Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 2015 1:04 AM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
Like the author has promised, he has ended the Mushoku Tensei series this year, though I definitely didn't expect it to be this early. This five-chapter volume serves as the epilogue to the events transpired in the previous volume.

I will shed my tears for Rudeus Greyrat, as he will always be remembered in my heart, and the hearts of many others. He fulfilled his goal and lived life to the fullest, but alas great things must come to an end. I'm really sad to see this series conclude, Mushoku Tensei to me was like a euphoric dream, but now the dream has ended and now I'm stuck with these lingering passionate memories.
Apr 4, 2015 11:29 AM

Jan 2014
HOLY FUCKING WHAT?!

MY FUCKING FAVORITE SERIES IS ENDING AT 24 VOLUMES?! FUCK!
NO NO NO NO!

Thank you, Rifujin-sama.
Now then, I'm gonna read this novel to the end.

As they say, all good things come to an end. Mushoky Tensei is another great example of that saying.
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Apr 4, 2015 11:13 PM
Jan 2015
The ending snuck up on me. I was thinking there would be something like 3-7 more volumes or something. BAMN there it is. I'm tingling in anticipation of the translations.
Apr 5, 2015 11:25 AM

Dec 2009
Visualized said:
HOLY FUCKING WHAT?!

MY FUCKING FAVORITE SERIES IS ENDING AT 24 VOLUMES?! FUCK!
NO NO NO NO!

Thank you, Rifujin-sama.
Now then, I'm gonna read this novel to the end.

As they say, all good things come to an end. Mushoky Tensei is another great example of that saying.

The ending is bad-ass and fitting/satisfying for all the effort he's done. Rudi is just the best, but it's sad that his story is over.

If it makes you feel any better, we're still going to get plenty of content from the author like character progression of Rudi's kids and some slice-of-life stuff released as 1-2 chapters per month. As long as Rudi is mentioned in one form or another, I'd be extremely happy. What's crazy to even think about is that in the grand scheme of things, Rudi's 24 volume journey is just a prequel that sets up the events for the big fight since Rudi can't experience it in his lifetime. A new hero will take up the next mantle, but people are already bashing him since he's going to be a generic hero with a harem vibe. It won't be the same, but Rudi's journey was truly epic in its own right.

Mushoku Tensei is one of the most popular web novels in Japan - even considered to be the most popular since it's been at the top for two years straight ever since it was on Narou (popular self-published novel site that includes Overloard and Log Horizon), and the author knows that there is just too much content that still needs to be done which I'm greatly excited for.
Apr 5, 2015 11:29 AM

Apr 2014
Scholek said:
The ending snuck up on me. I was thinking there would be something like 3-7 more volumes or something. BAMN there it is. I'm tingling in anticipation of the translations.

Pretty much.
I-I'm so not satisfied with this!
I'm currently reading the translated chapters in Volume 23 and I can't imagine how they the Author ended it that fast?
So I think its safe to assume Gisu died and that's it?
I was expecting more like Rudeus going to the Mouth of the Red dragon's lair or the Heaven continent,Him officially becoming a Major rank power,etc.
How about development for the other characters?
There could have been so much more with the remaining years in Rudeus life.
This is all so surreal and coming on to me too fast...I don't know what to say and just making up excuses. ;~;

Anyway,I'll guess there will be a Sequel and one of Rudeus child will be the Protagonist?
FUCK I MISS RUDEUS ALREADY AND I HAVEN"T READ THE LAST VOLUME YET.
NeutralSideApr 5, 2015 11:45 AM

Apr 5, 2015 1:55 PM
Jan 2008
I only picked this up at the end of last week, currently on Volume 19 and it saddens me it'll be over soon :(. Does the author have a twitter or something because I would love to follow up on his other works if any.
Apr 8, 2015 10:02 PM

Apr 2014
Do you guys think this is the last we will hear from Rudeus?
Its a first in a story for me to witness an unresolved plotpoint not getting uncovered by the Protagonist.
Who brought Rudeus to the other world? (Or was it already resolved but not yet translated.)
Without a doubt it would be revealed in the Sequel from Nanahoshi or that other guy perspectives.
Feels lackluster with Rudeus being out of the picture and not knowing the whole truth.

Damn,I wonder if they somehow put Resurrect Rudeus in the future or some shit.
Put his soul in another body? maybe. The last chapter called "The after life" is giving me those vibes.
Yeah,I'm in denial that his story is over and the Sequel wouldn't be the same if the Protagonist is one of his children or Nanahoshi,etc.

Apr 11, 2015 8:03 AM
Mar 2012
Oh there is deffo a sequel coming cause the last chapter is called (proloque zero) Which means like the guy said on top these 24 volumes of rudeus adventure was just a prequel story for the main story.
Apr 11, 2015 12:53 PM
Mar 2012
Think the author should have included a extra volume cause a whopping 30/40 year time skip is gonna put some people off. It seems its hinted that rudeus is probably gonna get resurected or just passing on. So for the final fight only sylph and roxy wll be alive with the children and Eris will not make it cause she is also old as rudeus. I hope that if there is a sequel that they wont butcher the main charachters from the prequel.

PS:Funny thing is that the author even said in a interview around 2014 that the rudeus story is a gaiden for a much bigger main story and that rudeus is just a side charachter with alot of background. Forsome reason i still find that annoying that a charachter like rudeus is considered a side charachter by the author while his story is 24 volumes long and went really deep. Rudeus is more of a charachter between main and side.
Warbandit18Apr 11, 2015 2:23 PM
Apr 11, 2015 8:05 PM
Jan 2008
Warbandit18 said:
Think the author should have included a extra volume cause a whopping 30/40 year time skip is gonna put some people off. It seems its hinted that rudeus is probably gonna get resurected or just passing on. So for the final fight only sylph and roxy wll be alive with the children and Eris will not make it cause she is also old as rudeus. I hope that if there is a sequel that they wont butcher the main charachters from the prequel.

PS:Funny thing is that the author even said in a interview around 2014 that the rudeus story is a gaiden for a much bigger main story and that rudeus is just a side charachter with alot of background. Forsome reason i still find that annoying that a charachter like rudeus is considered a side charachter by the author while his story is 24 volumes long and went really deep. Rudeus is more of a charachter between main and side.

wow seriously? Rudeus is considered a side character? Dammmmm. Can't wait for the rest of the chapts to get translated, did the author say anything bout when he'll start this "bigger main story"?
Apr 11, 2015 9:00 PM

Apr 2014
Warbandit18 said:

lolwut
Won't be the same with our references from the previous world!

Apr 22, 2015 8:12 PM
Jul 2013
Could someone spoil the ending for me? Really interested to know what actually happened to Rudeus and the gang.

and the translations aren't out yet. So if someone could enlighten me, I would be really grateful.
Apr 29, 2015 3:02 AM

Jan 2014

That's good to hear. Can't wait for that new story, damn. This was one hell of a prequel. Author's got some big ambitions.

.. I only have three words for this.
What the fuck?
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
May 16, 2015 9:41 AM

Apr 2014
Finally the ending.
Tears were swelling up in the first chapter but then my disposition changed into confusion with the next chapter lol.
Little bit shocked that Aisha married to some random buffoon,I'm expecting Norn to marry Ruijerd..well they did say it was "a bit complex".
Or is that too much complexity?
There was so much thing to talk about like Ariel's....Five concubine...wuuut whhhaay!?

Anyway,I will truly miss Rudeus Greyrat,That was some bad ass farewell to Hitogami right there.

OH AND I SHOULDN"T HAVE FORGOTTEN.
Roxy finding her panties after all these years in Rudeus's pockets haha!
That was golden.

May 16, 2015 9:57 AM

Aug 2014
Damn, that was one hell of a ride. Confirmed official ending to the series. I feel like i've been putting my life into this, watching one person grow over the course of a lifetime. Rudeus had kids that had kids that had kids, Norn and Aisha got married...

It's really sad seeing everything fly by. Over that time I got attached to so many characters and now it's ended with Rudeus leaving a legacy.

By the way, there is no sequel involving a different main character. The author stated that Mushoku Tensei was strictly about the life of Rudeus Greyrat only. There is a possibility that the author could continue in the same setting with a different title but don't expect too much.
Final volume was translated by Kaezar and crew for anyone wanting to read it.

Thanks to the author ;)
TensoonMay 16, 2015 10:01 AM

May 16, 2015 10:28 AM

Apr 2014
justvincexd said:
Damn, that was one hell of a ride. Confirmed official ending to the series. I feel like i've been putting my life into this, watching one person grow over the course of a lifetime. Rudeus had kids that had kids that had kids, Norn and Aisha got married...

It's really sad seeing everything fly by. Over that time I got attached to so many characters and now it's ended with Rudeus leaving a legacy.

By the way, there is no sequel involving a different main character. The author stated that Mushoku Tensei was strictly about the life of Rudeus Greyrat only. There is a possibility that the author could continue in the same setting with a different title but don't expect too much.
Final volume was translated by Kaezar and crew for anyone wanting to read it.

Thanks to the author ;)

Really he has no plans for a sequel?
To be honest,I care little since its not about Rudeus Greyrat anymore but that would be a shame if he intents do leave it like that..an open ending.He might have thrown himself into a loop with the confusing time travel stuff coupled with keeping a close eye on the many many characters Haha.
Had a foreshadowing that it might be like this with one of his notes saying that he might Retire or take a long vacation.

Anyway,Not like a I give a Rat's ass and I just want the Redundancy chapters haha :D
NeutralSideMay 16, 2015 10:33 AM

May 16, 2015 12:52 PM
Jan 2015
I feel completely satisfied with the ending even though some many feel it raised to many questions. Mushoku Tensei was really all about Rudeus. I can't complain that the author should have written more because after the main battles there really wasn't much to say about the rest of Rudeus's life except for a few side stories. The main conflict (the meat and grit of the story) was already addressed in the 24 volumes and we only really needed a conclusion for his fulfilled life. The story of his fulfilled life was given to us through his legacy and I am very satisfied.

What If
If the author were to write anymore concerning his wonderfully crafted world I think the following with be able to create around 10 highly successful volumes. However, it's only a what if.
(1) Chronicles of the Resurrection of Laplace - as the descendants of Rudeus, Orsterd and other hero's of the united nations combat the risen Demon God Laplace.
(2) Follow the life of one of Rudeus's children/grandchild. This would give us more information about Rudeus's conclusion and what came after his legacy indirectly. It also would show us the future of the world.
(3) Miscellaneous Adventures and Side Stories - Multiple short chapters about random people. Cliff, Zenith, Ariel, Perugius, how about an Orsterd POV? (we never did get a closer look at the mind of Orsted. There's plenty of interesting things to be read there. Maybe we could trail one of his rebirth loops from when he was a baby to adulthood while seeing familiar characters again except for Rudeus since he wasn't in those loops), Kishirika, Zanoba, the wacky adventures of worker #1 Rudeus questing around in his RPG world.

(4) (something silly) Re-reincarnation of Rudeus - Turns out that when Rudeus eventually died of old age (like normal humans do) he got reincarnated again or looped his world... This time he decides to do a speedrun of his RPG life since he has all the knowledge and skills needed to be Mr. Instant God-Ranked Magician boy.

He should try to hook up with Sylphy, Roxy, and Eris for a second time, but get cock-blocked by Hitogami. Try and get on Orsted's good side, but get killed by him again... lol. Turn pursena and Rinia into his pets. Generally, he should just troll everything is his life since it's a completely unexpected funny loop.

The Re-Reincarnation has many hilarious and interesting fan fiction possibilities.
May 16, 2015 1:53 PM
Jan 2008
One of the best story I've read in my life. I'm pretty satisfied with the ending, but woulda liked to hear more about the situations with Aisha Norn and Ghyslaine. Sad that its over, this was the story that got me hooked onto light novels/web novels.
May 17, 2015 2:49 AM

Sep 2012
That was one hell of an explanation for Rudeus' reincarnation. Damn Miko with her insane powers. I found Akito's summoning to be kinda funny. Gets summoned to a fantasy world to fight the demon lord. Sounds like a generic premise for some generic light novel, but what do ya know... he doesn't power up and dies.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
May 17, 2015 5:17 AM

May 2012
I haven't felt 'PADS' this badly in over 2 years since TTGL.

I do think there were some corners cut for explanations, especially about the Miko and the biography(although this was probably just for fun and recap). I wasn't really satisfied for the reason why he reincarnated, mostly because of the lack of foreshadowing.

Still, Mushoku Tensei was an amazing ride and I'm glad to have read it. I hope the author continues to write about the world or create another story because he clearly knows what he's doing.
May 17, 2015 11:10 PM

Aug 2014
eris::(
rudy :(

I would like the new main character to be someone from rudeus' and eris' bloodline, male ofc, not that akito guy
May 18, 2015 11:51 PM

Apr 2012
That was a great ride, I'm quite satisfied but more Mushoku Tensei is never a bad thing. Cheers
May 19, 2015 4:17 AM

Jul 2013
now i kinda feel empty... and sad...

what should i do now o_o
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jun 2, 2015 11:40 PM
Mar 2015
Mushoku Tensei will not have a sequel ever ever in the future or even in the parallel world or even in rudeus's world ... tbh this story will still move on but the author will release a new WN with a new name so just start searching for the novel on Naoru or Syosetsu atleast 1 or 2 years later ... by author's name. He stated that MT is about Rudeus life and that He would continue on to complete the main plotline
Jun 3, 2015 12:18 AM
Mar 2012
ShInIgAmIRipper said:
Mushoku Tensei will not have a sequel ever ever in the future or even in the parallel world or even in rudeus's world ... tbh this story will still move on but the author will release a new WN with a new name so just start searching for the novel on Naoru or Syosetsu atleast 1 or 2 years later ... by author's name. He stated that MT is about Rudeus life and that He would continue on to complete the main plotline
What are you even talking about? The series already has a sequel being written, albeit it is a side story sequel: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n4251cr/

As for the direct sequel continuing the plot of the main story, the author stated he will write one and teased Mushoku Tensei was just the start of the endgame.
Jun 5, 2015 2:50 PM

Sep 2013
What if the end of Rudeus Greyrat's story is just his name? He could get reincarnated with another name or a new mc be born with his "mana" when he disappeared from the White Space.

Hitogami said it, that when someone dies, his mana go to a newborn but Rudeus could be different, a baby with his characteristics and power could be born without memories, just a legacy, he isn't Rudeus and he will never going to get memories of his pastlife.

Sorry for my bad english.
GelatinaJun 6, 2015 9:09 AM
Jul 1, 2015 4:02 AM

Aug 2012
And finally, Roxy's panties have been found. Thank goodness.
Jul 2, 2015 7:39 AM

Apr 2014
Gelatina said:
What if the end of Rudeus Greyrat's story is just his name? He could get reincarnated with another name or a new mc be born with his "mana" when he disappeared from the White Space.

Hitogami said it, that when someone dies, his mana go to a newborn but Rudeus could be different, a baby with his characteristics and power could be born without memories, just a legacy, he isn't Rudeus and he will never going to get memories of his pastlife.

Sorry for my bad english.

Honestly I want him to get reincarnated again.
That should have been the part where he got reborn,When Magic has developed a lot more due to his Theory and Stronger Magicians are all over the place and whatnot.
But then again that's all thanks to Rudeus so it wouldn't have happened without his Theory on enlarging Magic factor at an early age and Voiceless incantations can only be learned at a young age as well..
Just a real shame Rudeus is the only OP Magician in his time so it was mostly Mage vs Swordsman and I can't imagine someone replacing Rudeus and his antics,References from the old world lol.

Jul 27, 2015 7:35 AM
Apr 2014
Why can't this go on forever? damn...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jul 31, 2015 6:35 AM

Jan 2013
LastChapter said:
ShInIgAmIRipper said:
What are you even talking about? The series already has a sequel being written, albeit it is a side story sequel: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n4251cr/

As for the direct sequel continuing the plot of the main story, the author stated he will write one and teased Mushoku Tensei was just the start of the endgame.

"This brings to an end the story of Rudeus Greyrat, a former unemployed NEET.
Although we were shown the future of Hitogami’s defeat, the future may change so the fight between Hitogami and various people will still continue.
However, the story of Mushoku Tensei itself tells the tale of Rudeus Greyrat only, so please let me have the privilege of ending the story now."

I think he stated that Mushoku Tensei is over, he's going to write some side stories and that'll be it. I think that's fine, I can't think of a character that could replace Rudi. Hitogami is defeated in his visions, we get the backstory on how everything went back down and he dies in peace with no regrets. It's a great ending, if anything a sequel would degrade this series value in my eyes.
Aug 3, 2015 8:47 AM

Apr 2014
So anyone has any idea on what Orstred looks like?
Is it that white haired dude in Kaezertranslation's site?
NeutralSideAug 4, 2015 3:09 AM

Aug 3, 2015 11:39 AM
Mar 2012
NeutralSide said:
So anyone has any idea on what Orstred looks like?
Is it that white haired dude in Kaezertranslation's site?

Yes. Also, be sure to delete the translation link.
Sep 17, 2015 6:35 PM
Oct 2014
Well... It was a good ride.. *fight's back tears*
Nov 29, 2015 3:25 PM

Jun 2013
This was an awesome series... It was longer than anything I've read in terms of story covered and how long it felt, and it was like reading and witnessing someone's life.

It is kind of sad that they never sorted out Nanahoshi returning, the aftermath of Rudi's death in his original world or anything else from the original world. It would have been nicer if the story continued more after the final battle and before the time skip. Though this just shows how hooking the story is.
Nov 29, 2015 10:56 PM
Oct 2011
^Make sure to read the redundancy chapters they should satisfy you a little bit after that amazing ride.
Dec 3, 2015 10:03 AM
Mar 2015
When I was looking at him, one woman stood up from their group.
That child, who was sitting among them as if hiding herself, should be called a girl rather than a woman.
A girl with blue hair.
Near her, a gigantic white wolf was waiting.

Ah, I felt like I’d seen her somewhere before.
She looked like Roxy.
But she wasn’t Roxy.
I am certain that she’s from the Migurd Race, but I could never mistake someone for Roxy.
Then, just who is she?
Don’t tell me......Lara?

As I pondered, she faced towards me and waved her hand.
No, it couldn’t be me.
She’s probably waving her hand to Hitogami who was behind me.

When she did, the man beside her started talking with her.
Perhaps he was asking what she was doing.
She answered something to him and then that man turned this way with a surprised face.
He also had an Oriental face.
People with faces like that were few in this world.
Perhaps he’s Japanese?
He might be in his 20s....doesn’t feel like he’s in his 30s.

He faced this way and quickly bowed.
His actions seemed Japanese, so he’s Japanese after all.
Possibly.

In doing so, all of them now faced this way.
There were both young and old people.
I thought that there were only 8 people at first, but it seemed that there was a whole crowd of them. Under the mist, it was hard to see.
The only familiar face was Orsted but......
Ah, I wonder if that person is Eris.
A warrior with braided red hair was looking this way.
But she was a little different from Eris.....

Each of them faced this way and bowed in gratitude.
I wonder if it’s towards Hitogami.
No, it’s a little different considering their manners.
I wonder what.

Its interesting that Rudeus's Soul or Spiritual body can actually be seen be Lara.
Even though his Soul presumably returned back to the Mana itself when he died.(Maybe something happened after all? Reincarnation :3 nah.)
Its quite nice thinking that Lara,Orstred and his descendants had a final bow of gratitude towards him.
Feels~

I didn't notice this part when I first read it and only noticed on my second read.
The details you overlooked...
Dec 9, 2015 4:08 PM
Jan 2012
finished it, what a ride. I will always keep this story in my heart. Too much feels at the moment to really write everything down. I loved the story, I loved the characters, I had tears in my eyes at the end but even then I still loved it.

It really was a proper story from the very beginning till the very end of Rudeus Greyrat
Dec 26, 2015 5:35 AM

Dec 2009
My heart aches, this is the epitome of bittersweet.

A masterpiece. I know I've incorporated some cynicism towards LN's over the years, but Mushoku Tensei was still able to move me so much.

Isn't that what a person truly wants? Just being able to live life in full satisfaction?

Anyway for all the hateful bile Japanese media tropes have gotten, this story does show even something that is so-called "wish-fulfilment" harem can still deliver a masterpiece.
Jan 2, 2016 7:19 AM

Jul 2013
just end reading the entire and i feel really empty now

an also the biography somehow really funny (and the thing in Rudi's pocket whe he die really make me laugh) LOL

..... and also it is really sad because the Rudi that we witness the development from the really pervert child to really pervert old man (even when he die) LOL, i somehow want to see what the expression of Roxy when he found out the goddes artifact

and i am also agree that there is no other character that can replace Rudi, with his golden perspective (sometimes really serious, really childish, and pervert)

Thanks for the Ride, Rudeus Greyrat and Rifujin
Jan 2, 2016 7:56 PM

Apr 2013
afirdaus07 said:
just end reading the entire and i feel really empty now

an also the biography somehow really funny (and the thing in Rudi's pocket whe he die really make me laugh) LOL

..... and also it is really sad because the Rudi that we witness the development from the really pervert child to really pervert old man (even when he die) LOL, i somehow want to see what the expression of Roxy when he found out the goddes artifact

and i am also agree that there is no other character that can replace Rudi, with his golden perspective (sometimes really serious, really childish, and pervert)

Thanks for the Ride, Rudeus Greyrat and Rifujin

Make sure you read the Redundancy Chapters.

The story is nowhere near finished.

http://thelordofpie.blogspot.com/
Jan 11, 2016 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
I kinda feel like I shouldn't have read the final chapter. It would be better if I left this series with the impression that they would continue to live on like that rather than a proper ending where he pay farewell to this world.

It is heart broken that the human is short lived and Roxy and Sylphy still live on just to see their family pass away :(.

Also, I still feel a bit incomplete since there are so many things they still need to cover. Like I don't really know what happen to Nanahoshi at the end and the Heaven continent is left to be discovered, that Aki guy, etc.

Nevertheless, it was a great read, I seriously hope that they would consider making an anime out of this, should be awesome!
Jan 11, 2016 10:51 PM
Nov 2015
Maelis said:
I kinda feel like I shouldn't have read the final chapter. It would be better if I left this series with the impression that they would continue to live on like that rather than a proper ending where he pay farewell to this world.

It is heart broken that the human is short lived and Roxy and Sylphy still live on just to see their family pass away :(.

Also, I still feel a bit incomplete since there are so many things they still need to cover. Like I don't really know what happen to Nanahoshi at the end and the Heaven continent is left to be discovered, that Aki guy, etc.

Nevertheless, it was a great read, I seriously hope that they would consider making an anime out of this, should be awesome!

Neet Reincarnate is just a prequel for the main story, so there is still a lot to look forward too from the author in the future. (hopefully this year)

I have a friend similar to you, he wouldn`t finish the story because he didn`t want to read an ending where Rudeus dies. Damn chpt titles.
Feb 5, 2016 4:51 AM

Dec 2014
Finally finished this. :)

I was hoping the 4-way "battle" of Rudeus, Sylph, Roxy & Eris was described. XD
Oh well.
Apr 13, 2016 9:01 AM

May 2015
it will be good if rudeus get reincarnated/summoned again..
"If you don’t like a rule… Just follow it… Reach the top… And change the rule." -adolf hitler
May 11, 2016 11:44 PM

Nov 2011
So in the end of that battle and volume, Rudeus became the Seventh Rank of the Seven Great World Powers. I had a feeling the story would conclude something like that ever since the idea was introduced in the second volume. Decent battle against but predictable outcome.

I thought the series was alright overall, wasn't extraordinary though but the MC became more and more tolerable for me after his very bad impressions at first. Eris is also best girl imo and I usually can't stand girls like that. However, the chemistry she shared with Rudeus throughout the series was fun to see.
May 13, 2016 2:57 PM

Jan 2013
Finished this the other day. It was amazing, one of the best reads I've ever had.

I have to admit I teared up a lot reading the last volume. I loved Rudeus since the very beginning (since he acted like a normal human being of his mental age and position would do, even if a bit pervy) but he developed a lot during the series and I loved him even more. Yes, he's still a pervert, but a pervert that cares about his family and his friends.

Having to bid farewell to Rudeus and the gang is really something sad...but as the author said the story of Rudeus Greyrat ends here (or maybe not? He didn't turn into mana, maybe he will come back some way or another) but the story of Mushoku Tensei keeps going on! Man that last chapter (Prologue Zero) was really something.

I'm excited for the sequel and what's to come. Like, a lot. Now I'm reading the side stories and it's as great as ever.

All in all it was an extremely good read (I love fantasy as a genre and I've read a lot of western fantasy) and MT is now proudly one of my favorite works. I'm glad I started this.

Eris best girl, by the way. I ended up really liking Orsted, his line saying "For once I, too, want to fight believing in and trusting my comrades" portrayed that he got character development as well, even if it was a bit off-screen. It's the first loop in which he's able to have as many comrades and friends, after all.
この世界の秘密が知ってる?
Do you know the secret of this world?
リトルバスターズは不滅だ。
"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"-Magus
"What are two halves? One Fren Da"
May 17, 2016 12:41 AM

Apr 2013
apau said:
Finished this the other day. It was amazing, one of the best reads I've ever had.

I have to admit I teared up a lot reading the last volume. I loved Rudeus since the very beginning (since he acted like a normal human being of his mental age and position would do, even if a bit pervy) but he developed a lot during the series and I loved him even more. Yes, he's still a pervert, but a pervert that cares about his family and his friends.

Having to bid farewell to Rudeus and the gang is really something sad...but as the author said the story of Rudeus Greyrat ends here (or maybe not? He didn't turn into mana, maybe he will come back some way or another) but the story of Mushoku Tensei keeps going on! Man that last chapter (Prologue Zero) was really something.

I'm excited for the sequel and what's to come. Like, a lot. Now I'm reading the side stories and it's as great as ever.

All in all it was an extremely good read (I love fantasy as a genre and I've read a lot of western fantasy) and MT is now proudly one of my favorite works. I'm glad I started this.

Eris best girl, by the way. I ended up really liking Orsted, his line saying "For once I, too, want to fight believing in and trusting my comrades" portrayed that he got character development as well, even if it was a bit off-screen. It's the first loop in which he's able to have as many comrades and friends, after all.

Story didn't end because Redundancy Chapters are still going (continuation after the final battle, Rudy's kids and how he prepares for the future "war").

Translations are here: http://thelordofpie.blogspot.com/

^ Some of the best writing that Rifujin has done comes from the Redundancy Chapters.
May 17, 2016 9:38 AM

Jan 2013
hoopla123 said:

Story didn't end because Redundancy Chapters are still going (continuation after the final battle, Rudy's kids and how he prepares for the future "war").

^ Some of the best writing that Rifujin has done comes from the Redundancy Chapters.

I'm already reading the Redundancy chapter but thanks! I just finished reading the let's make an automaton chapter and it was really fun. It even had its emotional parts (Orsted chapter).

Even so I don't think it's "some of the best writing". I mean, it's side stories and while they are pretty good that's all, it's nowhere as good as volume 23, volume 15, volume 17 and 18 or volume 21 were IMHO

When I say that the story of Rudeus Greyrat ended I meant that we got closure. We saw all his life from the moment he was born until he died of old age. Redundancy chapter just shows a little bit portion of his life but we've already got Rudeus's ending.
この世界の秘密が知ってる?
Do you know the secret of this world?
リトルバスターズは不滅だ。
"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"-Magus
"What are two halves? One Fren Da"
May 17, 2016 5:10 PM

Apr 2013
apau said:
hoopla123 said:

I'm already reading the Redundancy chapter but thanks! I just finished reading the let's make an automaton chapter and it was really fun. It even had its emotional parts (Orsted chapter).

Even so I don't think it's "some of the best writing". I mean, it's side stories and while they are pretty good that's all, it's nowhere as good as volume 23, volume 15, volume 17 and 18 or volume 21 were IMHO

When I say that the story of Rudeus Greyrat ended I meant that we got closure. We saw all his life from the moment he was born until he died of old age. Redundancy chapter just shows a little bit portion of his life but we've already got Rudeus's ending.

That's because the best bits haven't been translated yet.

The Jino and Aisha arc were great reads. Especially Rudeus in the Aisha arc was the best.
May 18, 2016 6:39 AM

Mar 2016
I'm not sure if I've ever read anything as consistently fun as this .Even my favorite anime have some boring parts that I want to get over with a times . Always entertaining .Right until the end .
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» So about the ending [SPOILER ALERT]

NiQ1 - Mar 4

10 by Azuchi »»
Mar 21, 9:41 AM

» why the LN changed volume numbers?

TierraRobada - Feb 29

1 by Roy2Epic »»
Mar 1, 3:34 AM

» "Mushoku Tensei" LN Series by Yuka Fujikawa, Rifujin na Magonote has 14.85 million copies (including Manga, Spin-offs, Digital) in circulation.

deg - Feb 21

15 by _gt_ohn »»
Feb 29, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 11 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 8, 2014

17 by TierraRobada »»
Feb 23, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Chapter 3 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 5, 2014

4 by hisokabutsad »»
Jan 13, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.