Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2019 11:52 AM

Apr 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This was pretty great all the way through. All the side stories the characters drew were nice, and everything in the main story seems to have been wrapped up well. Even though Yukimori didn't end up with either of them, I loved the interactions between her and the main guys. I would've liked to see a bit more of Koma-sensei (especially some ecchi), but that's pretty much my only gripe.

Kaworu's art is only getting better, as well as her stories, so I'd love to see what she puts out in the future.
Aug 31, 2019 3:53 PM

Mar 2019
It was about nothing but I liked it quite a lot; it felt very surreal at times which at the beginning I had to get used to but eventually I grew to like it if one just accept the surreal-ness of these characters.

Kaworu's art is only getting better
Yes.

As well as her stories
Kodomo no Zikan is heart to topple. Maybe if he go back to writing about dark and damaged characters but K.n.Z. was one of those very rare comedy-dramas that somehow managed to be dark & serious, lighthearted & funny and on top of that have just the right amount of moe loli fan-service.

I'd say in this case the story wasn't really about anything but it was interesting and fun because it kept away from the common clichés. It's a really original ending where Nagase basically tells Yukimori that he's effectively a placeholder for Huzimaki who's still the actual prize but they somehow end up having sex anyway; I wonder whether the pact Nagase and Huzimaki made to have sex when the latter publish still stands.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Aug 31, 2019 7:34 PM

Apr 2016
Sphinxter said:
It was about nothing but I liked it quite a lot; it felt very surreal at times which at the beginning I had to get used to but eventually I grew to like it if one just accept the surreal-ness of these characters.

Yes.

As well as her stories
Kodomo no Zikan is heart to topple. Maybe if he go back to writing about dark and damaged characters but K.n.Z. was one of those very rare comedy-dramas that somehow managed to be dark & serious, lighthearted & funny and on top of that have just the right amount of moe loli fan-service.

I'd say in this case the story wasn't really about anything but it was interesting and fun because it kept away from the common clichés. It's a really original ending where Nagase basically tells Yukimori that he's effectively a placeholder for Huzimaki who's still the actual prize but they somehow end up having sex anyway; I wonder whether the pact Nagase and Huzimaki made to have sex when the latter publish still stands.

I wouldn't say I prefer this series or its story to KnJ, but I would say the story is paced better. In Kodomo no Jikan, most of the series was spent not tackling the dark, serious plotline, and instead ignoring it or occasionally alluding to it, with the exception of a small part in the middle which was extremely dark and heavy. I'm sure a 13 volume manga is a lot harder to pace than a 4 volume one, but for what it is, Joou-sama no Eshi is a pretty nice little package.
Sep 1, 2019 5:56 AM

Mar 2019
CapsulateRhyme8 said:
Sphinxter said:

Yes.

I wouldn't say I prefer this series or its story to KnJ, but I would say the story is paced better. In Kodomo no Jikan, most of the series was spent not tackling the dark, serious plotline, and instead ignoring it or occasionally alluding to it, with the exception of a small part in the middle which was extremely dark and heavy. I'm sure a 13 volume manga is a lot harder to pace than a 4 volume one, but for what it is, Joou-sama no Eshi is a pretty nice little package.
That's true; especially after Aoki admitted his feelings for Rin to himself there was a lot of filler where nothing really happened till the closing chapters.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Feb 11, 2020 9:16 AM

Jun 2019
I enjoyed this way too much even though it’s probably not even that good, got a ton of good laughs from this.
As the OP said, the art was great and the main story was wrapped up nicely. I loved the characters in the series and their interactions.

I’m kind of torn as to whether I should give this a six or a seven because while I very much enjoyed it, there were definitely some questionable scenes in the manga.

Dec 30, 2020 6:33 PM

Nov 2014
So basically, Sarina and Reika do it? Even though Sarina said she still loves Fujimaki but Reika is the only girl she'd choose? I kinda don't understand the ending.
Just so we're clear, I'm a solo player. One or two days of being orange means nothing to me. — Kazuto Kirigaya

Jan 17, 2021 2:33 AM

Apr 2016
Sphinxter said:

Yes.

As well as her stories

It's jikan kodomo no ji kan. zi is not even a character in japanese the only thing approximating it would be shi which is the same hiragana as shi with a datuken. why would you think you know better japanese than the translators on this site or the people who localized it? why would you just make up a word you have no idea what you are talking about? in the first place it's written in kanji so there isn't even a question of the datuken just because they sound similar you went with zikan? that is literally not a word. Jikan it means time.
Feb 27, 2022 6:23 AM
Jan 2021
Nadim_ said:
So basically, Sarina and Reika do it? Even though Sarina said she still loves Fujimaki but Reika is the only girl she'd choose? I kinda don't understand the ending.
i read chapter 1 and jumped to the lasg chapter to see how ti would evolve, but man, that was way too regretful. I don't know, but in my eyes (which didn't read the whole manga) seems yuri and yaoi
Feb 27, 2022 6:28 AM

Nov 2014
There's no Yaoi. It's just yuri. But Sarina would date Fujimaki but if she had to choose to date a girl she'd pick Reika
Just so we're clear, I'm a solo player. One or two days of being orange means nothing to me. — Kazuto Kirigaya

Jun 27, 2022 12:47 AM

Aug 2018
And so it ends.
Miyajima will continue under the name Ichigo Milk and Fujimaki is doing 4-Koma manga. Yukimori went to college and Sarina went to visit her, but it seems that SOMETHING else happened there.
This manga was entertaining.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Joou-sama no Eshi Chapter 23 Discussion

Tamer2002 - Jun 27, 2022

0 by Tamer2002 »»
Jun 27, 2022 12:32 AM

Poll: » Joou-sama no Eshi Chapter 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2018

1 by Tamer2002 »»
Jun 27, 2022 12:23 AM

Poll: » Joou-sama no Eshi Chapter 21 Discussion

Tamer2002 - Jun 27, 2022

0 by Tamer2002 »»
Jun 27, 2022 12:16 AM

Poll: » Joou-sama no Eshi Chapter 20 Discussion

Tamer2002 - Jun 27, 2022

0 by Tamer2002 »»
Jun 27, 2022 12:08 AM

Poll: » Joou-sama no Eshi Chapter 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2016

4 by Tamer2002 »»
Jun 26, 2022 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.