Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 17, 2019 4:44 PM

Dec 2009
Excluding the mind-numbing filler, Naruto and Naruto Shippuden were actually great anime.

Change my mind.
Feb 17, 2019 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
I can't. I dropped Naruto and Shippuden, but I didn't have a bad time with them, just lost interest.
Feb 17, 2019 5:04 PM

Dec 2009
Aldnox said:
I can't. I dropped Naruto and Shippuden, but I didn't have a bad time with them, just lost interest.

Fair enough. That shit had me hooked when I was a teenager.
Feb 17, 2019 5:04 PM

Jun 2014
I saw a couple of episodes of Naruto when it first aired on TV in my country, and it wasn't my cup of tea at all. Naruto, along with FMA, Bleach, Death Note, Witch Hunter Robin and Gundam SEED made me start to hate Anime for many years, and I ended up going from around 2003 to 2010 without watching any Anime.

Feb 17, 2019 5:06 PM

Dec 2009
Seiya said:
I saw a couple of episodes of Naruto when it first aired on TV in my country, and it wasn't my cup of tea at all. Naruto, along with FMA, Bleach, Death Note, Witch Hunter Robin and Gundam SEED made me start to hate Anime for many years, and I ended up going from around 2003 to 2010 without watching any Anime.

Damn, those anime must have hurt you.
Feb 17, 2019 5:10 PM

Jun 2014
BrokenPhoenix said:
Seiya said:

Damn, those anime must have hurt you.

I grew up as a kid in the 90s, and most of the Anime I watched was either on TV, or tapes that I rented from the store, so most of what I saw was from the 80s & 90s. Anime from the 2000s that I saw back then wasn't really my cup of tea.

Of course, there are good Anime from the 2000s, but the good stuff didn't air on any TV channels I had.

Feb 17, 2019 5:52 PM

Mar 2017
I've only been here like 22 months but I swear I see a "Naruto is great minus the filler" thread every week.

I first watched Naruto because I liked everything about it. I was 14 when picked it up again to continue the experience I had as a kid. 1st arc was pretty good, but the absolutely horrendous pacing, bad comedy, inconsistency, and crap story in Shippuden totally killed it for me. The fight scenes are pretty awesome though, but I wish I never watched it. That and Fairy Tail.
Feb 17, 2019 7:18 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Casual Discussion
Feb 17, 2019 7:20 PM

May 2016
i actually thought it was decent despite the fillers. i liked the animation during fight scenes a lot

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Feb 17, 2019 7:24 PM

Dec 2009
pure said:
i actually thought it was decent despite the fillers. i liked the animation during fight scenes a lot

I liked the animation during the fight scenes too, truly a masterclass in how to animate.
Feb 17, 2019 7:30 PM

May 2016
BrokenPhoenix said:
pure said:

I liked the animation during the fight scenes too, truly a masterclass in how to animate.

that animation is appropriate and actually "good" for that scene between naruto and pain. it was even explained to prove why it was necessary and how it fit the fight well

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Feb 17, 2019 7:33 PM

Dec 2009
pure said:
BrokenPhoenix said:

that animation is appropriate and actually "good" for that scene between naruto and pain. it was even explained to prove why it was necessary and how it fit the fight well

Yes, I'm well aware. I actually meant what I said, unironically.
Feb 17, 2019 7:35 PM

May 2016
BrokenPhoenix said:
pure said:

oh oops i couldn't help but read that as a joke... since a lot of people do make fun of that scene a lot

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Feb 17, 2019 7:37 PM

Dec 2009
pure said:
BrokenPhoenix said:

oh oops i couldn't help but read that as a joke... since a lot of people do make fun of that scene a lot

No harm done, it's just one of my favourite fight scenes in the series.
Feb 17, 2019 7:41 PM

May 2016
BrokenPhoenix said:
pure said:

it really is great! i thought it was portrayed waaay better in the anime than the manga. tbh i personally think naruto went downhill after the pain arc

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Feb 17, 2019 7:48 PM

Dec 2009
pure said:
BrokenPhoenix said:

it really is great! i thought it was portrayed waaay better in the anime than the manga. tbh i personally think naruto went downhill after the pain arc

Yeah, you have a lot of advantages when portraying fights in anime as opposed to in manga (i.e., animation, duh, music, actual speech etc).. yeah, the latter of stages of Shippuden weren't great
Feb 17, 2019 7:51 PM

Feb 2018
even without the filler they're ok at best. extremely lazy production. boring, predictable, and cliche characters and storyline. meh meh meh meh you're so shit
Feb 17, 2019 7:53 PM

Dec 2009
BorisM3 said:
even without the filler they're ok at best. extremely lazy production. boring, predictable, and cliche characters and storyline. meh meh meh meh you're so shit

The edge lord returns.

Swords at the ready men!
Feb 17, 2019 7:59 PM

Feb 2018
BrokenPhoenix said:
BorisM3 said:

The edge lord returns.

Swords at the ready men!

*shoots you dead*
get a life. bin that knife.
Feb 17, 2019 8:01 PM

Dec 2009
BorisM3 said:
BrokenPhoenix said:

The edge lord returns.

Swords at the ready men!

*shoots you dead*
get a life. bin that knife.

Fuck, he's an asterik roleplayer... this is gonna take some beating.
Feb 18, 2019 12:43 AM
Sep 2018
Naruto is the anime that holds a special place in a lot of our hearts. It was an anime that so many of us started on and we will defend so many parts of the series even with there flaws. Now I agree minus the filler this was a good anime, and the story really had something going for it. I rate this my personal favourite anime because it is so special to me not because it is perfect. Fight scenes were amazing made you want to be a ninja in this world and character introduction was 1 aspect of this show they got right for example Zabuza arc, and Itachis introduction was amazing. But the fillers are ridiculous, and it loses people’s interest really quick. What’s under Kakashis mask is the worst episode to date in the entire series hands down
You don’t have enough hatred
Feb 18, 2019 1:50 PM

Sep 2018
Havent even watched the filler and without it i can say it is OK its your typical well done Shounen with some great fights that wouldve made History if the build up wouldve been better
I gave both a 6/10
Feb 18, 2019 1:54 PM

Nov 2013
"minus the bad part, every anime is a great anime"

I would say that fillers are basically a part of Naruto, and while true that Naruto is a great anime without the filler, I think it's basically impossible to look over all the flashback and useless arcs.
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS.
Feb 28, 2019 1:45 AM

Aug 2016
Naruto, definitly. Without fillers I would probably place it in my top 10.
Shippuden, just till Pain´s arc.
:v
Feb 28, 2019 1:54 AM

May 2014
Shippuden would still be a bit mediocre overall, even with the fillers taken out. But Naruto would be a great anime.
Mar 30, 2019 4:27 PM

Feb 2016
I agree, it's great, just too many fillers. I only thought it was a shame how the animation got worse over time (when it went on in Shippuuden)
Mar 30, 2019 4:43 PM

Jun 2016
naruto has many flaws even without the fillers, doesn't stop me from loving naruto tho
Mar 31, 2019 9:50 AM

Jan 2018
BrokenPhoenix said:
Excluding the mind-numbing filler, Naruto and Naruto Shippuden were actually great anime.

Change my mind.

Naruto (Part 1) is really one of the best shounen anime. A coming-of-age story with a lot of heavy themes (Murder, War, Revenge, Death, Love, Dreams, Ideals, PTSD, and even being a (child) soldier as well). The characters are also really engaging, with the exception of someone like Sakura and Ino. Some fans actually don't like Part 1 because, some of the times, they act kinda 'bratty', but what do you expect considering that Part 1 is a coming-of-age story about 12-year-olds as Ninjas or (child) soldiers? (8.6/10)

Naruto Shippuden (Part 2), in my opinion, is truly a letdown, especially the last arc of it. After the time skip, the plot feels more action-heavy. The beginning of Shippuden is not bad. Kishimoto gave us more action that the fanbase wanted and Sakura actually became so good, I fell in love with her in the Gaara Rescue Arc... too bad she never really got that momentum again.

The shining points of Part 2 are the Itachi Revelation and the Pain Arc, where Kishimoto basically went full fucking overdrive on 'Ideals'. But after that, Part 2 really goes downhill.

One of the issues I have with Part 2 is Sasuke's characterization, where he went from an alternative perspective of the main protagonist to someone that needs saving, and we could see that in The Five Kage Summit Arc.

That arc was also really not living to the hype after the Pain Arc, where the state of affairs of other villages are just given a passing glimpse, where Sakura became useless again, and where Sasuke gets villainized too fucking much (cringey lines and full-blown evil laugh... yikes)

And then there's the 4th Ninja War Arc... there's just too much shit I don't like in this arc but I'm just gonna name two of the biggest. They are, of course, the reincarnation thing, which is basically Kishimoto giving us the middle finger, and Boruto! (nuff said).

Overall, Part 2 could've been so much better... but ended up as a disappointment. (6.1/10)

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 12, 2019 11:26 AM

Nov 2018
It's a masterpiece, fillers were good too but the bad ones were really awful. Wouldn't have found other classics like FT, HxH without it.
Apr 12, 2019 11:33 AM

Nov 2016
xfinityretaile1 said:
It's a masterpiece, fillers were good too but the bad ones were really awful. Wouldn't have found other classics like FT, HxH without it.

Is hunter x hunter inspired of Naruto??
Jul 23, 2019 1:41 PM
Apr 2016
I'm very attached to the Naruto series, and I love it! Very much. I really disagree with people that say it's "bad" or whatever, disregarding my personal attachment, it's really not bad at all. People call Sasuke "edgy," anddddd that's the stupidest thing you could hear someone say, ever.
Jul 23, 2019 1:57 PM

Oct 2014
Naruto will always be great in my book. I actually rated it counting out the fillers. I'm admittedly biased since it was what got me into anime, but I don't care. Shippuden on the other hand is very debatable.
Jul 23, 2019 2:02 PM
May 2019
Yeah it was a good anime I enjoyed it. My only complain was the pacing and animation other then that it was a fun watch.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 60 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 1, 2009

26 by Matheus050 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto Episode 186 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 30, 2009

26 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 148 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 20, 2009

19 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 24, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 144 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 19, 2009

16 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 23, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 97 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 8, 2009

27 by Darzaka »»
Apr 23, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.