Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 4, 2021 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
@Zefyris crazy how much you are renting in this thread lmao. It's normal that the people who liked the anime don't like this series after yatoris death since they obviously fell in love with her as a character and person. This is not the only series that has this effect. In all honesty it wasn't even a good death, it just changed the story which could've been achieved with other elements as well. And yeah losing her has negative reactions not only from the west but also reviews i see on jp amazon, 5ch and futaba etc. I respect Bokuto as a writer and he definitely knew this wouldn't sit easy with his readers but it's his way of story and not the readers. I'm a big fan of his new series and it's already written better from the get go so let's see what he's gonna do here, more tame and fame or go the harsher route.
May 5, 2021 4:22 AM

Apr 2013
Nanatsumaken said:
@Zefyris crazy how much you are renting in this thread lmao. It's normal that the people who liked the anime don't like this series after yatoris death since they obviously fell in love with her as a character and person. This is not the only series that has this effect. In all honesty it wasn't even a good death, it just changed the story which could've been achieved with other elements as well. And yeah losing her has negative reactions not only from the west but also reviews i see on jp amazon, 5ch and futaba etc. I respect Bokuto as a writer and he definitely knew this wouldn't sit easy with his readers but it's his way of story and not the readers. I'm a big fan of his new series and it's already written better from the get go so let's see what he's gonna do here, more tame and fame or go the harsher route.

imo the new series has yet to reach to level of Alderamin. And i'm ranting about it because of peoples judging from spoilers only. The sales/volumes themselves show that peoples didn't drop the series in the later half. You'll always have some peoples ranting, but the silent majority can be seen from the remaining numbers.
Also dismissing a series or calling name an author just because a character they liked died during it is very childish, irrational and very unfair for the work, especially when the setting put them in danger of dying from the very start (being soldiers at war).
Oct 23, 2021 1:42 AM
Mar 2010
Thanks for the concise and clear spoiler. I actually think it was a fine ending, regardless of the peculiar turn of events where most of us naturally expect the usual "boy lives with girl happily ever after" thing. The part about them killing each other was brutally poignant imo. Such writing takes one hell of a nerve. Imagine the author writing it knowing full well that it will turn off the fanbase and yet proceeded without remorse for it. Badass move tbh.
Dec 2, 2021 11:05 AM
Feb 2020
Zefyris said:

- Chamille didn't kill Yatori.
- Chamille is the most selfless character in this series, not the most selfish -_-.

from what i can get no Chamille does not kill Yatori, the author does so he can give Chamille Yatoris position in the story.

killing charectors because that is how the story would flow sure fair game nothing wrong with that, killing charectors just for killing charectors or for giving the postion they have to others, that is bad and is how it comes acrose to me, now you can agree or not that is how it is for me.

Now calling Chamille the most selflesh charector, just no unless your meaning of selfless compared to mine is miles a apart, she losses the right to be called selfless when she drags someone into a war they dont want to be in, if she was selfless she would have fought for ikta to not be made a soldier after saving her life but getting him a different reward, now given ikta is made an imperial knight and on top of that she ask him to go against what he wishes for, no matter how you look at it she is in no way selfless as she would not ask what she does of ikta if she was.
Dec 3, 2021 1:29 PM

Apr 2013
CGKors said:
Zefyris said:

- Chamille didn't kill Yatori.
- Chamille is the most selfless character in this series, not the most selfish -_-.

from what i can get no Chamille does not kill Yatori, the author does so he can give Chamille Yatoris position in the story.

killing charectors because that is how the story would flow sure fair game nothing wrong with that, killing charectors just for killing charectors or for giving the postion they have to others, that is bad and is how it comes acrose to me, now you can agree or not that is how it is for me.

Now calling Chamille the most selflesh charector, just no unless your meaning of selfless compared to mine is miles a apart, she losses the right to be called selfless when she drags someone into a war they dont want to be in, if she was selfless she would have fought for ikta to not be made a soldier after saving her life but getting him a different reward, now given ikta is made an imperial knight and on top of that she ask him to go against what he wishes for, no matter how you look at it she is in no way selfless as she would not ask what she does of ikta if she was.

Mate only the anime has Yatori as more important in screen time than Chamille. And to do that they had to pull some crap like inserting a volume 7 chapter about Yatori in between volume 1 and 2's adaptation and remove some of Chamille scenes or downside them.

no one has to kill Yatori to give Chamille her spot anyway.
Chamille has always got more "screen time " than Yatori in the novels, and Yatori has never, ever been in a position similar to Yatori for the protagonist either. The anime fanbase has been shipping Yatori and Icta together, but there is NOTHING in the story suggesting that what the two had was romantic. Meanwhile, Chamille started developing romantic interest for Icta pretty quickly. In reverse Yatori is icta's soumate in a way that Chamille can never be, and never became.
They've never ever been in a competition for a same spot from start to finish.

And no, you've got no idea of what you're talking about if you call Chamille anything else than very selfless. She's literally sacrificing her whole life, any source of pleasure, fun, everything she desires, and her own future for the sake of her country, atoning of her family's sins, providing a brighter future for others.

Peoples doing in real life 1/10th of what she does in the novel are called selfless. So yes, she's extremely selfless and no, don't even think of judging her on anime alone on that point either.
ZefyrisDec 3, 2021 1:32 PM
Dec 3, 2021 3:29 PM
Feb 2020
Zefyris said:
CGKors said:

Mate only the anime has Yatori as more important in screen time than Chamille. And to do that they had to pull some crap like inserting a volume 7 chapter about Yatori in between volume 1 and 2's adaptation and remove some of Chamille scenes or downside them.

Chamille has always got more "screen time " than Yatori in the novels, and Yatori has never, ever been in a position similar to Yatori for the protagonist either. The anime fanbase has been shipping Yatori and Icta together, but there is NOTHING in the story suggesting that what the two had was romantic. Meanwhile, Chamille started developing romantic interest for Icta pretty quickly. In reverse Yatori is icta's soumate in a way that Chamille can never be, and never became.

And no, you've got no idea of what you're talking about if you call Chamille anything else than very selfless. She's literally sacrificing her whole life, any source of pleasure, fun, everything she desires, and her own future for the sake of her country, atoning of her family's sins, providing a brighter future for others.

Peoples doing in real life 1/10th of what she does in the novel are called selfless. So yes, she's extremely selfless and no, don't even think of judging her on anime alone on that point either.

It is not about screen time the fitting is and what does romance have anything to do with it? I don't ship them they look more like siblings then anything, the spot they are competing about is the spot for the reader.

I don't care how much she sacrificed her own life and all, she forces people to give up their happiness for her ideals and when she does that all she sacrificed herself lose all value, same with Hitler all the great things he did for Germany kinda have lost all meaning when we also include WW2 but there is a reason he got nominated to some pretty fine rewards in the start of his rule.
So if she was selfless she would have taken the hardship of not using Itka but she did not.
A selfless person would shoulder all the hardship alone or with people asking to share her burden so it doesn't matter how much she sacrificed as she demands others to make the same sacrificeses and the second that choice is made and acted on she losses all right to be called selfless as she now selfishly pulls others to share her burden and that act alone is the same as Hitler's kz camps.
Dec 5, 2021 10:01 AM

Apr 2013
CGKors said:
Zefyris said:

It is not about screen time the fitting is and what does romance have anything to do with it? I don't ship them they look more like siblings then anything, the spot they are competing about is the spot for the reader.

I don't care how much she sacrificed her own life and all, she forces people to give up their happiness for her ideals and when she does that all she sacrificed herself lose all value, same with Hitler all the great things he did for Germany kinda have lost all meaning when we also include WW2 but there is a reason he got nominated to some pretty fine rewards in the start of his rule.
So if she was selfless she would have taken the hardship of not using Itka but she did not.
A selfless person would shoulder all the hardship alone or with people asking to share her burden so it doesn't matter how much she sacrificed as she demands others to make the same sacrificeses and the second that choice is made and acted on she losses all right to be called selfless as she now selfishly pulls others to share her burden and that act alone is the same as Hitler's kz camps.

Not sure what "spot for the reader" is supposed to mean in your case, or what "spot for the reader" was Yatori supposed to occupy and then was filled by Chamille.
Not sure if you understand the situation here: if anything, it's CHAMILLE that got her "spot for the reader" stolen by Yatori in the anime version only.
All I see is that you liked Yatori and not Chamille, so you're upset that yatori is dead, ok, but you're taking it on Chamille, who is literally for nothing in this. And yes, asking help not to save yourself but to save others because you know you're not in position to save the others alone doesn't contradict the notion of selflessness.
Or what, saying "oh well, I'd like to save them all but I can't do it alone, so too bad I'll let the situation go worse and just read a book in a corner" would have been more selfless ? Selfless doesn't mean mary sue.
Jan 30, 2022 12:47 PM
Feb 2020
Zefyris said:
CGKors said:

Not sure what "spot for the reader" is supposed to mean in your case, or what "spot for the reader" was Yatori supposed to occupy and then was filled by Chamille.
Not sure if you understand the situation here: if anything, it's CHAMILLE that got her "spot for the reader" stolen by Yatori in the anime version only.
All I see is that you liked Yatori and not Chamille, so you're upset that yatori is dead, ok, but you're taking it on Chamille, who is literally for nothing in this. And yes, asking help not to save yourself but to save others because you know you're not in position to save the others alone doesn't contradict the notion of selflessness.
Or what, saying "oh well, I'd like to save them all but I can't do it alone, so too bad I'll let the situation go worse and just read a book in a corner" would have been more selfless ? Selfless doesn't mean mary sue.

the problem is not asking for help the problem is FORCING him on the path so he has to help that is what makes it so she is not selfless, if she had just asked and nothing more then sure it would have been a selfless act but FORCING him onto the path that makes it so he has to help her is what makes it selfish

selfless means that you sacrifish yourself for others and the seconed you sacrifase someone that dont want to follow the same path as you then your selflesness is gone and now you are selfish, so she should have looked for people she could trust and was willing to help from the start without being forced into a path they did not want to be on.
Jan 30, 2022 2:19 PM

Apr 2013
CGKors said:
Zefyris said:

the problem is not asking for help the problem is FORCING him on the path so he has to help that is what makes it so she is not selfless, if she had just asked and nothing more then sure it would have been a selfless act but FORCING him onto the path that makes it so he has to help her is what makes it selfish

selfless means that you sacrifish yourself for others and the seconed you sacrifase someone that dont want to follow the same path as you then your selflesness is gone and now you are selfish, so she should have looked for people she could trust and was willing to help from the start without being forced into a path they did not want to be on.

If you had read the novels you would have known that she never, at any point, forced anything of the sort on him. The decision of making them soldiers wasn't hers. His rising in rank was not controlled by her. And his final decisions, if anything, went the exact contrary of what she was planning to do.
Jan 30, 2022 3:45 PM
Feb 2020
Zefyris said:

If you had read the novels you would have known that she never, at any point, forced anything of the sort on him. The decision of making them soldiers wasn't hers. His rising in rank was not controlled by her. And his final decisions, if anything, went the exact contrary of what she was planning to do.

so she did not say that she made use of them because they lost the east(even if that was planed), to be the light in a dark time.
she did not say that she supported making them knights when the topic came up, even if that honor never had been cast on a none soldier before.
there really is to many things there to even begin call her selfless.
sorry cant call her other then selfish.
and yes i have read some of the novel but the story just does not fit my taste there are way better military stories out there covering strategy and tactics, even if i did like how the strategy and tactics where made but the way the characters acts just grinds me wrong.
Jan 31, 2022 12:34 AM

Apr 2013
CGKors said:
Zefyris said:

so she did not say that she made use of them because they lost the east(even if that was planed), to be the light in a dark time.
she did not say that she supported making them knights when the topic came up, even if that honor never had been cast on a none soldier before.
there really is to many things there to even begin call her selfless.
sorry cant call her other then selfish.
and yes i have read some of the novel but the story just does not fit my taste there are way better military stories out there covering strategy and tactics, even if i did like how the strategy and tactics where made but the way the characters acts just grinds me wrong.

She's 14th in succession line. She doesn't have the power to decide or even really influence such decision of using them as "heroes" and making them soldiers. She supported that decision, as in she was in agreement with it, but she isn't the one that decided.
There is no selfishness here.
Feb 15, 2022 3:53 AM
Sep 2021
LastLuminescence said:
The novel went to hell when the author to make Chamille the protagonist killed Yatori.
If you red "The prince" by Maquiavelo you can note that the egocentric princess is no more than a selfish brat.

The hell with both of the protagonists death.
Even if it were cliche, I think most of us expected an end where the empire won and Ikta will retire to live peacefully somewhere.
Not that they forced us to accept a capricious princess with no idea of the real world.

I loved the anime because Ikta is one of the few strategists of this medium in which his strategies made sense and did not happen because the author wanted it, a pity for the heartbreaking end of this series.
I can read Japanese and I expected to read the novel, but now I see that it would be a waste of time.

I am not so sure for someone who lead the defeat of a country in a war can live peacefully after war. Talk about real life, A leader who can't handle the war must be executed. So if Empire lose that means Ikta must end being executed, unless he manage to escape and live as fugitive for his whole life. I was expecting Chamille herself would sentence Ikta a death penalty. But seems that death is a redemption for our lazy general.
Feb 15, 2022 8:58 AM

Apr 2013
Chabakura said:
LastLuminescence said:
The novel went to hell when the author to make Chamille the protagonist killed Yatori.
If you red "The prince" by Maquiavelo you can note that the egocentric princess is no more than a selfish brat.

The hell with both of the protagonists death.
Even if it were cliche, I think most of us expected an end where the empire won and Ikta will retire to live peacefully somewhere.
Not that they forced us to accept a capricious princess with no idea of the real world.

I loved the anime because Ikta is one of the few strategists of this medium in which his strategies made sense and did not happen because the author wanted it, a pity for the heartbreaking end of this series.
I can read Japanese and I expected to read the novel, but now I see that it would be a waste of time.

I am not so sure for someone who lead the defeat of a country in a war can live peacefully after war. Talk about real life, A leader who can't handle the war must be executed. So if Empire lose that means Ikta must end being executed, unless he manage to escape and live as fugitive for his whole life. I was expecting Chamille herself would sentence Ikta a death penalty. But seems that death is a redemption for our lazy general.

Chamille actually intended to make herself the visible cause of defeat, so that she would be executed and Icta would be, as a respected general, the one leading the country towards a republic. Icta knew what she was planning and crossed her on the finish line, and then played the bad guys during trials and such just to make sure everyone would hate him and think he was the cause for everything bad that happened.
May 26, 2023 9:33 PM
Feb 2021
Zefyris said:
uh part of the spoilers above are totally wrong.

Despite what Yatori fans would like you to believe, here was not a lot of drop from "fans" as the sales didn't especially go down in the later volumes. Although the very last volumes didn't please everyone (I personally thought it was a satisfying and logical end to it).

NLDDHades said:

What happened with haroma, matthew and torway????

They're alive and well.
Mathew is married to Polmi and has 4 children by the time he's 30-ish years old. he lives in a big estate near the coast. He's a serious candidate for being the next Marshal in the republic. By the time of the series, he had reached Ikta's level in the chess-like game they were playing and was an incredibly talented general.
The other two are still single.
Torway is a general as well and still pushing forward the research on guns and snipping. He got a crazy reputation in that field.
Haroma is a bit lower than general but I don't remember her exact rank, it's still pretty high IIRC. She's extremely active in revolutionizing the field medic's methods, ethics and tools.

thanks for the clarification, I read all the way to the end and absolutely loved the world building, though I still mourn yatori(the sequence where she kills her emotions, I legitimately cried)
May 1, 9:47 AM
Jul 2023
Well i just wanted to know does yatori love ikta and got spoiled asf and im here but what happened? Is he alive or not someone said hes alive idk anymore
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Spoiler Volume 6-14

Syureria - Oct 3, 2019

8 by rihei1134 »»
Aug 4, 2022 12:54 AM

» why this didnt got any official translations??

NaughtySempai - Dec 18, 2021

7 by Playcool »»
Feb 28, 2022 7:30 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Volume 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2014

7 by Stefanbishopton »»
Dec 14, 2021 7:01 PM

» Spoilers and Summary

HanafiBouchebout - Jun 29, 2016

7 by Blacksanguine »»
Oct 24, 2016 10:00 AM

» How many volumes does the anime cover?

Mavsynchroid - Oct 1, 2016

7 by keragamming »»
Oct 15, 2016 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.