Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 20, 2022 6:04 AM

Aug 2014
First arc (episodes 1-3) = Enjoyable. I love the combination of the two females MC and the Manticores, and all the suspense and action. The Manticores are great villains, and Boogiepop and Nagi are awesome. 

Second arc (episodes 4-9) =  With the exception of the fight scenes, this arc was just dull and forgettable. I never gave a damn about Doctor Hands, or the Electric Guy, or the younger brother of Nagi.

Third arc (episodes 10-13) = This was enjoyable because we got to see a character that was in the 2000 version (the female doctor).  Not only that, but we also got to see the backstory of Nagi and Boogiepop. And we even got great action scenes, and we got to see more human-eaters.  Only negative of this arc is that it was episodic.

Fourth arc (episodes 14-18) = Again, just like the second arc, who cares. I really had hopes for the return of the Manticore.  This arc did have some nice action scenes.

As for the positives of this anime = First arc and Third arcs were great. Great graphics.  Great OST. It always made sure to remain mature. Love Nagi, Boogiepop, and every manticore, since they all made the anime enjoyable.

As for the negatives of this anime = The second arc and the fourth arc just felt pointless.  This anime could have used a little more action/gory scenes to engage its audience more. Thank goodness for the English dub because this anime was just too infodump for its own good, so I cannot imagine watching 18 episodes of this anime in subtitle.   

Heres the problem = you cant go from fighting man-eating aliens to then trying to solve society's mental problems, because then the stakes would lower and it will all feel pointless and like filler. 

With everything said, if there is a season 2, ill watch just as long as there is an English dub and just as long as the return of the manticores.
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 12:59 AM
Aug 16, 2022 9:45 AM
Jan 2011
This anime was great and deserves a season 2
Mar 24, 2023 10:51 AM
Feb 2019
I feel like a lot of potential is wasted by meaningless and really long stories but no interest at all! 
Freaking bored show so solid 6/10
Sep 4, 2023 3:09 PM

Sep 2017
After episode 8 I just shut off my brain and just browsed my phone while "watching" the anime. It was just a pleb version of a mysterious avant garde psychological work of art. They took all that and turned it into a generic shitty anime.
Waste of time. Don't go for it. Instead just read the 18 chapters of manga and watch the Boogiepop Phantom twice.
خ
Apr 11, 8:53 PM
Oct 2022
His eyes reveal who he was all along. She didn’t want to accept the reality where she isn’t liked by everyone. It is an experiment to heal the section of distortion of the human heart. He is harmonizing the hearts of hundreds of humans at once. And ability and being that manifested out of guilt. An existence that doesn’t possess a body of its own. She stands above and on many skyscrapers. What is the reason you convinced yourself you are evil? He is an entity of chance and opportunity. He falls through. She types the hwistlechoo boogalon popoon. The birds bring the building along back to normal. The distortion will return back to. Itself. A human heart cannot forget, even if the brain memory is erased. The memories of emotion inside the heart will never truely die. Everywhere and nowhere are one and gone at last. Will I see you again if the world is ending? The world is saved from within the temple. She was not talking about him. She knows how she truly feels. The final insane crime but it doesn’t feel right. And it returns to the place where things are when they don’t exist. It seemingly never explains why boogiepop is making out with herself in the intro, one of the biggest mysteries in the series.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

45 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

32 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

43 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

42 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 2:14 AM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2019

66 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 9, 11:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.