Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 13, 2019 9:20 PM

May 2011
Could be useful to only list originals e.g.
Apr 18, 2019 11:51 AM

Jun 2017
It's nice to be added but there are alternative ways...
AWC_mod said:

[*]"How do I find the source of an anime? Is there an easy way?"
You can try checking the Seasonal Anime page. If you try a search there of your selected type you might be able to find some (otherwise try previous seasons). Alternatively try a web search:
itsworthless said:
[...] type this into google "Source: [SOURCE HERE] site:myanimelist.net ". it should help you with [...] the source you want [...]

Or
starfishalliance said:
Since so many people were/are having trouble with some of the "adapted from xxx" criteria, I've made (well, am working on) a comprehensive list of anime that's adapted from less-common sources. You can find it here if you need help with those items or would like to suggest ones I might have missed so far!

Or
NinjaNed said:
Hey Y'all, After finding it hard to find an Anime that is adapted from a picture book of all things, along with Radio, or Digital Manga and what have you, I made a python script that pretty much went to every page of MAL and gout their source and other info that would help you choose which one to watch for challenge 48-50 and 87-90. I'm not sure if anybody's actually posted something similar, but hopefully this can help others out. The code I used to find it is also in the same Github repository that the links are in.

Link to List of Animes sourced from:
Game
Book
Web Manga
Card Game
Picture Book
Digital Manga
Radio
Music
***Note the links changed, find them here

Apr 18, 2019 3:35 PM

May 2011
Latter two links don't work. Type in seasonals is where, near genre? Can't find it.
Apr 19, 2019 3:48 AM
Jul 2018
Seyfert said:
Latter two links don't work. Type in seasonals is where, near genre? Can't find it.

Use Anidb's search function, it is much more sophisticated than MAL's.

https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=search
Apr 19, 2019 5:58 AM

Jun 2017
Seyfert said:

Search with your browser that's all but you can use other ways the last one is really easy to use...

But you're right that blog url doesn't work I just copied this from last year's thread
mhkrApr 19, 2019 6:02 AM
Mar 16, 2022 11:22 AM

Jul 2011
Searching by source will be very useful. Searching for originals amongst manga/LN sources is annoying.

Edit: Similar topic. The mod can combine them. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1718617
kuikMar 16, 2022 11:27 AM

More topics from this board

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

4 by traed »»
Today, 9:50 AM

» Add the option to change profile favorites pictures

k1rb - Oct 21, 2022

20 by Astachanna »»
Today, 9:05 AM

» An "Anime Franchise" page

_cjessop19_ - Today

1 by Astachanna »»
Today, 9:04 AM

» Combining every season of an Anime?

Dennisss - Apr 1, 2021

17 by _cjessop19_ »»
Today, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.