Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 10, 2019 4:20 PM
Jul 2011
I'm following this manga, but I feel terrible about the stalking/grooming. This is some terrible stuff there and I feel this need to reach into the manga and tell that girl that Ryou's attentions are not ok, that what he does goes way over the line, specially when he inserts himself into a situation or makes a reason to get her alone. It's not romantic at all, it's scary.
I say that as someone that has been stalked (hell, the guy keeps dropping into my social media twice a year almost 20 years later, so I could say I'm still stalked, it's only that he doesn't shows up outside my school anymore.).
Maybe I should just drop the series.
Jun 23, 2019 6:50 PM
Dec 2015
Yeah, I read this manga today (only 12 ch) and I ended up thinking the same.
The manga makes it seem cute that an adult stalks on highschooler because he "loves" her. I was enjoying at the beginning when she was ditching him, but
, I was like..."hey, girl, this is really wrong".
Not to mention that it only looks cute because he is handsome. In real life or even if he was ugly or fat, she'd call the police on spot.

I also feel like I should drop the series, specially now that a
... Man, you're 10 years older than her and you want to deprive her from a young love?
Mar 29, 2021 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
yeah, kinda weird how they romanticize it like that when its actually pretty creepy
Mar 30, 2021 5:41 PM
Sep 2014
I think it’s perfectly fine to enjoy the story and like the characters if you are aware that this is wrong in real life. This is fiction and if you are capable of understanding that, you are allowed to like it even if it’s wrong, but kept within certain boundaries (this story is romcom, nothing too crazy or twisted). I’m an adult woman that knows in real life the Mc would be a predator, but within the boundaries of fiction I can enjoy it and ship whatever I want lol as long as you are mature enough to understand what’s right and wrong irl it should be fine.

Now, if you’ve had experiences similar to the story that have had a negative impact in your life, then you should stop reading bc it’s definitely gonna be triggering. I hope I don’t come across as someone who accepts everything as long as it’s fiction though lol bc I don’t, but I think this kinda stories that are presented in an innocent, cute way are acceptable as long as we, the audience/readers, understand that real life is different and real man are not like Ryou lol who is just silly
Mar 31, 2021 7:38 PM
Jun 2020
NOBODY ASKED, LMAOOOO
Attention, entire world! Hear my proclamation: I am CornKing, Emperor of the Holy Corn Empire and your only ruler!
Mar 31, 2021 7:51 PM

Oct 2020
Apr 5, 2021 3:18 PM

Feb 2019
CornKingTG said:
NOBODY ASKED, LMAOOOO

nobody also asked you

Stop commenting only to get attention
Apr 22, 2021 8:29 AM
Jun 2020
Sakuta002766 said:

nobody also asked you

Stop commenting only to get attention

i forgot to ask LMAOOO
Attention, entire world! Hear my proclamation: I am CornKing, Emperor of the Holy Corn Empire and your only ruler!
Apr 27, 2021 12:56 AM
Jun 2009
saoki said:
I'm following this manga, but I feel terrible about the stalking/grooming. This is some terrible stuff there and I feel this need to reach into the manga and tell that girl that Ryou's attentions are not ok, that what he does goes way over the line, specially when he inserts himself into a situation or makes a reason to get her alone. It's not romantic at all, it's scary.
I say that as someone that has been stalked (hell, the guy keeps dropping into my social media twice a year almost 20 years later, so I could say I'm still stalked, it's only that he doesn't shows up outside my school anymore.).

20 years is quite some time, maybe you should become friends already
May 3, 2021 8:50 AM
Apr 2019
Just DROP the manga and shut up!! a guy checking your profile!! The hell!!! so what call the police KAREN, damn I hate this kind of ppl who think The world revolves around them, I like the story and ryuo is a good kindhearted man, the age gap is just bullshit, and you're the one making this creepy.
May 3, 2021 9:07 AM

Jul 2014
2 years and some people still don't know what grooming means.
May 3, 2021 8:42 PM
Jul 2009
I don't know why peoples upset with only this manga when there many other manga's with age gap too

Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet - the main girl who is 16 year old, she end up with a 28 year old guy

Takane to Hana - the main girl who is 16 year old, she end up with a 26 year old guy

P to JK - the main girl is 16 year old, she end up getting married at 16 year old to a 23 year old guy and the story continue on from there

Taiyou no Ie - the main girl is 17 year old, she end up with a 24 year old guy

Dengeki Daisy, the main girl is 16 year old, she end up with a 24 year old guy

so there many other age gap out there then just this one

May 10, 2021 10:32 AM

May 2020
Jessica1350 said:
I don't know why peoples upset with only this manga when there many other manga's with age gap too

Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet - the main girl who is 16 year old, she end up with a 28 year old guy

Takane to Hana - the main girl who is 16 year old, she end up with a 26 year old guy

P to JK - the main girl is 16 year old, she end up getting married at 16 year old to a 23 year old guy and the story continue on from there

because it's popular right nooow. There's an anime adaptation of it. Those mangas you mention? None.
How could you not understand that -_-
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Jun 14, 2021 2:37 PM

Sep 2011
MayInu said:
I think it’s perfectly fine to enjoy the story and like the characters if you are aware that this is wrong in real life. This is fiction and if you are capable of understanding that, you are allowed to like it even if it’s wrong, but kept within certain boundaries (this story is romcom, nothing too crazy or twisted). I’m an adult woman that knows in real life the Mc would be a predator, but within the boundaries of fiction I can enjoy it and ship whatever I want lol as long as you are mature enough to understand what’s right and wrong irl it should be fine.

Now, if you’ve had experiences similar to the story that have had a negative impact in your life, then you should stop reading bc it’s definitely gonna be triggering. I hope I don’t come across as someone who accepts everything as long as it’s fiction though lol bc I don’t, but I think this kinda stories that are presented in an innocent, cute way are acceptable as long as we, the audience/readers, understand that real life is different and real man are not like Ryou lol who is just silly

+999999999999999999999999 I don't know why people have to take everything so seriously and can't understand these things... Damn. It's a comedy, guys.

Also, I believe the series states clearly that this behaviour is wrong. They don't even condone it: Both their friends and family say this to them, and Ichika is the first one to call him on this. Ffs guys, the title of the series is "kimochi warui" ("gross/disgusting"). She calls him gross!! Until the very end, she scolds him about this behaviour ToT

I'm on board with trigger warnings, of course, 'cause I can understand that this may provoke anxiety to someone with past similar experiences, but don't crucify the series because of it.
"If you wish so ardently for your life to disappear then give it to me!"
Jun 17, 2021 8:40 PM

Dec 2017
if everyone turns out happy there's nothing wrong to me. also keep in mind this is fiction, if every series or anime had to be absolutely, completely, morally/socially correct, it would be very sad and very not representative of what our society is.

marina_ib said:
Man, you're 10 years older than her and you want to deprive her from a young love?

You actually look jealous, much insecurities ?
teisseireJun 17, 2021 9:00 PM
Jul 2, 2021 11:20 AM
Dec 2015
Jessica1350 said:

Actually, I didn't knot about P to JK and Takane no Hana. Thanks for the warning.
About the others, I didn't know at first, but when I've realized, I dropped.

teisseire said:

marina_ib said:
Man, you're 10 years older than her and you want to deprive her from a young love?

You actually look jealous, much insecurities ?

I don't even understand your question....like...I said she should fall in love with someone her age and I am being jealous? Explain it to me...maybe there's some language barrier that kept me from understanding what you've said.
Jul 2, 2021 11:37 AM

Feb 2020
based on anime, stalking is not much, it kind of there but really too much. he is upfront, (not really trying to hide that he likes here, he even told his friend and coworker ) kind of make things less weird. at best he makes multiple call or ask information from this sister or friend is the kind of things is what he do.

there is no grooming at all, they live in there own house. he is not really talking care of her or anything. they dont have any sort of sexual relationship still the end of the manga

if the age gap and mc persistent characteristic which gives a stalking appeal is absent, story is pretty much similar to Tsuki ga Kirei

^also he did not do anything to the other love interest of the girl (other than giving him deep stare or telling him to think of her as classmate). so there is no depriving of love as above person mentioned. also other love interest proposed and got rejected just like normal rejection

AdampkJul 2, 2021 12:32 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jul 6, 2021 10:56 AM

Feb 2020
saoki said:
You can’t judge another country by your country’s standards. Simple as that.

You may be sensitive to this topic yourself, but it doesn't change a thing and makes this story any less valid. Obviously today - especially in the west - this sort of thing would be considered harassment, but that wasn't the case up until very recently when these laws took effect. So it makes sense that there would still be some fiction depicting that, here and there. Especially non-western fiction.

By the way, in most countries around the world - including many US states - the age of consent is 15/16. So courting high schoolers doesn't pass as grooming by no means. It may be less socially accepted in some places, but any person above age of consent is absolutely free to be dated.
Sep 28, 2021 4:36 PM
Apr 2016
Ikkun_ said:
I was never going to read/watch anyway because age gap

What's wrong with dating someome older/younger than you? People in real life do the exact same thing. The characters in Koikimo are only 10 years apart. I will say that there's a certain limit of how far apart in age someone can be when dating, unless both parties are legally adults anyways.
Sep 28, 2021 4:38 PM
Apr 2016
People need to relax. There's nothing wrong with dating someone older/younger than you as long as both parties give consent. Plus there's no stalking or grooming in this series at all.
Sep 28, 2021 5:56 PM

Oct 2020
OtakuMan93 said:
Ikkun_ said:
I was never going to read/watch anyway because age gap

What's wrong with dating someome older/younger than you? People in real life do the exact same thing. The characters in Koikimo are only 10 years apart. I will say that there's a certain limit of how far apart in age someone can be when dating, unless both parties are legally adults anyways.
It doesn't interest me , so i'm not gonna read it. It's just not my type of romance , but if people enjoy it , good for them.
Sep 30, 2021 3:16 PM
Apr 2016
Ikkun_ said:
OtakuMan93 said:

It doesn't interest me , so i'm not gonna read it. It's just not my type of romance , but if people enjoy it , good for them.

I never said you had to watch it. I was just addressing the problem about the age gap and stalking/grooming that people thinks happens in this series. I think that covers everything that i wanted to say.
Sep 30, 2021 11:27 PM
Apr 2016
saoki said:

Do you even know the definition of grooming? It's when someone prepares a underaged child for sexual acts. There's no grooming in this series. The guy is only courting her by giving her presents and helping her out. People should really look up definitions and compare what is going on in a series before slapping labels on them. That's how things get bad reputations.

More topics from this board

» Heeeey is the manga worth reading after watching the anime?

Hibi-chan - Aug 12, 2021

4 by IlhamSandbari »»
May 4, 2022 8:22 AM

» It is complete.

iskarzzzy - Nov 27, 2021

3 by landofthekwt »»
Jan 19, 2022 10:55 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Chapter 63 Discussion

Juliocezar7 - Aug 2, 2021

0 by Juliocezar7 »»
Aug 2, 2021 7:11 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochiwarui Chapter 1 Discussion

MistyBlue - Nov 1, 2017

1 by Juliocezar7 »»
Aug 2, 2021 7:09 PM

» Chapters

iskarzzzy - Jun 25, 2021

0 by iskarzzzy »»
Jun 25, 2021 8:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.