Forum Settings
Forums

Why do female anitubers get so little attention compared to their male counterparts?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 21, 2019 11:03 PM

Apr 2013
Why do any anitubers get any attention and have their opinions so validated when regardless of gender they usually suck a lot, is my question honestly.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Apr 21, 2019 11:11 PM

Nov 2011
HopefulNihilist said:
KaiserNazrin said:
Well, things that female anime fans like might differ from male anime fans. I mean, I don't want to hear girls talk about their husbando or their favorite gay shipping.

That...may be the case. But I find it hard to believe that the chances of a girl liking anime analysis vs a guy liking anime analysis is any less.
If that's the case, what do you think female viewers like to watch from anitubers?

I am a dude, how should I know,man. Who knows how many female otaku watch these anitubers anyway.

Apr 21, 2019 11:27 PM
Oct 2017
@nightcrawlercyp

I would rather say that it is inherently unlikely for a woman to be funny compared to men in general. Saying "women are unfunny" seems a bit too inclusive.
Apr 21, 2019 11:41 PM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
Akidearest is popular, apparently there are popular AniTubers from other countries

But, OT: I think for two reasons:

1. Audience
2. Quality of work

What do I mean by audience? I mean that according to this poll I Googled just now, there are twice as many guys as there are girls. Chances are girl AniTubers are going to appeal to what appeals to them, which likely appeals to, well girls.

For example, AkiDearest makes videos about Killing Stalking, which I imagine most (straight) guys aren't a fan of.

Even other videos are likely to be biased towards the female view, because, well, she is one, which might alienate the largely male otaku population.

The other one is quality. I'm too lazy to look up Sydsnap, I looked up Sloan and it's easy to tell her mic quality ain't great. But, point is, most female AniTubers I know don't have great quality of videos.

I think there was a greater representation of female AniTubers back when Podtaku and OKKO Anime Club were things, because though they had males to represent the male voice, there were females, too. It's a shame that there isn't a massive podcast like Podtaku on anymore, because it gave a lot of smaller AniTubers a time to shine.

The only high-quality AniTube channels I can think of that have solid female representation is AkiDearest and some of the videos of Anime America (and, well, The Pedantic Romantic, which I don't quite count because she gained her following when she was a dude, and then transitioned to a female).

@HopefulNihilist (because I'm interested on your thoughts on my thoughts)

Edit: Looked up Sydsnap. Needs better lighting. Also needs a better voice. Some voices are just annoying (both male and female), and I think hers falls into this category (RIP)

Edit 2: A personal example of how audience vs writer plays in even in analytical videos, if I were to write an analytical video right now, it'd probably be about Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! and the nature of parodies.
However, I highly doubt most dudes would be interested in CHEDCL! in the first place. Maybe about the nature of parodies, yeah, but the package it's in wouldn't be appealing to them.

Edit 3: Now I really want to write something about the nature of parodies.
OfDeathandLoveApr 21, 2019 11:48 PM

Apr 21, 2019 11:50 PM

Aug 2012
trenchantbaka said:
@nightcrawlercyp

I would rather say that it is inherently unlikely for a woman to be funny compared to men in general. Saying "women are unfunny" seems a bit too inclusive.
Well it is but is true. And there are a number of reasons. First off biggest source of humor is the ability to laugh at your own mistakes. Most women today cannot even accept criticism from others let alone critisize themselves. Second source is shitty situations you get in by taking chances. Women are extremely averse to taking any chances. Then you have the situation where something shitty happens to you and you need to be able to find a silver lining. Women do not need to do this as everyone supports them at least until their 30s. Also humor is hard to do and until you get a routine to work you will bomb a few times and learn from mistakes. Women will take it personal and just turn bitter. Then you have comedy from insults. Insulting someone in a way the person finds it funny is hard and finding that line might get you into some nasty situations again women fear. Then you have the fact men have to be funny to attract women and be able to deal with rejection. Women just have to be young and healthy.
So as a conclusion most women are not funny. There are more detailed analyses with studies and so on and there is one by Aiden Paladin I think she was called really good but this is the readers digest if you will.
Apr 21, 2019 11:53 PM

Jul 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
Maybe because most female youtubers have nothing interesting to say apart from: Look at my bewbs!

Give them prepared scripts from MAL users. This way male users can get their anime opinions across faster through the power of boobs.
Apr 22, 2019 12:00 AM

May 2018
OK isn't having less female no lifers actually good news?
Apr 22, 2019 12:01 AM

Aug 2012
IpreferEcchi said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Maybe because most female youtubers have nothing interesting to say apart from: Look at my bewbs!

Give them prepared scripts from MAL users. This way male users can get their anime opinions across faster through the power of boobs.
Not a bad idea. I do not know if it will work but is worth a try. Amy Schumer managed to convince a lot of people she is funny by stealing other comedian jokes afterall. So it could work.
Apr 22, 2019 12:07 AM

Sep 2016
This thread derived from the initial posting and some users started posting some subtle misogynist messages already.... I like how some users assume that they know all about the mental state of women and and how funny they are when Comedy itself is subjective....@nightcrawlercyp. Again. You assume much and generalize just as much.
It seems you have not heard of a person's desire to improve over time
Apr 22, 2019 12:23 AM

Aug 2012
loolz said:
This thread derived from the initial posting and some users started posting some subtle misogynist messages already.... I like how some users assume that they know all about the mental state of women and and how funny they are when Comedy itself is subjective....@nightcrawlercyp. Again. You assume much and generalize just as much.
It seems you have not heard of a person's desire to improve over time
I am sorry nature is mysoginistic. Is just the truth. Also you may belive it or not but I would rather be part of a protected class and not have to work so hard for sex or for making a living instead of being funny. And while comedy is subjective to some degree, there are general patterns that emerge from how the human psyche works.
Apr 22, 2019 12:25 AM

Jul 2016
I think it's mostly because it's a mainly male dominated environment which, historically, are usually quite difficult for women to break into and get the same kind of recognition as the men do. Some of these have already been mentioned but here's some recommendations if anyone's interested.

Anime Philosopher - Her videos are short form analyses on how a given anime relates to philosophy like Nietzsche in Berserk or Human Nature in Monster. Her channel isn't very big in terms of output but I like them as fun little introductory videos to philosophy if that's what your into.

Isla McTear - She mostly focuses on 5 minute reviews but also branches out into whatever else she feels like making. I'm not usually a fan of short form reviews, but Isla has a way of making all her scripts sound really beautiful and poetic that I wish I had the talent to copy.

ThePedanticRomantic - Long form anime analysis is more my thing and Pedro is one of the best, especially since she started adding a bit more witty comedy into her videos. Oh, and to those who were confused about her further up, she's a trans woman, which means the correct pronoun is "she".

Zeria - Another trans woman and also Pedro's irl girlfriend. Their like the power couple of anime YouTube. While I do think she's a bit dry, I'm putting her on here mainly for the series of videos she did a few months ago about how anime changed her as a person over her teen years, which was really relatable and got me wondering what it possibly did to me as well.
ChilliePeppersApr 22, 2019 12:34 AM
Apr 22, 2019 1:03 AM
Oct 2017
@nightcrawlercyp

I'm aware that there are a lot of differences in psychology between men and women which affect their senses of humor but the inference I draw from it is that it is unlikely for women to be funny compared to men, or better even, the number of funny women is less compared to the number of funny men. This statement doesn't anyhow contain implications that all women have the intrinsic property to be unfunny, and thus, I find this to be vastly stronger than a generalizing statement like "women are unfunny".
Apr 22, 2019 1:19 AM

Aug 2012
trenchantbaka said:
@nightcrawlercyp

I'm aware that there are a lot of differences in psychology between men and women which affect their senses of humor but the inference I draw from it is that it is unlikely for women to be funny compared to men, or better even, the number of funny women is less compared to the number of funny men. This statement doesn't anyhow contain implications that all women have the intrinsic property to be unfunny, and thus, I find this to be vastly stronger than a generalizing statement like "women are unfunny".
Never said all. But consider this:
1. 1 in 10 guys is funny. I am a very unfunny guy but I still can deliver a punchline form time to time
2. the number of funny women is less than 1 in 100000 (and I am being generous). I never met a woman that can deliver a punch line, did you? Yes most times you will still laugh either because you want sex from her or from your gf that find her funny or just to avoid a long talk with her complaining about you not finding her funny but they are still not funny.

So no, not all women, most women. And is not an intrinsic property. Is a result of two factors:
1. being more emotional due to estrogen
2. being a protected class and not getting through enough shitty stuff to have the material for a routine.

To make this even more clear: I am not saying no woman is funny. But the number of funny women is less than 0.01% so they are exceptions to the rule. That is how generalization works: If a big majority of a group has property x you can say that the group has x property. The fact that exceptions may exist is implied.
Apr 22, 2019 1:38 AM
Oct 2017
@nightcrawlercyp

And I see no reason to generalize. I'll just look at it as "less in number". In that case I won't reflexively assume a women to be unfunny before she attempts her joke, nor will I be surprised if I meet a woman who's funnier than all other men I've met.
Apr 22, 2019 1:46 AM

May 2017
Because weebs care only about 2D girls, their power don't work on us and that's why we just watch the channel we really like. it's not twitch

that's actually true, for example kizuna AI is very followed
A person's life is not comprised of four repeating season, but a year-long winter wilderness, whether or not you stop to wipe your blood or tears, they will inevitably freeze over.
Apr 22, 2019 1:51 AM
Dec 2016
What's an antituber anyways? How is it different than a normal youtuber?

Whatever, most of them probably just offer bad content. The girl from Anime America is good, I know but Akidearest is plain annoying.

Sydsnap is better than The Anime Man.

I don' know Sydsnap, but it's easy to be better than The Anime Man and still be bad.

ThePedanticRomantic - Long form anime analysis is more my thing and Pedro is one of the best, especially since she started adding a bit more witty comedy into her videos. Oh, and to those who were confused about her further up, she's a trans woman, which means the correct pronoun is "she".

Zeria - Another trans woman and also Pedro's irl girlfriend. Their like the power couple of anime YouTube. While I do think she's a bit dry, I'm putting her on here mainly for the series of videos she did a few months ago about how anime changed her as a person over her teen years, which was really relatable and got me wondering what it possibly did to me as well.

The moment when two of the best female youtubers are men...
Apr 22, 2019 2:30 AM

Aug 2012
TheOnnlyBman said:
What's an antituber anyways? How is it different than a normal youtuber?

Whatever, most of them probably just offer bad content. The girl from Anime America is good, I know but Akidearest is plain annoying.

Sydsnap is better than The Anime Man.

I don' know Sydsnap, but it's easy to be better than The Anime Man and still be bad.

The moment when two of the best female youtubers are men...
Yeah the girl for AnimeAmerica makes good content most of the time.

about last comment... well male to female trans people have won a lot of female competitions in the last year. So not a surprise. Years of the hormone of the gods do make a difference
Apr 22, 2019 2:37 AM

Oct 2012
Wow interesting how all you have to do on this forum is mention the topic of gender and some anti feminist comes along to have a personal breakdown in front of everyone. Never a dull moment.

Anyways, perhaps because men are probably a slightly bigger portion of the aniyoutube audience. I would imagine more men would rather listen to another man than to a woman (though most men are probably neutral on this). So it probably gives them a bit of an advantage in the algorithm.
Apr 22, 2019 2:49 AM

Jul 2016
simonephone said:
Wow interesting how all you have to do on this forum is mention the topic of gender and some anti feminist comes along to have a personal breakdown in front of everyone. Never a dull moment.

IKR
It's kind of hilarious the lengths some of these guys will go to tell us we're the one's whining
Apr 22, 2019 3:00 AM

Oct 2010
nightcrawlercyp said:
Maybe because most female youtubers have nothing interesting to say apart from: Look at my bewbs! Despite what they believe most women have nothing interesting to say to male viewers and since most anime viewers are men you can connect the dots right? Apart from reeing about how mysoginistic biology is most women have little to say about anime. And they generalky get lost in unimportant details.
@trenchantbaka if you will not say it I will: women are unfunny. There are some exceptions like Rumiko Takahashi but they are the small exception. There are many reasons this is but to put it simply men have to be funny to go through life and maybe find a mate but women do not need to. Being funny generally needs tge ability to be able to laugh at yourself and most women cannot do this.

Don't ever dare to mention the word "biology" again to justify your bullshit.
Apr 22, 2019 3:02 AM

Oct 2012
Rowan_F said:
simonephone said:

IKR
It's kind of hilarious the lengths some of these guys will go to tell us we're the one's whining

No one is aloud to complain about anything!! Unless you're going to complain about other people who complain!! That is the only allowed kind of complaining, and it's far superior to any other kind of complaining!!

Now everyone stop complaining!!! No I'm not angry!!! He said through the tears
Apr 22, 2019 3:08 AM

Jul 2016
simonephone said:
Rowan_F said:

IKR

No one is aloud to complain about anything!! Unless you're going to complain about other people who complain!! That is the only allowed kind of complaining, and it's far superior to any other kind of complaining!!

Now everyone stop complaining!!! No I'm not angry!!! He said through the tears

God, I'm so rational. I'm rational! I'M RATIONAL!
Apr 22, 2019 3:31 AM

Oct 2012
nightcrawlercyp said:
trenchantbaka said:
@nightcrawlercyp

1. 1 in 10 guys is funny. I am a very unfunny guy but I still can deliver a punchline form time to time
2. the number of funny women is less than 1 in 100000 (and I am being generous). I never met a woman that can deliver a punch line, did you? Yes most times you will still laugh either because you want sex from her or from your gf that find her funny or just to avoid a long talk with her complaining about you not finding her funny but they are still not funny.

So no, not all women, most women. And is not an intrinsic property. Is a result of two factors:
2. being a protected class and not getting through enough shitty stuff to have the material for a routine.

To make this even more clear: I am not saying no woman is funny. But the number of funny women is less than 0.01% so they are exceptions to the rule. That is how generalization works: If a big majority of a group has property x you can say that the group has x property. The fact that exceptions may exist is implied.

Wow I finally understand both women and comedy, as this guy is clearly an expert on both. Thanks man.

Thank God I'm not on my period all this estrogens already making it hard enough to think clearly
ChromephoneApr 22, 2019 3:34 AM
Apr 22, 2019 3:41 AM

Aug 2012
jal90 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Maybe because most female youtubers have nothing interesting to say apart from: Look at my bewbs! Despite what they believe most women have nothing interesting to say to male viewers and since most anime viewers are men you can connect the dots right? Apart from reeing about how mysoginistic biology is most women have little to say about anime. And they generalky get lost in unimportant details.
@trenchantbaka if you will not say it I will: women are unfunny. There are some exceptions like Rumiko Takahashi but they are the small exception. There are many reasons this is but to put it simply men have to be funny to go through life and maybe find a mate but women do not need to. Being funny generally needs tge ability to be able to laugh at yourself and most women cannot do this.

Is the truth whether you and others want to believe it or not.
simonephone said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Wow I finally understand both women and comedy, as this guy is clearly an expert on both. Thanks man.

Thank God I'm not on my period all this estrogens already making it hard enough to think clearly

I consider myself an expert in either. And I do not care to be. I just know some facts.
Also your reply only proves my point. You are a classic example of a woman incapable to accept criticism and thus incapable of being funny.
Apr 22, 2019 3:48 AM

Oct 2012
nightcrawlercyp said:
jal90 said:

simonephone said:

I consider myself an expert in either. And I do not care to be. I just know some facts.
Also your reply only proves my point. You are a classic example of a woman incapable to accept criticism and thus incapable of being funny.

What was that? I cant see anymore due to all the estrogen bursting through my veins.

You're saying facts are just a bunch of shit you make up and decide to believe in? Yeah I think that's true, that's all really rational and logical and scientific of you, thanks for enlightening my crippled female brain.
Apr 22, 2019 3:49 AM

Oct 2010
nightcrawlercyp said:
jal90 said:

No it's not and I suggest you to not speak like that to a biologist, specially when you keep adding bullshit statistics to give your bias some semblance of truth. Don't think you are convincing anyone not just with a brain, but with functional fingers capable of typing in Google and searching scientific articles and experiments on the matter.
Apr 22, 2019 3:51 AM

Jun 2011
Reasons:
1. Male viewers have no interest in female oriented shows. When a woman reviews a show like that, she will get less views.
2. Female fans are more likely to love one fandom and be more dedicated to the one fandom, which means less videos.
3. Opinions frequently held by female fans aren't very welcome.

To avoid problems with the much larger male veiwerbase, a woman would have to censor herself more to not alienate male fans. She would have to be watching shows that aren't necessarily meant for her and she would have to like a good chunk of them. She would also have to avoid stuff like reverse harems, yaoi, and cute boy shows for the most part because those don't get clicks.

I know from my perspective, a female view of a situation is seldom welcomed. If I gave my very yaoi interpretation of things, people would get pretty pissed off. I know, because I have and even using the most basic ways of describing things... people will get mad if you talk about queer coding in anime. People will get mad if you talk about sexism... and you have to have a pretty thick skin to do that... and honestly, I would crumble. I already do crumble before I even start most of the time.

Saying anything intelligent about anime will just get you called pretentious and told to stop watching anime because anime is made for men. This leaves women with well... the options I spoke of above. She would have to be an actor... or have taste like a man.
Energetic-NovaApr 22, 2019 3:57 AM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Apr 22, 2019 4:00 AM

Oct 2012
jal90 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

No it's not and I suggest you to not speak like that to a biologist, specially when you keep adding bullshit statistics to give your bias some semblance of truth. Don't think you are convincing anyone not just with a brain, but with functional fingers capable of typing in Google and searching scientific articles and experiments on the matter.

Hey this guys personal experience with not finding the women he knows funny and and random unresearched assumptions about the effects estrogen clearly count as extremely real biological facts. He is making scientific breakthroughs at an unprecedented rate on this very anime forum dont you stifle his genius
Apr 22, 2019 4:13 AM

Jan 2015
I'm a girl and I feel like a lot of the female anime interaction happens on tumblr. I could be wrong cus I don't follow up on things as much but on youtube I get a lot analytical anime videos recs which feature men. And on tumblr lots of fan art of anime characters and a write up on their thoughts.

Also, lots of that shipping BS that I can't stand so I stay clear but then anitubers are all cringey to me. I tend to read some blog write ups which may be dying out...
Apr 22, 2019 4:28 AM

Aug 2017
I don't give a fuck if the anituber is male or female. You just need to be coherent and enterteining
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 22, 2019 4:29 AM

Jan 2016
It might be proportional - I'd say it's safe to say there are more male anitubers than females, so the proportion of successful male anitubers to successful female anitubers would be about the same as the proportion of all male anitubers to all female anitubers.

Also, +1 to the person that said female anitubers are less likely to create analytical content about anime. It's true in general, there aren't many female youtubers that create analytical content.
Apr 22, 2019 6:25 AM
Jul 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
trenchantbaka said:
@nightcrawlercyp

2 years ago, whenever I criticized posters from derailing off-topic, a certain someone claimed that they were NOT going off topic, and then proceeded to insult me for "calling out" other posters.
I wonder what he thinks of that in this situation.

ButadonMeitantei said:
It might be proportional - I'd say it's safe to say there are more male anitubers than females, so the proportion of successful male anitubers to successful female anitubers would be about the same as the proportion of all male anitubers to all female anitubers.

Also, +1 to the person that said female anitubers are less likely to create analytical content about anime. It's true in general, there aren't many female youtubers that create analytical content.

That makes sense. However, that raises the question: why are there less female anitubers? I don't think there's anything that indicates that anime analysis's are something that'd appeal to guys more.
I haven't watched Anime Philosopher, but I'm surprised she doesn't have more subscribers. Philosophy is something I'm really into.
removed-userApr 22, 2019 6:32 AM
Apr 22, 2019 7:11 AM

Aug 2012
HopefulNihilist said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

2 years ago, whenever I criticized posters from derailing off-topic, a certain someone claimed that they were NOT going off topic, and then proceeded to insult me for "calling out" other posters.

ButadonMeitantei said:

That makes sense. However, that raises the question: why are there less female anitubers? I don't think there's anything that indicates that anime analysis's are something that'd appeal to guys more.
I haven't watched Anime Philosopher, but I'm surprised she doesn't have more subscribers. Philosophy is something I'm really into.
2 years ago someone insulted you? What does this has to do with my comment?
Apr 22, 2019 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
HopefulNihilist said:

That was just an addition to the comment.
I was talking about how 2 years ago, whenever I criticized other posters for going off topic, I was shitted on.
Now, you and other posters are talking about the psychology of men and women. What does that have to do with the topic of the thread?
Apr 22, 2019 7:45 AM

Aug 2012
HopefulNihilist said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

That was just an addition to the comment.
I was talking about how 2 years ago, whenever I criticized other posters for going off topic, I was shitted on.
Now, you and other posters are talking about the psychology of men and women. What does that have to do with the topic of the thread?
1. The topic was why are not most female animetubers popular and my answer was because they are boring and unfunny. The last part was just argumentation.
2. welcome to the internet. being shitted on for having a different opinion or being a busy body is extremely common
3. I am unsure who insulted you but you should talk to that person
4. Based on the customized page I am guessing you are a paying subscriber;
5. I see you dropped Claymore... am I too indiscreet to ask why?
Apr 22, 2019 11:44 AM

Jan 2010
Female fanbase are too busy making fanarts and fanfics and getting famous in tumblr, twitter and AO3/Ffn
Apr 23, 2019 2:05 AM

Jan 2014
Energetic-Nova said:
Reasons:

I know from my perspective, a female view of a situation is seldom welcomed. If I gave my very yaoi interpretation of things, people would get pretty pissed off. I know, because I have and even using the most basic ways of describing things... people will get mad if you talk about queer coding in anime. People will get mad if you talk about sexism... and you have to have a pretty thick skin to do that... and honestly, I would crumble. I already do crumble before I even start most of the time.

Saying anything intelligent about anime will just get you called pretentious and told to stop watching anime because anime is made for men. This leaves women with well... the options I spoke of above. She would have to be an actor... or have taste like a man.

Yeah... No, *insert thatsnotitchief.png here*.

There is nobody that once they figure out your a girl that's going to say "Oops we got a female here boys your opinion is now officially worth 1/3rds of a male's opinion". This is not how it works especially on the internet where rarely is your opinion of any worth to anybody.

As for the yaoi thing. As far as i know people that usually talk about yaoi pairings tend to shove them down your throat also known as fujoshi to which i say fuck yeah your kind is retarded considering the lot went over to Ishida's twitter to send him death threats for not caving in to them.

I don't understand why come to a anime listing site to talk about societal problems.

As well no, over the past 5 years on this site and others i have never read or heard somebody unironically say to a woman that anime is made for men and that she should just shut up. It's the same as the "get back to the kitchen" thing.
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Apr 23, 2019 2:24 AM

Jan 2013
Some folks are really allergic to females huh?
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Apr 23, 2019 2:30 AM

Jun 2011
AstZero said:
Energetic-Nova said:
Reasons:

Yeah... No, *insert thatsnotitchief.png here*.

There is nobody that once they figure out your a girl that's going to say "Oops we got a female here boys your opinion is now officially worth 1/3rds of a male's opinion". This is not how it works especially on the internet where rarely is your opinion of any worth to anybody.

As for the yaoi thing. As far as i know people that usually talk about yaoi pairings tend to shove them down your throat also known as fujoshi to which i say fuck yeah your kind is retarded considering the lot went over to Ishida's twitter to send him death threats for not caving in to them.

I don't understand why come to a anime listing site to talk about societal problems.

As well no, over the past 5 years on this site and others i have never read or heard somebody unironically say to a woman that anime is made for men and that she should just shut up. It's the same as the "get back to the kitchen" thing.

I have. specifically from Ecchi fans. lol. Trust me, there are just as few of these people as there are the supposed yaoi fans who shove their ships down your throat. Especially when you consider, I only know like 8 yaoi fans on listing sites. XD And the additional ten I try to follow don't even talk.
I have been here for nearly 8. <3
And since we were talking about youtube.... I can understand wanting to make an analysis video about societal issues. I have wanted to. And yeah some people actually would like to intellectually analyze the social implications of what is happening in an anime. Other people don't.

I have seen people unironically wish to kick all women out of the anime fandom because like 5 people complained about goblin slayer.

And yeah don't know what you are talking about. A lot of people are just offended by yaoi existing. Especially if they feel there was no canonical implication.

If you want to sit here and deny just how much more popular anime made for a male target demographic is and would like to sit here and deny that there are shoujo demographic avoiders.... XD And that watching less popular anime and thus reviewing less topical, less popular anime wouldn't make you less popular, and then going on and actually analyzing things which would alienate a male audience further.... If you don't think that would make a lady reviewer unpopular... I really don't know what to say.

Cause I think holding mostly popular opinions with very few unpopular ones would make you more liked by the youtube anime community than say, liking a lot of unpopular stuff and generally disliking most of the top 100. This goes for anyone, but more so for a women because the male nerd community is naturally suspicious of women.
Energetic-NovaApr 23, 2019 2:36 AM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Apr 23, 2019 2:35 AM

Mar 2018
Besides my mother and some female singers women aren't worth that much
poop
Feb 17, 2020 6:32 AM
Dec 2019
Same reason I don't really watch male anitubers, fake OTT personalities make me tune out/switch off and sometimes they don't seem to know what they're talking about. Although I watch anime and read manga, I'm clearly not the target audience of these tubers.

How comes the thread isn't closed :S
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

38 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 40 minutes ago

4 by filjoh »»
25 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - 7 hours ago

43 by EpicO4 »»
27 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

109 by Merani »»
39 minutes ago

» A Trend in Voice Actors in Anime

Yuu_Kanzaki - 43 minutes ago

0 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.