Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 10, 2019 3:53 AM

May 2014

Galatea reached out and tugged Jack by the shoulder, pointing towards Victor. It seems they wouldn't have to go looking for him after all. She nodded at the defiler corpses laying down near them.
"Good job on taking them out on your own. My name's Galatea, by the way, I don't reckon I introduced myself. We took care of about seven of these things but I'm not entirely convinced there aren't any more of them deeper in." Taking a closer look at the man, however, she couldn't help but notice how worn down he looked. "Are you injured in any way? I can cast a healing spell on you if you are. Also, since we're all together now, I'll go ahead and find out just how many defilers are left around here so we can wipe them out."
If Victor was injured she'd cast Claridad on him and then focus on activating God Eye and finding out how many Xera Energies remained in the graveyard. Her eyes started glowing and the energy became apparent immediately. Sensing the possible confusion of her teammates, she briefly explained. "I can sense Xera, so if there are any defilers in a 100-meter radius around us, I'll know."
She'd then focus on sensing the exact number of xera energies that surrounded them and share this info with the group.
Jul 16, 2019 12:20 PM

Mar 2016
@Ir1Ss
@CalmCall
@Valkan

Within the imminent 100 meters, there were 412 Xeraphic signatures. In the village there were about 32. But that is mostly likely the villagers. In this very graveyard there are five signatures. Two of them being Jack and Victor, the other three are underground in the Graves themselves.

((Which one of you has the Sword Jack pulled from the Light Cursed Zombie? It was passed around a lot if i recall correctly))
Jul 16, 2019 1:39 PM

Jun 2015

Jack Espinosa

(I have the sword)

So, three signatures in this graveyard. Considering how much of a mess this area was just a while ago, he didn't expect that. Although the total number of signatures was quite high, he guessed (hoped) that that was just because Galatea couldn't filter the signatures out. They had to take care of the handful of Defilers left in the graveyard though. He was in pretty bad shape, but he was confident in his ability to handle three defilers by himself. Turning towards the graves, Jack made a mental note of the graves Galatea pointed out. "I'll go and take care of those three Defilers. I'll have to fetch the Maveric first though. You two can just leave me to it or come along if you want. Although, one perhaps should scout the 100 meters just to be safe. That number of signatures is pretty high."
Without saying another word, he headed towards the village to grab the Maveric once more. It seems they were wrapping up around here, finally. But for him, the real work had just begun. After all, he had a sarcophagus to cash in on. He pulled out his MHPT and made a quick call to an old friend. The Collectors would know what to do with this thing, and the compensation wouldn't be half bad. (Starting assets: Connections in The Collectors). The call finally connected:
"Hey, Johnathan. It's Jack. I need you to return a favor. Eitherway, I have a feeling you'll like this. I have found a sarcophagus, a sort of portal to another dimension full of Defilers and shit. I need to sell it before the IAHD gets their paws on it, for a high price if possible. Can you do it? If you can, hurry your ass to Dakton."

He'd await a response before hanging up the call. He'd then grab the Maveric and head back to the graveyard where he'd start to dig up the first grave. He'd then see what was inside.
I don't even know what to write in here.
Jul 16, 2019 8:35 PM

Dec 2015
Mysterious Figure

The entity watched with curiosity as Shin talked at the vaeert and started circulating him. The entity shifted his position in the chair. While resting his head on his left hand, he started making slight gestures with his free hand. Meanwhile, the vaeert stood still for a moment, making his sudden jump to action all the more surprising.
The vaeert twisted his upper body with unexpected speed. While turning, he used his first arm to reach Shin and hit him. Aiming towards his core. Disregarding if that was successful or not, the wooden creature was not quite done yet, his upper body continued to turn. The moment his other arm was able to take aim on Shin, the vaeert would shoot a long wooden spike out of said arm, aimed slightly ahead of Shin's predicted, circulating path. At the height of his lower legs, to be exact.
(Hint: Remember that Danger Imminent is a thing in case you missed it @philtecturophy)
ValkanJul 25, 2019 11:46 AM
Jul 17, 2019 3:49 PM

Dec 2015
Victor Ozbern

The first one to take notice of Victor was the girl, who complimented him on cleaning the area, while also introducing herself. Victor felt a little better after taking a breather, so he was able to talk less ragged when he answered "Name's Victor... Good work as well. I was trimming numbers here, but decided to clean the village and around it first..." He bowed slightly as he gave his name to Galatea. A custom from his culture that Victor sometimes does automatically.
The girl asked if he had any injuries, since she could heal them. Without hesitating, Victor nodded, then stayed still for the process to take part. Once healed, Victor dropped a quick "Thank you" and then listened to his partners' thoughts.
After Jack offered himself to check the cemetery once again, Victor spoke up. "Right. In that case, I'll scout the area... Again. Will ya tag along with me, missy?" he asked, in an almost cheery tone. Being healed put him more at ease than he actually have credit for. Why? No clue, but it was not the time for wondering. So, without more words, Victor started walking, either alone, or with Galatea.
The process he used to check the area would be the same. Unsheathing Sun and having it ready, while his other hand was on Moon. Walking at a moderate pace to ensure minimum noise, checking carefully every corner he passed by to avoid any ungrateful surprises like the ones from before. Slowly but surely tracking the xera sources without risking his neck.
Jul 20, 2019 9:37 AM

May 2014

She motioned at Victor, prompting him to lead the way. When he started walking, she silently followed suit and for a minute, let herself drift in thought. She felt a bit disoriented. It had been a while since she had used God Eye, about half a year actually. It would take some time to get used to the sensory overload again. Using it in populated areas right now would probably be too much for her, never-mind that it would be useless. It annoyed her to some extent; she could feel the potential of this power, but couldn't seem to unlock that potential. Neglecting practicing with it certainly didn't help either. When this mission was finished, she'd have a chance to use it. But there was that plan Jack brought up as well. It seemed so ambitious, to leverage control over a village. But it was that ambition that excited her and pushed her to accept his offer. She hadn't been so excited in a long time. If this went well, they'd have a very interesting situation in their hands. But, she did have her doubts. Why did Jack open up to her about his plan, but not to Victor? She wondered if he had any ulterior motives, but the deal put him at a disadvantage. She wouldn't have cared what happened to the coffin eitherway. She couldn't grasp his though process and that called for caution. After all, he could easily be more dangerous than he seemed.
A drop of rain tickled the bridge of her nose and consequently snapped her back into reality. Right, she had to be observant. Following Victor, she kept an eye out for any irregularities.
Jul 23, 2019 5:46 PM

Mar 2016
That particular grave contained an old skeleton. It wore a tiara upon its skull but otherwise was clothed in plain wear. There were also two rings on its finger. The body appeared to have been female. its most certainly still dead.

The second grave did not hold a body at all. But a gold plated skull with odd letters engraved on it.

The third grave was a man buried with a rather nice looking gun. A bit rusted but with some maintenance it would be a beautiful piece. The bones had been here so long almost none of the clothes even remain. The coffin had just about rotted away.

Beneath the domed forest, you became aware of something. Most of those signatures came from little tiny wisps of light that were illuminating the trees and giving them light to feed on. They seemed to be a part of the forest phenomenon somehow. A stronger source stemmed from something so big is was causing impact sounds to ripple through the forest as it walked. Approaching it caused it to turn to you. seams in its stone body glowed blue, then yellow as it looked at you. Then blue again as it continued on its way. A massive ten foot tall stone golem.
Jul 25, 2019 11:35 AM

Dec 2015
Victor Ozbern

Victor wandered around the forest, scouting for any remaining defilers. After carefully giving a check to the whole area near the village/cemetery, Victor came across the same result he had come when he inspected on his own after getting rid of all the undead he saw. He got them all.
Victor stopped walking and turned to Galatea. He then told her "Aight, missy. We've checked the whole perimeter. No standin' defilers left that I could see. Did your special vision find anythin'?"
An unexpected event prevented Galatea from answering to Victor immediately, however. The ground rumbled. Something big was approaching. Victor turned his attention to the source of it, taking a stance to fight, Sun in hand. Despite that, he didn't rush in once he saw the source of the rumble. A giant made out of rocks.
For a moment, both stared at each other. But as suddenly as he arrived, the golem left. Seeing as the giant had no hostile intentions, Victor relaxed. He kept his sight on the general direction of the rumble as it grew weaker, just in case, but it was to no avail. The giant had no interest in them, or the village for that matter. With that clear on his head, Victor turned to Galatea once again and asked "...So, other than that, ya found anythin' dangerous? That one just now didn't seem so, to us, at least..."
He was more at ease than before, but Victor was still wary of his surroundings, and didn't sheathe Sun yet. Who knows what his young partner might have seen...
ValkanJul 25, 2019 11:38 AM
Jul 28, 2019 7:50 AM

May 2014

The sight of the gigantic beast gave her a bit of a startle, but she quickly composed herself when she realized it wasn't hostile. She couldn't help but wonder at how strange the brief encounter was, but as the creature drifted away, she decided that some questions are best left unanswered. If she were to become a village administrator, she'd have more than enough time to explore whatever secrets were buried betwixt the oak trees. Galatea took a deep breather and sheathed her sword. "Well, about that... The power short-circuited a while ago but judging by the energies I felt... Yeah, this should be it. Eitherway, it's not like we can go counting each individual firefly or whatever those things were."
It seemed that this was it. Good riddance, that had lasted a while. She did a couple of shoulder stretches as she was quite sore from holding the Claymore for so long. She made another mental note on how rusty she had gotten and after cracking her neck an ungodly number of times, motioned towards the general direction of the village. "Well, so much for that. Let's go and notify the villagers. They're probably getting quite restless by now."
As she made her way to the exit of the forest she couldn't help but wonder if this was truly all there was to it. She felt as if she'd not done enough and the blood rain was still going strong. In a way, she felt unsure of what would happen next, but if there was one thing Galatea was good at, it was suppressing her thoughts and emotions. She cleared her head and headed towards the village.
Aug 7, 2019 4:24 PM

Dec 2015
Victor Ozbern

Victor took a deep breath, and sheathed Sun while still gripping Moon, around the same time Galatea did the same. "Fireflies, huh? Well, whatever. We're done with our part." seeing as there was not much else to do here, Victor filed a brief report for the IAHD.
Report on mission: Clear the Infestation.

Targets: All eliminated
Source of the outbreak: Located and neutralized
Locals informed that they were constantly receiving new waves of defiled, despite their attempts to get rid of them all. Upon further investigation, it was discovered that they were coming from a portal within what looked like a sarcophagus on the outside. Once the portal was closed, no more undead appeared, and the remaining ones were taken out. Also, reporting the blood rain is strong here as well. It didn't seem to affect the targets. Attaching evidence.

Victor Ozbern

Upon finalizing typing the message, Victor agreed with a "Yea, let's go." to his mission partner. On their way to the town hall, Victor took pictures of some killed zombies, but mostly, the barren buildings soaked in blood. "Man, a shower sounds like heaven right now. Curse this friggin' rain... was all there was on his mind at the moment, he had his fill of killing for the day... or night... or whatever it is right now. Suddenly invaded by curiosity, Victor checked the hour in his MHPT. "Morning, huh? Did i get up too early, or did I pull an all nighter... Hmmm... With that pondering thought he found himself in the door of the town hall all of a sudden.
Once in he would approach the closed sarcophagus and take a couple of pictures of it, then sending it all to HQ. With that done, he addressed the villagers. "Well, it's done... We've scouted the area several times, and there are no remaining defilers. You're safe now... As for the rain, we're as clueless as you are. Sorry." Once again, he addressed them with a way more professional tone than usual.
ValkanSep 4, 2019 10:27 AM
Aug 17, 2019 6:08 AM

Jun 2015

Jack Espinosa

Jack took the rings, the skull and he sure as hell took the vintage gun. Having robbed the dead of all they had, he offered a quick prayer and hoped he died at an old age before going to hell. He reburied the skeletons and took the Maveric with him, heading straight for the village.
He found his two companions there waiting for him. Confirming that all the defilers had been killed, he also sent a report to the IAHD. And that was it, mission completed. He could go claim the rewards later. Now, for the sarcophagus... He hoped Johnathan wouldn't take too long to come.
Sep 4, 2019 10:37 AM

Dec 2015
Shortly after receiving the reports, the IAHD replied back with a confirmation message
Reports confirmed as valid, Mission Clear the Infestation: COMPLETED.

Galatea Var Celeste, Victor Ozbern, Jack Espinosa, your rewards will be provided shortly.

IAHD Administration

+80 Fame
+100 XP
+800 Lumin

When the door opened for Victor to inform the villagers of the success of his mission, they still seemed concerned. With the head of the village even addressing the elephant in the room. "What on Earth is that rain about!?" but since Victor answered negatively, they found themselves at a loss. Until the head decided to add "'...At least you did the job, so thank you."
Meanwhile, outside, a small and surprisingly quiet aircraft, painted with a striped green and red pattern landed in a clear space within the village. Out of it came out a man in a sports track suit that matched the ship's colors, with an automatic umbrella hovering over him. The man made his way to Jack and Galatea, all while saying "You better not be lying about this, Jack...Making me come all the way here with hell broken loose.
ValkanSep 5, 2019 7:55 AM
Sep 4, 2019 12:40 PM

Jun 2015

Jack Espinosa

He couldn't help but smile at the clumsy fool, stumbling out of his fancy aircraft. Somehow he'd managed to get even hairier from the last time they met.
"Now, John, when have I ever lied to you?" Jack pointed at the sarcophagus lying silently in the corner of the room. "As you can see, we've tied it up with rope and chains for now but if you want to, I'll open it up briefly."
Jack grabbed a side of the coffin and dragged it outside, near the aircraft ushering Galatea to come near as well. "Now, how much do you think this'll go for? I don't need you to sell it quick, as long as you find me a good deal."
With enough Lumin, his plan could finally be set in motion. Helping this village recuperate would give him a place to rest, where he didn't need to pay rent and some interesting future prospects. Also, it would help out the villagers. It depended on how much this thing would sell for however, and even John could probably only provide an estimation. That would be enough. The only thing that mattered was that he sell it. Surely, this thing was worth somewhere in the quadruple digits...
Sep 10, 2019 7:31 PM

Dec 2015
Victor Ozbern

For a brief moment, Victor considered trying to reassure the villagers. But shrugged it off quickly, as he had already done his part, and he truly knew nothing more about the red downpour outside than they did. Hell, the villagers had already started discussing among themselves about whatever to do next. "Yup, none of my business..." Was all he thought before heading outside.
Once out, he noticed three people standing under the roof of the town hall. First was Jack, then the magic sight lass, apparently named Galatea, and a new guy. At this point, he wanted out, so he approached the group for a single reason. When he closed in on them, he asked Jack "Hey Jack, you got my MAVERIC? Pass it over." in a calm tone, his face showing signs of weariness as he spoke.
With his MAVERIC in hand, he would pocket it as he told the group, in the same tone as before "I'm out. Good luck with whatever y'all have planned for that portal... thing. Yeah, bye." With that said Victor turned his attention to his MHPT, from which he called his bike. Not long after, his ride arrived, he hopped on it, and without any other words to say, he sped off. Leaving Dakton behind, he headed for Neito.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Cathedral of New Pantheon ( 1 2 )

Darth_Lewdious - Nov 7, 2018

59 by Zelda102 »»
Nov 13, 2019 8:40 PM

» Natah Jungle ( 1 2 )

Darth_Lewdious - Oct 10, 2018

51 by Xylolicious »»
Oct 7, 2019 2:55 PM

» Karn City ( 1 2 )

Darth_Lewdious - Oct 20, 2018

84 by crow890 »»
Oct 1, 2019 4:02 PM

» Apex Company Headquarters

Darth_Lewdious - Oct 28, 2018

45 by Valkan »»
Sep 29, 2019 12:34 AM

» Collector HQ

Darth_Lewdious - Nov 6, 2018

16 by Xylolicious »»
Sep 21, 2019 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.