Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 27, 2019 8:43 AM

Oct 2018
After episode 23, yeah this maybe one of the hot topic right now. so which one it is? at first i thought it was between the twin but somehow another idea cross my mind that there could be someone else. kakeru and haiji also could be another candidate I think.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 27, 2019 5:43 PM

Mar 2016
I think Kakeru but it doesnt really matter
Mar 27, 2019 5:49 PM
Jan 2016
She like both twins, I'm pretty sure.
Mar 27, 2019 5:49 PM

Apr 2009
She clearly says she likes the twins in episode 20.

Jin_uzukiMar 27, 2019 5:52 PM

Mar 27, 2019 6:04 PM

Dec 2009
I thought it was clear, Both Twins.
Mar 27, 2019 7:23 PM

Jun 2016
yea I guess both twins
Mar 27, 2019 8:55 PM
Nov 2013
She likes Musa obviously
Mar 27, 2019 9:17 PM
Feb 2019
Top 10 Anime Unanswerable Questions.
Mar 27, 2019 9:27 PM

Sep 2015
In the Live action it was Haiji, and by the way she got confused by the "which one" here, IT CANNOT BE THE TWINS. So it is either Haiji or Kakeru.

I don't know why people think she was being more than just nice to them or why a threesome/love triangle would work, she is not that kind of girl. She would blush talking what she likes (not love) about ANY of the guys, not just the twins.
Mar 27, 2019 9:53 PM
Nov 2018
shiro_kai said:
In the Live action it was Haiji, and by the way she got confused by the "which one" here, IT CANNOT BE THE TWINS. So it is either Haiji or Kakeru.

I don't know why people think she was being more than just nice to them or why a threesome/love triangle would work, she is not that kind of girl. She would blush talking what she likes (not love) about ANY of the guys, not just the twins.

Why kakeru include too??
Mar 27, 2019 11:59 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty sure it was actually Kakeru or Haiji. Not one of the twins
Mar 28, 2019 12:04 AM

Jan 2013
I'd say both twins? Not sure why some of you guys include Kakeru and Haiji, I didn't notice any hints.
Mar 28, 2019 3:49 AM

Apr 2009
shiro_kai said:

The fact she likes both twins doesn't mean she wants a threesome, it just means she likes both and can't decide or she finds both attractive.

Does she even talk to Kakeru for more than 30 seconds lol? May as well throw Yuki and Nico in too.

The ending makes pretty clear they are trying to fight for her once they graduate

Mar 28, 2019 6:53 AM

Sep 2015
Jin_uzuki said:
shiro_kai said:

The fact she likes both twins doesn't mean she wants a threesome, it just means she likes both and can't decide or she finds both attractive.

Does she even talk to Kakeru for more than 30 seconds lol? May as well throw Yuki and Nico in too.

The ending makes pretty clear they are trying to fight for her once they graduate

Why she didn't understood the "which one" question them?? Cause she never thought about having more than one option in her head. For her its a single and obviously option, as she said it herself. It can be ONE of the twins, but it cannot be both and she is not confused about "which one". Hence why is none of them.

It's clear that both like her but it doesn't mean it has to be reciprocated or any of them has to "win" that fight. The Twins are cool but they are not the chosen ones.
shiro_kaiMar 28, 2019 7:05 AM
Mar 28, 2019 6:58 AM

Sep 2015
Zamzamindo said:
Stoorainclaire said:
After episode 23, yeah this maybe one of the hot topic right now. so which one it is? at first i thought it was between the twin but somehow another idea cross my mind that there could be someone else. kakeru and haiji also could be another candidate I think.

Why kakeru include too??

The walking in the woods after they get qualified, she completely ignores the twins while keep looking amazed at Kakeru in the front and others nice conversations they had.

I think its not enough but since its not the twins, can only be him or Haiji.

Mar 28, 2019 7:31 AM

Oct 2018
Zamzamindo said:
shiro_kai said:

Why kakeru include too??

Why not? maybe she amazed how kakeru can run so fast and how cool kakeru is when running. also when training, he always the first one to arrived first and spend much more time with hana.

but honestly, haiji and the twin is big candidate here rather than kakeru.
Mar 28, 2019 10:48 AM

Apr 2009
shiro_kai said:
Jin_uzuki said:

Why she didn't understood the "which one" question them??

Because she likes both. Also she's just slightly taken back by the question more than anything.

I mean if you want to think she likes Kakeru or Haiji or Prince or whatever go ahead, but I don't think they even talked for more than 10 seconds or are interested in her either way. I think the only reason people can't accept it is because the twins aren't the protagonists.

Mar 28, 2019 11:35 AM

Sep 2015
Jin_uzuki said:
shiro_kai said:

Why she didn't understood the "which one" question them??

Because she likes both. Also she's just slightly taken back by the question more than anything.

I mean if you want to think she likes Kakeru or Haiji or Prince or whatever go ahead, but I don't think they even talked for more than 10 seconds or are interested in her either way. I think the only reason people can't accept it is because the twins aren't the protagonists.

They are more than enough protagonists in the show, no one can say otherwise. The reason I cannot think is one of them is because she expressed it herself. That last smile, is the exactly the smile of someone who finally got the misunderstanding and think it was all funny.

You can read her interactions with them in the whatever way you want, but she more than once talked with Haiji and Kakeru too. You cannot deny that. People are just conveniently forgeting it.
Also of course they will be the ones with more interactions with her, they are the thirsty teenagers there. You turning "time" in "quality".
Mar 28, 2019 11:48 AM
Mar 2013
In the novel it is confirmed that Hana likes the twins. Kakeru does like Hana at one point it is hinted but he has such limited interactions with her in both adaptions I feel like. So no, she doesn't like Haiji or Kakeru.
Mar 28, 2019 11:56 AM

Apr 2009
shiro_kai said:

They are more than enough protagonists in the show, no one can say otherwise.

They are the least development characters, people tend to ship the girl with their self-insert/protagonist even if doesn't make sense because that's what they expect from a narrative.

People are just conveniently forgeting it.

Probably because she has no real, solid interactions with any of these two characters. Really, most people don't care about this sub-sub plot that doesn't even have any real shipping potential with anyone but the twins. Even her small moment in the ending is about the twins!

Mar 28, 2019 12:46 PM
Sep 2018
Ask musa hhhhhhhhhh
Mar 28, 2019 2:32 PM

Oct 2018
ladyamms said:
In the novel it is confirmed that Hana likes the twins. Kakeru does like Hana at one point it is hinted but he has such limited interactions with her in both adaptions I feel like. So no, she doesn't like Haiji or Kakeru.

damn spoiler alert.
Mar 28, 2019 3:59 PM

Jun 2013
For me it was always Haiji or Kakeru. Sorry, twins.
Gimme more character development and/or romance. Probally a shotacon.

Mar 29, 2019 5:43 AM
Apr 2016
Stoorainclaire said:
ladyamms said:

damn spoiler alert.

The "spoiler" doesn't mean anything, because the anime is a completely different entity than the novel. I mean they removed Kakeru's crush on Hana and made Kakeru pretty much confess his love to Haiji at the end.
Mar 29, 2019 1:29 PM

Mar 2015
Tsukizono said:

The "spoiler" doesn't mean anything, because the anime is a completely different entity than the novel. I mean they removed Kakeru's crush on Hana and made Kakeru pretty much confess his love to Haiji at the end.

it's pretty fun that the show took this route(leave you to interpret what happened and who likes who) and not the novel, since the author is a bl lover i expected the opposite.
Mar 29, 2019 2:12 PM

Oct 2018
Tsukizono said:
Stoorainclaire said:

damn spoiler alert.

Oh really, nice to hear that or maybe not. Doesn't seem like good news to me atleast.
Mar 30, 2019 6:26 AM

Apr 2011
To me it looked like Haiji shipped Hana with Kakeru :D
I'm all for the twins though (whichever's fine) ^^
Mar 30, 2019 9:56 AM

Nov 2010
Fcking Musa leaving us all hanging. And he went and grew an ugly ass beard as well
Mar 30, 2019 10:21 AM
Apr 2016
Rinji- said:
Fcking Musa leaving us all hanging. And he went and grew an ugly ass beard as well

exCUSE me? dat beard is fine as hell! they all matured beautifully
Apr 1, 2019 7:30 AM
Apr 2016
Stoorainclaire said:
Tsukizono said:

Oh really, nice to hear that or maybe not. Doesn't seem like good news to me atleast.

Oh it's definitely really good news. The anime apparently (according to source readers) improves on the novel A LOT (and the love triangle may be unnecessary?) aside from apparently Sakaki was more likeable in the novel.
Apr 8, 2019 3:51 AM
Apr 2019
Nah i dont think its twin..
Maybe we can know if someone can explain Hana's tears at eps 17...
Or someone ask Musa lol..
Apr 8, 2019 11:39 AM
Sep 2015
Jica said:
Nah i dont think its twin..
Maybe we can know if someone can explain Hana's tears at eps 17...
Or someone ask Musa lol..

Those tears came exactly because the twins were being grateful to her, saying that she was being a huge help and they were glad to have her. They were tears of joy.
Apr 9, 2019 12:24 AM
Nov 2018
Tsukizono said:
Stoorainclaire said:

damn spoiler alert.

Sorry i think kakeru like hana in anime, not haiji. You can see in episode 3 and 4. Kakeru only think haiji as a inspiration because he know a true about running
Apr 9, 2019 3:04 AM

Sep 2016
I'm not sure who the person she likes, but...it would be sweet if she like haiji. Really, i'm bit confused by hana's expression, sometimes it looks like she love the twins but also doesn't...

Hmmm...and remember when the younger brother daydreamed during the race, he said it felt strange if hana liked his brother. About the twins, i think hana is fujoshi and the twins misunderstanding... hahaha xD
Yup! Fair enough xD
NabeliaApr 9, 2019 3:31 AM
Apr 9, 2019 4:32 AM
Apr 2016
Zamzamindo said:
Tsukizono said:

Sorry i think kakeru like hana in anime, not haiji. You can see in episode 3 and 4. Kakeru only think haiji as a inspiration because he know a true about running

LOL no need to apologise? Kakeru and Haiji's relationship hasn't developed at ep3 and 4 yet. The romantic subtext (honestly it's not even subtext anymore) is only present in the last few episodes. If you like you can think that they're just good friends, but you can't just say I'm wrong because there's more textual evidence in favour of Kakeru x Haiji than Kakeru x Hana in the anime, and the author loves BL so....
Apr 9, 2019 4:39 AM
Nov 2018
Tsukizono said:
Zamzamindo said:

LOL no need to apologise? Kakeru and Haiji's relationship hasn't developed at ep3 and 4 yet. The romantic subtext (honestly it's not even subtext anymore) is only present in the last few episodes. If you like you can think that they're just good friends, but you can't just say I'm wrong because there's more textual evidence in favour of Kakeru x Haiji than Kakeru x Hana in the anime, and the author loves BL so....

I didn't say haiji and kakeru relationship in ep 3 dan 4. I say about kakeru and hana relationship in ep 3 and 4.i know she is bl fans, but she not write this story about bl. And we are knew in novel kakeru like hana but hana like twin
Apr 10, 2019 4:01 AM
Apr 2016
Zamzamindo said:
Tsukizono said:

I didn't say haiji and kakeru relationship in ep 3 dan 4. I say about kakeru and hana relationship in ep 3 and 4.i know she is bl fans, but she not write this story about bl. And we are knew in novel kakeru like hana but hana like twin

The novel, live-action movie, and the anime are very different entities. Something that happens in the novel doesn't mean that the same thing happens in the anime. The parts where Kakeru shows feelings for Hana in the novel were completely removed in the anime, meaning that he doesn't have feelings for her in the anime.

Also, I was only talking about the romantic tones in the last episode ONLY. Just because Kakeru MIGHT have feelings for Hana at the beginning does not mean that he can't stop liking her. In the novel he pretty much got over his crush on her too.

Again, the Haiji/Kakeru subtext exists. It's there. You can choose to ignore it and ship Kakeru/Hana, but you can't tell me that my interpretation is wrong.
ireallywantcakeApr 10, 2019 4:05 AM
Apr 14, 2019 6:26 PM
Mar 2013
Tsukizono said:
Zamzamindo said:

The novel, live-action movie, and the anime are very different entities. Something that happens in the novel doesn't mean that the same thing happens in the anime. The parts where Kakeru shows feelings for Hana in the novel were completely removed in the anime, meaning that he doesn't have feelings for her in the anime.

Also, I was only talking about the romantic tones in the last episode ONLY. Just because Kakeru MIGHT have feelings for Hana at the beginning does not mean that he can't stop liking her. In the novel he pretty much got over his crush on her too.

Again, the Haiji/Kakeru subtext exists. It's there. You can choose to ignore it and ship Kakeru/Hana, but you can't tell me that my interpretation is wrong.

Oof y'all. I'm not wearing my shipping goggles too hard because the only romantic subtext explored further in the anime is the twins and Hana. If there was any inklikg of Kakeru liking Hana it came and went. And for Haiji + Kakeru it's bait. I don't feel like there's any romantic subtext there that is genuine. The author may like BL but if they intentionally put bait there it's visible to those with their ship goggles on.
Apr 24, 2019 2:26 PM

Nov 2018
ladyamms said:
Tsukizono said:

Oof y'all. I'm not wearing my shipping goggles too hard because the only romantic subtext explored further in the anime is the twins and Hana. If there was any inklikg of Kakeru liking Hana it came and went. And for Haiji + Kakeru it's bait. I don't feel like there's any romantic subtext there that is genuine. The author may like BL but if they intentionally put bait there it's visible to those with their ship goggles on.

Guy + girl = romantic subtext.

Guy + guy/girl + girl = bait, fanservice.
Apr 25, 2019 2:45 AM
Mar 2013
SRti0 said:
ladyamms said:

Listen, I like me some BL romance and sweet yuri stories but I can see bait when it's there. Especially in sports anime.

If there was genuine romantic subtext between Haiji and Kakeru then it would be present throughout the whole show and it's not. We got teased/baited at the end hardcore which I think is totally uncool to do.If it was genuine, the epilogue at the end with them older would have given us something to confirm it in some way subtle or not. And I don't know how involved the original author was in the direction/production of the anime but even if she was, she mega baited us. Still not cool.

On a side note, if we wanna talk about what has real context, not subtext, I'm excited AF for Given to come out this year. And god bless Ikuhara for giving us Sarazanmai.

But naw, I'm not behind this bait. We don't deserve barely there, squint my eyes almost closed subtext that makes us wonder if it's there or not.
Apr 28, 2019 11:53 AM
Jul 2008
I think it's pretty clear that Hana likes the twins. She said to Musa "did my face showed that?", it means she didn't deny it. But when he asked which one, she smiled and whispered the answer to him.
I think it's implied she likes both of them and the twins talking about shenanigans also confirmed this.

Tsukizono said:
Stoorainclaire said:

damn spoiler alert.

Kakeru had crush on Hana. He was quite shocked when Musa told Kakeru about the possibility of Hana liking one of the twins because they seemed to be always together and Hana was making face like girl in love.
LeonLanfordApr 28, 2019 11:57 AM
Dec 17, 2019 4:38 PM
Jul 2014
LeonLanford said:
I think it's pretty clear that Hana likes the twins. She said to Musa "did my face showed that?", it means she didn't deny it. But when he asked which one, she smiled and whispered the answer to him.
I think it's implied she likes both of them and the twins talking about shenanigans also confirmed this.

Tsukizono said:

Kakeru had crush on Hana. He was quite shocked when Musa told Kakeru about the possibility of Hana liking one of the twins because they seemed to be always together and Hana was making face like girl in love.

tbh I believe Musa probably said something indicating that he noticed she was in love, like in earlier episodes when he says that she has the features of a girl in love. That's why she asked "did it show in my face?"
That would also explain why she was surprised when he asked "which one?" because, she is cleary not in love with the twins.
But there are other scenes that indicate otherwise, so I guess we'll never know.
If I had to guess, I would say Kakeru, because she even joined the club after meeting him.
Dec 21, 2019 6:28 AM

Feb 2018
to me, it was insinuated that she liked both the twins
Jan 1, 2020 2:12 AM

Apr 2009
BigGear said:
LeonLanford said:

tbh I believe Musa probably said something indicating that he noticed she was in love, like in earlier episodes when he says that she has the features of a girl in love. That's why she asked "did it show in my face?"
That would also explain why she was surprised when he asked "which one?" because, she is cleary not in love with the twins.
But there are other scenes that indicate otherwise, so I guess we'll never know.
If I had to guess, I would say Kakeru, because she even joined the club after meeting him.

I'm rewatching the show right now, and she didn't. She "joined" to help because Haiji asked her. The only pseudo-romantic interactions Kakeru and Hana have is when he blushes after she accidentally pretty much flashes him her underwear, other than that they never pretty much never interact, except the occasional contact (Like uh, him snapping at her) because she hangs around the twins a lot and they are the youngest characters. Ironically he's the only person who seems largely unaffected by her joining, even Shindo who has a girlfriend at that point became more motivated when she's introduced (And Nico, who is like 6 years older than her).

This is the earliest she shows interest in anyone:

ladyamms said:
SRti0 said:

Listen, I like me some BL romance and sweet yuri stories but I can see bait when it's there. Especially in sports anime.

If there was genuine romantic subtext between Haiji and Kakeru then it would be present throughout the whole show and it's not.

Imagine if one of those characters was a girl and someone tried to argue "T-there is no romantic subtext here, they are just friends." everyone would go

Oh bait people, never change.

And god bless Ikuhara for giving us Sarazanmai.

You mean the show people called bait until episode 10 (And I'm sure some people still do, after all it's never enough) because even spin-offs in BL magazines aren't enough? This is some pretty funny irony.
Jin_uzukiJan 1, 2020 4:18 AM

Jan 25, 2020 4:33 AM
Mar 2013
Jin_uzuki said:
BigGear said:

I'm rewatching the show right now, and she didn't. She "joined" to help because Haiji asked her. The only pseudo-romantic interactions Kakeru and Hana have is when he blushes after she accidentally pretty much flashes him her underwear, other than that they never pretty much never interact, except the occasional contact (Like uh, him snapping at her) because she hangs around the twins a lot and they are the youngest characters. Ironically he's the only person who seems largely unaffected by her joining, even Shindo who has a girlfriend at that point became more motivated when she's introduced (And Nico, who is like 6 years older than her).

This is the earliest she shows interest in anyone:

ladyamms said:

If there was genuine romantic subtext between Haiji and Kakeru then it would be present throughout the whole show and it's not.

Imagine if one of those characters was a girl and someone tried to argue "T-there is no romantic subtext here, they are just friends." everyone would go

Oh bait people, never change.

And god bless Ikuhara for giving us Sarazanmai.

You mean the show people called bait until episode 10 (And I'm sure some people still do, after all it's never enough) because even spin-offs in BL magazines aren't enough? This is some pretty funny irony.

Hmm wasn't paying attention to the response here so I'm late.

Well that is the problem with bait. The first scene when he asks if the moon is pretty, Hana appears like right then and there if I remember correctly. So it's not clear if Haiji is declaring love for Kakeru or teasing Kakeru about possibly liking Hana.

Anyone can interpret anything however they want.

Edit: whoopsie clicked post by accident.

Anyway...

The ending with Kakeru saying running is Haiji and he loves running and therefore does that mean they're in Iove with each other is such a joke. I would love nothing more than to say it's not bait. But the way they framed the scene to make it seem ambiguous is disgusting. Of course if it were a girl no one would question it.

So idk why you feel the need to like belittle my response when it's valid. I'm on the same side technically. I hate that I can't just be like "Look people hard subtext that Kakeru loves Haiji" without someone always trying to argue it. That's the problem. Everyone wants canon and anytime there is some valid subtext it's shut down. And for me, this subtext is just not strong enough cause they left so much wiggle room for people to believe otherwise by throwing Hana around. Like it came so late in the game and left field.

Also, Sarazanmai from episode 3 literally has no subtext. It's all context that the best friend is in love with the MC. Just straight up text. I didn't see anyone disputing how gay that show was.
ladyammsJan 25, 2020 4:47 AM
Jan 25, 2020 4:54 AM
Mar 2013
Also, look at you trolls. I'm literally apart of the same fandom and on the BL/GL train. Yet y'all want to be petty and make it seem like I'm basically not on the same side. You guys are so butthurt that my opinion is that it feels more bait to me than GENUINE subtext. You all pretend to be woke and use sarcasm but I'm trying to have a real discussion and I try to evaluate the scenes as a whole not just snippets of the scene. Or the show as a total. The Bl subtext, if any, is such an afterthought in the show it's sad. Loved the anime a whole. I wish more people watched it. But you guys are dying on the wrong hill.

Smh.
Jan 25, 2020 7:33 AM

Apr 2009
ladyamms said:
Well that is the problem with bait. The first scene when he asks if the moon is pretty, Hana appears like right then and there if I remember correctly. So it's not clear if Haiji is declaring love for Kakeru or teasing Kakeru about possibly liking Hana.

Hana, the character who interacted with Kakeru 2 times during the show, and the writer purposely removed as a love interest. Sure the writer was pushing for her. The only thing clear here is the double standards of the audience.

Anyway...

The ending with Kakeru saying running is Haiji and he loves running and therefore does that mean they're in Iove with each other is such a joke. I would love nothing more than to say it's not bait. But the way they framed the scene to make it seem ambiguous is disgusting. Of course if it were a girl no one would question it.

??? So you admit the only reason you consider the scene bait is because one of them doesn't have a vagina? What kind of reasoning is that?

Also Kakeru doesn't say he's in love with running (Well, of course he loves running, he says it over and over through the show). He straight up asks to Jooji, a character who is canonically in love with someone, how does it feel to be in love and declares he's in love too.

So this leaves the question to the view: Who does Kakeru love? I certainly think there are more clues to him loving the character he has the most significant relationship in the show, rather than the... girl he doesn't even talk (And when he talks with her, it's often just about the other's dude)

So idk why you feel the need to like belittle my response when it's valid. I'm on the same side technically. I hate that I can't just be like "Look people hard subtext that Kakeru loves Haiji" without someone always trying to argue it. That's the problem. Everyone wants canon and anytime there is some valid subtext it's shut down.

There are people who believe No.6 is straight, Shinji isn't bi and Shino for IBO didn't want to fuck Yamagi (Which is a fantastic example how people literally fail to pick up clear text because it's M/M rather than the usual M/F) . There are people who thought Reo and Mabu were just friends. Who gives a shit about what people believe? There are some people who have color-blindness when it comes to M/M interaction in media, hence why they watch Yuri on Ice and think Yuri is getting with the mom.

otherwise by throwing Hana around. Like it came so late in the game and left field.

OK, this is just absurd. I just finished rewatch the show, so I'm pretty fresh. This is Hana:

This is Kakeru talking to someone who likes Hana:

Now, what i want to know is, what part of the show or these screenshots make you think the writers wanted to pair Kakeru and Hana or suggest an interest in Hana from his part? The most "romantic" they have is probably their first meeting, in which he blushes because... she almost flashed him her underwear out of nowhere.

Also, Sarazanmai from episode 3 literally has no subtext. It's all context that the best friend is in love with the MC. Just straight up text. I didn't see anyone disputing how gay that show was.

I'm not talking about Enta. I'm talking about the Cops. And bullshit. Even thought they had a spin-off in a BL manga because they didn't kiss on screen everything they did was considered fujoshit bait. Until episode 10 the show you are praising was considered fujoshitbait.I was there. I discussed the show. Nothing the cops did was considered "gay enough" for some people until they confessed. I bet that without episode 10 you would still have some people argue it's "ambiguous". Heck, I bet some people think Enta turned straight in the end.

ladyamms said:
Also, look at you trolls. I'm literally apart of the same fandom and on the BL/GL train. Yet y'all want to be petty and make it seem like I'm basically not on the same side. You guys are so butthurt that my opinion is that it feels more bait to me than GENUINE subtext. You all pretend to be woke and use sarcasm but I'm trying to have a real discussion and I try to evaluate the scenes as a whole not just snippets of the scene. Or the show as a total. The Bl subtext, if any, is such an afterthought in the show it's sad. Loved the anime a whole. I wish more people watched it. But you guys are dying on the wrong hill.

Smh.

Wait, I'm confused. First it's fujoshibait (So they are trying to capture the fujo audience, even though there is very little gay in the first show for the first half) but also the BL subtext is an afterthought. Have you considered that maybe the writer aren't trying to "bait" anyone but rather just trying to tell a story?

Also, who got baited? Because one of the characters straight up mention the world "I'm in love" "out of nowhere" in the last episode. Then the show pushed it further to show how important Haiji is too Kakeru. No one was expecting them to do any of this. How did the people who take a more romantic approach to their relationship "baited"? Are they going to get girlfriends? Is there something in the show that make you think the characters are straight over a possible interest in each other?

Why do I need to feel "Baited" exactly?
Jin_uzukiJan 25, 2020 8:19 AM

Jan 25, 2020 1:13 PM
Mar 2013
Jin_uzuki said:
ladyamms said:

Hana, the character who interacted with Kakeru 2 times during the show, and the writer purposely removed as a love interest. Sure the writer was pushing for her. The only thing clear here is the double standards of the audience.

Anyway...

??? So you admit the only reason you consider the scene bait is because one of them doesn't have a vagina? What kind of reasoning is that?

Also Kakeru doesn't say he's in love with running (Well, of course he loves running, he says it over and over through the show). He straight up asks to Jooji, a character who is canonically in love with someone, how does it feel to be in love and declares he's in love too.

So this leaves the question to the view: Who does Kakeru love? I certainly think there are more clues to him loving the character he has the most significant relationship in the show, rather than the... girl he doesn't even talk (And when he talks with her, it's often just about the other's dude)

So idk why you feel the need to like belittle my response when it's valid. I'm on the same side technically. I hate that I can't just be like "Look people hard subtext that Kakeru loves Haiji" without someone always trying to argue it. That's the problem. Everyone wants canon and anytime there is some valid subtext it's shut down.

There are people who believe No.6 is straight, Shinji isn't bi and Shino for IBO didn't want to fuck Yamagi (Which is a fantastic example how people literally fail to pick up clear text because it's M/M rather than the usual M/F) . There are people who thought Reo and Mabu were just friends. Who gives a shit about what people believe? There are some people who have color-blindness when it comes to M/M interaction in media, hence why they watch Yuri on Ice and think Yuri is getting with the mom.

otherwise by throwing Hana around. Like it came so late in the game and left field.

OK, this is just absurd. I just finished rewatch the show, so I'm pretty fresh. This is Hana:

Now, what i want to know is, what part of the show or these screenshots make you think the writers wanted to pair Kakeru and Hana or suggest an interest in Hana from his part? The most "romantic" they have is probably their first meeting, in which he blushes because... she almost flashed him her underwear out of nowhere.

I'm not talking about Enta. I'm talking about the Cops. And bullshit. Even thought they had a spin-off in a BL manga because they didn't kiss on screen everything they did was considered fujoshit bait. Until episode 10 the show you are praising was considered fujoshitbait.I was there. I discussed the show. Nothing the cops did was considered "gay enough" for some people until they confessed. I bet that without episode 10 you would still have some people argue it's "ambiguous". Heck, I bet some people think Enta turned straight in the end.

ladyamms said:

Smh.

Wait, I'm confused. First it's fujoshibait (So they are trying to capture the fujo audience, even though there is very little gay in the first show for the first half) but also the BL subtext is an afterthought. Have you considered that maybe the writer aren't trying to "bait" anyone but rather just trying to tell a story?

Also, who got baited? Because one of the characters straight up mention the world "I'm in love" "out of nowhere" in the last episode. Then the show pushed it further to show how important Haiji is too Kakeru. No one was expecting them to do any of this. How did the people who take a more romantic approach to their relationship "baited"? Are they going to get girlfriends? Is there something in the show that make you think the characters are straight over a possible interest in each other?

You're putting a lot of words in my mouth and misconstruing what I'm trying to relay. I'm on mobile so it's not easy to respond in sections so some things may be lost in what I am trying to get across.

I want you to realize that I can ship them, I can see the subtext and I personally interpret a romantic element between Kakeru and Haiji but still have my opinion on the "bait". In my earlier responses to the thread I clearly stated if Kakeru ever liked Hana it came and went. No where did I say the author was pushing for that pairing. Maybe bait is the wrong word but it's how I feel.

I don't like how the scenes were framed for his "confession". Kakeru says he's in love. It's clearly meant to be with running. And Haiji represents running. So does Kakeru love Haiji or is it admiration? That's the question we have to ask and answer ourselves as fans. And I feel like there is too much ambiguity there in the scenes because of the sequence it happens in plus the very minuscule crush (if even) that he had (maybe) on Hana. The whole time I thought I was reading too much into the Haiji/Kakeru dynamic but then this "confession" happens and I'm confused. You cannot say you expected this "confession" scene to happen.

As for everything else concerning all those anime, idc to discuss them because it's like opening a can of worms. As for the Sarazanmai thing, that's hella strange. Idk how it is here on MAL but on reddit I feel like everyone was on the same consensus that the show was hella gay. There was plenty of people posting their analysis of each episode and I was there for that. I didn't see too much debate on the show in that area there. Maybe that was just my experience.

Sooooo like I was saying I'm on the same side as you on how we interpret for the most part.There is no need to tell me what I'm thinking or assuming my thoughts for me. Not once did I say or infer that I think they're "straight" and they will all get girlfriends. I never talked about any of that in what I was saying. I didn't say it was okay if one of them was a girl, I was just agreeing with the original joke you made. It's obvious there are people that straight up ignore queer subtext but if this was a M/F couple they wouldn't poke holes in the relationship as much as a queer coded one. I'm not saying it's okay to disregard the subtext but everyone is able to interpret things how they feel like, no?

I enjoyed their relationship and I enjoyed the show very much. Simple as that.

(Tfw you respond to the wrong comment by accident lmao...)
Jan 25, 2020 2:15 PM

Apr 2009
ladyamms said:
Jin_uzuki said:

You're putting a lot of words in my mouth and misconstruing what I'm trying to relay. I'm on mobile so it's not easy to respond in sections so some things may be lost in what I am trying to get across.

I want you to realize that I can ship them, I can see the subtext and I personally interpret a romantic element between Kakeru and Haiji but still have my opinion on the "bait". In my earlier responses to the thread I clearly stated if Kakeru ever liked Hana it came and went. No where did I say the author was pushing for that pairing. Maybe bait is the wrong word but it's how I feel.

I don't like how the scenes were framed for his "confession". Kakeru says he's in love. It's clearly meant to be with running. And Haiji represents running. So does Kakeru love Haiji or is it admiration? That's the question we have to ask and answer ourselves as fans. And I feel like there is too much ambiguity there in the scenes because of the sequence it happens in plus the very minuscule crush (if even) that he had (maybe) on Hana. The whole time I thought I was reading too much into the Haiji/Kakeru dynamic but then this "confession" happens and I'm confused. You cannot say you expected this "confession" scene to happen.

As for everything else concerning all those anime, idc to discuss them because it's like opening a can of worms. As for the Sarazanmai thing, that's hella strange. Idk how it is here on MAL but on reddit I feel like everyone was on the same consensus that the show was hella gay. There was plenty of people posting their analysis of each episode and I was there for that. I didn't see too much debate on the show in that area there. Maybe that was just my experience.

Sooooo like I was saying I'm on the same side as you on how we interpret for the most part.There is no need to tell me what I'm thinking or assuming my thoughts for me. Not once did I say or infer that I think they're "straight" and they will all get girlfriends. I never talked about any of that in what I was saying. I didn't say it was okay if one of them was a girl, I was just agreeing with the original joke you made. It's obvious there are people that straight up ignore queer subtext but if this was a M/F couple they wouldn't poke holes in the relationship as much as a queer coded one. I'm not saying it's okay to disregard the subtext but everyone is able to interpret things how they feel like, no?

I enjoyed their relationship and I enjoyed the show very much. Simple as that.

(Tfw you respond to the wrong comment by accident lmao...)

I mean, you didn't say it, that's what fujoshi bait is, in the essence? Authors bait people think there is going to be a possible gay development and it goes nowhere and it's straight up erased by the story. I see you have Code Geass in your favorites (Picking an anime you can recognize), Suzaku/Lelouch is the classical example of fujoshibait, i.e. two men clearly straight with homoerotic subtext that goes nowhere and both have canon girlfriends. People will do doujin/fanfictions/etc and have fun with it, but it's clear by the in-canon text that those two men have no interest in each other and there was never going to be any possible development.

Kaze starts as the story of two people who casually meet each other, never really show any interest in women/don't have romantic interest, ultimate grow closer and closer and find the joy of running and meaning of running in each other. The story could have finished with a simple friendship, but it pushed further by implying Kakeru may have feeling for "someone".

Is it canon, as it's 100% put in plain text? No, obviously, but few things are. Not even Hana being into the twins is technically canon, since it's not stated in plain text (But obvious is if one pays attention at how she interacts with them through the show) Would people call it romance/assume love if one of them was a girl? Yes, absolutely. People assumed Hana was into Kakeru or Haiji for far less (Despite blushing at the twins every time she talked to them). It's not my problem if people chose to selectively zone out every time M/M interactions happen. I don't, I see the interactions through the characters and react to them accordingly (Though, obviously M/M interactions can't enjoy the same level of text as M/F in this industry, Ikuhara literally did an anime on that...)

Does the story support it? I would say, yes absolutely. I would say there are certainly more clues pointing at it than the other way around. I certainly don't feel "baited", I enjoyed the evolution of their relationship as friendship until the last episodes, which I don't think was even particularly "shippy" until the last episodes.

If the show didn't have Kakeru ask Jooji the meaning of love and the last episode didn't connect the meaning of running with that very question I certainly would not be here arguing about the legitimacy of the pairing, as I don't think the show prior to episode 22 and 23 was particularly homoerotic (Hence the, "what bait?"). I don't think it's a coincidence 90% of the fan-artists and fan-fictions picked up only after the final episode.

People calling a show gay doesn't mean they think the show is "actually gay" in their eyes. Look at Free, which is usually regarded as pure fujobait (Because the characters act as asexual moeblobs) but also gay as hell. Heck, even Kaze was called "gay" because it had a bunch of naked dudes every episode and it's aimed at women. Despite Reo and Mabu having a spin-off in a BL manga they didn't do anything "gay" in it (They actually did, but that's not the point, people have color-blindness with M/M interactions), therefor they fell into the "fujobait" zone. I know, I had to argue with people they were clearly meant to be at least a "serious pairing".
Jin_uzukiJan 25, 2020 2:20 PM

Apr 7, 2020 12:06 AM
Apr 2020
ladyamms said:

??? where ? novel only 1 volume ! all web say she like Kakeru not everyone, she love him and twins is only friends ! ending ep 23 anime say Haiji or Kakeru ! twins love her but she no love them ! ep 20 can seen it ! on novel she love kakeru 100% ! and anime she love him in ep 1 and all ep ! black man know it in ep 2 3 ! :))) ! i watched 5 times anime and read full 6 vol manga and reading novel :) !
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

210 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

84 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2019

66 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

93 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2019

68 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.