Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 11, 2019 9:14 PM

Dec 2015
To my knowledge, this is one of the few decent isekai LN that has yet to receive an anime adaption. (if anyone know other good LNs please tell me). I've burned through a few renowned series over the past year(slime, goblin slayer, spider, overlord, shield, konosuba, etc), and this is the only one that I managed to go from vol 1 of LN, to the last chapter of the WN.

So I've been wondering, we'll we ever see an anime for this series? Obviously this is not easy to adapt by any means, but a decent 24 episodes adaptation will be plentiful enough to draw in a decent sized fanbase for sequels.
Jan 12, 2019 2:46 AM

Jan 2016
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1321045

And also,

Grey-Zone said:
Detective1412 said:

Ah yeah that's the problem. (Hope) if it's popular as SAO, it will got 4 cour adaptation. The problem is on the sales of the LN, it's not popular enough, why...

My guess is that it's more popular in the West, being one of the first isekai WNs that got completely translated, than in Japan where it was just one among many and probably overshadowed by Shield Hero and those that came after. Also I imagine the ending might have not been very well received. It was a bit sudden after all and all the hype built up with the alternate self from the future with gravity magic went poof due to a sudden timeskip to... well, the ending.

I was so disappointed when it just ended like that, though I understand that there wasn't much left to write, it still came out of nowhere and felt rather disappointing.

It doesn't help that I started reading Coiling Dragon and other Chinese immortal cultivation novels right afterwards.
Detective1412Jan 12, 2019 2:51 AM
Jan 14, 2019 5:39 PM

Sep 2007
Probably never, which is for the best. Chances are 99/100 they'd either butcher it or it would end after one season which could only be at an awful point in the story. I do find it hilarious that the only actually good isekai story (and I've read a LOT of really shitty isekai stories) doesn't get an anime adaption.

The novels finally got licensed and the first one is being released in English this year at least.
Jan 23, 2019 6:06 PM

Dec 2014
with tate no yuusha getting an adaptation. let's hope an awesome mushoku tensei series like they do with gintama. 200+ episodes. hehehehhe
Feb 1, 2019 12:58 PM

Apr 2010
Ya, I would like to see this novel adapted in anime too.
I'm reading now, I'm already see many isekai animes, they adapted Smarthphone and death match , Why not this ? Well...how knows.
Mar 14, 2019 11:37 PM

Jul 2016
Its announced that the anime is in the works.

Mar 17, 2019 10:04 AM

Jun 2010
Just saw the key visual for it from Anime Trending on twitter. I've read quite a few chapters of this a long time ago, so I thought it looked familiar. Glad I refound it again because I've just powered through 51 chapters. It's been awhile since I loved an Isekai like this one. Just hope they do it justice with the adaption.

More topics from this board

» So about the ending [SPOILER ALERT]

NiQ1 - Mar 4

11 by Arkaniet »»
Apr 23, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 24 Discussion (END) ( 1 2 )

-Karoshi- - Apr 4, 2015

70 by Junichi_Hashiba »»
Mar 20, 1:30 PM

» why the LN changed volume numbers?

TierraRobada - Feb 29

1 by Roy2Epic »»
Mar 1, 3:34 AM

» "Mushoku Tensei" LN Series by Yuka Fujikawa, Rifujin na Magonote has 14.85 million copies (including Manga, Spin-offs, Digital) in circulation.

deg - Feb 21

15 by _gt_ohn »»
Feb 29, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 11 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 8, 2014

17 by TierraRobada »»
Feb 23, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.