Forum Settings
Forums

Which manga would you like to see licensed?

New
Oct 16, 2018 3:40 AM
Aug 2018
I have a list of manga I want to get licensed, which manga do you want to see licensed into English, or your language?
Oct 16, 2018 3:52 AM
Aug 2018
Manga:
Kiss and Never Cry
Tetsuwan Girl
Chihayafuru
Saint☆Oniisan
Jumping
Chocolate Junkie
Emanon
Mairunovich
Prunus Girl
Nononono
Dracul
Brynhildr in the Darkness

and anything by Tooyama, Ema.
Oct 16, 2018 8:15 AM

Nov 2011
none because i just read it in its original language
doesnt chihayafuru already have an english license though? its a really popular series, so i would be surprised if it doesnt have yet.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Oct 16, 2018 11:05 AM

Apr 2017
- Beastars got licensed in Spanish but not English, aww. And maybe pack in bonus chapters of "Beast Complex" by the same author.
- Apocalypse Zero was licensed but got dropped with 4 volumes left. Anything else by the author is right up my alley too.
- Riki-Oh. The live-action film has a cult following stateside, and at times the manga makes Fist of the North Star look like slapfights.
- Mad Bull 34 would go over well as an over-the-top, sleazy parody of New York City.
- Violence Jack. I'm happy to see classic Devilman getting released here but this quasi-sequel should come next.
Oct 16, 2018 12:36 PM

Jan 2016
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Takemitsu Zamurai
Voynich Hotel

There is a chance about having Takemitsu Zamurai licensed since Matsumoto Taiyou is not unknow in the west.
Oct 16, 2018 1:08 PM
Aug 2018
DreamingBeats said:
doesnt chihayafuru already have an english license though? its a really popular series, so i would be surprised if it doesnt have yet.

I forgot it was digitally released, but they should publish it as a real manga... I never read digitally.
(Still learning Japanese, but kanji is hard>.< used to study alot, but been lazy the past few months, wish I can get my energy back so I can read my lot of Japanese manga xD)

*edit, even if I was pro at Japanese I wish they would license more titles because I want the rest of the world to enjoy them.
Oct 16, 2018 1:10 PM
Aug 2018
I also wish they would license the Manhwa:
Nabi
Oct 16, 2018 1:24 PM
Jul 2018
DreamingBeats said:

when u comment just to brag lol

kenja no mago and yokai girls
Oct 16, 2018 1:29 PM

Nov 2011
HisokaxMeruem said:
DreamingBeats said:

when u comment just to brag lol

kenja no mago and yokai girls

im not bragging, or at least that wasnt the intention. the manga i enjoy use easy/easier japanese (kiniro mosaic, is the order a rabbit, love live, anima yell, etc, etc)
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

Oct 16, 2018 3:25 PM
Oct 2018
Oh man, I wish Hinamatsuri was licensed somewhere, anywhere. Just so more people can read it xD

Also, maybe some random short mangas I've seen recently, I guess. Like Goblin wa mou juubun ni tsuyoi / Goblin is very strong or Nakanaide maou-chan.

Oh and Tobaku no Kyojin, Gamble Giant. I haven't read it yet but looked through it and it seems interesting.
Oct 16, 2018 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
Violet evergarden, I don't care for the story I just think the cover art is pretty and if I felt like reading it I could.

Gamaran, the ending was rushed and left a slight bad taste in my mouth the journey up to a certain point was awesome.

Beelzebub, how has this not been licensed yet? I love the author's works.

Kemono Jihen, I like it and most likely they'll publish it in English faster than translators at this point.

Dagashi Kashi, I just want it just to want it.

Mairimashita! Iruma-kun, I adore it and reading it makes me happy also translations are slow so I'd rather just buy it.

Side note:. I wish Witch craft Works would get its volumes published faster over here I waited a year just to get volume 10
Oct 16, 2018 7:59 PM

Feb 2018
Ones with cats in them. I don't like reading scanlations. Maybe if I owned a tablet I would, but I don't like having to sit at the computer to read shit. I also simply prefer to own the physical objects.
Oct 16, 2018 8:04 PM

Nov 2011
casual_filth said:
Ones with cats in them. I don't like reading scanlations. Maybe if I owned a tablet I would, but I don't like having to sit at the computer to read shit. I also simply prefer to own the physical objects.

Nekodo san is wearing a cat
https://sokuyomi.jp/product/nekotosanh_001/CO/1/

(Is the Order a Rabbit) Chino and her wearing a bunny inspired others to do the same, apparently.

Oct 16, 2018 8:10 PM

May 2010
Veneficia said:

Beelzebub, how has this not been licensed yet? I love the author's works.

Naked baby is a problem in the same way shooting a gun was a problem with Reborn. Not surprising that they played it safe by getting Nurarihyon no Mago.

As for the topic, I haven't been looking at newer JP titles lately, but I still have 3 in my wishlist - Yuugo Koshonin, Kurosagi and Mashiro no Oto. The first two I have no hope on but Mashiro no Oto is a big question mark. It reminds me of Chihayafuru because of the character dynamics but I find it more interesting.

I'm hoping for a push if there's an anime adaptation (at least adapt the school club part) but Marimo Ragawa plus Kodansha is such a question mark at this point.
Oct 17, 2018 8:26 AM
Aug 2018
casual_filth said:

I just want to recommend: Nekogahara: Stray Cat Samurai

(for books I recommend i am a cat by Natsume Soseki)
Oct 17, 2018 9:14 AM

Feb 2010
Zipang would be one of them for sure.
I probably regret this post by now.

More topics from this board

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

9 by Shirayukin »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

379 by LyLord »»
6 hours ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

22 by Timeline_man »»
6 hours ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Today, 1:00 AM

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
Yesterday, 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.