Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 6, 2018 12:01 AM

Mar 2016

The Collectors make their base of operations in the City of Shynata. The structure is odd. Made of Bronze on the exterior, it is seems constructed of a lot of conjoined spheres. And on the inside, these spheres each house a particular module of the building. Including a few large magical artifacts. The Ocularium for instance, is a mirror that can provide you with a complete first person experience of a any particular day in anyone's life; but requires a pint of their blood. The so named "Akashic Records", a single book that contains a constantly shuffling assortment of past, present, and future lives. But it can only be opened at particular times of day.

Ocularium Chamber
Akashic Records Chamber
Security Hub
Public Library
Officer Office
Grand Curator Office
Darth_LewdiousJan 29, 2019 10:46 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 29, 2019 12:42 AM
Aug 2014
Ceylan

Aliza / Summoned
Staff of Light / Wielding
Healing Light / 2 Uses Left / 1 CD
Tracker

Things hadn't gone exactly as planned so far, but Ceylan had quickly adjusted. With his newfound companion in tow, he entered The Collectors' HQ. His plan was pretty simple, but that wouldn't take away from its potential effectiveness. If he wanted to get out of his father's shadow, and be valued for his own skills as an appraiser, he'd need to appraise what nobody even dared to appraise before; the infamous monolith standing in the HQ. Well, maybe appraising it would be a bit too much to ask for now, but solving its riddle sounded like it might be possible. That's what he hoped, at least. He headed over towards the person in charge of the missions, and asked;

“Good evening, I'd like to challenge the Monolith.”

Aliza

Flame Greaves / Wearing

Tracker

Ceylan wasn't the only one for whom things hadn't gone exactly as planned. After all, Aliza wasn't released from the crystal by the type of person she had expected to release her... at all. She had expected some strong mage, or maybe a noble warrior, but this guy seemed more like a princess. The whole thing about skipping 300 years, missing an entire war, and waking up in a rather different era, didn't help either. Luckily enough, for her at least, she was always quick to adjust and go with the flow. That's also what happened when she heard Ceylan's talk about the Monolith.

“Let me try it as well!”
Jan 29, 2019 10:51 PM

Mar 2016
Well, you've come to the wrong place. Said the receptionist at the desk. He was tall, pale, and had a rugged black hairstyle. "The Obelisk can be found in the Collector's Museum. The Museum is in Plexta. Hate to tell you its gonna be a four hour ride to the Station there. Sorry I cant be anymore help. Is there anything else you need?" He had a nice tone and was friendly.
Jan 30, 2019 1:00 AM
Aug 2014
Ceylan

Aliza / Summoned
Staff of Light / Wielding
Healing Light / 2 Uses Left / 1 CD
Tracker

Ceylan was confused by the receptionist's reply. After all, it was required to sign up for missions. Considering they were already close to the headquarters, that would be the easiest place to sign up and see if there was anything additional he should know, from what he had gathered. Was his information wrong? “My apologies, I was under the impression that we had to sign up for the mission, and this was the closest place to do so. Just to confirm, the Obelisk and the Monolith are two names for the same relic, is that correct?” Truth be told, he probably could've signed up at the museum as well, but if something were to change in the meantime, he'd have made the trip for naught. Anyhow, it seemed like he had gotten his approval, and that the mission was still up as it was. In other words, he could go ahead and make the trip. If his question was answered positively, he'd say his goodbyes and leave the area. “Thank you, and a good day to you.”

Aliza

Flame Greaves / Wearing

Tracker

She had silently awaited for the conversation to end, yet with a growing grin on her face. Once they were walking out again, she couldn't help herself. “Hime-sama~ I told you we might as well have gone straight to our target~”

“So it seems.” Ceylan didn't even bother trying to deny it, or to try to stop her from calling him 'Hime-sama'. “Although it has never hurt anyone to confirm their information.”

“It just slows things down. I want to get to the fun part.”

Ceylan just sighed, as both left on their four hour trip.
Jan 31, 2019 1:04 AM

Mar 2016
Yes, you are correct on this matter, but for your future convenience, you should be aware that we have a mission board present in all of our facilities. And yes again. Whilst Obelisk is the public name for it, "Monolith" is a more appropriate title given what it is. May you have a wonderful day.
Jun 28, 2019 11:01 AM

Jul 2017
Ryujin

Enters Area

Intel was delivered via Ryujin's transport pod, a message from friends of the Aeolus family concerning a "nice beginners mission for the black sheep of Aeolus." The Aeolus family, Ryujin imagined, alongside their noble friends, were most likely in a very pleasant private evacuation hall and conversing over their specialty drinks. Such remarks weren't uncommon considering much of the family and friends believed Ryujin to be inept, especially when compared alongside his brother and father. Normally he wouldn't give such information a second glance, especially now that he was deep in the planning progress of his ultimatum, however something had piqued his curiosity and he decided to take it on.

After the sudden change in plans, Ryujin made his way to Shynata. He didn't intend to stay long however, as word had it that a powerful spawn had made its way close to the city. Jin waited in the hall after processing his request, and then would leave after being forced to physically eat due to there being little to no sunlight from which he could receive nutrients.

Leaves Area
Aug 1, 2019 1:59 PM

Nov 2016

”I don’t use any product, my hair just like that because of the static”

Vitality (VIT) - Rank F Xera Energy (XRA) - Rank E Strength (STR) - Rank F Endurance (END) - Rank F Speed (SPD) - Rank E
Agility (AGI) - Rank E Perception (PER) - Rank E Willpower (WIL) - Rank F Luck (LUK) - Rank F

Enters Area
Tento seeing the bronze building from the outside checks the directions he was given from a shop owner not far from here and confirms within himself that this is what he had traveled so far to see. He admired the way it made him feel, and because his mood was changing that was a cue to change the song he was listening to.
*tap*..No..*tap*....No, not this one either*tap*Ah?..This'll do.
A mysterious electro beat with a splash background beings to leak out of the headphones, to anyone around his music is ridiculously loud seeing how it can be heard quite loud even while they're on his ears. Tento takes a deep breath in making sure that he didn't have any excess energy to get rid of before walking into a building like this, likely to be populated with objects with heavy energy.
Just in case. Tento knelt down as if to tie his shoe, but mostly not to bring attention to himself as a small sound of zapping and crackling surrounded Tento's body and a sparking appeared around his right hand before,ZAP, a discharge of electrical energy came out of Tento's hand and his hair stood on end before softly falling into the messy nest of golden strands underneath his over-ear headphones. Tento walks into the entrance looking around for someone that he thinks would be of some use, squinting a bit to adjust his eyes to the new lighting.
University Student, Canada, Leauge IGN: Xylolicious. Add me, PM me to chat or for questions!
Aug 11, 2019 7:46 PM

Dec 2015
Upon entering, Tento would notice that the place was unusually empty. This however, wasn't by any means a surprise. Red rain in full effect, after all. That didn't mean there was no people though. There were still some brave souls inside.
There were the receptionists, sitting near the mission board, one looking visibly nervous. Near said board, stood a couple of women, checking for a job. They were facing the opposite direction so all Tento could see was a white outfit, with an equally white mane tied up in a ponytail, and a red cloak with a hood. Finally, there was a red haired man, with a large sword strapped to his back, checking something in his MHPT, while sitting on one of the white couches of the lobby.
Aug 14, 2019 12:15 AM

Nov 2016

Vitality (VIT) - Rank F Xera Energy (XRA) - Rank E Strength (STR) - Rank F Endurance (END) - Rank F Speed (SPD) - Rank E
Agility (AGI) - Rank E Perception (PER) - Rank E Willpower (WIL) - Rank F Luck (LUK) - Rank F

Tento pulls out a small cloth to wipe the remaining droplets off a nicely crested black jacket with yellow outline. The crest isn't from around here, but Tento doesn't wear it like he is representing what it is. Not that just anybody would know who he was, but if someone that Tento recognized or vice-versa would know that Tento had a small problem of making things that weren't his... well his. He keeps the hood of the jacket up to cover his headphones, its better to at least seem like you're respectful around those that would dare to walk among a phenomenon such as the Blood Rain that has been covering what seems the world.
Tento reached into his pocket to turn down the music volume in case people hear didn't speak well and slurred their mouths while talking, making it incredibly more difficult not to just read their mouths instead of actually listening to them. After a brief sigh and adjusting his eyes and hears to the brightness and static in his head that the music no longer drowns out, he began walking to the red haired man.
This man seemed like the most efficient source of the specific information he was looking for. Tento wasn't much for teaming up, he often likes to make sure that he is the only one that can get the prize, however not knowing much about how this red rain will affect his solo abilities..He'll probably know where he wants to go, maybe I can at least tag along until I have the information I need..
Adjusting his posture so that he seemed like someone you'd be ok approaching you rather than just a hoodlum Tento put on his childish smile to see if he could appeal to the size difference between him and the man. Tento knew his place well, he has never been the most honest guy, so faking it to blend in felt natural, his smile widened as he came up looking at what he could see of the sword, studying it, but not too intently. Umm, excuse me sir? I was just wondering what you were checking. I'm having troubles with my MHPT, so I thought to see if yours was working fine. In the span of time that allowed Tento's eyes to dart down onto the swordsman MHPT he would try and look at anything that might interest this man conversationally as to build a small trust before asking him the questions he had.
XyloliciousSep 17, 2019 12:29 PM
University Student, Canada, Leauge IGN: Xylolicious. Add me, PM me to chat or for questions!
Sep 4, 2019 9:54 AM

Dec 2015
The only people that turned their heads to Tento arriving were the receptionists, but since he didn't approach them, they just returned to their chaotic mess that was their work with this blood rain. As for what he could gather from hearing the other people around was mostly the receptionists taking calls non-stop, mostly blood rain related conversations. And an occasional word or two from the couple near the mission board, as they were far and the other noises covered most of their conversation. However, from the little he could gather, they were picking a mission to take.
When Tento approached the red haired man, on the surface, his keen eye could see that the sword was in near perfect condition, despite being obviously used a lot. As for what he was looking on his MHPT, there were a lot of pictures of some sort of ruins in the mountains. The man was very focused on his investigation, given that he just reacted to Tento once he spoke. Upon hearing him, the man smiled and answered Oh, I was just checking some details for my next trip, hoping this cursed rain doesn't ruin it... But yes, it is working just fine as you can see" The man would then turn the holographic screen to Tento, showing several reports of the rain, as well as a couple of reports of a certain abandoned ruins, with an unknown location, as far as the articles read at least.
Sep 12, 2019 1:49 PM

Nov 2016

Tento had put the bait out, and as simple as hook line and sinker Tento had a couple different directions he could have gone asking questions. It wasn't like Tento needed to be this sneaky when it comes to this guy, he seemed decently open to conversation so far as Tento was able to tell. It was just so natural for Tento to get burned by people he didn't try to manipulate first, it was like second nature by now. Hmm, this red rain sure is a problem, but if this guy is going somewhere then I could give it a shot..Oh silly me, I was spaced out and I had it in the wrong mode haha. As Tento said that last bit he messed around with his MHPT a little and tried to get it to a Public Map with a waypoint set on the Collector HQ visible. It wasn't very smooth, but Tento tried to make it seem like he didn't really know what he was doing and that's why he would even mention his MHPT not working. So.. about this cursed rain. You still go to places collecting with it being everywhere? That's pretty brave. I haven't really done too much exploring since it happened, but then again I wasn't the most experienced to begin with. Say where are you headed to anyways? Tento tilted his head a little looking at the strangers MHPT before snapping his gaze back towards his head. The swords condition intrigued him to check for any scars showing further sign of battle experience.
Sep 13, 2019 12:39 PM

Dec 2015
Alphonse Zokkendov

At first glance, the man didn't seem to look deeper into what Tento was saying or doing. He actually seemed to be at ease. Awfully calm for the current situation, to be honest. Said calm was noticeable ever since he started talking to Tento, to which he answered "Oh, I see. Lucky you, it might have been a little hard to find somewhere to repair an MHPT with this rain" when he realized his mistake, apparently not minding the interruption.
When the man was about to get back to his business, Tento continued the conversation, with a fairly understandable question. The man smiled once again as he told Tento "Thank you, but I don't think I deserve the compliment. As far as I've checked, a few strange monsters are all the weird stuff happening other than the blood everywhere. While odd-looking, they seem to be manageable. I haven't explored since this started, it has just been like a couple of hours, after all. So, don't worry about that." with an enthusiastic chuckle at the end. ''...As for where I'm going... It's supposed to be the family's temple, so to speak. My research has shown that it holds something that 'connects you to your ancestors'... Whatever that means..." the man added, in slightly more serious and meditative tone, while his gaze gravitated back to the pictures on his MHPT. This somewhat serious tone was gone in an instant, as the man shook his head and stood up "Ah, where are my manners!?" He extended his free hand as he concluded "Alphonse Zokkendov." If Tento extended his hand too, he would receive a firm handshake.
As for Tento's curious gaze, Alphonse made no comment on it, as it was rather normal for Collectors to look for details. However, he would not find much, as his callous hands and body scars were covered by his old school garments.
ValkanSep 16, 2019 5:47 PM
Sep 17, 2019 12:51 PM

Nov 2016

Tento was glad this was going so smooth, at least to him. Man if only every person that I ran into didn't treat me like a junkyard dog, that'd be the life... Tento realized that he wasn't catching everything the man was saying, and that even though it hadn't affected the conversation so far he didn't want to go down that road. ..better change the music, so I can hear him better. Tento reached into his pocket to change the tune, and easily enough in one press he was satisfied by the new rhythmic focused percussive instrumental that was playing. The song sounded like a theme of sorts that Tento could reference to the man standing in front of him.

Tento extended him hand to Alphonse and was a little taken back by the handshake, which made Tento flustered and an extremely awkward mess of words interjected with random short pauses began to pour of of his mouth. Oh, nice to meet you! Sorry I never introduced myself either. Tento slightly hesitated to say his name before putting the worry to the back of his head. I'm Tento, just came from- Tento wasn't sure where to say he was from, his house was in Karn, but living in the streets of Neito most nights would make it a world of difference to anyone that cared about status. Trying to stop thinking about it so hard Tento continued. Karn, oops brain fart. Uhh, I guess it's only been a little while since this whole fiasco began, but I'm always looking for a place to explore so it's been a big set back to my plans. I mean you can explore anywhere, even back alleyways have tons of treasure you wouldn't imagine! Tento's face shot up red knowing that he probably just contradicted himself saying he was from Karn and then bragging about the streets. Tento tried to calm himself finally, visibly settling down from his first set of blunders. But that's besides the point. You say this temple connects you to your ancestors, does that mean like.. everyone that goes? I don't really know much about my family's history, but I guess I haven't really tried to figure it out. Tento stopped trying to worry about every nook and cranny since this guy seemed alright, at the very least better than the people Tento usually hangs around.
Sep 17, 2019 4:31 PM

Dec 2015
Alphonse Zokkendov

Alphonse couldn't help but chuckle at poor Tento, as he showed he was a tad bit socially awkward. But the chuckle stopped as soon as he started, as he didn't mean to mock Tento, it was just funny to note the change from when he first approached him to now. It was like two different people. Regardless of that, Alphonse demeanor didn't change, remaining calm and with a smile, he replied the usual "Nice to meet you too, Tento." before allowing Tento to continue. Another quick reply came from Alphonse upon hearing of Tento's adventurous spirit, it sounded a little weird, but Alphonse rolled with it "Is that so? You sound like an explorer at heart. Which is nice if you work here...". Alphonse was going to elaborate a bit more into his answer, but noticed that Tento was red. He had no clue why, but opted to stay silent in case it was something he had said, reflecting a little concern in his face.
After a few awkward moments, Tento spoke up again, more composed. Alphonse smiled again, now the conversation got going again. Alphonse stayed silent for a moment, collecting the info he had gathered from that temple in order to answer. "...Actually... Not quite. As I said, it's my family's 'temple', so I would assume whatever the info means with that, its meant for a Zokkendov... But like you, I don't know much of my family, other than a few details here and there, which is what piqued my curiosity for it in the first place... One thing lead to another, and here I am, looking for records of it in The Collectors' data base... And I think I've found enough." Alphonse then checked on the info he had displayed on his MHPT, as if confirming what he had just said.
ValkanSep 19, 2019 12:14 PM
Sep 19, 2019 2:21 PM

Nov 2016

Tento had some admiration for his new acquaintance, in terms of how he acted. There had always been a idea of grown-ups in Tento's head from the people prodding him to people looking down on the activities that he found fun. Something clicked in Tento's head that was a weird sensation. It felt like his admiration was more towards that of a close relative he wanted to grow up to be like in ways, which made Tento start to think of how childish he usually is.

Tento's face blushed thinking back to when Alphonse's commented on his knack for exploring, which in retrospect seeing Alphonse's personality a little more clearly now could have been elaborated on. Maybe this is someone I can trust a bit more, and honestly with the situation being more into the unknown than usual, it might not be a bad idea to ask to join him.. Maybe I'll make a friend? Tento was a little disappointed that he understood the premise of where Alphonse was going, but he weighed some options in his head before deciding on what he was going to do. That's good! Having something to look forward to when searching, instead of searching for something that probably doesn't exist is way better. To be completely honest with you, although I know some associates of with the Collectors, I've never been one to use their data bases for a big exploration. I've only really spoken with those associates I mentioned to even get close to getting some data on where I could go look for something. It's not that I haven't always wanted to! In fact its the opposite.. I really want to make discoveries that will put me on the map as a master dungeon delver, a hugely popular guy that everyone revers as someone that mystery can't elude, the all seeing eye for treasures hidden well and behind puzzles.. Tento trailed off a little bit, it seemed like he was stalling a little bit at the end, pushing himself to reach an end to his run on sentence. Truth be told Tento just wanted to ask a simple question. but couldn't muster up the courage. He didn't want to be shoved away by those who viewed him as a junky, and although Alphonse didn't seem to be one of those people, it was just an inherent fear. Resolve swept over Tento's face, and as an extra boost of courage a small zap came out of his finger right into his leg, as if to give him a theoretical "kick in the butt" and with a short breath in and fast speaking, almost too fast to understand what he was saying, he blurted out WILL YOU LET ME ACCOMPANY YOU?. Tento seemed to calm down again after basically shouting at the swordsmen, his hair a little on end, and a small vibe of electric energy in the air around him. Being inside a building like this for the short amount of time that he was shouldn't have made him build up enough energy to need to discharge, instead Tento's tendency to build up energy when he feels under pressure kicked in and did the work for him. Most of the time it's a good thing, if Tento is running away from someone, he feels his energy increase as the pressure on his mind or the situation builds, but in this case he didn't need the extra boost.
XyloliciousSep 19, 2019 2:53 PM
Sep 21, 2019 11:55 AM

Dec 2015
Alphonse Zokkendov

It was somewhat fascinating to hear Tento's thrill for exploring and making discoveries. It was noticeable in his words that he truly had that spark within. It was particularly commendable that he wanted to reach his goals on his own, while it also made sense, since as far as he knew, The Collectors would take the credit and treasures you find if you were to gather much from them. Alphonse had dodged a bullet in that sense, as he asked enough to not call their attention. Alphonse was pretty much done with the info, so he closed the tabs and pocketed his MHPT and turned his eyes back to Tento, answering "It's nice to have goals like that, you seem to be on the right path to accomplish it, so just keep it up!"
At this point, Alphonse was ready to go. However, something was irking him. He was going to bid farewell to Tento, but his face looked like he had something to say. Not wanting to leave him hanging, Alphonse asked "Is somethin-..." Or at least he tried, but stopped himself upon seeing the determination grow on him, not wanting to belittle Tento's effort. A literal spark was immediately followed by a barely understandable request to join Alphonse. The rest of the people in the lobby stopped their activities and turned to Tento, wondering why the hell was he screaming. Upon seeing nothing wrong, all turned back to their business. Alphonse face grew serious, and slowly scanned Tento from head to toe. He stopped in his face, looking at him dead in the eye, silently, expressionless. A few seconds later, he broke into a cheery laugh "Hahahaha! I'm just messing with you, hah!... Of course, you can come... But I have one condition..." Alphonse would start walking towards the exit. If Tento asked about the condition, Alphonse would nonchalantly reply "Take me with you on your next trip!".
Sep 21, 2019 11:16 PM

Nov 2016

The hair on Tento's head and arms visibly stood on end as his slur of loud words got the attention of the few that were around, as well as the still stranger in front of him looking him up and down. Only when a cheery laugh drowned out the music quietly playing in his ear, a small wave of relief came over Tento's face. He was still a little riled from not being able to release energy, or at least not wanting to do it here, but the tenseness had disappeared and a now nervous chuckle came along with Alphonse's laugh. Tento's ears almost perked out of his headphones, when he listened to Alphonse's reply, and he began to get a pit in his stomach as Alphonse started to walk away. Tento was ok with basically anything, so he started walking after, a little bit behind Alphonse before speaking up Of course! What's that exactly?

Hearing that Alphonse seemed to have a pretty easy condition made Tento relax. In comparison to what Tento thought he could have asked for, like wanting to keep anything either of them finds or for Tento to give him money, it was relieving. I can't believe this guy is so chill! Maybe I should ask him how we're going to get there, or if we need to pick anything up before we go, or..Uhh Alphonse? I don't really have a next trip in mind just yet, is it ok that I tentatively say yes? Tento had a rather uplifted bounce to his step as he changed his music to a fast tempo dubstep song, stepping to every other beat. He didn't really know the area that well, and just followed along Alphonse waiting for the beats, the rain and his new acquaintance to lead him to the destination, leaving the area.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Cathedral of New Pantheon ( 1 2 )

Darth_Lewdious - Nov 7, 2018

59 by Zelda102 »»
Nov 13, 2019 8:40 PM

» Natah Jungle ( 1 2 )

Darth_Lewdious - Oct 10, 2018

51 by Xylolicious »»
Oct 7, 2019 2:55 PM

» Karn City ( 1 2 )

Darth_Lewdious - Oct 20, 2018

84 by crow890 »»
Oct 1, 2019 4:02 PM

» Apex Company Headquarters

Darth_Lewdious - Oct 28, 2018

45 by Valkan »»
Sep 29, 2019 12:34 AM

» Neito City ( 1 2 3 )

Darth_Lewdious - Oct 14, 2018

107 by Valkan »»
Sep 19, 2019 12:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.