Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 1, 2018 4:32 PM

Jan 2017
hey yall. this is a dilemna i have been having. i have been trying to figure it out.

we of course live in a society where we need each other. but when does it come to the point where other people hinder an individual from doing what he/she wants to do?

people do get annoyed when you aren’t of use to them. maybe this is what i fear? of upsetting people, that is.

i mean, i should be responsible for the outcome regardless of if i do please them or not right?
pleasing will hurt me internally.
not pleasing will rock the boat, and end up hurting people.
at this point it is a matter of value. do i value myself or other people?
when i value other people, i start blaming and shit, blahblahblah.

when it comes down to, i think it is my sense of feeling obligated. feeling obligated to please people. but i believe in the saying “you don’t owe anyone anything”. and to some degree, this is true. i believe we are sole owners of our own life, and we should be responsible for how we live it no matter the outcome. of course, context matters like in school, or at work in order to provide a service or obtain knowledge or grade. but in interpersonal relationships like family or friends, this shouldn’t be the case.

sorry for rant just going through some shit :(
p0ckyyNov 1, 2018 4:51 PM
Nov 1, 2018 4:35 PM

Apr 2017
do what you want to do

eat a cupcake

buY something you want

masturbate Sorry wait a month
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Nov 1, 2018 4:38 PM

Dec 2015
Aster- said:
do what you want to do

eat a cupcake

I do...do you have one?
Because I really want a cupcake.
Nov 1, 2018 4:39 PM

Apr 2017
Bobby2Hands said:
Aster- said:
do what you want to do

eat a cupcake

I do...do you have one?
Because I really want a cupcake.

yeah but i ran out of frosting

it's cool tho cuz i substituted it with mayo

want some?
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Nov 1, 2018 4:57 PM

Mar 2016
But the question is: Why do you feel obligated to please people? Once you get to the root of it, you can draw conclusions and solve it.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Nov 1, 2018 5:01 PM

Jan 2017
YaoiMaster said:
But the question is: Why do you feel obligated to please people? Once you get to the root of it, you can draw conclusions and solve it.

why do i feel obligated to please people?
hmm.
because i want to be “good” and do “good”.
but often doing these things is exhausting and prevents me from doing what i want to do.
i end up resenting the person i try to do “good” for anyway.
essentially, i believe i value other people’s opinion above my own.
Nov 1, 2018 5:03 PM

Mar 2016
p0ckyy said:
YaoiMaster said:

hmm.
but often doing these things is exhausting and prevents me from doing what i want to do.
I understand what you mean. I want to be a psychologist, so I spend my time helping people, but then it leaves little time for my hobbies. I suppose the most important thing is to find a sense of balance here. Do not spend too much time on yourself, and do not occupy yourself with others to the extent of losing time for yourself.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Nov 1, 2018 5:14 PM

Feb 2018
You are not tied to anything, do what you want. Value yourself and the people worth valuing. Do not complain about unimportant things, help them if you can. If you do not want to do it, give an excuse or just do not do it. Do not complicate yourself. You do not have to blame yourself for your problems.
Remember that you are worth much to be stressed by the problems of others.

Nov 1, 2018 5:20 PM

Jul 2017
I don't think people really take care of themselves in general, honestly.

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.
Nov 1, 2018 5:28 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Start with taking some time off for yourself doing things YOU enjoy.
Or perhaps start a project you've never gotten around to. Set goals for yourself and treat it like it's a job.
Nov 1, 2018 6:20 PM
Aug 2018
If you please everyone you'll become a slut. Start pleasing the one's that worth it, including yourself.
Nov 1, 2018 6:25 PM
Aug 2018
A relationship where only the one part feel satisfied is a waste of time and energy.
Nov 1, 2018 8:38 PM

Sep 2018
Realise that you have your own problems and other people have theirs. Don't feel obligated to help people if you know you can't afford it.

Nov 2, 2018 5:49 PM
Oct 2014
If it isn't mutual, stop pleasing people for free. Make others earn your
trust. First when you have established a mutual bond with give and take you can be equals.

Nov 2, 2018 6:40 PM
Feb 2017
p0ckyy said:
hey yall. this is a dilemna i have been having. i have been trying to figure it out.

we of course live in a society where we need each other. but when does it come to the point where other people hinder an individual from doing what he/she wants to do?

people do get annoyed when you aren’t of use to them. maybe this is what i fear? of upsetting people, that is.

i mean, i should be responsible for the outcome regardless of if i do please them or not right?
pleasing will hurt me internally.
not pleasing will rock the boat, and end up hurting people.
at this point it is a matter of value. do i value myself or other people?
when i value other people, i start blaming and shit, blahblahblah.

when it comes down to, i think it is my sense of feeling obligated. feeling obligated to please people. but i believe in the saying “you don’t owe anyone anything”. and to some degree, this is true. i believe we are sole owners of our own life, and we should be responsible for how we live it no matter the outcome. of course, context matters like in school, or at work in order to provide a service or obtain knowledge or grade. but in interpersonal relationships like family or friends, this shouldn’t be the case.

sorry for rant just going through some shit :(

#1. Please use correct sentence structures and grammar, my OCD is going crazy

#2. You should always please other people. Now, there are limitations to it, as you can't always be a people pleaser, and sometimes that isn't right either because you can be hurt as an individual. Set boundaries, don't let people walk all over you. That doesn't mean, however, to treat the other person with disrespect because it "feels good to get back at them". I always feel obligated to please people, but that doesn't stop me from setting boundaries to not let people take advantage of me. Treating others the way you want to be treated is the best solution. Once you die, your existence will no longer be there. If you impact 0 people and think about yourself while you have life left, then your existence was a waste and no one will remeber you, and the few people that do remember you will remember you as just another selfish human being. In life, you want to leave an impact on people, even if it's just a single person. You never know what helpful thing may effect the outcome of someone's life. You opening that door for someone having a bad day? You'll help him get through it. Picking up the books of someone who is constantly being bullied? You'll make him realize that there are people out there that care for him. In every action you do, you should do it out of love and kindness, but remember to not let people take advantage of that by telling them the truth of how their actions are affecting you. If you want your life to actually mean something, be the person for someone in need. If you're that someone in need, wouldn't you want someone to help you?
MegaStrideNov 2, 2018 6:47 PM
Nov 2, 2018 8:08 PM

Mar 2017
p0ckyy said:
YaoiMaster said:

hmm.
essentially, i believe i value other people’s opinion above my own.

The only way to help people is to first help yourself. If you're just a husk that seeks value from others, you will never be a great person. Maybe you'll help or "save" lots or people, but you will never be content with that, so you would never truly be somebody to look up to. It sounds to me like you're a nice person that has extremely needy friends. Find someone independent. Remain supportive of them and they should be supportive of you too. You can't be afraid to say no.

I used to be in a pretty toxic, needy relationship...eventually I realized it and cut her out ot my life. It took some time to reevaluate my beliefs, but i'm happy as can be now. Hope the same happens to you

More topics from this board

» I am trying to get over 10,000 posts on this site by the end of this year....

DesuMaiden - 5 hours ago

15 by vasipi4946 »»
2 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 26

16 by DoisacChopper »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Which Halloween monster did you want to be as a kid?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 9

8 by Lucifrost »»
4 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

703 by Jozuwa-_- »»
28 minutes ago

» Have you ever given up on major passions in your life?

RobertBobert - 11 hours ago

29 by Lost_Viking »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.