Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 3, 2019 10:10 AM
Feb 2019
I really wanted to like Angel Beats and the beginning felt promising, but I just can't like it when I think back to it due to it's very rushed state and forced story. The drama became melodrama, the jokes became forced
and anyone aside the main characters was just known by character interactions, no backstory or private talks with them. I always th

What do you think, would you still watch a 26 episodes or more long remake with a proper rewrite that fills in most plotholes too? Do you think there's any chance of that happening even today?
HunLeptoMay 3, 2019 10:15 AM
May 4, 2019 2:59 PM
Jun 2016
I wouldn‘t mind a remake but it‘s very unlikely to happen.
May 4, 2019 3:00 PM

May 2016
I don't remember Angel Beats being terribly confusing or rushed, but I did watch it like 3 years ago. I'd watch a remake, but I doubt they would make one.

May 5, 2019 1:05 AM
Feb 2019
Ponds667 said:
I don't remember Angel Beats being terribly confusing or rushed, but I did watch it like 3 years ago. I'd watch a remake, but I doubt they would make one.

I mean, one scene just focus on the comedy that lets you turn off your brain, in the next scene they slap you like 3 explanations you have to understand quickly or you're a lost sheep. Maybe it was just me who was not thinking hard enough, I don't know. Some questions weren't even answered (how time works in that world, how did the characters die, what backstory the characters had) and character interactions with most of them were really lackluster, they could have done that with more episodes added (of course they would have had to expand the plot, but atleast we would have gotten more action too).
May 5, 2019 6:14 AM

May 2016
HunLepto said:
Ponds667 said:

I mean, one scene just focus on the comedy that lets you turn off your brain, in the next scene they slap you like 3 explanations you have to understand quickly or you're a lost sheep. Maybe it was just me who was not thinking hard enough, I don't know. Some questions weren't even answered (how time works in that world, how did the characters die, what backstory the characters had) and character interactions with most of them were really lackluster, they could have done that with more episodes added (of course they would have had to expand the plot, but atleast we would have gotten more action too).

that's fair. It was one of the first shows I watched so whatever I do remember is through rose-tinted glasses.

May 5, 2019 8:21 AM
Feb 2019
Ponds667 said:
HunLepto said:

that's fair. It was one of the first shows I watched so whatever I do remember is through rose-tinted glasses.

Yeah, I can understand that as I'm the same with my first animes.
May 25, 2019 3:27 PM
Jan 2018
When you get into Anime it is like your first time maybe it was bad maybe it was good but you will remember it as gratest.
As far as the remake goes i think it whould be nice but it isnt necessary needed as this show had a good ending already
May 25, 2019 11:04 PM
Feb 2019
NecrosXS said:
When you get into Anime it is like your first time maybe it was bad maybe it was good but you will remember it as gratest.
As far as the remake goes i think it whould be nice but it isnt necessary needed as this show had a good ending already

This was definitely not in my first animes and even those that were, I can judge those just as much even though I enjoyed them. And just because it had a good ending, doesn't mean it was the greatest story ever. What I'm saying is if they fleshed out the story more, everything could have had more impact and not just for those who are over-emotional.
May 26, 2019 6:57 AM
Jan 2018
HunLepto said:
NecrosXS said:

This was definitely not in my first animes and even those that were, I can judge those just as much even though I enjoyed them. And just because it had a good ending, doesn't mean it was the greatest story ever. What I'm saying is if they fleshed out the story more, everything could have had more impact and not just for those who are over-emotional.

This wasnt not one of my First Animes eather nor do i consider it to be a grate anime it was a decent show thats all and i didnt read the manga so i cant tell if it is any difrent i just know that the ending was bit rushed and thats all. I watched it 8 years ago so i cant remember it that well.
May 26, 2019 7:58 AM
Feb 2019
NecrosXS said:
HunLepto said:

This wasnt not one of my First Animes eather nor do i consider it to be a grate anime it was a decent show thats all and i didnt read the manga so i cant tell if it is any difrent i just know that the ending was bit rushed and thats all. I watched it 8 years ago so i cant remember it that well.

Well, nothing that happened aside the emotional scenes was really memorable, so that's understandable. I was just pissed off when I sat through the show hoping it will get better, yet it didn't. Nowadays I don't really care, I let people find this post and see what they would think. Of course, many more things happened since 8 years ago, mainly it having a VN adaptation that I haven't checked out, yet people say it's better than the anime.
May 31, 2019 11:53 PM

Aug 2015
I'm watching legally now and looks like more to a remaster tbh. this is one of my first anime and watching in high quality, words can't explain how good it is.

Jul 29, 2019 12:05 PM
Dec 2018
I really hope they make another one, because i didn't cry on this one (unlike the rest of key productions) and i really really really really want Kyoto Animation to produce it, of course after they take their time healing
#kyoanistrong
Aug 6, 2019 1:52 AM

Apr 2017
I don't think a remake would be warranted or make sense. I think the story is rather solid as is.

What I would like to see is another series that takes place in the same sort of world but with different characters, issues, and resolutions.
Awoo :3
Aug 20, 2019 2:38 PM
Jul 2019
HunLepto said:
I really wanted to like Angel Beats and the beginning felt promising, but I just can't like it when I think back to it due to it's very rushed state and forced story. The drama became melodrama, the jokes became forced
and anyone aside the main characters was just known by character interactions, no backstory or private talks with them. I always th

What do you think, would you still watch a 26 episodes or more long remake with a proper rewrite that fills in most plotholes too? Do you think there's any chance of that happening even today?

When say bring a remake say must use the same first episodes i like them and bring more episodes like them (14 more), they must use the same art style( they can use the episodes from 2010) and the same voice actors. But the end must be improved. Didn't forget LiSA she must sing Yui again.
Aug 20, 2019 2:39 PM
May 2019
It doesn't need a remake original is still pretty good.
Aug 20, 2019 2:41 PM
Jul 2019
HunLepto said:

You didn't need a full rewrite you can use the same episodes from 2010. We need only more from the stuff that we love in this show and a better ending.
Aug 20, 2019 2:42 PM
Jul 2019
HunLepto said:

What's your opinion on this question?
Aug 20, 2019 2:46 PM
Jul 2019
Xstasy said:
It doesn't need a remake original is still pretty good.

I they it my comment i love the first episodes and i love yui's song but the problem is that you need more episodes to tell a story like this. The ending must be longer and better.
Aug 20, 2019 2:55 PM
Jul 2019
HunLepto said:
NecrosXS said:

Well, nothing that happened aside the emotional scenes was really memorable, so that's understandable. I was just pissed off when I sat through the show hoping it will get better, yet it didn't. Nowadays I don't really care, I let people find this post and see what they would think. Of course, many more things happened since 8 years ago, mainly it having a VN adaptation that I haven't checked out, yet people say it's better than the anime.

Yes the anime only needs more episodes to tell, the story about emotional broken teenagers really! The first episodes aren't rushed, but at the emotional part was rushed and i'm not happy with this.
But i'm happy that Yui had become a full episode she was the only character who i can understand the feelings and compared them to my own. I love her and I love Lisa.
Aug 20, 2019 2:56 PM

Jan 2009
maybe after its 10th or 20th year anniversary lol

but seriously its a plot driven story and not more on character driven story anyway
Aug 20, 2019 2:58 PM
Jul 2019
ugmon said:

It's the remake we need, we need more episodes.
Aug 20, 2019 3:00 PM
Jul 2019
Gwenze said:
ugmon said:

ugmon said:

It's not the remake we need, we need more episodes.
Gwenze said:
ugmon said:

[quote=ugmon]maybe after its 10th or 20th year anniversary lol

but seriously its a plot driven story and not more on character driven story anyway [/quote

Sry, i would say it is not the remake we need, we need more episodes.
Aug 20, 2019 3:01 PM
Jul 2019
ugmon said:

but seriously its a plot driven story and not more on character driven story anyway

I love yui great moment
Aug 20, 2019 3:06 PM

Jan 2009
@Gwenze

isnt there like 2-3 OVA episodes already though? you need more? lol
Aug 20, 2019 3:08 PM
Jul 2019
ugmon said:
@Gwenze

I only watched one of them i didn't where i can watch the second. I know what you mean.
Aug 20, 2019 3:15 PM
Jul 2019
ugmon said:
@Gwenze

ugmon said:
@Gwenze

I think the most people become in love with the show at the end, because they can connect, like me for example with yui about a live with unused chances and hope for a future who you can be live that life what you like to live.
Aug 20, 2019 3:19 PM

Jan 2009
@Gwenze

i can only recommend reading the manga and light novels of it since text base stories are more character driven so you can fall in love with the characters more that way

EDIT:

@Gwenze

found this https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1710678
Aug 20, 2019 3:23 PM
Jul 2019
ugmon said:
@Gwenze

i can only recommend reading the manga and light novels of it since text base stories are more character driven so you can fall in love with the characters more that way

EDIT:

@Gwenze

found this https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1710678

Thank you for this. I didn't her about the manga before yet.
Aug 20, 2019 11:06 PM
Feb 2019
ugmon said:

I mean, for me, good drama seem only good with character driven stories. If you barely know anything about them aside a bit of SoL moments, you can't expect the emotions flowing through the viewer during a dramatic scene.
Aug 22, 2019 3:57 AM
Jul 2019
HunLepto said:
ugmon said:

I mean, for me, good drama seem only good with character driven stories. If you barely know anything about them aside a bit of SoL moments, you can't expect the emotions flowing through the viewer during a dramatic scene.

i think emotion can best understood with music, look at the yui episode from angels beats or your name. Both have great music pieces.
Aug 22, 2019 7:52 AM
Feb 2019
Gwenze said:
HunLepto said:

i think emotion can best understood with music, look at the yui episode from angels beats or your name. Both have great music pieces.

Music certainly helps alot, it can paint situations much better, but it should not be the main source. Like watch a good emotional anime or read a good VN, Katawa Shoujo for example, there's brilliant music there, but what really brings out the feelings are the characters and their hard goings.
Aug 24, 2019 4:14 AM
Jul 2019
HunLepto said:
Gwenze said:

Music certainly helps alot, it can paint situations much better, but it should not be the main source. Like watch a good emotional anime or read a good VN, Katawa Shoujo for example, there's brilliant music there, but what really brings out the feelings are the characters and their hard goings.

I think music is the important piece, i hear the music often without the anime and can have the same feeling when i watch the anime.
Aug 31, 2019 12:21 AM
Feb 2016
I think music is the important piece, i hear the music often without the anime and can have the same feeling when i watch the anime.[/quote]

I do the same thing. But a lot of the emotional weight of Angel Beats is reliant on its music. Sound design is fundamental, but like someone suggested before, it shouldn't be the only source.
Aug 31, 2019 1:12 AM
Feb 2016
In regards to there being a remake, Angel Beats doesn't necessarily need one. I'm biased as I've only seen the anime, but I think the anime works as a stand-alone portrayal of Angel Beats.
It is deeply flawed and has its loose ends, but it accomplished enough of what it set out to do.

The only aspect that honestly warrants a remake/continuation is the way TK, Shiina, and the others just fell off the map towards the end. Besides that, I actually like the plot holes for their ambiguity. They contribute to the overall unexplainable nature of the purgatory, which was one of the more interesting facets of Angel Beats.

As for the rest of the characters not being shown post-reincarnation, yeah that sucks. But some things are better left up to the imagination. Considering that the anime didn't flesh out all the characters, it makes sense why there was a simpler ending. For the sake of brevity and better pacing, I'm glad that most weren't treated like an mc. I feel like every character managed to fulfill an important role within the story.

Based on what others have said, I imagine between the VN and drama CDs that those who are looking for more closure or a clearer picture of the story can probably get their fix there.

tl;dr - I'm a sucker for Jun Maeda's pathos, Angel Beats is good
Sep 28, 2019 11:18 AM
Jul 2019
CascadeMedia said:
I think music is the important piece, i hear the music often without the anime and can have the same feeling when i watch the anime.

I do the same thing. But a lot of the emotional weight of Angel Beats is reliant on its music. Sound design is fundamental, but like someone suggested before, it shouldn't be the only source.[/quote]
Yes i know but without the music i wouldn't be the same
Oct 22, 2019 4:42 PM

Aug 2016
There's Last Operation, which is basically an Angel Beats remake that tells a more complete version of the story, but it's a manga and it's still ongoing.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Oct 22, 2019 10:59 PM
Feb 2019
Ryu1908 said:
There's Last Operation, which is basically an Angel Beats remake that tells a more complete version of the story, but it's a manga and it's still ongoing.

Ohh, didn't know about that. Now we can only hope someone will consider adapting it, but I won't hold my hopes high. I will peek into the manga though. Thanks for telling me that.
Nov 21, 2019 8:18 PM

Nov 2019
A defiantly would like to see a more fleshed out, properly paced version of it. As you stated, the premise and first few episodes showed a lot of promise but towards the end it just got to convoluted and messy. Still to this day I don’t really understand nor really remember the ending of it. Don’t get me wrong I still enjoyed it but it feel like it defiantly could be more. Animated and soundtrack were pretty spot on though
Nov 12, 2021 7:03 AM
Dec 2017
A reboot with the full 24 episodes would have been really awesome.

Dec 3, 2021 7:56 AM
Sep 2021
HunLepto said:
Ponds667 said:

the show litterally explained both how the characters died and the backstory of litterally most of the characters. Also time was never even a question the show picked up so why would they explain that? Sir, what show were you watching 3 years ago?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - May 14, 2010

538 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.