Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2019 3:39 PM

Sep 2018
Mar 28, 2019 10:53 AM

Dec 2016
wait is chapter 67 the last chapter?

i do feel like it was pretty rushed, and an almost pathetic end to the sangwoo readers learnt to fear/respect/etc - feels like koogi wasn't quite sure how to get rid of him otherwise. plus, bum
seemed way too convenient. that said, the ending of the past and present merging fit well with the killing stalking we all know.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Mar 28, 2019 7:36 PM

Sep 2018
@photophobic Yeah, I appreciate the thought she put in to making the story somewhat come back to where it started in that way. And i liked the twist when we learn the fate of his mother.
But absolutely, I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt left high and dry without closure. 67 was indeed the last chapter. It didn't even feel like it, right? She spent so much time dillydallying with buildups that lead to nothing. I just really dont get it. Honestly, I've gone back and read some of the early chapters again, and I'm saddend by the fact that the poor ending has made me second guess my own taste. Was this actually as deep and well thought out of a story as I had originally thought it was? Was I obsessing over something that wasn't really as great as I thought? in the end, I still believe this is a great story. But it's just really sad that it ended it in this piddly way.

I would've liked sangwoo to not die just yet, and maybe get one more episode where we see sangwoo in prison and bum in some kind of mental hospital, followed by dramatic scenes of both their gory deaths. I mean she still could've put in all that stuff about them never getting to say goodbye, but they could've each gone out in a respective bang. The story was so gory, it feels unnatural for it to end without violent bloodshed.

also, @savasvania
Mar 30, 2019 5:05 AM

Dec 2012
Read the whole webtoon in the last two days (have been waiting for it to be finished for two years now) and I have a lot of mixed feelings about it. On one hand I liked how dark and messed up it was, but I also think it dragged on for too long with too many repetitions. And there are many details that make me feel bad about it, like
- What was the point of that one panel in the first chapter that says "bipolar personality disorder" when it never gets mentioned ever and no other character has specifically called out mental health issues? Even more frustrating to read the author's interview after season 1 where she says "I didn't do much research for the disorder but I wanted him to be "not normal" and unique." which completely rubs me the wrong way.
- In season 2 or 3 Sangwoo says something like "I'm a murderer, not a rapist", but then a few chapters later starts raping Bum over and over again. For some reason I thought at least their intimate moments would be genuine - Still messed up and unhealthy with a lot of power dynamics, but it wouldn't turn into simple rape.
- The last two chapters were so weird, like what was the point of Bum constantly getting the wrong name? The nurses should immediately recognize the name of the famous killer which was on TV, is in their hospital and they have people protesting outside. And how did Bum simply get the ashes? And when Bum saw a burned person in the hospital I was sure it was Sangwoo and that Bum might not even be sure if he's still attracted to him or he would be too disturbed by it, but nope, just a random person.
- I don't understand how that whole house went up in flames. Did one of them plan to blow it up? Because a whole house doesn't just fill with gas and explodes just because you have water boiling on a gas stove.
These are just some minor things I can remember immediately, but they left a bad taste in my mouth. And that's how it was pretty often in the last season.

In general I just have a lot of mixed feelings. I do think it's a good idea to have Sangwoo die and Bum not being able to give him the ring - In a messed up way it's sad and I don't think these two should have a normal happy ending. But it was so... random. Smothered with a pillow by a random grandma just how his mother tried when he was a kid- I'm not sure if I should be amazed or upset.
And by now I have read a lot of ideas that sound much better, like @Si-Ran said that they both die in prison and mental health institute or someone on Reddit said how we could've gotten a hint that Bum is now idolizing the cop for helping him and it slowly turns into another obsession.

Btw, seems like there will be one more chapter next week. The author said in the last interview she can't answer a question yet but it'll be revealed in the final chapter.
Mar 30, 2019 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
We are left with more questions than answers honestly. I do still like the story for what it was but I can also not ignore the glaring flaws in writing at times. I do wonder what Koogi will do next though.
Oct 15, 2019 11:10 PM
Oct 2019
This story has left a lot of unanswered questions. Its been months and I'm still not over it lol. I wished Koogi could have continued this so that both characters could at least feel somewhat happy in their end; yet they couldn't even speak to each other at all. Like what was happening with Bum and the pill bottles? What about the BPD? it was all just too overwhelming and i need answers (and a new season but alas it will only be in my dreams ;-;)
Nov 1, 2019 10:21 AM
Nov 2019
So yoonbum also died right? But I really like Sangwoo's death hahaha that grandma is the real killer lol xd.
Dec 30, 2019 12:58 PM
Jun 2017
Bro I finished it in one night.
It was amazing.
But did bum really died.
I mean I do want them to be together man
Vimu
Jan 13, 2020 6:43 AM

Nov 2009
Disappointing final cause I really wanted Yoon bum to get therapy and continue his life man he deserved better, so glad that sangwo died though hated him It would been more interesting if he would be in prison at the end though
Jan 17, 2020 6:13 PM
Jan 2020
Vimu_Riyuga said:
Bro I finished it in one night.
It was amazing.
But did bum really died.
I mean I do want them to be together man

No he didn't die, its unknwon.

And yikes.
Apr 23, 2020 6:36 AM

Dec 2019
Im glad Sangwoo got what he deserved. That ending really fucked with my head, nope the whole thing did. I feel like ima be thinking about this manwha for some time, esp with yoon bum’s helpless little expession. Never again
May 10, 2020 7:33 AM
May 2020
This is a bit late but can someone explain to me the meaning of its ending when sangwoo was crossing the road with a woman? It really made me so confused weather was it his mom or it is explained that sangwoo never loved Bum?
May 20, 2020 7:47 PM
May 2020
Oh men, sangwoo never actually loved bum—he just loved his mom, but the ending is so beautiful. They r not gonna be together, okay? So sangwoo tried to kill him before they got into the accident, that made bum stressed and having trauma, so for Sengwoo to die is basically to be together with his mom, Bum coming back to their little house (that screwed me iver because he was gonna give him a ring), so bum has an hallucination and he starts chasing sengwoo kind of what he did in the begining...stalking. So my opinion is; bum died because he promised sengwoo they would be together until death.
May 22, 2020 7:57 PM
May 2020
Koogi confirmed on Twitter a while ago that Bum didn't die. That's good.

And no Sangwoo never loved Bum, that's very obvious.
He broke Bum's legs, abused him, raped him, manipulated him, attempted to kill him several times, sexually abused him, etc. Sangwoo is homophobic and outright stated that he isn't into dudes. In the Epiloge, Koogi's notes, she said that Sangwoo never loved Bum and only saw him as replacement, and that he's straight.
Jun 25, 2020 7:46 AM
Jun 2020
Remember Sangwoo always says to Bum, that old people are disgusting, Welp Grandma your the one!!!

done reading and kinda disappointed with the ending!! and how did they deal with the situation esp in the hospital scenes !! In my opinion its strange that the door in Sangwoo's room left open accidentally, And shouldn't it have a security or police guarding the room??I mean he's still a serial killer/criminal though. and Bum easily went out/in in the hospital whilst under investigation and no one noticed except for Sunbaee hmm 🤔 Im not sure guys, what do you think?

and lastly it all happened because of misunderstandings(bet. Sanwoo and Bum) !!! whyyyy? o whyyyy (sorry Im just sad rn. T_T)
Jun 25, 2020 7:50 AM
Jun 2020
Si-Ran said:
Yes, I totally agree with you. Im really really sad right now :(
Jun 27, 2020 1:00 PM

Dec 2012
Danigurl said:
Remember Sangwoo always says to Bum, that old people are disgusting, Welp Grandma your the one!!!

done reading and kinda disappointed with the ending!! and how did they deal with the situation esp in the hospital scenes !! In my opinion its strange that the door in Sangwoo's room left open accidentally, And shouldn't it have a security or police guarding the room??I mean he's still a serial killer/criminal though. and Bum easily went out/in in the hospital whilst under investigation and no one noticed except for Sunbaee hmm 🤔 Im not sure guys, what do you think?

and lastly it all happened because of misunderstandings(bet. Sanwoo and Bum) !!! whyyyy? o whyyyy (sorry Im just sad rn. T_T)

I felt that Sangwoo got killed because the hospital was being neglectful/badly managed. They knew Sangwoo was too badly injured to get up and hurt anyone else, so they didn't bother locking the door. The staff just didn't care about protecting a murderer. That's also why they didn't admit what actually happened, and instead made up some story about Sangwoo dying from lung damage.
For all they knew, Bum could have been one of those angry protesters, and just be trying to get close to harm Sangwoo...
Jul 16, 2020 2:34 AM

Jan 2016
Absolutely disappointing ending. All that build up for an ending that just slaps you in the face
Jul 16, 2020 5:07 AM
May 2020
Well Bum didn't die so that's good but I wish Sangwoo had a more painful death after everything he did.
Jul 17, 2020 12:11 PM
Jul 2020
Personally I think bum died getting run over by a car chasing hallucinations of Sangwoo. Ik it’s weird but I would prefer them both dying rather only bum staying alive cause bum will soon get haunted by the hallucinations of Sangwoo like Sangwoo did with his mum. And imagine that happens, yoonbum could turn into a psychopath like Sangwoo. So I hope bum rlly died. I think he would be happier dead with Sangwoo rather than living.
Jul 17, 2020 12:12 PM
Jul 2020
enopg said:
Well Bum didn't die so that's good but I wish Sangwoo had a more painful death after everything he did.
I think bum died as well since the traffic lights turned red while him running after Sangwoo. They did promise to die together after all
Jul 17, 2020 5:34 PM
May 2020
Skyfp said:
enopg said:
I think bum died as well since the traffic lights turned red while him running after Sangwoo. They did promise to die together after all

I dunno, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the Author stated on their Twitter once that Bum survived when they were asked.
And Bum didn't plan to die, he wanted to finally move on in the end, he wouldn't have kept the promise nor should he because of all the horrible things Sangwoo has done to him.
Bum, although still naive, finally realized in the end that Sangwoo never loved him after Sangwoo tried to kill him, but that should've been clear to him a long time ago after Sangwoo beat and raped him numerous of times.
Soo, Bum probably ended up in a hospital and I like that his ending was left open.
Jul 22, 2020 12:16 AM

May 2015
Actually, I didn't really like plot moves of this work in general, but the ending is good (except for the pillow, it was too stupid). At least it looks like a real completion and liberation, and not a random loss of feelings and "well, then his whole life was waiting for him", as many writers do.
Jul 22, 2020 4:38 AM
May 2020
Makiramay said:
Actually, I didn't really like plot moves of this work in general, but the ending is good (except for the pillow, it was too stupid). At least it looks like a real completion and liberation, and not a random loss of feelings and "well, then his whole life was waiting for him", as many writers do.

But it was basically the cliché "open fate while leaving things unexplained" ending, you can tell that the Author rushed it, maybe they realized that it lost its touch over the course. The Author even referenced the beginning of the series with the bat swing.
I feel like the only good thing about the ending is that Sangwoo died and that Seungbae got the recognition he deserved.
Bum got the cliché open fate ending so many movies do with its characters so that was a neutral thing, if however it's true that the Author indeed confirmed that Bum survived, then I'd at least wanted a epilogue, maybe months or years after the ending.
Jul 23, 2020 12:32 PM

May 2015
enopg said:
Makiramay said:

But it was basically the cliché "open fate while leaving things unexplained" ending, you can tell that the Author rushed it, maybe they realized that it lost its touch over the course. The Author even referenced the beginning of the series with the bat swing.
I feel like the only good thing about the ending is that Sangwoo died and that Seungbae got the recognition he deserved.
Bum got the cliché open fate ending so many movies do with its characters so that was a neutral thing, if however it's true that the Author indeed confirmed that Bum survived, then I'd at least wanted a epilogue, maybe months or years after the ending.

I thought (and still think) that lives of both main characters were over, so I had no questions.
Jul 24, 2020 11:47 AM
May 2020
There were many things which were left unexplained. How Bum escaped his uncle. What was wrong with Sangwoo's mom. When and how Sangwoo's serial killings started. How exactly Bum's parents died. Why Bum held spoons in such a weird way in the flashbacks (The Author said in a Q&A that they're gonna explain that, but then that didn't happen), etc. The ending just felt rushed. How Seungbae's doing after the end? Did Bum actually survive like the Author said or not? Reading 3 seasons of this and then being left with a open ending was kinda disappointing, especially because of how unnecessary dragged out Season 3 felt the whole time.
enopgJul 24, 2020 11:51 AM
Aug 1, 2020 2:54 AM

Mar 2012
idk man, this ending fucked up my head. lots of stuff don't make sense like the hospital scene where they gave him the wrong name twice and then he is magically able to get a hold of sangwoo's ashes like it's a jar of cookies or something.

i liked the general direction the ending was trying to navigate to but the writing in the last 2 chapters felt very rushed and flawed. i was not expecting a good ending but i feel like i need some heavy therapy sessions after reading this.

what i did like about the ending however, is the realism. that just because the ordeal is over doesn't mean bum gets to live happily ever after, this shit stays with you and haunts you for the rest of your life. especially when the victim is suffering from a stockholm syndrome like bum.
物事は良くなりますか ? 
Aug 15, 2020 10:36 AM

Feb 2019
Aghhhh really though?!?! What an emotional roller coaster 😣 Overall as much as it was toxic I couldn't stop reading this...it was a great final chapter. I definitely feel like it could have given more closure but Bum buying the ring was enough for me.
My Candies:
“Even when you were so depressed and emotionally unstable, the taste of your coffee jelly stayed the same." Kusuo Saiki
Apr 15, 2021 2:37 AM

Jul 2019
Seriously. The first season was great and the second was a strong follow-up. The third season got really long with the slice of life but I thought it would be good in hindsight if it lead to a strong character development. And even though it led Sangwoo to realize he saw his mom in Bum, it was too little for such a huge investment.

The same applies to the policeman who served his purpose in season 2 but to give him the win in the end without even killing him, yikes. He was appallingly boring specially compared to the MC. I once saw a comment saying they got L & Kira vibes and I just had to laugh. He was basic and got far too much spotlight in season 3. I will never get over the fact that he physically beat Sangwoo in such a stupid 2000s Hollywood action movie way.

Bum getting handed the ashes without anyone checking his ID, that old fart killing Sangwoo with a pillow... This story derailed hard. So disappointing.
Sep 19, 2023 6:47 AM

Feb 2021
Very ambiguous and far-fetched final.

Sangwoo CAN recover, of course with many burns, but he can be alive. Why he was cremated? Because of one old lady who simply PUT A PILLOW TO COVER HIS HEAD? It is ridiculous, there is ALWAYS a nurse in such department, I know about at as I am a doctor myself.

And Bum? He COULD VISIT Sangwoo the day that he misconducted the hospital, but he WAS AFRAID? He, who, WENT THROUGH A LOT, SUCH HORROR AND GORE, COULDN'T VISIT Sangwoo? It all looks so funny to me.

And I still hopes that we wasn't got hit by a car and survived.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Killing Stalking Chapter 67 Discussion

CandyRat - Jun 27, 2020

28 by MickeyMinaj »»
Feb 29, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Killing Stalking Chapter 63 Discussion

CandyRat - Jun 26, 2020

2 by MickeyMinaj »»
Feb 29, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Killing Stalking Chapter 27 Discussion

CandyRat - Jun 17, 2020

9 by MickeyMinaj »»
Feb 28, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Killing Stalking Chapter 23 Discussion

_fujoshi - May 24, 2020

6 by MickeyMinaj »»
Feb 28, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Killing Stalking Chapter 66 Discussion

CandyRat - Jun 27, 2020

1 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 18, 2023 8:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.