Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 16, 2019 5:10 AM
Nov 2017
So far from the first episode I can tell this anime is gonna be beautiful but with other big popular shows like opm s2, aot s3, and kimetsu no yaiba this show could easily be overshadowed. What do you think?
Apr 16, 2019 7:19 AM
Dec 2016
Ikuhara's anime don't join that kind of race.
He said in an interview, "If you're a teen, I want this anime to be your initiation, your rite of passage. There are many entertaining shows, but it's a miracle to see such a (challenging) work. It's a <Connection> You're <connected>, with me, with the world. I have to see it. I have to make it."
Anime are always industrial products, but Ikuhara's success is not defined by its sales and views in this case. He wants to convey some kind of message to some kind of people. There should be such an anime creator.
e_hobaApr 17, 2019 3:15 PM
Apr 16, 2019 11:15 AM
Aug 2015
I don't care if other people don't like it or if it doesn't rank in the top, because /I/ will like it. And so far I'm completely in love with the anime and other anime that Ikuhara has directed. I'm very excited to see another original directed by him!

But yeah, this could easily be a Dark Horse. Slowly winning people over who happened to stumble upon it until it catches on wildfire. I don't think many people are aware of this series yet (compared to the other anime you mentioned) but that its fanbase will grow rapidly shortly. Just takes a little time to start up before its popularity can accelerate.

I think because Ikuhara is genuine in what he creates, that this can become another great gem. And I won't mourn even if it gets overlooked by the masses, though I'm rooting for its success. I'm so grateful for this.
Apr 16, 2019 3:41 PM
Jan 2016
pretty sure it already has just by looking at the MAL score, I'll be honest the only reason i checked it out was due to Ikuhara.
Apr 17, 2019 10:57 AM

Oct 2017
Doesn't matter.

Typical western normies from Mal/ Crunchyroll would usually stay away from series like this and only follow those jump/ battle shonen/ young male transfer to another world and becomes op shit. The number of users who're watching Sarazanmai proves it already.

I say just leave them be. We all know which is the real best anime this season.
The real talented directors / producers are usually underappreciated because they try to be "different" from all the norms, and normies don't accept things that're different. (Proof? Even the more publicly acceptable show like Carole and Tuesday got minimal viewership in Mal compare to that trashy generic Isekai this season.)

I'm just glad some of the youtubers I usually watch did notice this underappreciated gem and praise on how unique/ special / well directed/ well produced it is.
Ventus_SApr 17, 2019 11:02 AM
Apr 18, 2019 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
Ventus_S said:
Doesn't matter.

Typical western normies from Mal/ Crunchyroll would usually stay away from series like this and only follow those jump/ battle shonen/ young male transfer to another world and becomes op shit. The number of users who're watching Sarazanmai proves it already.

The real talented directors / producers are usually underappreciated because they try to be "different" from all the norms, and normies don't accept things that're different. (Proof? Even the more publicly acceptable show like Carole and Tuesday got minimal viewership in Mal compare to that trashy generic Isekai this season.)

I'm just glad some of the youtubers I usually watch did notice this underappreciated gem and praise on how unique/ special / well directed/ well produced it is.
carole and tuesday is amazing but sarazanma only has good animation nothing more at least for me
Apr 18, 2019 11:13 PM

Oct 2017
Isidoro4567 said:
Ventus_S said:
Doesn't matter.

carole and tuesday is amazing but sarazanma only has good animation nothing more at least for me

Yeah nothing more.
Like the most unique concept of any anime I've seen.
Like the most unique art/ storyboard / script direction I've seen .
Like lots of hidden que and foreshadowing you can see from just first episode if you rewatch it couple times , pause during some frames.

Yeah, sure, my assumption is right, Mal normies only like the generic battle shonen isekai.
Things need to be taken into exact formula for Mal to like it, like how Kimetsu no Yaiba starts its story. (ohh, tragic mc, close one killed, revenge, be stronger. Not like we haven't seen this countless times on most of the popular shows before)
Apr 19, 2019 7:26 AM

Mar 2015
papsoshea said:
Haven't seen the second episode yet but from what I saw, it was the perfect adaptation of 4chan with everything you'd expect. A bunch of kids sucking on dead corpses prostates, kappas, no real directionality, and a crossdressing loser. A kappa molests and squirms inside of three teenage boys buttholes and steals their lifeforce (desires/soul-whatever) and turns them into kappas. Now they must fight zombies and shove their hands up the corpses buttholes and take theirs from them! Will our protagonists learn an important lesson of friendship and connecting with others from this anal fissure of an adventure? "MUH SYMBOLISM! MUH SUBVERSION!" What it has going for it is the visual quality.

......................Are you okay?
Apr 19, 2019 8:14 AM

Mar 2015
papsoshea said:
lezerman said:

......................Are you okay?
Why did you put the plot in bold? Are you okay?

because the way you talk about the plot makes it way more funny, i'm imagining Ikuhara talking with the staff about doing a show about your plot points, pure gold.
i was afraid for a minute.
Apr 19, 2019 4:58 PM

Aug 2014
e_hoba said:
He said in an interview, "If you're a teen, I want this anime to be your initiation, your rite of passage. There are many entertaining shows, but it's a miracle to see such a (challenging) work. It's a <Connection> You're <connected>, with me, with the world. I have to see it. I have to make it."
Anime are always industrial products, but Ikuhara's success is not defined by its sales and views in this case. He wants to convey some kind of message to some kind of people. There should be such an anime creator.

Interesting, Can you give me a link to that interview?
Apr 19, 2019 9:18 PM
Dec 2016
kofmaster said:
e_hoba said:

Interesting, Can you give me a link to that interview?

There's no digital data. I said interview, but it's actually Ikuhara's message for the first issue of a new anime magazine "Anime Bros"
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4863367767/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_m1PUCb27TSE9

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2019

314 by Zam2202 »»
Dec 22, 2023 4:15 AM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2019

186 by thegoishady »»
Aug 7, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2019

140 by 3miL »»
Apr 29, 2023 10:06 PM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2019

70 by nifetiseBOY »»
Feb 11, 2023 5:02 AM

» Is this tagged as yaoi?

FragileGlass - May 6, 2019

12 by Teirayo »»
Feb 25, 2022 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.