Forum Settings
Forums

Which Isekai main protagonist do you like the best out of this guys?

New
Which Isekai main protagonist do you like the best out of this guys?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 2, 2019 5:10 AM

Feb 2016
Subaru, the anime would't be interesting without him, he is the best
Mar 2, 2019 5:32 AM
May 2015
I chose Lord Ainz. He's in a unique position as a monster overlord, and he's embracing it while trying to be a good person as much as he can.
Mar 2, 2019 5:39 AM

Jan 2019
Tanya would be my choice if she was on the list :<
Why is she not on this list, shame on you!

YouAreGoingToSay said:
Kirito obviously, he is a badass edgy thot slayer who would reject girls while they are stripping (asuna and sinon).

Just kidding :P

Sad you didn't add sora from no game no life but I guess that makes it fair.

I would choose Ainz just for his "villain to human" approach. Usually isekai worlds are based in 1400s monarchy era for some reason and the people are narrow minded so it's fun to see Ainz "lmao-ing" such normies.

Also I'd really want to see an isekai based in a futuristic and an unexpectedly unrealistic world instead of just throwing fantasy to the same textbook world.

not futuristic but "modern times" around 1900 i guess with magic isekai with guns and shit
Youjo Senki
DenkiDestroy99XMar 2, 2019 5:44 AM
Mar 18, 2019 11:44 AM
May 2015
The Demon Lord Diablo could do with a spot on this poll.

Mar 18, 2019 8:15 PM

Apr 2015
None of them, with the exception of Shiroe and (slightly) Rimuru.
Mar 18, 2019 8:23 PM

Dec 2015
Kazuma obviously the king of equality
Mar 18, 2019 9:32 PM

Jun 2015
While I do like poor natsuki subaru, did vote for him, havent watched any other of those shows, the real best isekai protagonist is

Shimazu Toyohisa! [its actually Nobunobu]
Mar 18, 2019 9:37 PM
Jan 2019
Look at the dropped anime of OP wannabe elitist but failed miserably
Aug 4, 2019 4:21 PM
Nov 2018
Subaru?! Really? Subaru is winning this? Subaru is literally the least likeable main protagonist I think I've ever seen in anime.

Hell, if we just take isekai quartet, we have Ainz, Tanya, and Kazuma, all three fun and hilarious characters, and then we have Subaru, who can't even keep a promise for 5 freaking seconds.
Aug 4, 2019 6:02 PM

Jan 2018
I'm surprised Subaru is leading this with most of MAL's hate boner of him. I haven't watched Log Horizon yet so I'll exclude that dude, but I'll vote for Subaru since he's the one with the best development out of them. The rest are basically Mary Sue's, while which can be entertaining it gets repetitive. If Kazuma was here I'd definitely vote for him.
What a beautiful Duwang
Aug 5, 2019 5:04 AM

Jan 2018

Kirito Kirigaya seems like a good choice for me because he is enjoyable to watch. He's the one who planted seed of yggdrasil to give birth to isekai. It's a fitting life cycle where you can see happiness being born across the universe of anime.
Nov 9, 2019 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
I hate Subaru with a passion, but he's the only protagonist whose anime I watched.

Jus1294 said:
I'm surprised Subaru is leading this with most of MAL's hate boner of him. I haven't watched Log Horizon yet so I'll exclude that dude, but I'll vote for Subaru since he's the one with the best development out of them. The rest are basically Mary Sue's, while which can be entertaining it gets repetitive. If Kazuma was here I'd definitely vote for him.

At the time I'm writing this, 7,561 people have Subaru in their favorites, so I think there are far more people who love him, than who hate him.

Stiggie said:
Subaru?! Really? Subaru is winning this? Subaru is literally the least likeable main protagonist I think I've ever seen in anime.

Hell, if we just take isekai quartet, we have Ainz, Tanya, and Kazuma, all three fun and hilarious characters, and then we have Subaru, who can't even keep a promise for 5 freaking seconds.

I mean, 7,561 people have favorited Subaru, at the time I'm writing this. Plus, even if us, the haters, think he's a terrible character, I think we can all agree he's at least more interesting than fucking Kirito.
Nov 9, 2019 11:49 AM

Oct 2018
even though my favourite isekai mc protagonist isn't on this list (izayoi sakamaki) from the "problem children are coming from another world aren't they?" anime

from this list i have to say that ainz is my favourite
Nov 9, 2019 1:51 PM

Sep 2017
The only correct answer to this poll shall be Kazuma, of course.
Nov 9, 2019 1:56 PM

Aug 2015
On the Poll, Ainz, but none of them really.

I like Kazuma but saying he is a good character is way too much. KonoSuba gets old really fast after the first season, being the second one a huge letdown.

For me the best protagonist is actually Tanya, which is weird considering I hate lolis, but at least it feels different than the rest that tries way too hard to be "relatable" to the reader.
Nov 9, 2019 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
I honestly don't like any of those.
I would say Kazuma, but that's probably unfair, since he was made to mock typical isekai characters.

I also dislike Tsukasa. And Hitomi wasn't that great, either.

This is actually hard, lol. Does a good isekai main even exist outside of movies?
Nov 9, 2019 2:53 PM

Jun 2016
I have only seen the anime for three of those, but i don't think seeing all would change my choice.

Subaru's overly hated just for not reciprocating the feelings of everyone's re:zero waifu and that's just stupid.

I find his situation very similar to Shinji's, both go through a lot of shit and no one in their right mind would like to be in their place irl, yet since this is fiction people think they're pussies because they want to see OP characters without too many struggles.
I won't deny Subaru can be annoying, but he did grow as a character in the end.
Nov 9, 2019 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
Psajdak said:
No one, absolutely no one among them.

Best isekai protagonist was, is, and always will be Yoko Nakajima from the ultimate isekai, Juni Kokuki.

THIS RIGHT HERE is the answer I was looking for.

If you're asking about a male main, OP, then I would go with Haruhiro from Grimgar as a likeable one.
But Youko still stands as my choice above every other isekai protagonist.
Nov 10, 2019 2:07 AM

Oct 2019
If he was an option, I'd pick Kazuma because everything he does it fucking hilarious and he's also an advocate for true gender equality which deserves all my respect.

My favourite is probably Rimuru because I think he's really cute and also because he's just genuinely nice with a good personality. Also, I love it when someone who's supposed to be weak is OP as fuck. (He's a slime and slimes are like the weakest monsters)

As for the best protagonist character-wise, that would have to be Subaru because he's definitely the most realistically written and well-developed out of all of them. I know lots of people don't agree with that and think he's annoying and his love for Emilia is stupid and stuff but if you think about the situation he's in everything he does actually makes sense.
He gets transported to this crazy fantasy world and that same day he fucking dies and painfully as well. He keeps dying because people keep killing him for reasons he can't do anything about and when he does things are reset like it never happened. On top of that, he can't tell anyone about his weird power or he'll literally get consumed from the inside out. Sure he went a little insane and his inner monologues are just him complaining, but hell, I would go insane too.
Sorry for that rant I just feel like people should appreciate Subaru more.
Nov 10, 2019 2:48 AM

Feb 2017
Where is the older brother from No Game No Life? He is one of the best though I forgot his name lol
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

15 by Spunkert »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - Yesterday

42 by Maou_heika »»
9 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

32 by 41413 »»
11 minutes ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 6 hours ago

16 by 41413 »»
13 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 1 hour ago

11 by Spunkert »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.