Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 22, 2019 2:17 AM
Jun 2019
When I read the comments here I always find it interesting how everyone sides with Shana.

I can kind of understand Yuji, even if he knew Shana loved him, there's still a reason to chase after a girl that obviously is in a shocked state and needs comforting.

I mean if I had a girlfriend and we encountered a girl that obviously needs our help and my girlfriend told me "Leave her, she has nothing to do with us", I'd still help that girl and ask my girlfriend "What the hell is wrong with you?".

Of course in the situation in the anime the objectively best choice is to help Shana fight, as not just the life of Yoshida that is at stake here. Though Yuji did not actually ever see how weak Shana is when she is depressed and away from him, so I'm not sure if he even recognizes that Shana really needs him. I think from his perspective Shana is a strong-willed person who can easily be without him, while he sees Yoshida as a weak girl that needs his help.

In contrast we see Shana who is then faced with the task to get Yoshida. While Yuji decided for what he feels is the best thing to do, Shana ignores her feelings and does the objectively best thing instead.

So even though Yuji and Shana changed quite a bit after meeting, there root personality still comes through in critical moments.
Sep 5, 2020 12:00 PM

Jun 2017
A lot happened in this episode. So many plot threads came together. So now everyone knows about everyone else. That was great.
Yuji chasing after Kazumi was understandable. Shana only thinks about Yuji and herself because other people live in a world oblivious to Tomogara. So she doesn't consider them to be a part of her circle. But Yuji is different. He was once human and now fights alongside Shana. He considers both worlds important. That's why he chose to run after Yoshida. All his friends are important to him.
Shana doesn't understand this and naturally she gets upset.
Chrome_FalconSep 5, 2020 12:07 PM
Mar 24, 2021 1:22 PM
Mar 2016
The cutest, most emotional episode so far!! 14:00 - 16:50 made this my favorite episode. Shana up in here like "leave her alone she doesn't matter to us" and then Yuuji responding with "I never expected you to say those things. Well she does matter to me". Had me like OH SHIT, this episode also allows you to get a better grasp of what the characters are like. We now see Yuuji question how much he still wants to help Shana and live a supernatural life? Or does he want to live a regular life, the way regular highschoolers do? Would he be happier that way? We also see that Shana is beginning to develop into a more likable character. From the start, she's very cold-hearted and we now see those rough edges of her's start to soften. A very good episode.
Feb 8, 2022 6:07 PM

Nov 2010
Interesting development between Margery and her "henchmen". I can sympathize. I'd be attached to a pretty flame haze too. hehe

Damn, I never thought that sword was that heavy.

Shana looks super cute!

All this time I thought that new flame haze was an enemy. I didn't expect that.

I see, no wonder Yuuji is still giving Kazumi some chance. He thinks Shana has no feelings for him, and their relationship is just business. Just tell him your feelings already!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 5 Discussion

stephy_ccs - Jul 2, 2008

27 by Dywei »»
Jan 31, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 4 Discussion

Chilli-Kun - Mar 10, 2008

44 by Dywei »»
Jan 23, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 16 Discussion

theeggman85 - Oct 7, 2008

37 by BaronLukis »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - May 9, 2008

58 by BaronLukis »»
Oct 20, 2023 10:05 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 8 Discussion

theeggman85 - Oct 5, 2008

39 by GoddessOfSake »»
Sep 23, 2023 7:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.