xMx16 said:
Nightmare21st said:

until all the positive reviews come out, then a month later they update the game and add all the aids microtransactions/season pass/p2w/dlc/etc

No after all the backlash on the last one, they know its their last shot so if they mess it up they are done. Thats why I think they won't do it, but we will see
May 30, 2019 9:56 PM
Jul 2018
Nightmare21st said:
xMx16 said:

No after all the backlash on the last one, they know its their last shot so if they mess it up they are done. Thats why I think they won't do it, but we will see

i dont think its their last shot, and actually even if it was the executive types are so out of touch im sure they wouldnt realize it

theyre probably on some island resort vacation right now paid for by millions of morons buying a 5 pixel dot sight for 1$
May 31, 2019 1:56 AM

Sep 2018
They should just give up on it, it's been bled dry by SJWs, loot boxes, DLC and turned it into something everyone hates but it generated more money for the last quarter so they think they've done good.
May 31, 2019 4:43 AM

Dec 2015

Loot boxes as the fact they weren't that bad , but I don't remember in which CoD , but the weapons skin could also give you some additional effects , maybe it was in Advanced Warfare?

But in WW2 or in Infinity W if I remember well there weren't any boost from the skins of loot boxes which wasn't that bad , but the payment etc. DLC which gives you mostly new weapons and skins without any gameplay additions also succs , the only good dlc were these in which you could get few maps for multiplayer/zombie like in Black Ops or perhaps in WW2?

But firstly we need to see the gameplay to judge how it look like , from one youtuber who was in presentation the singleplayer has 2 main characters , one soldier who fight along with Captain Price and the second main character is probably a girl who fights in some revolutionary army or something like that.
May 31, 2019 9:00 AM

Dec 2016
Nightmare21st said:
DreamingBeats said:

I thought that was an unconfirmed rumor. It seems unlikely to me, but if that really is the case, then I may actually give this game a shot.

But either way, if DLC is free, expect there to be A LOT of microtransactions.

Edit: Yeah I think there is no season pass confirmed.
DaemonMay 31, 2019 9:27 AM

What's the difference?
May 31, 2019 9:09 AM

Oct 2018

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
May 31, 2019 9:51 AM

Oct 2013
Simplicity and quality dedicated servers is what made COD great. It all wen't downhill with WaW.

xfire and promod servers, now those were the times
May 31, 2019 1:23 PM

Oct 2017
Reminds me when it was all about special operators. SAS, Marines fast roping, highly dangerous terrorists no excesively futuristic shit , just good old FPS.

Also good to see Cpt Price.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
May 31, 2019 5:48 PM

Sep 2014
Why are people getting so hyped about this? They haven't even introduced a gameplay trailer yet. It's going to get overhyped, and it's going to crash and burn (for the fans) just like it always has for the past 5 years. As my favorite COD philosopher on Youtube has said, "keep your expectations in check, because Activision and Infinity Wars hasn't proved anything besides ripping off their customers."
Jun 1, 2019 12:27 AM

Jul 2009
Looks like Activision finally got their heads out of their own butts and realized that everything after the original Modern Warfare games were a mistake.
Jun 1, 2019 2:36 AM

Feb 2015
Every fucking time a new Cod releases, they trying to go "back to the roots". New Modern Warfare, new Black Ops, MW HD Remaster, World War 2 again and now Modern Warfare AGAIN. For 10 years every time a new game comes out people are fooled to believe that this time it will be finally good again. And it never is. It's always the same overpriced shit; a terrible campaign that everyone hates and an unbalanced mess of a multiplayer that's dead after a year. I think the only reason this series is even alive at this point is because people have some vaguely fun memories of the games from circa 2009 and can't let it go.
Jun 1, 2019 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
Anyone remember CoD:MW Remastered that came with Infinity Warfare 3 years ago?
No?
Oh.
Jun 2, 2019 5:32 AM

Jan 2017
Just give us a BO2 re-release with no changes but add better servers/remove the hackers. BO2 was the only thing keeping CoD alive and it was left to die with modmenus.

*or give us a WaW re-release with no added lootboxes & other sh*t and keep classic graphics, that WW2 style is aids
Jun 2, 2019 5:42 AM

Dec 2018
Only a MW2 remake could bring me back on their game
Jun 2, 2019 6:44 AM

Nov 2013
cod4 was the shit man, i remember doing gamebattles on a weekend with some of the guys playing snd, super fun. mw2 was when it kinda become meme tier with all the akimbo trash imo
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jun 2, 2019 7:17 AM

Apr 2018
Zettaiken said:
Hey guys today it got revealed a new trailer for a new CoD game.
I was playing almost all cods excluding cod4-mw1 and black ops 4.
But Today they give us a hope for a really good old Call of Duty , because Captain Price is back , Infinity Ward with New Engine and with a modern military gameplay with real novadays weapons.
I can't wait to see a gameplay and to buy this game.

I'm thinking this would be the first CoD that I buy since MW remastered, I just hope they don't include loot boxes and cod points as that would ruin it for me

Get Louder than Words ~The Story of a Field Trip, a personal project of mine, on Steam!
Jun 2, 2019 11:03 AM

Aug 2009
I will probably play it if my computer can play it. I actually enjoyed the single player modes on call of duty modern warfare. Modern Warfare 2 is my favorite, MW1 is my second favorite.

Looking at the preview there is no way someone would be smoking during a night ops mission like that. Because the lit end of a cigar and even a cigarette would light your area up on night vision.
Jun 6, 2019 12:56 PM
Feb 2016
I was one of the few who actually liked Infinite Warfare's campaign, so I'll be interested to see how they deal with this one. Hopefully, they deal with their politics with a degree of nuance.

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 7 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
7 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
9 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.