Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 31, 2019 4:14 PM

Mar 2018
It is a straight up romance. I guess you can argue it sort of started as a part comedy, but by the end there was nothing but romance.

However the entire premise of this show is to bait waifu-wars by keeping all the girls equally involved. So no progress is really made towards any particular girl.

So the entire point of this show, the romance, is completely hollow. None of it can be genuine, because every other girl just scales at an equal rate with romantic interest.

It's like playing Skyrim, getting a bunch of levels and gear, then realizing all the enemies just scale with you making it completely pointless.

The only people who genuinely like this show are people who like picking some arbitrary side and just championing it like a sports team without any thought whatsoever.
Apr 4, 2019 10:04 PM

Dec 2008
Thats a pointless question to ask considering that almost 100% of harem tales that are not hentai end up with cliffhangers and no one partner actually going for the gold. Harems by themselves are flawed in that, even in the ancient world, it was a given that a male would be in heaven with multiple spouses. BUt that sounds like it would be a pain eventually. Coupled with the fact that with more than two or three possible partners/mates, theres too much competition as it stands and forcing a conclusion between characters would make too many fans get butt hurt that their favorite choice was not selected. Trust me, it does suck, but this is the conventional harem plot as it has developed over the last almost 40 years.
PErsonally I have seen some rom/com harems recently where the main dude go a nice, perfect 2 or 3 harem group and all was right in the world. Ask anyone that has had multiple lovers and even 3 or 4 can be too much, especially in the bed. Still, this was a good show, doesnt need much more point to it than to be anime as it is. CIAO O>o
Apr 4, 2019 10:14 PM
Jan 2015
The point is to advertise the source material, which is still ongoing.
My Queens

Apr 4, 2019 10:25 PM

Dec 2008
-Mahesvara said:
The point is to advertise the source material, which is still ongoing.

I suppose that could technically be true and no doubt that ends up working in favor of the company after such an action. A better way would be to simply advertise the manga itself, or remake it as whatever it was not ( if it was a LN, then manga, if it was a manga, than Ln.).
Personally I see more people just sticking with the one medium than going to the trouble of buying or reading the "source material". But I dont doubt the likelihood of what you said, just having a good old fashioned convo. Ciao ^~^
Apr 7, 2019 1:57 AM

Aug 2017
Romantic harems are the best anime out there, for me.
Apr 7, 2019 2:05 AM

Jul 2015
some people enjoy the thrill of which girl will win at end

personally, i watch romance to see a cute couple having heartwarming romantic moments together
harems/love triangles ruin the romance genre for me
Apr 7, 2019 3:32 AM

Nov 2007
tragedydesu said:
some people enjoy the thrill of which girl will win at end

personally, i watch romance to see a cute couple having heartwarming romantic moments together
harems/love triangles ruin the romance genre for me

Give harem a rest, man. I am not a big fan of harems myself, but this one is pretty exceptional (considering the manga). Besides, Miku is alone worth the read. She is so precious. And it's incredible how popular she is. Because characters like her never seem to be fan fave as majority often pick the other types more.

Anyways, here are some love lines for you:

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 7, 2019 4:22 AM

Jul 2015
@shanimebib
harems/love triangles anime are garbage by definition
i watch romance to feel good not to feel sad/angry for the side heroines that lost
i'll never touch this genre again except if i'm sure 200% that my fav girl won

maybe even if Miku get rejected you will still love Quintessential Quintuplets
but it's not the case for me , i really don't need more cancer like nisekoi/re zero in my life
even Twgok i regret that i read it

actually there is a lot of romance Vns with extremely adorable heroines so i'm fine
thx for the recs btw

i usually don't like shoujo , but Ohayou Ibarahime really surprised me
this manga didn't have any bullshit love triangle/misunderstandings and the main couple was so adorable and straightforward
i'll try to find similar shoujo to this one
tragedydesuApr 7, 2019 4:29 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2019

129 by FortHell0 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

301 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

112 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 9, 6:45 AM

» My review of the 5-toubun no Hanayome

aTi - Apr 4

17 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
Apr 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

237 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.